"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 hours ago, Hawk King said:

The nice thing about having -HP is that her first merge will give her +1 to Atk and Spd.

The order in which points are gained from merging is based on the Lv. 1 stats, not the Lv. 40 stats.

Edited by LordFrigid

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

That was pretty much the reason I didn't suggest +Atk -Spd.

As for Tiki-Young, she has a considerable +5 Res lead over Tiki-Adult aside from the aforementioned Spd. With Triangle Adept and either QR / G Tomebreaker, she makes a solid Julia check for Dragon Emblem teams. Other than that, I'm not very familiar with either Tiki so that's all I can suggest.

EDIT: Also, Lightning Breath.

Looking at the dueling simulator, it seems that a Lightning Breath+/Bonfire/TA3/QR3 build on the =HP/-Def one is indeed the build that works best for my Tiki!Y, while my +Spd/-Res Tiki!A would do well with the Fury/QR build.

Thank you for the input!

Would it be better to promote an Hp+/Spd Reinhardt or Camus first for my cavalry team?

Currently, I have Xander (bonfire/fury/Vantage) Cecilia (Spd+/Def, blade) and Ursula (blade). Still playing around with builds for Cecilia and Ursula. 

I was hoping for an Atk+ Rein but I'm starting to wonder if this neutral one is good enough to promote over Camus. Eventually, it might make sense to promote both and replace Ursula.

54 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

Would it be better to promote an Hp+/Spd Reinhardt or Camus first for my cavalry team?

Currently, I have Xander (bonfire/fury/Vantage) Cecilia (Spd+/Def, blade) and Ursula (blade). Still playing around with builds for Cecilia and Ursula. 

I was hoping for an Atk+ Rein but I'm starting to wonder if this neutral one is good enough to promote over Camus. Eventually, it might make sense to promote both and replace Ursula.

Depends on your platstyle- do you prefer to delete on player phase or have a second Distant Counter user that is not as susceptible during enemy phase?

since you already have Ursula i'm slightly leaning to saying Camus. Plus he will be a bonus unit soon.

personally I promoted Reinhardt even if he wasn't Attack boon and he still wrecks things. Still a contender in the future if you ever want to replace Ursula

That said, another melee cavalry in your team would also better balance things, especially one that can counter at any range.

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Depends on your platstyle- do you prefer to delete on player phase or have a second Distant Counter user that is not as susceptible during enemy phase?

since you already have Ursula i'm slightly leaning to saying Camus. Plus he will be a bonus unit soon.

personally I promoted Reinhardt even if he wasn't Attack boon and he still wrecks things. Still a contender in the future if you ever want to replace Ursula

That said, another melee cavalry in your team would also better balance things, especially one that can counter at any range.

I like the balance of having two melee, two tomes on the team. I hesitate because I think I got sucked into the hype of Camus being 'Blue Xander...only better!' yet now that he's out, he's not quite as dominant (darn good, just not as gamechanging as projected.)

That said, I still lean his direction because he'll probably make the biggest improvement to that team.

Anything look off with this setup? 

Xander: swap/bonfire/fury/vantage/hone

Cecelia: blade/drawback/draconic aura/deathblow2/g tomebreaker/fortify

Ursula: blade/drawback/moonbow/deathblow2/desperation/hone or goad

Camus: reposition/bonfire/fury/qr/fortify 

10 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

How would you recommend I build her? Because with a Fury/QR build, the +Atk/-Spd performs better than the +HP/-Def and I haven't seen other builds for her.

And now that I think of it, Tiki!A pulls off the Fury/QR build better anyway, so it would be interesting to build Tiki!Y a different way.

