"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Sorry, I meant to say Goad Cavalry. Would that count as a Spur?

Goad Cavalry would stack, yes.

If it says "during combat" anywhere in the skill description, then it stacks with itself and all other "during combat" buffs.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Armor Emblem question:

For my Zephiel's A skill slot, I'm contemplating Death Blow or Fury. Because he has Wary Fighter, Zephiel will never take two hits outside of brave weapons, so despite taking 3 less damage from attacks while Fury is active, the 6 post battle damage actually makes his bulk lower than it would have been. Should I just save the Fury for someone who can actually benefit from the speed buff?

Death Blow would make him near identical in function to Effie (can't say that's a bad way to be) but perhaps I ought to save Death Blow for a Brave user? The only other A skill I could imagine him using (besides Distant Counter) is Defiant Defense, but if he drops below 50% HP, he's probably already having problems.

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Armor Emblem question:

For my Zephiel's A skill slot, I'm contemplating Death Blow or Fury. Because he has Wary Fighter, Zephiel will never take two hits outside of brave weapons, so despite taking 3 less damage from attacks while Fury is active, the 6 post battle damage actually makes his bulk lower than it would have been. Should I just save the Fury for someone who can actually benefit from the speed buff?

Death Blow would make him near identical in function to Effie (can't say that's a bad way to be) but perhaps I ought to save Death Blow for a Brave user? The only other A skill I could imagine him using (besides Distant Counter) is Defiant Defense, but if he drops below 50% HP, he's probably already having problems.

Obviously the answer is Distant Counter

I'd just give him Atk +3 and call it a day. He doesn't want the defense drop from Life and Death or the HP penalty from Fury, but he does appreciate the extra attack from Atk +3. 

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Armor Emblem question:

I'd just give him Atk +3 and call it a day. He doesn't want the defense drop from Life and Death or the HP penalty from Fury, but he does appreciate the extra attack from Atk +3. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Thanks for the feedback.

I suppose that's the boring but most practical way to go about it. I'll go with Attack +3 for now.

The next green pull will be a spare Hector, I'm sure of it.

Let's see here...

1: I currently have 2 Sorens. One is +ATK and -DEF and he's level 40 and I have one level 1 Soren. I was considering merging the two but I also am waiting on a Nino. I've come to the realization that I have a +DEF and -RES level 1 Nino and the one I've been leveling turns out to be -SPD (Both 3*). Meaning both of these Ninos are garbo. She is my ideal green tome unit and I was initially thinking about SI'ing Soren's Rexcalibur onto her while I built her up into a 5* from 3* or 4*. 

Question is, should I burn my extra Rexcalibur on a Nino that is neither +ATK or +SPD, save it for her later to make building a new one easier, or simply merge it, make my current +ATK Soren even stronger, and build up a better Nino normally when she comes around?

2. I love Matthew. He's one of my favorite characters in the series. He's also one of the worst units in this game as it turns out. I really want a 5* Matthew still. Currently I have a neutral Matt and a -SPD one so he won't be going anywhere anytime soon but I'm going to keep opening colorless orbs in hope of him. Two questions here. First is, how do you go about making this unit good? Skill setups, weapons etc because he's really not great and his weapon is weird. Poison strike is nice but when so many units, (like Kagero, whom I have and is also +ATK) can kill units outright it doesn't seem worth it. Kagero will still be my first unlocked 5* when I get the feathers, but Matthew is one of my longterm goals as is my Lyn/Hector/Matthew/Nino dream team. Back to the question though, how do you make this character viable?

Second question, it won't influence my decision or my bias but... just so that I'm not slighted and know where to put my priorities. Is it worth even half of the effort to make Matthew worth it when I have a 4* +ATK Kagero waiting on the feathers to be 5*ed as well as a +DEF, -HP Takumi that I just came into possession of?

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Let's see here...

1: I currently have 2 Sorens. One is +ATK and -DEF and he's level 40 and I have one level 1 Soren. I was considering merging the two but I also am waiting on a Nino. I've come to the realization that I have a +DEF and -RES level 1 Nino and the one I've been leveling turns out to be -SPD (Both 3*). Meaning both of these Ninos are garbo. She is my ideal green tome unit and I was initially thinking about SI'ing Soren's Rexcalibur onto her while I built her up into a 5* from 3* or 4*. 

Question is, should I burn my extra Rexcalibur on a Nino that is neither +ATK or +SPD, save it for her later to make building a new one easier, or simply merge it, make my current +ATK Soren even stronger, and build up a better Nino normally when she comes around?

2. I love Matthew. He's one of my favorite characters in the series. He's also one of the worst units in this game as it turns out. I really want a 5* Matthew still. Currently I have a neutral Matt and a -SPD one so he won't be going anywhere anytime soon but I'm going to keep opening colorless orbs in hope of him. Two questions here. First is, how do you go about making this unit good? Skill setups, weapons etc because he's really not great and his weapon is weird. Poison strike is nice but when so many units, (like Kagero, whom I have and is also +ATK) can kill units outright it doesn't seem worth it. Kagero will still be my first unlocked 5* when I get the feathers, but Matthew is one of my longterm goals as is my Lyn/Hector/Matthew/Nino dream team. Back to the question though, how do you make this character viable?

