"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

So why does Fury seem to be on such demand? I know +3 in everything is amazing, but the drawback of 6 HP per battle pretty much warrants a constant healer, right?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

So why does Fury seem to be on such demand? I know +3 in everything is amazing, but the drawback of 6 HP per battle pretty much warrants a constant healer, right?

If the average unit was not either 'nuking everything before the opponent gets the chance to attack' or 'only attacking one of the opponent's units', you may have a point. Fury users have been noticing this, to some degree, in Tempest, but in the lone-match Arena, the stats outweigh that portion of HP.

In addition, Desperation and Vantage users like Fury to knock their HP down to use their skills.

9 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Don’t forget it also lets you mitigate at least 3 combat damage thanks to +Def/+Res (or 6 if doubled).

56 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Since 4v4 battles tend to be very fast paced, a lot of units don't have to tank more then two rounds of combat. Because of this, fury actually helps them tank hits, since they take 3 less damage per hit. It also helps kill enemies faster and makes your units harder to double.

Of course, in tempest trials, you're right about them needing a healer if they are not ranged/desperation nukes, but in arena and most story maps, it's a very good skill.

10 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

That depends on what set you want to run on him, but looking at his stats I would say +Atk, -Res would be the best boon/bane. 

Also, you didn't ask, but just in case you wanted skill inheritance advice: I personally think Hinata is best run as a red Oboro, utilizing his tanky stats to bait and kill on enemy phase. For this set, I would ditch Ruby Sword and give him Killing Edge+, Quick Riposte, and Bonfire, which would allow him to take advantage of his natural bulk and get off a burst of damage with Bonfire every round of combat. Assist and C-slot are flexible and dependent on player preference, as is the case with most characters, but I personally like a positioning skill (like Reposition) and a Hone/Fortify aura for your team.

Obviously, if you have a different set in mind already that you'd rather build, just ignore this. 

@Thor Odinson

Wo Dao+ and Moonbow hits harder than Killing Edge+ and Bonfire.

Wo Dao+ on its own deals 14 more damage (2 damage on the first hit, 2+10 damage on the second hit) than Killing Edge+. Bonfire on neutral Def Hinata deals 18 damage, meaning Wo Dao+ and Moonbow deals more damage if the opponent has at least 14 Def, which is almost everyone in the game.

Good to know, though WD+ is a lot less accessible than KE+, given that KE can be rolled on a 3* while WD is currently 5* locked and at best going to be on a 4*, so I might just go with the KE build anyway since I don't foresee getting more than 1 Wo Dao+s in my future and Navarre has dibs on it first.

But if I ever roll extra Wo Daos I could certainly do that.

So in my last batch of pulls I pulled out a +Spd -Res 4* Nino, which is pretty neat. My current Nino, who is 5*, is +Att -Def.

What I'm wondering, would it be worth it to 5* the +Spd Nino and merge my +Att Nino into her? I understand that a faster Nino is... well, a nuke, but I've been getting very great results from my current Nino, and outspeeding things hasn't been that big an issue except in Tempest Trials. On the other hand, the merged Nino will be slightly faster and bulkier, letting her take more hits that she would not have otherwise survived. I'm currently also not sure what else I would want to spend feathers on, though I did pull a +Att -Res Cordelia...

Just for the curious, my Nino runs Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone Attack 3, Speed 1 seal, and Moonbow.

Banner conflict... about to come into nearly 60 orbs...

Vantage Banner

Reasoning: My +ATK B!Cordelia really wants Gordin's Brave Bow+... she gets that and I *5 Hana for LnD3 and I officially have my first real death dealer. Reinhardt is also a thing as all of my other blue mages are -ATK, this banner alone would shift my game by giving me one or both of the best ranged units in the entire game.

Drawback: I don't actually need Vantage, plus Lon'Qu as a *5 is worthless for me. Masked Marth invalidates him. I gain literally nothing if I pull him but not pulling red ruins chances of things like *4 Roy, Selena, etc things I need.

New Mystery Banner

Reasoning: I really want Athena, she looks amazing and I'm still lacking a *5 Sword Infantry with an actual skillset. On top of that I lack any sort of red mage so even Katarina is a win, plus these characters will be on the next arena season and potentially they could curveball us and make them the next Tempest Trial bonus characters.

