Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

@Arcanite @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack @Ice Dragon

Lots of Xander builds I'm looking at recommend Fury.  It seems that that would work against QR, would straight +Atk be better or maybe something else?  It seems everyone always wants to put Fury on everybody.

I don't think the lost HP is all that much of an issue. I suppose you could run some match-ups and see if Fury is actually pushing you out of Quick Riposte range or if the damage you are taking is going to do the same anyways.

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

@Arcanite @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack @Ice Dragon

Lots of Xander builds I'm looking at recommend Fury.  It seems that that would work against QR, would straight +Atk be better or maybe something else?  It seems everyone always wants to put Fury on everybody.

In any given match, you should really only need Xander (or any of your characters) to go through 1-2 rounds of combat. It shouldn't be much of a problem.

Been looking through a bunch of Xander builds and all suggest QR for the B slot. Now my question, is it worth using feathers to 4* a subaki to pass QR2 or will QR1 suffice with considerations that i will be passing on fury to him as well?

@Rezzy @ScarletSylph  QR1 is great and lets you run Fury 3.  Xander will always get the double on his first engagement, preferably an advantageous bait.  He will be at max potential in this role with fury and even though QR wont get a second proc he will be more survivable for clean up the following round.  You get the most value feather, stat AND SP wise wise like this!  I insta used my second Leo on Xander for QR3 thinking him strictly better, now I'm hesitating to put on fury 3 thinking i could get better value for the expensive QR 3 with some crap like +speed def or Hp.  

It is however quite possible for him to take only the 6 fury dmg against a melee opponent because with Fort Cav. + fury he has 46 defense!  In this instance (QR2 + Fury3) or (QR1 + Fury2) will get him another proc and +3hp Seal pushes this higher.  Time to run some fury2 HP+3 seal calcs vs popular heroes...  This will come up with Colorless, Axe, and low atk Reds like Erika or Olivia, AND assumes u want to bait with Xander a second time.  Again even if he does not kill in the second fight he can survive and clean up after.

@Ice Dragon  Does the game always round down?  Its pretty unfortunate for QR 3 if so,  70% of 47hp is 32.9 :/

@Sable Argyle  I don't think Takumi is a great unit with that spread.  Wait to find a nice candidate for his Close counter, like a bulky mage, spring Camila or Sophia even Saizo for example.  The sole use of close counter is to take melee hits so its not great on low Def heroes like Takumi.  But I have yet to find a unit worth using close counter so just wait and see, maybe some one new comes along...

Edited by Chromatone

Speaking of Horse Emblem and "Blade tomes are bullshit except when I use them"

Has anyone else been having difficulty fighting Flier Emblem? I keep running into Gronblade Spring Camilla who has at the very least a Hone Flier buff if not a Fortify and Goad slapped on there as well. Even with just the Hone Flier buff, she one-shots or one-rounds just about everything I have and anyone who survives will likely have a +6 boosted Brave Lance shoved through their face (Cordelia or Hinoka) if I move in to attack. I beat one such team after I split the enemy team up but it was impossible to win without casualties. What is the best way to deal with this? Hard mode, no Ike or Ryoma.

1 hour ago, Chromatone said:

Does the game always round down?  Its pretty unfortunate for QR 3 if so,  70% of 47hp is 32.9 :/

Any time the game needs a whole number, namely for damage calculations, the number is rounded down. When calculating damage modifiers, the modifier is always rounded down (not the resulting number). When halving damage for staves, the entire damage number is rounded down (counts as 0.5× damage, not as a -50% damage modifier).

Unless I am mistaken, skill activation does not require a whole number. Greater than or equal to 70% of 47 HP is exactly greater than or equal to 32.9 HP. Quick Riposte 3 will be active at 33 HP and inactive at 32 HP.

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Has anyone else been having difficulty fighting Flier Emblem? I keep running into Gronblade Spring Camilla who has at the very least a Hone Flier buff if not a Fortify and Goad slapped on there as well. Even with just the Hone Flier buff, she one-shots or one-rounds just about everything I have and anyone who survives will likely have a +6 boosted Brave Lance shoved through their face (Cordelia or Hinoka) if I move in to attack. I beat one such team after I split the enemy team up but it was impossible to win without casualties. What is the best way to deal with this? Hard mode, no Ike or Ryoma.