It really depends on team composition. My core team consists of Y!tiki and Nowi ( triangle adept + quick riposte on both) and Julia. It works for me and I have lot's of fun (and easy arena wins). For most teams, it might not be the best build tough.
The first step is to define what hole Tiki needs to fill. Mostly, she's a beefy unit that targets resistance.
Neutral speed Y!Tiki with a +1 Speed seals doubles neutral Julia even without Fury.
+Speed Julia usually runs Darting blow and is able to double and defeat -SPD/ Fury 3 /+1 speed seal Y!Tiki, unless Tiki runs GTomebreaker, but then she's unable to double +SPD Hector.
I would take, the +HP one because these 2(Hector and Julia) are key units you expect Tiki to be facing. Don't underestimate Hector. He hits hard and if you're not able to 1RKO him things can go really wrong.
I recommend the standard build:

Weapon: Lightning Breath+
A skill: Fury 3
B skill: Quick Riposte/ G Tomebreaker
C skill: Flexible.
Assist: Reposition/Swap

For A slot, Fury is pretty obvious. Protects you against some doubles and increases your bulk and killing potential.
For B slot, G tomebreaker if you hate Nino and Julia. Quick riposte gives "universal coverage" and almost always mean that if you survive, your enemy is dead. The reason to use Quick Riposte on Young Tiki is that she doesn't get doubled by everything but doesn't double either. QR fixes that.
Vantage seems nice in a 1/2 ranged unit but Tiki doesn't 1 shot anyone without running TA3, not a big deal on her.
For C slot is up to you. Breath of life is a cool skill but I find it too situational in a Melee Unit. Right now I'm using Spur attack as it helps the teammates to 1HKO some key threats but almost anything works in that slot. Remember that same type hones don't stack (2 Hone Attack for example).
For Special Attack, Moonbow/Bonfire. It depends on who you expect Tiki to be tanking, as sometimes Moonbow will be wasted in an already dead opponent.

If you still want to keep the +attack one, just run someone with Hone or Rally speed and you should be fine.

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

My Bridelia is -HP, and I think her merger gave her +1 to HP and Spd.

13 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

The order in which points are gained from merging is based on the Lv. 1 stats, not the Lv. 40 stats.

Thanks for the correction. That kinda sucks. A 1st merge will always be HP and one other stat then.

For Horse Emblem, is it generally better to run a full cavalry team, or three cavalry units plus a dancer? I'm assuming the latter is better for defense?

I use two different set-ups. 

Xander, Cecilia, Reinhardt, Camus

Xander, Cecilia, Ninian, Camus

My Xander runs Distant Defense, Quick Riposte, and Hone Cavalry as passives; Camus, meanwhile, is equipped with Fury, Vantage, and Goad Cavalry. Both are also using Swap and Bonfire, while Cecilia and Reinhardt have Draw Back and Moonbow.  

Edited by Zhu Qiao

I run mainly dancers. Two buff bots for Cecilia blade and Azura. Given Olwen and Titania are pretty good on their own. But basically if you run one blade use dancer if two, you need four cavalry instead for maximum deleting.

As for you team I would replace Camus with Rein. Especially as Camus doesn't feed blade.

edit: my recommendation goes offensive team. For def one Camus might be better.

Edited by Tenzen12

So I've been looking through my heroes to see what I could possibly do next when I noticed I had a +Att -Spd Frederick, which in my mind would work perfectly for giving him a Brave Axe.

When I went to the wiki though, Cherche was listed much higher than Frederick despite similar stats and similar builds (+Att Fred is the same as neutral Cherche is the biggest difference I could see), and I'm wondering, should I wait to get a good Cherche before I do something stupid with my only source of Brave Axe+ (Camilla)? And would it even be worth it when I already have a good enough Axe user in Hector? 

Keep in mind, I don't have the insane setups that other players have that involve the Hone Cavalry or Hone Fliers or any of that. I'm just a normal dude who wonders if he wants to use Frederick. He's chill, but so is Cherche.

Edited by Xenomata

6 hours ago, Zhu Qiao said:

For Horse Emblem, is it generally better to run a full cavalry team, or three cavalry units plus a dancer? I'm assuming the latter is better for defense?

I use two different set-ups. 

Xander, Cecilia, Reinhardt, Camus

Xander, Cecilia, Ninian, Camus

My Xander runs Distant Defense, Quick Riposte, and Hone Cavalry as passives; Camus, meanwhile, is equipped with Fury, Vantage, and Goad Cavalry. Both are also using Swap and Bonfire, while Cecilia and Reinhardt have Draw Back and Moonbow.  