Drawback: Luke... he just ruins the whole deal. I don't want nor need another *5 sword cavalry. Especially a Brave Sword+ one. Plus I don't care about Roderick and Reinhardt as a blue is 100 times better to pull as a blue unit.

One banner could potentially help my red sword/mage game in a major way which is sorely lacking, plus Arena+Possible TT being made much easier. But the other could potentially up my game as a whole in the long run. BB+ means I don't have to spend 20k on Klein/Gordin and Reinhardt invalidates any further investment into other blue tomes. I'm literally set until the meta changes with the two best ranged units. 

What's the better choice here? I really want Athena... I mean... I really want Athena

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Banner conflict... about to come into nearly 60 orbs...

Vantage Banner

Reasoning: My +ATK B!Cordelia really wants Gordin's Brave Bow+... she gets that and I *5 Hana for LnD3 and I officially have my first real death dealer. Reinhardt is also a thing as all of my other blue mages are -ATK, this banner alone would shift my game by giving me one or both of the best ranged units in the entire game.

Drawback: I don't actually need Vantage, plus Lon'Qu as a *5 is worthless for me. Masked Marth invalidates him. I gain literally nothing if I pull him but not pulling red ruins chances of things like *4 Roy, Selena, etc things I need.

New Mystery Banner

Reasoning: I really want Athena, she looks amazing and I'm still lacking a *5 Sword Infantry with an actual skillset. On top of that I lack any sort of red mage so even Katarina is a win, plus these characters will be on the next arena season and potentially they could curveball us and make them the next Tempest Trial bonus characters.

Drawback: Luke... he just ruins the whole deal. I don't want nor need another *5 sword cavalry. Especially a Brave Sword+ one. Plus I don't care about Roderick and Reinhardt as a blue is 100 times better to pull as a blue unit.

One banner could potentially help my red sword/mage game in a major way which is sorely lacking, plus Arena+Possible TT being made much easier. But the other could potentially up my game as a whole in the long run. BB+ means I don't have to spend 20k on Klein/Gordin and Reinhardt invalidates any further investment into other blue tomes. I'm literally set until the meta changes with the two best ranged units. 

What's the better choice here? I really want Athena... I mean... I really want Athena

Because the New Mystery Banner is 3 reds, red orbs have a great (~10%) chance of being a 5* when you pull, so focusing reds is pretty good for upping your 5* count.

The Vantage banner is better if all you want to do is +10 your Rein or something (because, while the 5* chance is lower, the chance of pulling the focus unit you want is higher), but, assuming you're not a whale, New Mystery is probably the better 'bang' for your buck.

Of course, in that regard, the bride banner is also pretty good at 2 colorless 2 blue---and B.Cordelia, of course, is simply ridiculous as a unit.

Personally I'd pull the New Mystery Banner, because any 5* I don't have to 20k feathers for is a unit I can use for cheap. Some 3* level 2 skills, maybe a weapon swap---not +, just the normal version---and they're good enough to run in tempest. More units = more variety = more niches you can fill on demand. It helps that red is probably the best color for inheritance fodder---Vantage from lon'qu, Fury from Hinata, reposition from Selena, etc. etc.

11 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Because the New Mystery Banner is 3 reds, red orbs have a great (~10%) chance of being a 5* when you pull, so focusing reds is pretty good for upping your 5* count.

The Vantage banner is better if all you want to do is +10 your Rein or something (because, while the 5* chance is lower, the chance of pulling the focus unit you want is higher), but, assuming you're not a whale, New Mystery is probably the better 'bang' for your buck.

Of course, in that regard, the bride banner is also pretty good at 2 colorless 2 blue---and B.Cordelia, of course, is simply ridiculous as a unit.

Personally I'd pull the New Mystery Banner, because any 5* I don't have to 20k feathers for is a unit I can use for cheap. Some 3* level 2 skills, maybe a weapon swap---not +, just the normal version---and they're good enough to run in tempest. More units = more variety = more niches you can fill on demand. It helps that red is probably the best color for inheritance fodder---Vantage from lon'qu, Fury from Hinata, reposition from Selena, etc. etc.

