"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

Would it be better to just not run a cavalry healer?

Cav healers can carry cav buffs, as well have having better mobility. If you want a healer at all in a cav team, run a cav healer. (In fact, I'd probably run a cavalry healer even in an infantry team, mobility matters---and it's not like cav healers can't carry generic buffs.)

Whether you need a healer at all depends on your playstyle---I personally don't because I run a very offensive lineup, who can't take hits anyway, but counter-kill builds want some form of sustain, and healers are probably the easiest option. (Renewal, ardent, breath of life etc. are also options, but they all take skill slots in exchange for not taking a unit slot.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

What is this "horse emblem" team I keep seeing people mention?

A team of four cavalry units that self-sustain one another using some combination of the Hone, Fortify, Goad and Ward Cavalry skills to slaughter the enemy. When you consider the good cavalry Reinhardt, Cecilia, Ursula, Xander and Camus (so I am told), this can turn most defence teams into mulch.

Another factor in this is that, even in a meta where this is kinda common, the game's only anti-cavalry weapons still stink.

5 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

What is this "horse emblem" team I keep seeing people mention?

As it sounds, it's a team composed of entirely cavalry units. 

The reason it's so popular is because cavalry units (and also flying units and armored units) get unique buffs that are more powerful than regular Hone/Fortify skills (for example, Hone Attack is Atk +4 but Hone Cavalry is Atk +6 and Spd +6 with one buff) but can only be used with other cavalry units. These buffs allow for units to become incredibly potent. 

Reinhardt, for example, can OHKO every red, blue, and colorless unit in the game (as well as more than half of all greens too) with a Hone Cavalry buff. Also, units with blade tomes (such as Nino and Tharja) are incredibly potent because all buffs they receive are converted directly to damage, giving them incredible damage potential. This is exacerbated on cavalry teams because you can give +6 to all stats for a whopping +30 damage if a cavalry unit inherits a blade tome (such as Cecilia inheriting Nino's Gronnblade tome), which gives them immense killing power, usually enough to OHKO almost the entire cast. 

This, along with their additional mobility compared to other units, has made cavalry-only teams (referred to as "horse emblem") a staple in higher tiers of competitive Arena. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

9 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

How can I make a +Atk -Spd Frederick work?

You can either go with an offensive Brave Axe + Death Blow build or you could go with a more defensive Killer Axe + Quick Riposte + Bonfire build. One is player phase focused, and the other is enemy phase focused. They're both solid builds for him (and +Atk, -Spd is actually his second most ideal nature behind +Atk, -Res), so just pick based on personal playstyle preference (and fodder availability, I suppose)

I was trying to pull a 5 Star Reinhardt from the Vantage summon but managed to graba  5 star Lon'qu is he even worth keeping? Otherwise, I was thinking of burning him to my Xander to give him Vantage or I guess whoever. I have a couple Gordin's as well, so have a few Vantage 2's as well. Is there champion who are fine with Vantage 2 because they don't have the health pull? Maybe like Takumi?

18 hours ago, Eridras said:

For those of you who use Spring Camilla, which is the better tome, -Raven or -Blade?  Raven with TA3 means I have an blue/arrow tank, but -Blade means I have a OHKO machine.  She's got a neutral boon/bane set.

I have the necessary pieces to build a Flier Emblem team, but I think how it comes together will depend on which tome Spring Camilla gets.  

On a pure flier team, -blade.  For everything else, -raven.  I run TA -raven+ on a +Def Camilla, and arrows do single-digit damage to her (the record is 14 damage off of a buffed Takumi).

3 hours ago, Sleypnyr said:

I was trying to pull a 5 Star Reinhardt from the Vantage summon but managed to graba  5 star Lon'qu is he even worth keeping? Otherwise, I was thinking of burning him to my Xander to give him Vantage or I guess whoever. I have a couple Gordin's as well, so have a few Vantage 2's as well. Is there champion who are fine with Vantage 2 because they don't have the health pull? Maybe like Takumi?

