"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Implying people have the patience to read all the way to the end of a line.

Edit: When you structure posts, make sure the most important thing is in the first two sentences of the first paragraph. And the things you want to be read should be at the beginning of paragraphs, bearing in mind that every paragraph barring the 1st, the 2nd, and the last tend to be skipped.

Double Edit: Forum posts aren't letters or books, most people don't take the trouble to read slowly and deliberately.

uhhhh, sure, but the main point of my post was about lucius and lachesis

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

We need a voiceover of somebody saying his name. Nowi says Alfonse’s and Sharena’s, Maria says Minerva’s and Michalis’, Michalis says his own, Camilla says Selena’s and Beruka’s, Xander says Peri’s and Laslow’s, and I can’t recall anybody else.

Wait... Nowi says Alfonse and Sharena's names? *goes to check* Yep, she sure does.

Mae says Boey's name in Heroes and probably in Echoes which is where Catria, Est, and Palla's names are said as well. I always thought Palla was pronounced like Paula not "pal-la". I bet Gumshoe would be good friends with Palla. Alm and Celica mention each other, Boey mentions Mae, Clair mentions Alm and Mathilda, and of course, Faye talks about Alm all the time.

Anyway, Spring Camilla says Corrin and Xander's name, Eirika says Ephraim's name if she dies in combat -- apparently it's pronounced like "ay-fraam" instead of "eff-fraam" --, Frederick says Chrom's name, Jakob talks about Corrin, Lachesis says Eldigan's name both as part of her poke quotes and if she dies in combat, Linde says her father's name. Reinhardt says Olwen's name, Soren mentions Ike, adult Tiki mentions Mar-Mar, and following Camilla and Xander saying their retainers' names, Elise, Hinoka, Leo, Ryoma, Sakura, and Takumi do that too while their retainers say their lord or lady's name e.g. Laslow saying Xander's name. Oh, and in case you didn't know how to pronounce legion, Legion is there for youses. :p

Anyway, those are the ones I distinctly remember hearing or seeing/checking on the quotes page, so, there's probably more. Seriously, it sometimes gets annoying hearing Jakob say Corrin this, Corrin that and Soren should just confess to Ike, but it's cute to hear Tiki say Mar-Mar. Miloah sounds so cool for some reason.

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Does 35 Spd double well.

28-32 speed is a decent 'defensive' speed range, anything higher tend to start being able to double decently, 35 is probably the lowest speed a unit can be while being called 'fast.' (This is because 32= goes to 35+).

It doubles okay, but it's usually better to keep Raven's brave axe because he keeps a good defensive speed tier while 'doubling' everyone and 4x hitting the slowest units. Speed and bulk are inversely related, meaning, if you have something like 35 speed edit: and 30+ atk, people you can't 4x hit tend to die in 2 hits, while people who you can't kill in 2 hits tend to die get 4x hit.

Edited by DehNutCase

Raven wasn't the only one in mind. Charlotte has 32 neutral Spd, which tops at 35 with Fury. Not a huge fan of running the lazy Brave+ setup to redeem slower-side units. If 35 is decently quick to double a lot of people, I'd rather run them on individually stronger weapons.

I'm sure questions about Reinhardt builds have been asked to death. I just haven't found a definitive answer on his special.

After reading other posts and sites, I've narrowed my choices down to:

- Luna or Draconic Aura (w/ attack seal)

- Moonbow or Dragon Fang (w/ quickened pulse seal)

I'm running a pretty standard Deathblow3/Lancebreaker3 build, he does not have an attack boon (Res+/Spd) and I plan to use him on and outside a cavalry team. 

What do you think is the best choice and why?

Edited by fatboyjam

5 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Raven wasn't the only one in mind. Charlotte has 32 neutral Spd, which tops at 35 with Fury. Not a huge fan of running the lazy Brave+ setup to redeem slower-side units. If 35 is decently quick to double a lot of people, I'd rather run them on individually stronger weapons.