If you want to bait and kill on the counterattack, any red tome user with Triangle Adept. You probably also want to pack G Tomebreaker to guarantee the kill in case you can't separate Camilla from the buffers (or if you're using one of the slower choices).

I use Sophia. Sanaki works well because she comes with Triangle Adept by default.

@NekoKnight  A Fury3+ QR Xander with a Hone + Ward can just barely survive and kill a Hone+Fortify, LnD or Fury Camilla.  if she is  +spd or also receiving goad, he will need goad or Spd+1 seal as well...  Tharja with single +atk Buff also takes her out.

I have a 5* +Atk -spd Lilina I'm looking to make Raven+ TA + sword breaker myself, seems quite useful.  Hard to bump Ike, Xander or Tharja to hedge vs just Gronnblade though.

Edited by Chromatone

So... more Horse Emblem questions! I pulled a +SPD -RES Titania earlier today while hunt summoning for Soren. I'm a little salty that she reset my percentage, but maybe she'll be of use on the Horse team. My current planned team is Reinhardt/Eldigan/Xander/Cecilia, and I've posted their builds here before but I'll repost again:

Spoiler

Reinhardt
Weapon: Dire Thunder
Assist: Draw Back
Special: Draconic Aura*

Passive A: Death Blow 3
Passive B: Quick Riposte 2/might leave Vantage 3 just to increase arena score
Passive C: Goad Cavalry

Cecilia (in training, currently 4* level 38)
Weapon: Gronnraven+
Assist: Rally Resistance/Reciprocal Aid*
Special: Iceberg

Passive A: Triangle Adept 3
Passive B: Escape Route 3
Passive C: Hone Cavalry

Eldigan
Weapon: Mystletainn
Assist: Reposition
Special: Moonbow

Passive A: Fury 3
Passive C: Fortify Cavalry

Xander
Weapon: Siegfried
Assist: Swap
Special: Bonfire

Passive A: Fury 3 (currently Fury 2)
Passive B: Quick Riposte 2

*asterisks indicate skills that have not yet been inherited. Except for Cecilia, everyone is 5* level 40 with all skills learned.

My current options are:

1. Replace Cecilia with Titania, which saves me 20k feathers but loses me a mage and colourless coverage.
  2. Replace Eldigan with Titania, which gives me more weapon balance.
  3. Do nothing to the team and wait for Camus. (I'll train Titania anyway, but she might not see the Arena next season.)

If voting Titania on to the team, build suggestions are highly appreciated as well. Thanks in advance!

Edited by azurrys

4 hours ago, Chromatone said:

@Ice Dragon  Does the game always round down?  Its pretty unfortunate for QR 3 if so,  70% of 47hp is 32.9 :/

It rounds up for weapon triangle disadvantage but down for everything else.

3 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Red mages are probably your best bet or high res green mages with G Tomebreaker. You can also use an archer if she's running blade instead of raven, or if you position properly, you can just OHKO her with a strong green mage of your own, like Nino (though depending on how many buffs Camilla has, you may not be able to bait on enemy phase since she'd OHKO your Nino outright). 

Also, Xander's a free unit that everyone should have, and he's basically Ryoma/Ike on a horse. 

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It rounds up for weapon triangle disadvantage but down for everything else.

Well, technically it rounds down (Atk × 0.2~0.4) and then subtracts the result from Atk, but as a rule of thumb and for simplifying calculations, yeah, rounding up (Atk × 0.6~0.8) works just as well.

@azurrys  That is one of Titania best natures!  Sadly she has stiff competition but can certainly fill in for Cecilia and play a more supporting role or even go full LnD3 Brave axe quad strike! However a Gronnblade Cecilia still has more kill coverage and can actually counter kill blue mages.  Titania can certainly be a very fine 4th horse at least.