Lon'qu lives or dies by his boon/bane combo.  +Atk puts him at a not-awful 32 base Atk, and if his bane is anything but Speed, he does wonders with Swift Sparrow.  He really wants Desperation over Vantage, though.  -Atk means that you'll want to give him a Ruby Sword+ and have him be a dedicated green killer (which he may very well screw up anyway).  A neutral nature is workable, albeit not ideal.

I'm perfectly happy with Vantage 2, especially on people with a Defiant skill.

EDIT: Life and Death 3 and a Speed seal net a surprising amount of wins, too.  Yes, it's similar to Hana's bulid, with the huge difference being that Hana can take out Lucina.

Edited by eclipse

Anybody got some general advice for builds for a 5* Jeorge? I don't have his IVs since I started training him before I cared enough to look them up and he's not level 40 yet, so I'm just looking for a general idea.

1 minute ago, Orange Juice said:

Anybody got some general advice for builds for a 5* Jeorge? I don't have his IVs since I started training him before I cared enough to look them up and he's not level 40 yet, so I'm just looking for a general idea.

- He really wants a better proc, since a 5-turn CD is really long.  Moonbow/Dragonic Aura are best, since his defensive stats are meh.
- His assist is pretty flexible
- A/B skills are somewhat dependent on his boon/bane and your team. For example, he can work as an anti-weapon unit with the appropriate -breaker.  Life and Death/Swift Sparrow/Fury are options, if he's +Atk or +Spd.
- C skills are almost always "what does my team need?"

22 minutes ago, Orange Juice said:

Hands down his deadliest set (assuming resources are not an issue) is Brave Bow + Life and Death + Luna

I would also consider either Swordbreaker (or Lancebreaker if your team has no issues taking down swords) or Desperation for his B slot

Assist and C-slots are flexible are largely dependent on personal preference and team composition, rather than the individual unit itself. I generally advise a movement assist (such as Reposition) and a team aura (like a Hone, Fortify, or Spur skill) for the C-slot. 

Currently working on this, 30 Points missing to max the C-Slot.

Not Sure if I should equip Live to Serve on the B Slot or the Non-Counter Staff Passiv he has currently equiped. (Sry names are in German :/)

Weapon: Candlelight
Special: Imbue
Assist: Rehabilitate
Passiv A: Fortress Defense 3
Passiv B: Dazzling Staff 3
Passiv C: Panic Ploy 2 (working on 2)

I have different options for the weapon, but i am not sure if to go with Live To Serve 2 or Dazzling Staff 3 on the B Slot ¬.¬. Azama is quite bulky

Azama.PNG

Started working on a Felicia that I saw from someone Else with

Distant Def 3
Windsweep 3
and Atk Ploy 3

with smoke dagger +

at least thats what I have in mind

On the other hand i might as well wait on the Clarisse GHB with her Aoe Debuff Claresse's bow and give here Windsweep 3 and Distand Def 3? I am not sure ._.

Edited by Hilda

11 minutes ago, Eridras said:

Another question now: since I pulled a 5*Eirika today, would her in full buffbot build suffice for a Gronnblade Spring Camilla?  

Triangle Adept Ephraim would probably be a better partner for Spring Camilla to check reds. Are you running flier emblem?

3 minutes ago, Eridras said:

@Ice Dragon and @eclipse, thank you for the replies.  Another question now: since I pulled a 5*Eirika today, would her in full buffbot build suffice for a Gronnblade Spring Camilla?  

While it's certainly not bad, it's not exactly spectacular, either, since Nino pulls it off better with Eirika as a buffer due to her higher base offensive stats.

Eirika's full standard buffs are +3/4/4/2 (Sieglinde, Rally Def, Hone Spd 3, S Fortify Def 1) or +3/4/3/3 (Sieglinde, Rally Def/Res, Hone Spd 3), which results in an effective +16/4 to offenses.

