"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

Ok, that's understandable. Then is it not 1:1 for def from attack. Like if he had a 40 attack power and I have 36 defense. Isn't that only 4 damage?

That's only 4 damage, but 4 damage 4 times plus a special skill activation is a lot of damage.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

So where does the Brave unit's Triangle Adept come into play?

0x4 must be doing a lot of damage in a single hit on the special proc. There is still something missing here.

+10 Hana [+Atk] (Brave Sword+, Triangle Adept x) has 54 Atk with Hone Atk 3 up. That's 33 effective Atk with Triangle Adept 3, 36 with Triangle Adept 2, and 38 with Triangle Adept 1.

Draconic Aura deals 16 damage. Dragon Fang deals 27 damage. Luna deals 18 damage (against 36 Def).

Best case scenario with a 3-cooldown special skill is 2×4+18 for a total of 26 damage. Best case scenario with a 4-cooldown special is 2×4+27 for 35 damage. That'll kill a -HP Reinhardt (34 HP).

+10 Hana [+Atk] (Brave Sword+, Dragon Fang, Triangle Adept 1, Quickened Pulse) seems like a really weird build, though (i.e. that's almost certainly not what's going on here).

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Is 99 the maximum amount of Dueling Crests you can have at a time?

Bruh how do you have so many crests that that's even a concern? .__.

I have like 3, and I'm constantly starved for crests.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Is 99 the maximum amount of Dueling Crests you can have at a time?

I'm not sure, but I'd assume it would be 999 since that's the limit for orbs

Why do you ask? lol

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

+10 Hana [+Atk] (Brave Sword+, Triangle Adept x) has 54 Atk with Hone Atk 3 up. That's 33 effective Atk with Triangle Adept 3, 36 with Triangle Adept 2, and 38 with Triangle Adept 1.

Draconic Aura deals 16 damage. Dragon Fang deals 27 damage. Luna deals 18 damage (against 36 Def).

Best case scenario with a 3-cooldown special skill is 2×4+18 for a total of 26 damage. Best case scenario with a 4-cooldown special is 2×4+27 for 35 damage. That'll kill a -HP Reinhardt (34 HP).

+10 Hana [+Atk] (Brave Sword+, Dragon Fang, Triangle Adept 1, Quickened Pulse) seems like a really weird build, though (i.e. that's almost certainly not what's going on here).

I can't remember exactly, I don't think a special proc'd. I believe it was Eldigan, this was in the Tempest Trials. It's my fault for not paying close enough attention, but when I did the math though it would be 4x4 but ended up being 4x12....so I missed something.  

10 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

I can't remember exactly, I don't think a special proc'd. I believe it was Eldigan, this was in the Tempest Trials. It's my fault for not paying close enough attention, but when I did the math though it would be 4x4 but ended up being 4x12....so I missed something.  

Ah, well, Tempest Trial units tend to have inflated stats, which throws all these calcs out the window. 

Although, for a red unit with Triangle Adept to do 4x12 damage to a blue unit with 36 def, they would need 60 attack, which is pretty ridiculous even for the inflated stats of Tempest. 

Also are you sure it was an Eldigan? With a Brave Sword and Triangle Adept? I'm fairly certain Tempest units don't replace units' vanilla weapons...

EDIT: Actually Lunatic Veronica has 57 attack, so 60 isn't that outlandish. But I'm still doubting the T-Adept BS Eldigan part...

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

26 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Why do you ask? lol

999 is actually the display limit, I'm fairly sure the game keeps track of numbers above the cap. (And by "I'm vaguely sure," I mean: "I read a reddit post on the topic once.")

37 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Why do you ask? lol

I have 96 Crests, and the Lunatic Arena quest has a reward of 8.

37 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Bruh how do you have so many crests that that's even a concern? .__.

I have like 3, and I'm constantly starved for crests.

I can almost always get a Deathless Streak without spending more than a Crest or two, and I like saving my consumables, if I ever need them in the future.  I was thinking the Arena quests were daily and not weekly at first, so I blew a few Crests to beat the Normal and Hard Arena quest lines.

I'm down to 52 Stamina Potions, after using some for the Tempest Trials and Reinhardt/Tharja grinding.  I need to get my stock back up.  I think I had like around 70.

10 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

999 is actually the display limit, I'm fairly sure the game keeps track of numbers above the cap. (And by "I'm vaguely sure," I mean: "I read a reddit post on the topic once.")

I guess I'll find out in the next few days.

I can almost always get a Deathless Streak without spending more than a Crest or two, and I like saving my consumables, if I ever need them in the future.  I was thinking the Arena quests were daily and not weekly at first, so I blew a few Crests to beat the Normal and Hard Arena quest lines.