The easiest time I've ever had in the arena was when I ran Xander(bonus unit), Reinhardt, Cecilia, and Azura. Your horses may quickly outpace your dancer, but if you do the deathball formation like I do, you can wipe out three units in a turn without problem. 

*Edit* And I realize now that I didn't actually answer your question.  With those set ups, I'd prefer Reinhardt over Ninian.  Since Xander and Camus are melee fighters, they're more likely to run too far away from Ninian to dance them.

Edited by Eridras

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

So I've been looking through my heroes to see what I could possibly do next when I noticed I had a +Att -Spd Frederick, which in my mind would work perfectly for giving him a Brave Axe.

When I went to the wiki though, Cherche was listed much higher than Frederick despite similar stats and similar builds (+Att Fred is the same as neutral Cherche is the biggest difference I could see), and I'm wondering, should I wait to get a good Cherche before I do something stupid with my only source of Brave Axe+ (Camilla)? And would it even be worth it when I already have a good enough Axe user in Hector? 

Keep in mind, I don't have the insane setups that other players have that involve the Hone Cavalry or Hone Fliers or any of that. I'm just a normal dude who wonders if he wants to use Frederick. He's chill, but so is Cherche.

As far as characters go, I prefer Cherche to Frederick, but that doesn't really help you play the game.  From what I've heard +ATK -SPD is pretty good for Frederick. His SPD kind of tanks anyway, and he's got some very nice DEF. And his stats aren't THAT different from Cherche's. They even run the same weapons. XD The biggest difference is their mobility and weaknesses.

At 5 stars, +ATK -SPD Frederick will be running 43/46/17/33/36/14 with Brave Axe+ equipped. Cherche's ideal nature is +ATK -RES. She'll be running 46/49/20/32/12 at the same rarity and weapon. They have the same SPD, so if she's running -SPD instead, she'll beat Frederick out in RES.

In the calculator, I plugged in both characters with Brave Axe+ and Deathblow 3 (common builds for them).
+ATK -RES Cherche gets 94 wins and 18 losses against neutral vanilla units. (+ATK -SPD gets 94 wins and 21 losses).

+ATK -SPD Frederick gets 81 wins and 16 losses. (+ATK -RES gets 81 wins and 21 losses.)

So Cherche is superior there. I know you said you don't have buffs for Horse Emblem or Flier Emblem, but I suppose you have this to consider as well. A lot of Horse Emblem buffs are free (Gunter, Jagen, and Camus). So far the only free Flier Emblem buff comes from Palla if you were around for the pegasus sister quests. Flier Emblem buffs as a whole seem to be a bit more rare. So Frederick could end up being more important IF you decided to build a Horse Emblem team. But I think there are other units that really outclass him as far as a cav team goes.

tl;dr: If you love Frederick as a character, go ahead and give him Brave Axe+. +ATK Cherche beats out +ATK Frederick, so if you want a unit that uses the build better, go for Cherche. It's easier to build a cav team than a flier team.

Hopefully this helped!

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

As far as characters go, I prefer Cherche to Frederick, but that doesn't really help you play the game.  From what I've heard +ATK -SPD is pretty good for Frederick. His SPD kind of tanks anyway, and he's got some very nice DEF. And his stats aren't THAT different from Cherche's. They even run the same weapons. XD The biggest difference is their mobility and weaknesses.

At 5 stars, +ATK -SPD Frederick will be running 43/46/17/33/36/14 with Brave Axe+ equipped. Cherche's ideal nature is +ATK -RES. She'll be running 46/49/20/32/12 at the same rarity and weapon. They have the same SPD, so if she's running -SPD instead, she'll beat Frederick out in RES.

In the calculator, I plugged in both characters with Brave Axe+ and Deathblow 3 (common builds for them).
+ATK -RES Cherche gets 94 wins and 18 losses against neutral vanilla units. (+ATK -SPD gets 94 wins and 21 losses).

+ATK -SPD Frederick gets 81 wins and 16 losses. (+ATK -RES gets 81 wins and 21 losses.)