@Ice Dragon  Derp! guess it didn't matter because Xander hp will always be an integer haha.  So yes its unfortunate he misses out on QR +1 hp proc range by .1  +5hp and +3hp seal let QR3 work at 34 - 36hp neatly though

2 hours ago, azurrys said:

So... more Horse Emblem questions! I pulled a +SPD -RES Titania earlier today while hunt summoning for Soren. I'm a little salty that she reset my percentage, but maybe she'll be of use on the Horse team. My current planned team is Reinhardt/Eldigan/Xander/Cecilia, and I've posted their builds here before but I'll repost again:

Reveal hidden contents

Reinhardt
Weapon: Dire Thunder
Assist: Draw Back
Special: Draconic Aura*

Passive A: Death Blow 3
Passive B: Quick Riposte 2/might leave Vantage 3 just to increase arena score
Passive C: Goad Cavalry

Cecilia (in training, currently 4* level 38)
Weapon: Gronnraven+
Assist: Rally Resistance/Reciprocal Aid*
Special: Iceberg

Passive A: Triangle Adept 3

Eldigan
Weapon: Mystletainn
Assist: Reposition
Special: Moonbow

Passive A: Fury 3
Passive C: Fortify Cavalry

Xander
Weapon: Siegfried
Assist: Swap
Special: Bonfire

Passive A: Fury 3 (currently Fury 2)
Passive B: Quick Riposte 2

*asterisks indicate skills that have not yet been inherited. Except for Cecilia, everyone is 5* level 40 with all skills learned.

My current options are:

1. Replace Cecilia with Titania, which saves me 20k feathers but loses me a mage and colourless coverage.
  2. Replace Eldigan with Titania, which gives me more weapon balance.
  3. Do nothing to the team and wait for Camus. (I'll train Titania anyway, but she might not see the Arena next season.)

If voting Titania on to the team, build suggestions are highly appreciated as well. Thanks in advance!

Hey we have the same Horse Emblem members! 
I personally really like Cecilia, she does a lot of work with triangle adept and giving her a breaker skill makes up for her mediocre at best speed.
I don't know much about Titania but she is the one of the Arena units so she'll snag you bonus feathers while we're still on this set. 

So my suggestion is if you don't have anyone who nabs you the bonus feathers for this arena set start giving her some levels, if you do I would just give Cecilia the 20k feathers since Xander will be in the next arena set regardless so easy feathers with a team you've already put together.

Under exactly which circumstances does merging a used version of a unit with a new one give the merged unit access to already-learned skills from the start without having to learn them again? Do they have to have the same rarity?

14 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

@azurrys  That is one of Titania best natures!  Sadly she has stiff competition but can certainly fill in for Cecilia and play a more supporting role or even go full LnD3 Brave axe quad strike! However a Gronnblade Cecilia still has more kill coverage and can actually counter kill blue mages.  Titania can certainly be a very fine 4th horse at least.

Thanks, that's good to know! I'll be training Titania up regardless and the Brave Axe quad build is definitely food for thought, since she'd make better use of the Brave Axe+ than my -ATK Camilla. I'm planning on the Raven Adept build for Cecilia but I'm pretty sure she can counter blue mages either way.

12 minutes ago, Sable Argyle said:

Hey we have the same Horse Emblem members! 
I personally really like Cecilia, she does a lot of work with triangle adept and giving her a breaker skill makes up for her mediocre at best speed.
I don't know much about Titania but she is the one of the Arena units so she'll snag you bonus feathers while we're still on this set. 

So my suggestion is if you don't have anyone who nabs you the bonus feathers for this arena set start giving her some levels, if you do I would just give Cecilia the 20k feathers since Xander will be in the next arena set regardless so easy feathers with a team you've already put together.

Haha, hi Horse Emblem friend! I've had Reinhardt and Eldigan for a long time but only recently began working on Horse Emblem in earnest. I'm looking forward to demolishing the arena next season with them.

I've been using Zephiel for this set and managed to nab a deathless run with him (though he pretty much just stood around), so I probably won't rush to train up Titania for it. Thanks for the vote of confidence for Cecilia! She was pretty mediocre until I dropped TA on her, after which she suddenly became pretty beastly. What breaker skill do you think would be best for her? I'm considering G Tomebreaker to counter the Reinhardt counters. I think she definitely deserves my feathers; I was mostly considering subbing Titania in over her so that I could maybe wait until I pull a better Cecilia to promote to 5* (my current one is neutral, which isn't bad by any means, but +ATK would be sweet). Since I'm still hunt summoning for Soren I expect to be pulling a lot of greens.