I can too, but I often need to blow crests to fish for higher point teams in order to squeeze into Tier 20 with my team. Just doing a plain 'ol deathless run relies too much on RNG, and I often am not able to get the point values I need without blowing some crests. 

Hey guys.

What would the best build for Leo in a Horse Emblem?

I'm using him with Xander, Camus and Olwen/Cecilia.

Right now I have him with Blade (not + yet), Draw Back, Iceberg, T.Adept, Quick Riposte, Hone Cav.

I saw some builds using Fury, but dunno if it is good on him and what to use in his B slot, since Fury is not that great with QR.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I can too, but I often need to blow crests to fish for higher point teams in order to squeeze into Tier 20 with my team. Just doing a plain 'ol deathless run relies too much on RNG, and I often am not able to get the point values I need without blowing some crests. 

I probably could have fished for better scores to get into Tier 20, I just barely missed the cut, but that's not a viable long-term strategy, and I don't want to blow all my Crests just to get into Tier 20 and be knocked out the next week.

32 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Hey guys.

What would the best build for Leo in a Horse Emblem?

I'm using him with Xander, Camus and Olwen/Cecilia.

Right now I have him with Blade (not + yet), Draw Back, Iceberg, T.Adept, Quick Riposte, Hone Cav.

I saw some builds using Fury, but dunno if it is good on him and what to use in his B slot, since Fury is not that great with QR.

TA might help Leo take out Julia or Nino, but since you already have Xander, they can split the load there.  You might do better with LaD or even vanilla +Atk 3.  Making sure the other units on the team have both Hone and Fortify Cavalry is essential for Blades.

What Nature is your Leo?, with +Spd Nature, LaD3, and Hone Cavalry, that will put him at 36 Speed, enough to average/slow units, but not great.  If you have Goad Cavalry, that would be 40 Speed, which is a much better doubling tier.

I think Camus gets Goad, if I remember correctly.  Then, if you gave Xander Fortify Cavalry and Cecilia Hone Cavalry, that would give both your Blade units access to both Hone/Fort as well as Goad Cavalry.  It deprives Xander of the Fort buff, but that's the trade-off for running Goad on someone, which Leo would need to be able to really double anybody.

Edited by Rezzy

Just checked his IVs, he is -HP/+Res, sadly.

I have Xander and Leo/Cecilia with Hone, Camus and Olwen with Fortify and Camus also has Goad learned.

I could try some Breaker for B slot on Leo, maybe?

Also, who carries blue blade better? I have all the three mounted blue mages, but didnt' gave any of them Blarblade yet.

My Olwen is basic LaD/Desperation, Reinhardt is currently on training to 40, probably going DB+Lance Breaker, and I haven't done anything of note with Ursula yet. I don't even know if Blarblade is better than Dire Thunder for Rein/Olwen , maybe Ursula gets it so she can be a little different from the other two.

20 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I probably could have fished for better scores to get into Tier 20, I just barely missed the cut, but that's not a viable long-term strategy, and I don't want to blow all my Crests just to get into Tier 20 and be knocked out the next week.

I mean it sounds like you have plenty of crests to spare, so I don't see the problem ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Just checked his IVs, he is -HP/+Res, sadly.

I have Xander and Leo/Cecilia with Hone, Camus and Olwen with Fortify and Camus also has Goad learned.

I could try some Breaker for B slot on Leo, maybe?

Also, who carries blue blade better? I have all the three mounted blue mages, but didnt' gave any of them Blarblade yet.

My Olwen is basic LaD/Desperation, Reinhardt is currently on training to 40, probably going DB+Lance Breaker, and I haven't done anything of note with Ursula yet. I don't even know if Blarblade is better than Dire Thunder for Rein/Olwen , maybe Ursula gets it so she can be a little different from the other two.

You could still use Leo with the build above, he'll just only reach 37 speed max, 38 if you give him the Speed Seal, which can double some units, but not most, like 40 would.  I don't run Goad, and my Speed Seal Ursula reaches 39 speed with Hone alone, which seems to be enough in most cases.

Olwen and Ursula both run Blade well,  Olwen is a little faster, and Ursula is a little stronger.  I run Ursula, but it's really a matter of personal preference.  Since you've already invested in training Olwen, I'd say just stick with her.

Reinhardt is the worst choice for Blade, since he's never going to double anybody, without heavy investment.  He's Leo-level speed, but since Leo's the only Red mage, he's the only real option for RedBlade. 

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean it sounds like you have plenty of crests to spare, so I don't see the problem ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I fished every week, I'd quickly run out, though.  I've always been one to plan out long term strategy, and not go for things that will only benefit short-term.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If I fished every week, I'd quickly run out, though.  I've always been one to plan out long term strategy, and not go for things that will only benefit short-term.