So Cherche is superior there. I know you said you don't have buffs for Horse Emblem or Flier Emblem, but I suppose you have this to consider as well. A lot of Horse Emblem buffs are free (Gunter, Jagen, and Camus). So far the only free Flier Emblem buff comes from Palla if you were around for the pegasus sister quests. Flier Emblem buffs as a whole seem to be a bit more rare. So Frederick could end up being more important IF you decided to build a Horse Emblem team. But I think there are other units that really outclass him as far as a cav team goes.

tl;dr: If you love Frederick as a character, go ahead and give him Brave Axe+. +ATK Cherche beats out +ATK Frederick, so if you want a unit that uses the build better, go for Cherche. It's easier to build a cav team than a flier team.

Hopefully this helped!

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Hopefully this helped!

It did, thanks!

At the very least I know now I can fall back on Frederick if I can't get a good Cherche to come out, which always helps to know.

,,,Freddys a funny character in Awakening, but Cherche is as well.

18 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It did, thanks!

At the very least I know now I can fall back on Frederick if I can't get a good Cherche to come out, which always helps to know.

,,,Freddys a funny character in Awakening, but Cherche is as well.

Yeah. You never know if you'll get the character you want with the nature you want. Sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes you don't. I'd kind of like to have a better Frederick, but all of mine have been -ATK, so I'd much rather stick with my +ATK Cherche or Titania. There's nothing wrong with waiting to see if you'll get lucky. Cherche may be the better choice, but that doesn't make Frederick a bad choice.

Can someone convince me that this isn't a good idea (assume I have all natures available)?

+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def]

Lightning Breath+
Reciprocal Aid
[doesn't matter, so either Moonbow or Aether]
Triangle Adept 3
Quick Riposte 3
Fortify Dragons
[S Speed +1]

Intended to be run with Ninian and/or Nowi for Fortify Dragons. She takes flat zero damage from any blue tome not named Blarblade+. Blue tomes need 67 Atk to deal 1 damage, meaning +10 Linde [+Spd] (Blarblade+, Life and Death 3) needs +11 Atk to deal 1 damage. +10 Ephraim [+Atk] (Fury 3) hits for a mere 5 damage. Lightning Breath+ and Quick Riposte 3 guarantee that she'll one-round kill any blue on the counterattack that isn't running Wary Fighter (and +Spd) or Watersweep (and no one runs Watersweep).

She can somehow tank +10 Julia [+Atk] (Fury 3) with 2 HP remaining and avoids being double attacked by +10 Julia [+Spd] (Fury 3) with the Speed +1 seal, not like I'd ever want to have her tank that outside of an emergency, though. Klein fails to kill her and dies to the counterattack. Cordelia does, too, if running Death Blow instead of Life and Death (because enough people do that for some reason).

Her match-ups against greens aren't as great as Nowi's against blues, but Fae can at least one-round kill +10 Hector (that isn't +HP or +Res) on the counterattack. And she survives unboosted Nino and Spring Camilla, if only barely. But that's why I have Tharja, Celica, and Sophia.

-Def does cost her a few wins against greens, namely +Atk Camilla and +Atk Minerva (but any Minerva with a 3-charge special kills Fae regardless), whereas -Res only really loses her her draw against +Atk Julia.

Can someone convince me that this isn't a good idea (assume I have all natures available)?

+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def]

Lightning Breath+
Reciprocal Aid
[doesn't matter, so either Moonbow or Aether]
Triangle Adept 3
Quick Riposte 3
Fortify Dragons
[S Speed +1]

Intended to be run with Ninian and/or Nowi for Fortify Dragons. She takes flat zero damage from any blue tome not named Blarblade+. Blue tomes need 67 Atk to deal 1 damage, meaning +10 Linde [+Spd] (Blarblade+, Life and Death 3) needs +11 Atk to deal 1 damage. +10 Ephraim [+Atk] (Fury 3) hits for a mere 5 damage. Lightning Breath+ and Quick Riposte 3 guarantee that she'll one-round kill any blue on the counterattack that isn't running Wary Fighter (and +Spd) or Watersweep (and no one runs Watersweep).

