"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

30 minutes ago, Lushen said:

You could enter the current Reinhardt meta.  I think Reinhardt > Takumi right now.  This would help you place higher in the arena if you're having trouble winning 7 in a row which would give you more feathers which means more promotes.

The only 5*s I am familiar with that you have, don't really benefit much from skill inheritance.  Then again, I only really know about Ephraim and Corrin.  Not saying skill inheritance won't help, but it won't make a huge difference.  If feathers are rare for you right now, I wouldn't waste them getting skills like Fury 3 that you can get from some 4* units, even if you don't have them. 

Cool thanks for the info, so reinhardt could be a possibility - my main team is just Ephraim,tharja,julia,klein because they were my 1st 5* of each colour and I thought why not, getting a dedicated team would help in arena I'd say.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have peasant setup and I need a lot of help.

My current gold status team is - def +res Nino, + def - res Sanaki, -HP + res Ephraim.

I have a bad team and need a 4th member to make me be able to manage doing advanced arenas, who should I get or make my 4th gold for PvP?

My current golds are:

Spoiler

- Hawkeye fodder

- Lachesis useless/fodder

- Bunny Camilla 

- Annoying Sakura

My current 4 stars are:

Spoiler

- +HP - Atk Male Robin

- +HP - Spd Reinhardt

- Xander (+Bronze Duplicate)

- Zephiel

- Michalis

- - HP +Res Kagero

- - Def +Res Effie

- Cain

- Gordin

- Fae (Renewal Fodder)

- Gunter

I have many Bronze units for fodder, but no Hinata for Fury or Quick Riposte.

What can I... should I do?

@Altina It seems like you've got potential for some pretty good teams. You don't have to have Fury or Quick Riposte to destroy in the Arena. It can certainly help, but from what I see, you can build some great teams. 

As far as promoting characters, I'd go Reinhardt or Xander (or Michalis). Reinhardt is already super slow, so -SPD doesn't hurt him. He tends to wreck in the Arena in general, so you can never go wrong with him. Xander is really nice to have because of his automatic distant counter at 5 stars. He's also a bonus unit this season which is nice. Since you don't have QR fodder, Xander also works nicely with Vantage. (So a Lon'qu will give him Vantage 3 and Gordin can give him 2). Likewise, you could promote both of them and start building a Horse Emblem team. I'm partial to Michalis myself. He was the first unit I brought to 5 stars with feathers. He's bulky with high mobility and arrows don't bother him because of Iote's shield. I can't think of a reason you'd promote him over the others, but I think he's a cool dude.

However, using a dancer can really help Advanced Arena battles. Olivia is a free unit and does her job just as well as Azura or Ninian if you just need someone to dance while your other three units wreck.

I see Xander as a red Michalis on a horse, hence why QR+Bonfire work superbly on him. He’s rather strong and his defences are almost impregnable by either swords or axes, and Siegfried adds bows and daggers to the mix.

I wonder whether I should also put Fury on him. QR doesn’t last long anyway, but Fury does increase his bulk even more. If no QR available, then Vantage is the way to go, correct?

37 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@Altina It seems like you've got potential for some pretty good teams. You don't have to have Fury or Quick Riposte to destroy in the Arena. It can certainly help, but from what I see, you can build some great teams. 

As far as promoting characters, I'd go Reinhardt or Xander (or Michalis). Reinhardt is already super slow, so -SPD doesn't hurt him. He tends to wreck in the Arena in general, so you can never go wrong with him. Xander is really nice to have because of his automatic distant counter at 5 stars. He's also a bonus unit this season which is nice. Since you don't have QR fodder, Xander also works nicely with Vantage. (So a Lon'qu will give him Vantage 3 and Gordin can give him 2). Likewise, you could promote both of them and start building a Horse Emblem team. I'm partial to Michalis myself. He was the first unit I brought to 5 stars with feathers. He's bulky with high mobility and arrows don't bother him because of Iote's shield. I can't think of a reason you'd promote him over the others, but I think he's a cool dude.

However, using a dancer can really help Advanced Arena battles. Olivia is a free unit and does her job just as well as Azura or Ninian if you just need someone to dance while your other three units wreck.

Thanks for replying. I wanted to go with Michalis because I thought he was supper cool too at one point, but he's not the best of units to use; maybe he would be epic for a Wyvern(Flier) Emblem team, but I have a feeling Minerva might surpass him even at that. Dancers would also not really help me because my current golds are not that great in-terms of damage output due to bad IVs and partially "incorrect" skill set-ups.