A single Hone Fliers buff is +6/6/0/0, which results in an effective +18/6 to offenses without costing you another unit's turn.

33 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Triangle Adept Ephraim would probably be a better partner for Spring Camilla to check reds. Are you running flier emblem?

Alas, no Ephraim though I plan on gunning for him if he ever becomes a focus unit again. I'm not currently running Flier Emblem, though I have the pieces for it. I'd mostly need another 20000 feathers and some lucky SI pulls. 

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

While it's certainly not bad, it's not exactly spectacular, either, since Nino pulls it off better with Eirika as a buffer due to her higher base offensive stats.

Eirika's full standard buffs are +3/4/4/2 (Sieglinde, Rally Def, Hone Spd 3, S Fortify Def 1) or +3/4/3/3 (Sieglinde, Rally Def/Res, Hone Spd 3), which results in an effective +16/4 to offenses.

A single Hone Fliers buff is +6/6/0/0, which results in an effective +18/6 to offenses without costing you another unit's turn.

Yeah, I looked at the Nino and Spring Camilla on my friends list and saw how it wouldn't work quite as well. I forgot the large speed difference the two of them have. 

Thanks to you both for the responses!

I don't understand Masked Marth...

She doesn't come with skills? Is there something good about her that I'm missing, because wouldn't a character you have to sacrifice other characters to get  ANY skill whatsoever make her not worth using?

Just now, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

She doesn't come with skills? Is there something good about her that I'm missing, because wouldn't a character you have to sacrifice other characters to get  ANY skill whatsoever make her not worth using?

Her stats are the same as a Lucina without any stat variation, but it's not as big of an issue as it sounds.

Lucina generally wants to retool her entire kit if you're planning on using her for arena--Swordbreaker, Fury, Life and Death, Draconic Aura, Reposition, Rallies, and Reciprocal Aid, just to name a few.

The one skill she probably wants to keep is Spur Atk, so overall "Marth" only costs about 175 more SP to fully kit.

1 minute ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

How so? She still has the same great base stats as Lucina, and in a usual Lucina build you'd usually inherit all her skills anyway except maybe Luna.

The only downsides to Masked Lucina is she's stuck being neutral and she can't be merged past +1 (which shouldn't matter much to most non-whales anyway).

6 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

She has the same base stats of neutral Lucina and Falchion, which already makes her potentially one of the best red units in the game. 

Coming with no skills is hardly an issue at all since a good chunk of units replace most of their base kit for their optimal skill sets anyways. Masked "Marth" is almost exactly as expensive to build as a regular Lucina since regular Lucina would want Fury/Life and Death for her A-slot (which she doesn't come with and would have to inherit), Swordbreaker/Desperation/Renewal for her B-slot (which she doesn't come with and would have to inherit), and some assist still (which she doesn't come with and would have to inherit). If you use Lucina instead of Masked Marth you save SP and fodder for...what? Luna? Big whoop. 

"Marth" having no starting skills honestly barely makes her any different at all from most other units. It only looks more discouraging and expensive to build her when it really isn't actually. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

20 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

"Marth" having no starting skills honestly barely makes her any different at all from most other units. It only looks more discouraging and expensive to build her when it really isn't actually. 

I guess that is what it is, and considering that I don't even have Lucina, it would make worth using.

Also, I'm sorry if my question was dumb. I am nowhere near as knowledgeable of this game as others are. And I hope my question didn't come across as me accusing that she was bad, it was just a genuine question because I didn't know

18 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I guess that is what it is, and considering that I don't even have Lucina, it would make worth using.

Also, I'm sorry if my question was dumb. I am nowhere near as knowledgeable of this game as others are. And I hope my question didn't come across as me accusing that she was bad, it was just a genuine question because I didn't know

Oh, no, you're fine!

I should have also used a less belligerent tone to not give off the impression that I thought your question was dumb. I guess I've been annoyed about all the people complaining about her not coming with any skills, but you weren't complaining, just asking a genuine question.