By the way, a little off-topic, but what order do you put your team in? I'm thinking Eldigan/Xander/Cecilia/Reinhardt for mine due to the distribution of my buffs (Fortify/Hone/Hone/Goad; since Cecilia isn't running Gronnblade she doesn't need to be next to the Fortify). I can't set Reinhardt as lead since that would scare everyone away so I figured Eldigan was the way to go.

9 minutes ago, azurrys said:

By the way, a little off-topic, but what order do you put your team in? I'm thinking Eldigan/Xander/Cecilia/Reinhardt for mine due to the distribution of my buffs (Fortify/Hone/Hone/Goad; since Cecilia isn't running Gronnblade she doesn't need to be next to the Fortify). I can't set Reinhardt as lead since that would scare everyone away so I figured Eldigan was the way to go.

Usually Rein, Cecilia, Xander, Eldi, since Eldi and Rein are using the during combat buffs while both Cec and Xander have hone Cav. I would argue that having Rein in front makes more sense because if you put Cecilia in front people are gonna realize that's a horse emblem team and plenty of people run Rein by himself. But perhaps Xander might be best. 

4 minutes ago, Chelone said:

is it true that people who participated with the fortune telling event will get extra orbs and feathers?

I hope its just every one gets them, thats usually how they do similar things, the event wasn't even advertised in game or in english...  I saw some stuff about it and tried it but didn't see the point...

Edited by Chromatone

13 minutes ago, Chelone said:

is it true that people who participated with the fortune telling event will get extra orbs and feathers?

As far as I'm aware, the only thing you get from participating is the Nintendo points for linking your Nintendo account. The orbs and feathers are a global reward, just like every other similar event we've had.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

As far as I'm aware, the only thing you get from participating is the Nintendo points for linking your Nintendo account. The orbs and feathers are a global reward, just like every other similar event we've had.

Yeah, thought so. Someone on my facebook feed mentioned something about the rewards being exclusive to people who logged in with their Nintendo account. usually the orb/feather rewards are for everyone haha

1 hour ago, Sable Argyle said:

Usually Rein, Cecilia, Xander, Eldi, since Eldi and Rein are using the during combat buffs while both Cec and Xander have hone Cav. I would argue that having Rein in front makes more sense because if you put Cecilia in front people are gonna realize that's a horse emblem team and plenty of people run Rein by himself. But perhaps Xander might be best. 

Hmm, I see! You have a point there with putting Rein in front, but he's honestly such a pain in the ass whether or not he's on a horse team (Rein + dancer is pretty bad too) that I think people might avoid him either way. I passed over a Reinhardt lead myself earlier today since I'm running 2 swords this season and was nearing the end of my deathless streak. I figured Eldigan would look unthreatening since he's kind of slow and has no Distant Counter, unlike Xander. Putting Cecilia up front would probably be a bad idea though, I definitely agree there. Maybe I'll try cycling them around per week and see if there's any difference.

I have a +Def/-Res and a +Def/-Spd Sheena. I'm probably going to use both since Effie and Zephiel are the only other 4* armors I have, but which one has a better bane? 

1 minute ago, Zero1000 said:

I have a +Def/-Res and a +Def/-Spd Sheena. I'm probably going to use both since Effie and Zephiel are the only other 4* armors I have, but which one has a better bane? 

If you are running a full armor team, you are running -Spd.

4 hours ago, Sable Argyle said:

Since Xander will be in the next arena set regardless so easy feathers with a team you've already put together.

Thanks I forgot Xander will be bonus in the arena the next week or two!

3 hours ago, Sable Argyle said:

Interesting thoughts.  You're right about Cecila being in front = horse emblem.  I suppose one option for defense would be to put someone who strongly benefits horse emblem but isn't mounted.  Perhaps a dancer Ninian, Olivia or Azura.  Or you could throw up a buff unit like Erika.  Or you could add more back row neutral support with an a good archer up front.  

I think the best option though for baiting people in would be to have a horse healer out front =-)  In all likelyhood you'll still destroy someone in the following battle!