Anyways, I don't think I can make a good Horse Emblem team at the moment because I just don't have that many 5 star cavalry units, 4 star duplicates or enough feathers (only 42k) to build up such a team. However, I do still feel like Xander is a great choice, not only because he looks so epic, but also because of his high defense, mobility, and battle range, however, Reinhardt I think is superior, but it completely sucks that I don't have a +atk Reinhardt, and I'm worried if a neutral Reinhardt would be somewhat low-performance in arenas. A great player named Lushen said I should get up Male Robin, as a counter to colorless ranged units, but my Robin has crap IVs, so I had to reconsider everyday, and I'm still here stuck with more lob-sided options. I just want to know how negatively my IVs will affect my performance and abilities in arena if I decide to get with the set up that I have.

At the moment with a team of Nino, Sanaki, Ephraim, and Gunter I have been able to just barely clutch the advanced battles, but I almost always end up losing units and getting a low score.

Edited by Altina

13 hours ago, Volo said:

Does anyone here have a really good team that nets a lot of Defense wins? I do really well on Offense, but I can't get any Defense wins recently. I didn't get any last season using Nino/Olwen/Olivia/Zephiel (most of the time; I tried rearranging the team a bit each day). Now I'm using Nino/Olwen/Olivia/Roy (so far), and still none. I was told to put WOM on Olivia; I did that, and it didn't help. I also tried color stacking last season, and that didn't help.

Anyone mind sharing secrets to their success? This aspect of the game is stressing me out because it feels like it's totally out of my control.

I'm no expert as I usually play around with my defense team to get my wins. But last season I was able to get a decent amount of wins with my team of male robin, Ike, Hector, Takumi. Its an almost full counter attack team and Hector has WoM so he jumps to allies that didn't get OHKO. It worked really well as I was able to get the 900 feather defense wins.

Sadly that team is not working anymore this season because of the Horse emblem meta. As a user of horse emblem myself, the only time I have lost is when I mispositioned my units. Other than that, I beat a lot of people in arena. So in my opinion, I think that a counter to horse emblem might work. Maybe people like female robin with her cavalry tome(dont remember the name) would work well. Though I don't quite have the time to train and SI mine so I can't tell you how effective she is.

Dancers are always a good option as those for me are the most annoying teams to fight. I would also suggest units that have the same movement space and units with swap and reposition might help keep the team together instead of other units running off into their deaths.

Other than that I can't really think of how to improve defense wins.

@Altina Get Ephraim to learn reposition and hone speed to really help out Nino. Give Ephraim the fortify seal is you want to up Nino's damage even higher. That duo can easily wreck most of the opposition. Totally not because I also use them...ha ha  Nino would like Life and Death 3 or the cheaper option of Fury. Desperation is also a must. But you don't really need to deck out Nino yet, she does fine without SI. Focus on Ephraim as he is what really makes Nino shine. The third member should be a strong red unit, and Xander fits the bill. He's slow so Quick Riposte would have been nice as it allows him to kill many units in retaliation. Vantage is also a popular choice for units that can counter on both ranges. 

But seriously, Ephraim + Nino team up is great. I've had the pair clean up entire teams by themselves. 

@Kiran Thanks for the advice, and you're right; I should just go for it! Better to enjoy a solid all 5 star team while playing this game instead of just waiting for that right IV unit to build a team out of for months.

16 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@salinea

Sample Set

Reveal hidden contents

Binding Blade

Triangle Adept 3

Swordbreaker 3

Hone / Spur / Threaten Skill

Reposition / Shove

Iceberg

Hope this helps.

Was also thinking on using this set, as I have all of the skills for Roy, though mine is +Def/-HP. The only problem I have is that I only have one 4* Abel, and I don't know if I'll get another one sometime. I'm thinking the +Def boon would make Bonfire a good alternative to Iceberg, since I have more Bonfire fodder than Iceberg

Spoiler

Also how do I remove mentions on mobile?

What staff works best with Wrathful Staff? Genny has 38 base ATK at level 40 with +ATK. Assault has 10 might...and 48 ATK wouldn't be anything to laugh at. But I'm also a big fan of the Slow (5 might), Fear (5 might), and Gravity (6) staves. Genny comes with Gravity already, but I've got no shortage of healers. Are debuffs better than the extra might?  

In my fruitless attempts to get Celica, I managed to get a few Eliwoods, including a +Atk, -Res one. Has anyone tried out the One Punch Wood build? I have the mats for it and was considering making him the red unit on my horse team. Is Xander so much better that it's not even a contest for which would be a good red unit?