Second question, it won't influence my decision or my bias but... just so that I'm not slighted and know where to put my priorities. Is it worth even half of the effort to make Matthew worth it when I have a 4* +ATK Kagero waiting on the feathers to be 5*ed as well as a +DEF, -HP Takumi that I just came into possession of?

Considering how OP blade tomes are, I don't really get why you would want Nino to part with hers. They have the same might and Gronblade's effect is well worth the slower charge on specials. If your team can give her an attack buff and a speed buff, she'll get +12 damage for every attack, which is almost worth it to forego special activation all toghether (which you don't have to).

Nino is good enough that even without an ideal nature, she is still a great unit. +atk or +spd would be ideal, but your (-res +def) one can still function perfectly well. I got a Nino with the exact same nature as a 3-star and I promoted her 5-star as soon as I was able to. Even without a team build around her, she is still one of the best units in my arena teams. The 3 extra damage you would get from a +atk nature is nice, but I haven't run into that much situations were I needed it.

I'm not to sure about Matthew to be honest. He seems a lot bulkier then I thought, but not so much that he can easily tank a lot of hits. With the current meta revolving around one rounding, I don't think any dagger user apart from Kagero is worth it to much, but perhaps the new defence maps will change things?

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

Let's see here...

I have Takumi, Jeorge and Kagero all at 5*.

I'm promoting Gaius.

He's not going to be good. He's not going to beat them... but he's my one of my favourite characters currently in the game. If it's a long term goal, then just go for it when you reach a point you have enough of a balance of units that you can beat most maps :D My 5*'s are pretty well balanced, so I've decided to go ahead and start training up Gaius ^.^

For Gaius, I'm currently going to go the Rogue Dagger (Silver when I can get it), Fury, Poison Strike (maybe a seal when I decide which one, but poison strike for now), and some kind of c skill. His special I think is either moonbow or reprisal, but I might just make him one build for now, and then change it all around when I can get Life and Death 3, which won't be happening for a while lol. He's not going to be a unit I use often, but I will use him ^.^

Edited by Cute Chao

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

Let's see here...

I have Takumi, Jeorge and Kagero all at 5*.

I'm promoting Gaius.

He's not going to be good. He's not going to beat them... but he's my one of my favourite characters currently in the game. If it's a long term goal, then just go for it when you reach a point you have enough of a balance of units that you can beat most maps :D My 5*'s are pretty well balanced, so I've decided to go ahead and start training up Gaius ^.^

I have vaguely defined plans of creating a hail of Litrblade through the use of a red, a Nino, and probably Linde, clashing their C skills and Rallies together to crush enemies while keeping a bonus unit on hand to do something similar (Sharena is very good at this job). Any suggestions on what auras I should use? Would a Defiant skill work on one? What skills would work better in the trio?

I'm having trouble finding the way to earn Seals-are they gone forever now? If so, that sucks. I was only able to get one.

10 minutes ago, Dai said:

I'm having trouble finding the way to earn Seals-are they gone forever now? If so, that sucks. I was only able to get one.

Yep

They're gone forever! :(

Wow...that really blows. The game gives me notifications about how extra seals will become feathers, but why if there's no more?

Wow...that really blows. The game gives me notifications about how extra seals will become feathers, but why if there's no more?

1 minute ago, Dai said:

There'll be more quests with seals on in the future. Not sure when, though ^.^

24 minutes ago, Dai said:

They'll be back in the future , new players are eventually gonna have to have a chance to get them. Don't worry about it , just gotta be patient. 

1 minute ago, ScarletSylph said:

Who is better to 5* first for horse emblem? Xander or Ursula?

Depends....

Xander has a hero specific weapon while Ursula is a mage on..... "wheels"

HOWEVER! you really only need QR or Vantage for Xander to put in work while Ursula needs Blarblade for her MAXIMUM potential

If you're using Ursula without blarblade, you may as well use Death blow reinhardt!

6 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Who is better to 5* first for horse emblem? Xander or Ursula?

Does Ursula have Blárblade? No? Then bump Xander. You'll need him as your bonus unit next season if you don't have anything else to work with, in any case.

EDIT: Forgot Ninja was in Oboro's class set.

Edited by MrSmokestack

7 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

@Arcanite @MrSmokestack Ursula has blarblade, not the + version and Xander has QR + fury

Put Xander on a defense tile with fury and he gets FIFTY TWO defense (assuming Fury 3). Just keep that in mind when you're in the arena ;)

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Put Xander on a defense tile with fury and he gets FIFTY TWO defense (assuming Fury 3). Just keep that in mind when you're in the arena ;)

Haha i did this with both Fortify and ward on him, he never took damaged, just laughing at a fully loaded Qaudsuna.  Lolz, these new maps are super eee zzzz

Edited by Chromatone