35... isn't. As I've said, units in the 28-32 range are in a very good defensive speed tier. (And note that I'm referring to 'base' speed, as in, before skills and buffs.) 28 reaches 31 with Fury 3, which avoids the double from 35. 28 is pretty easy to reach even for 'slow' units like Ephraim, since he goes to 29 with a boon.

Note that 32 speed is perfectly fine to run a Brave+ with---the key is that, the higher your Atk is, the lower your speed needs to be to x4 hit the people you fail to 2HKO. Charlotte has 36, which is more than good enough to 2HKO most units. (If she has a boon and goes to 39, she's basically infantry Effie.)

So... currently I'm at an impass with Falcion users. I really want to raise a Chrom but my situation is a bit weird.

First of all, my Chrom is *4 but he's the really inconvenient combo of +SPD/-DEF.

What can you do with a +SPD/-DEF Chrom?

Second, this game apparently really, REALLY wants me to use Marth as so far I've been given FOUR Marths (All *4)

1. +SPD/-RES
  2. +RES/-DEF
  3. +DEF/-RES
  4. +DEF/-ATK

There's also *5 Masked Marth which could invalidate Chrom but I've already decided I'm going to for a healer build.

Reciprocal Aid/Luna|Moonbow/Fury|FortressDef/Renewal/Threaten ATK or SPD. 

I'm trying to find some way to salvage Chrom as a Falchion user but every setup, even as +SPD (Even Speed +3 and the Speed +1 seal) is still better with the Brave Sword+). I know that Brave Sword Chrom without plus ATK (Even worse, -DEF) is kinda meh and a waste of the extra speed, healer Chrom is less effective with the lack of DEF, how exactly do you utilize this guy?

Despite that, +SPD/-RES Marth with his 40 speed is still almost even to +SPD/-RES Chrom. Fury/Swordbreaker3/Moonbow Marth has 80 wins and 1 loss over a single round whereas +SPD/-DEF Fury 3/Swordbreaker3/Moonbow Chrom (also with Falchion) is netting 74 wins but 0 losses.

You can tell me who's superior to raise to *5 and use (particularly offensive as M!Marth is a designated healbot), but also what's the best thing to do with a Chrom of this nature? Is there even any room for him? No Lucina or Alm also.

I got Chrom as my 2nd pull ever when I first started this game in April and I have never been given another one, so I wouldn't bet on getting one any time soon.

Also just curious, can you inherit a Falchion to the same unit as *4? (Giving a *5 Marth's Falchion to a *4+10 Marth for example)

Edited by Zeo

@fatboyjam Moonbow Quick Pulse Reinhardt is mainly used for Arena Defense for the added damage on Turn 1 Enemy Phase, but generally he runs Luna or Draconic Aura otherwise. With buffs and an Atk boon, Draconic Aura edges out Luna for damage output so I'd recommend using that.

@Zeo Marth is straight up better than Chrom as a Falchion user; however, Chrom has his Brave Sword niche which saves from just being a thwomp with dragon effectiveness.

Prf Weapons can't be inherited, at all, even if the recieving unit gets that skill as a 5*.

If you really want to use Chrom, just wait for a +Atk roll. If you lack a Falchion user, your +Spd Marth will fill that niche quite nicely.

Edited by MrSmokestack

I'm trying to figure out what healer to focus in the upcoming event. Not only so I have to level one ( had been using Wrys.) I have a +Def/-Spd Sakura or a +Def/- Res Priscilla they seen like the only 2 I have that have a slim chance of winning. Who would you go and how should I build?

30 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'm trying to find some way to salvage Chrom as a Falchion user but every setup, even as +SPD (Even Speed +3 and the Speed +1 seal) is still better with the Brave Sword+). I know that Brave Sword Chrom without plus ATK (Even worse, -DEF) is kinda meh and a waste of the extra speed, healer Chrom is less effective with the lack of DEF, how exactly do you utilize this guy?