3 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Is Xander so much better that it's not even a contest for which would be a good red unit?

I’m not theorist but it seems to me that Eliwood is an offensive player-phase-focused unit, whereas Xander is focused on counter-killing during the enemy phase. They fill sort of differing niches.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m not theorist but it seems to me that Eliwood is an offensive player-phase-focused unit, whereas Xander is focused on counter-killing during the enemy phase. They fill sort of differing niches.

For what it's worth, the only definite member on the Team is Blarblade Ursula. Other options are:

-Atk, +Def Reinhardt
-Atk +HP Elise
-HP +Atk Cecilia (no TA available)
-Spd +Def Leo
Camus when he decided to show up

i gots a 5 star seliph just now, and honestly his very existence disgusts me, so...

do i sacrifice him for

1. feathers

2. his weapon

or 3. brash assault?

1 minute ago, claire said:

do i sacrifice him for

1. feathers

2. his weapon

or 3. Brash Assault?

No one can inherit Seliph's weapon, and Brash Assault is generally considered a mediocre skill overall.

Why send him home? He's a great bulky sword user with some investment. What is his nature?

For Celica, is +Atk -HP better or +HP -Def better? The latter is pretty benign, and honestly not that different from neutral Celica. The former gains quite a bit of firepower, but that -HP actually does hurt quite a bit defensively. My HP1 seal is currently being used by my Julia, who is also +Atk -HP.

38 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

No one can inherit Seliph's weapon, and Brash Assault is generally considered a mediocre skill overall.

Why send him home? He's a great bulky sword user with some investment. What is his nature?

I really dislike his character

heres a screenshot

IMG_6152.thumb.PNG.2bbaad71e708509cbbaa8f9798eacce1.PNG

So, I'm now sitting on two Lon'qus and a Sully. I'm informed Vantage is good on Hector and Ryoma, and I'd like to ask which it's better for, if at all (I've only got one at 4*).

In terms of the Sully... well, Swordbreaker has been something I've wanted for a while, but now I have it, I don't know where it's going. Klein, Sharena and Lilina all have other B Skills now, and somewhat humourously, I'm thinking my best thought to be Nowi. I've got a 4* on defence, with Ryoma, Hector and Robin, and she already has the Triangle Adept...
Other Swordbreaker candidates probably include Ryoma, Klein even still, and possibly someone else on my roster I haven't even considered it useful on. Considering I'm building up to Blade Emblem on offense and I'm considering leaving Ryoma/Hector/Nowi as a defensive core... I wonder whether Swordbreaker actually lives up to the hype I've had for it.

1 hour ago, claire said:

I really dislike his character

heres a screenshot

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_6152.thumb.PNG.2bbaad71e708509cbbaa8f9798eacce1.PNG

Your Seliph is +Atk -Def!

So here are your options:

1. I guess you can give him sword breaker maybe

2. You can give brash assault 3 to Lyn if you have her, though you probably want to use Bartre instead since he has brash assault 3 at 4 stars anyway (this is on the random chance you have a Lyn anyway)

3. Give him Quick Riposte so that his first turn of enemy phase combat is a double hit!

4. If you really really really really really really really really really really don't care for him, you can sacrifice him if you want.

3 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

For what it's worth, the only definite member on the Team is Blarblade Ursula. Other options are:

-Atk, +Def Reinhardt
-Atk +HP Elise
-HP +Atk Cecilia (no TA available)
-Spd +Def Leo
Camus when he decided to show up

I run Eliwood and Xander both 5* rounding it out with Olwen 5* and Cecilia 4* will probably raise her also eventually. I have Reinhardt but in full horse emblem I got better performance out of Olwen with SI but Reinhardt is still devestating. 

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

+Def/-Spd Nowi for eating Falchions or +Res/-HP Robin for colour coverage?

Either or, depending on the rest of your team. If you're lacking ranged damage that you can utilize whenever, Robin makes a good fit.

I do prefer Nowi overall due to 1-2 range counter and better raw bulk, but her nature isn't ideal.

Hello, I'm going to upgrade my Tharja ( + Spd/-Def )to 5* here, and was going to build a comp out with her. I was probably going to run Nino and Azura with her. Though who would be good to run as a fourth? I have several unit to roll out, Hector is who I was leaning towards but if you think there may be on more compatible. 

Then the other questions is, what's a good SI loadout for Tharja and Nino? 

Azura I run - Sapphie Lance +, Sing, Moonbow, Speed + 3, Wings +3, and Fortify Res+3 (thinking of switching to Hone Atk though.)