You'd be fishing every other week since I doubt you can stay in 20 even with fishing (unless your team is significantly more merged than mine). 

And in any case, they don't do you much good just rotting away there collecting dust, right?

The whole reason you're given crests is to spend them. And if you're in danger of crossing 99, you clearly aren't spending them (or you barely are). 

24 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You'd be fishing every other week since I doubt you can stay in 20 even with fishing (unless your team is significantly more merged than mine). 

And in any case, they don't do you much good just rotting away there collecting dust, right?

The whole reason you're given crests is to spend them. And if you're in danger of crossing 99, you clearly aren't spending them (or you barely are). 

I wouldn't want to be in your boat where I'm down to 3 Crests and always skating by with no reserve, though.  If there's a time there are missions to complete or I want to try out new Arena teams, I want to be ready.

I wouldn't want to be in your boat where I'm down to 3 Crests and always skating by with no reserve, though.  If there's a time there are missions to complete or I want to try out new Arena teams, I want to be ready.

There's a very wide middle ground between "barely scraping by with 3 crests" and "hoarding over 90 crests" that I think is ideal.

Is it worth pulling on the Vantage banner for Reinhardt if I already have one (+Spd/-Def) and several blue 5*s that I've invested a decent amount into (Olwen, Linde, Camus)?  Linking a list of my units and their natures below, if that helps any.

https://pastebin.com/gGevPiDA

3 minutes ago, Refa said:

Is it worth pulling on the Vantage banner for Reinhardt if I already have one (+Spd/-Def) and several blue 5*s that I've invested a decent amount into (Olwen, Linde, Camus)?  Linking a list of my units and their natures below, if that helps any.

https://pastebin.com/gGevPiDA

Short answer: Nope

Long answer:

Spoiler

Depends whether or not you think you're comfortable enough to do things like that. Like do you think your unit pool is expanded enough to pull for a unit you already have? Personally, I think the only thing missing from your unit pool is a Ninian or an Azura XD you seem to be pretty set (also +Atk Nino ftw ;)

So I guess you could if you wanted to, but I would rather pull for fodder when there's a focus with colors in common with said fodder (like pulling for an Eirika on the new mystery banner)

Also, there's a chance you end up getting a -Atk +Spd Rein so watch out for getting completely scammed XD You can always merge though so it's not all a loss

Just make sure you do animal sacrifices HEH

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Short answer: Nope

Long answer:

Hide contents

Depends whether or not you think you're comfortable enough to do things like that. Like do you think your unit pool is expanded enough to pull for a unit you already have? Personally, I think the only thing missing from your unit pool is a Ninian or an Azura XD you seem to be pretty set (also +Atk Nino ftw ;)

So I guess you could if you wanted to, but I would rather pull for fodder when there's a focus with colors in common with said fodder (like pulling for an Eirika on the new mystery banner)

Also, there's a chance you end up getting a -Atk +Spd Rein so watch out for getting completely scammed XD You can always merge though so it's not all a loss

Just make sure you do animal sacrifices HEH

Man, I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want Ninian (her art is so good!).  Spent all of my orbs pulling for her both times she was available to no avail.  I'm 105% sure she's not actually in this game and is an elaborate hoax on me!

+Atk Nino is so good; she was my first 5* promote and she carried me hard through my earlier days.

I don't think I'm missing anything in particular, although I wouldn't mind a +Atk Reinhardt.  Hopefully a functionally neutral Reinhardt will do for the mean time.

Followup Question: Is it still worth it to pull on the New Mystery banner?  I got Katarina in like two pulls, so I just stopped haha.

OKAY WILL DO BOSS HOPEFULLY ANTS COUNT AS ANIMALS

Edited by Refa

I want to try to salvage a +Hp -Atk Hinoka and start a Flier Emblem team. The best I can think of is to turn her into a poor man's Subaki by feeding her...Subaki, so she'd have Sapphire Lance + and QR3 in addition to her Hone Fliers. A-slot can be Iote's Shield or Fury 3. With Fortify Fliers on her, she'd have comparable stats to Subaki. Does that sound worthwhile?  The cheaper alternative would be to keep the Brave Lance + and go with Triangle Adept. 

5 minutes ago, Refa said:

Followup Question: Is it still worth it to pull on the New Mystery banner?  I got Katarina in like two pulls, so I just stopped haha.

OKAY WILL DO BOSS HOPEFULLY ANTS COUNT AS ANIMALS

My stance on Banner pulling is to really just Pull if there's a unit you want and want at 5*.  I never pull new 5*s for fodder, since i think that's a waste of a 5*.  I just wait and hope they'll be 4* later.

So the answer is, do you want Althena, Luke, or Rody, and don't want to wait to see if they become 4*s?