She can somehow tank +10 Julia [+Atk] (Fury 3) with 2 HP remaining and avoids being double attacked by +10 Julia [+Spd] (Fury 3) with the Speed +1 seal, not like I'd ever want to have her tank that outside of an emergency, though. Klein fails to kill her and dies to the counterattack. Cordelia does, too, if running Death Blow instead of Life and Death (because enough people do that for some reason).

Her match-ups against greens aren't as great as Nowi's against blues, but Fae can at least one-round kill +10 Hector (that isn't +HP or +Res) on the counterattack. And she survives unboosted Nino and Spring Camilla, if only barely. But that's why I have Tharja, Celica, and Sophia.

-Def does cost her a few wins against greens, namely +Atk Camilla and +Atk Minerva (but any Minerva with a 3-charge special kills Fae regardless), whereas -Res only really loses her her draw against +Atk Julia.

Have a question, I have 20k feathers, I was convinced to promote Camus, but then I saw some tier lists, the thing is Camus is S without inheritance, but then in the inheritance tier list Camus is A+ while Xander is S

So my question: wich I should promote Xander or Camus?

The other option, is promote Cordelia, that I have like five 4* and I am sure some will have the perfect IVs, but Idk, I wanted to try to make a calvary team instead of flyer team.

23 minutes ago, Desidelia said:

Have a question, I have 20k feathers, I was convinced to promote Camus, but then I saw some tier lists, the thing is Camus is S without inheritance, but then in the inheritance tier list Camus is A+ while Xander is S

So my question: wich I should promote Xander or Camus?

The other option, is promote Cordelia, that I have like five 4* and I am sure some will have the perfect IVs, but Idk, I wanted to try to make a calvary team instead of flyer team.

Both Camus and Xander are great units, especially on cavalry teams. The main reason Camus is placed lower then Xander is that Xander is a bit more specialized in his stats, sacrificing a lot of speed for more defence and hp compared to Camus, making him a better fit for a fury/QR/Ignis set (since Xander almost always get doubled, his special will charge faster). However, Camus can still take psysical hits pretty well, and with cavalry buffs, he gains the speed to actually double enemies, something Xander can only dream about. Where Xander needs QR to double attack, Camus can double most units without the skill (assuming he get a hone cav buff and perhaps a goad), meaning he can use vantage as his b-skill.

In the end, I'd prefer Camus on a cavalry team and Xander outside a cavalry team (well, only if I leave favouritism aside), but that's only when looking at the two in a vacuum. If your other cavalry units are mostly blue units (like Reinhardt and Ursula), Xander would be a better fit to deal with green units. Also, if you're planning to use this team in the arena, it is important to note that Camus will soon become a bonus unit, while Xander has already had his turn. So if you don't have Anna as a 5*, promoting Camus is a good way to ensure you have a bonus unit at 5*.

Finally, if you haven't decided the other members of a cavalry team yet, I should note that Camus and Xander can easily fit on the same cavalry team, so you could just promote Camus now to have a bonus unit, and promote Xander when you have another 20k feathers.

As an aside, always take tier lists with a grain if salt. The wiki list for instance doesn't take cavalry buffs into consideration (I think they are starting to state where they would rank certain characters with those buffs in the discriptions though) and Camus only has a tentative rating because they haven't tested him a lot yet.

I'm running a horse emblem team at the moment with Olwen, Xander, Eliwood (all 5*) and Cecilia 4* if I 5 star Camus is he better than Eliwood? I have so far put all my SI investment in Xander and Olwen so he and Cecilia are pretty much base kits. Cecilia has Gronnblade and Eliwood - Draconic Aura and Reciprocal Aid

28 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

I'm running a horse emblem team at the moment with Olwen, Xander, Eliwood (all 5*) and Cecilia 4* if I 5 star Camus is he better than Eliwood? I have so far put all my SI investment in Xander and Olwen so he and Cecilia are pretty much base kits. Cecilia has Gronnblade and Eliwood - Draconic Aura and Reciprocal Aid

I'd say having a second blue unit, and one with a distant counter at that, beats out a second melee red when you're already running Xander.