"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

25 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Anything with Distant Counter is a great candidate for recieving Vantage, as well as Quick Riposte. Ryoma and Hector in particular are popular options since they have high base Atk to OHKO frail ranged and melee threats before they can move.

Quick Riposte tends to be more useful for most DC units if you have to choose between it and Vantage, though; Hector is the exception since he rolls all three abilities into one.

So definitely Hector then, it's a shame I didn't get Ryoma from Hero Fest, but might as well turn Hector into a monster..

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Special mention goes to Nowi- many a streak has been ruined because I couldn't kill a Nowi fast enough and she always got to Vantage range (and she had her special up).

Quick Riposte is probably better but on defense teams, Vantage Nowi can be pretty annoying especially if you don't have a Julia like me

Does Fortify RES stack with the Fortify RES 1 Sacred Seal? I mean, if I use Fortify RES 3 with the Seal, will my units get a +6 RES buff, or just the +4 from Fortify 3?

Also, is +SPD/-HP a good boon/bane for Barst? Or Cain? Because I have those two as +SPD/-HP.

2 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Does Fortify RES stack with the Fortify RES 1 Sacred Seal? I mean, if I use Fortify RES 3 with the Seal, will my units get a +6 RES buff, or just the +4 from Fortify 3?

Out-of-battle buffs do not stack. Ever.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Out-of-battle buffs do not stack. Ever.

So I'd only get the +4 from Fortify RES 3 then? Alright.

That's a little disappointing, but I'll find a use for it anyway.

Thanks, mate.

Although, would the Spur DEF 1 Sacred Seal would stack with Spur DEF 3 to give +6 DEF to adjacent allies? Because that would be pretty useful.

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Although, would the Spur DEF 1 Sacred Seal would stack with Spur DEF 3 to give +6 DEF to adjacent allies? Because that would be pretty useful.

Yes, it does.

Just now, BurgundyBirb said:

What's a good special for +Spd Roy? I would assume Moonbow but i wanna be sure in case I waste a Palla.

If he isn't -Res, its either Moonbow, or Iceberg! Iceberg is one extra turn but neutral res iceberg does 14 damage!

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

If he isn't -Res, its either Moonbow, or Iceberg! Iceberg is one extra turn but neutral res iceberg does 14 damage!

Mine is -HP, so Iceberg guarantees at least 14 damage. I guess that's better than just a chance at doing some damage with Moonbow...I'll go for Iceberg I guess, thanks!

Plus Iceberg on Roy will probably look really cool

Edited by BurgundyBirb

So I pimped out my +2 Soren Today, yes he is bit worse Nino but I love him and has more bst with the merges.  That new hone res Seal made me pull the trigger, pretty sweet free Blade tome buff.

Soren+2 +Atk -Res Gronnblade+ , Darting Blow, Draconic Aura, Draw back.  BUT WHAT B?!

G Tome breaker is common but does it really do much against any one but Nino?  It can be better for bating since im running Darting Blow.  Fully buffed mounted G Blade users just OHKO him any way.

Escape route could be clutch and desperation seems really situational.  I need to decide to raise arena points...

Edited by Chromatone

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So, Wings of Mercy so he can fly all the way to your house and give it to you good?

Wings on Hector are more jerkass-y than Vantage because I one-shot him with buffed Lilina. So if you want him to be a jerkass, then Wings. If you want to be a jerkass, then Vantage.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Wings on Hector are more jerkass-y than Vantage because I one-shot him with buffed Lilina. So if you want him to be a jerkass, then Wings. If you want to be a jerkass, then Vantage.

I see, I'll go with Wings then.

I'll send you a FE plushie soon, but it may or may not be damaged. Make sure your windows are open. Medical insurance is good too.

Two questions:

- I just got two Linde, one is +Speed/-Def, the other +Att/-Res. Which one is best to keep?

- So Roy is a bonus character at the arena this season, and I happen to have a 5* Roy (+Res/-HP) so now I'm considering how to use him again. At one point I had some plans of giving him Nooday, +Def and Threaten Speed for tank-who-debuffs kind of build; but the more I thought about it, the less it seemed any good so I didn't do anything in the end. Does anyone have suggestion of a good build for Roy?

Edited by salinea

So my latest pull has left me with two quandaries that I could use some insight on.

1. I now have two copies of Boey, the first being +SPD, -DEF and the second being +ATK, -SPD. I'm more inclined to go with #2 at the moment but any advice would be appreciated.

2. What would be the best use of the Boey that I don't choose to go with? Would it be better to have someone inherit one of his unique skills (Gronnowl, Earth Boost) or to just merge him into the one that I do go with? While I had thought about potentially having my Soren run Gronnraven+ with TA3, I'm now a bit interested in trying out Gronnowl on him but I'm open to any ideas.

Edited by Tybrosion

Random question that I'd like to get a second opinion on:

Is there any reason to run Drag Back over Hit and Run or vice versa?

As far as I can tell, the only difference between the two is the case where you fail to kill the target. Drag Back fails if the target is unable to move onto your tile, but Hit and Run doesn't have the advantage of pulling the target closer to your other units. Is there any preference between the two, assuming you have access to both?

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As far as I can tell, the only difference between the two is the case where you fail to kill the target. Drag Back fails if the target is unable to move onto your tile, but Hit and Run doesn't have the advantage of pulling the target closer to your other units. Is there any preference between the two, assuming you have access to both?

Drag Back might be more preferable for infantry units while flying units want Hit and Run. Since Drag Back can sometimes just not work you will want to put it on units that will always get it off regardless of the target, save pulling a cavalry onto a forest tile. It's a bit map dependent though. Assuming there are no obstacles at all, Drag Back is better by a substantial margin.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I use Drag Back on units that have no business being on the front lines, like Olivia.  I use it to grab an enemy, and pull them towards my team.