I'm F2P. I don't have the money to spend on orbs. Maybe in the future.

I got B!Cordelia twice while pulling for B!Lyn. I really wanted her but at 16 orbs with potential to get 3 more I'm not going to risk losing my orbs pulling for someone that I never ended up getting. It kills me to let her go but I won't be getting Bride Lyn. I also was made aware that Luke's tools are pretty great. The banner is nothing but a win and the Vantage banner will be around all month so maybe I'll still get the chance.

Alright. My orbs will be exploding tomorrow in hopes of an Athena, the rest is a bonus.

For those of you who use Spring Camilla, which is the better tome, -Raven or -Blade?  Raven with TA3 means I have an blue/arrow tank, but -Blade means I have a OHKO machine.  She's got a neutral boon/bane set.

I have the necessary pieces to build a Flier Emblem team, but I think how it comes together will depend on which tome Spring Camilla gets.  

1 hour ago, Eridras said:

For those of you who use Spring Camilla, which is the better tome, -Raven or -Blade?  Raven with TA3 means I have an blue/arrow tank, but -Blade means I have a OHKO machine.  She's got a neutral boon/bane set.

I have the necessary pieces to build a Flier Emblem team, but I think how it comes together will depend on which tome Spring Camilla gets.  

Whichever play style suits you more.

Gronnblade means archers are too dead to deal damage. Gronnraven means archers do no damage.

On 4/1/2017 at 1:50 PM, eclipse said:

You have a set amount of space for uploads.  After that, no more.  Use an external image hosting site to get around this.

Can externally hosted images still show up within a post (as opposed to a link)?

Can you recommend a good, free, image-hosting site?

1 minute ago, Sleypnyr said:

I've been running a Horse Emblem comp for the tempest trials and need a healer. The only cavalry healers I have are Priscilla and Clarine which is better and what should a build be I run?

Whichever one's higher rarity. Alternatively, whichever one's art you like. If you're completely ambivalent, Clarine has the slightly better spread.

Clarine is slightly more survivable thanks to higher speed and similar bulk, and her worse Atk stat doesn't really matter. However, healers all perform similarly enough that it doesn't really matter. Priscilla has the advantage of having the better staff, Rehabilitate >>> Matyr in most cases, unless Clarine's doing a lot of mage baiting. That said, staves are easy enough to inherit that it's not much trouble to give Clarine Rehabilitate anyway.

I just pulled my second Bridal Lyn trying to get Bridal Cordelia.

Bridal Lyn #1 is +Res -Def and Bridal Lyn #2 is +Spd -Atk. Which one should I keep? I'm thinking #2, however that means I'll have to train her all the way up to level 40 to continue using her in Tempest Trials...

23 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Whichever one's higher rarity. Alternatively, whichever one's art you like. If you're completely ambivalent, Clarine has the slightly better spread.

Clarine is slightly more survivable thanks to higher speed and similar bulk, and her worse Atk stat doesn't really matter. However, healers all perform similarly enough that it doesn't really matter. Priscilla has the advantage of having the better staff, Rehabilitate >>> Matyr in most cases, unless Clarine's doing a lot of mage baiting. That said, staves are easy enough to inherit that it's not much trouble to give Clarine Rehabilitate anyway.

Would it be better to just not run a cavalry healer?

1 minute ago, Sleypnyr said:

Would it be better to just not run a cavalry healer?

If you're running an optimal cavalry team, you shouldn't need a healer since your main attackers are Reinhardt (or if you don't have him then another Brave unit like Abel or Brave Lance Peri), who shouldn't be taking damage and Gronnblade Cecilia (or Blárblade Ursula or Olwen), who should have Desperation and thus not want to be healed. 

I've run Lunatic Tempest multiple times with a horse team of Camus, Cecilia, Reinhardt, and Xander, and I can confirm that a healer is entirely unnecessary for a deathless (or at least single-team if not completely deathless) run. 

47 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Can externally hosted images still show up within a post (as opposed to a link)?

Can you recommend a good, free, image-hosting site?

Imgur

Also if you post images from imgur, I would copy/paste the BBCode of the image you want to post instead of copy/pasting the image address. It gives you a higher quality picture, like so:

hZGm9Co.jpg

Edited by MaskedAmpharos