You have a funny definition of 'better' about brave sword. Chroms offenses gets better, but his counter-kill and sustain gets completely dumpstered when you use brave over Falchion. L&D sword-breaker Chrom [+Spd/-Def] loses ~10 wins if he compared to brave on offense, but gains 31 wins on defense (he has around 50 wins on defense, numbers with QR remain similar to his offense---about 50 to 60 without a breaker: he loses the wins from mages he OHKO, but gains wins from people he survives to double thanks to bulk and speed tier).

Chrom is Ephraim who traded buffing power for sustain (and occasionally exploding a dragon), any set that makes Ephraim combat-viable makes Chrom combat viable. Rally Atk/Spd, Fort Def, Fort Res seal gives him comparable buffing power to Ephraim when you sacrifice his turn as well.

A sword-breaker set only works once for brave-sword chrom (because, if you can 2HKO, sword-breaker was redundant, if you can't, then next time you'll just die), Falchion sword-breaker Chrom can just kill an entire team of swords by walking off the damage after every fight.

Regardless of Set, Chrom's offenses are A, but his defenses fall significantly (L&D Chrom is bloody fast, and he's bulky enough to ignore the defense drop).

Basically, it's A/A/B/C/A versus A/B/C/C/A in terms of Falchion versus Brave Sword. (Brave is a bit better on offense than Falchion, which my broad ratings don't show, but Falchion has significant sustain advantage that my rating also doesn't show.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Got lucky and pulled a +Speed/Def- Katarina. What's a good set for her if I want her to hit hard? I'm thinking of giving her Rauorblade should I pull a -Atk or -Spd Tharja since her Rauorowl tome isn't that powerful. Is this a good idea? 

I'm also debating if I should actually have her learn Attack Ploy. It seems like the skill is held in high regards but I am not convinced of its value.  

19 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Got lucky and pulled a +Speed/Def- Katarina. What's a good set for her if I want her to hit hard? I'm thinking of giving her Rauorblade should I pull a -Atk or -Spd Tharja since her Rauorowl tome isn't that powerful. Is this a good idea? 

I'm also debating if I should actually have her learn Attack Ploy. It seems like the skill is held in high regards but I am not convinced of its value.  

Katarina is basically Tharja with a more optimized defensive spread (worse against physical, better against mages). You trade 20k feathers for the ability to counter mages a bit better.

Atk ploy let's her fufill her job of counter-killing mages a bit easier, being a long ranged debuff (only Sanaki and Julia have enough res to prevent the debuff, Julia is green, so her Atk doesn't matter as much, Sanaki likes to run TA-3, so a Fury would be enough to get her in range of the debuff), so, unless your other units really need some buffs---low 'support needed' score---it's fine to give her ploy.

Owl is fairly decent since it gives her better bulk when she does her counter-kill mages job and 20k feathers cheaper, but yes, -blade is pretty much always the tome of choice unless your team has no buffs in the C-slot at all. If I had a Katarina I'd keep owl and build a team around it, but that's mostly because I'm working on a budget and it's a bit more 'flavorful' to build characters to do what their skillset wants them to do.

Edit: tl;dr -blade tome, no other skills, is already one of her best sets in terms of offenses. That said, her default set is decent at its job. Counter-kill mages, charge Glacies, drop a nuke on some random loser. In terms of budget, slap on renewal and an assist and she's good to go, in terms of optimal, it's literally -blade and whatever other skills gets the most wins. (Probably breaker/desperation, a buff C-slot, a buff/positioning assist, and L&D in the A-slot.)

Edited by DehNutCase

23 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@fatboyjam Moonbow Quick Pulse Reinhardt is mainly used for Arena Defense for the added damage on Turn 1 Enemy Phase, but generally he runs Luna or Draconic Aura otherwise. With buffs and an Atk boon, Draconic Aura edges out Luna for damage output so I'd recommend using that.

Graci, @MrSmokestack. Was leaning Draconic Aura so I'll start with that. I'll probably add Moonbow for that QP combo later since defensive arena wins are getting harder to come by lately. 

Edited by fatboyjam

3 hours ago, Soul~! said:

If 35 is decently quick to double a lot of people, I'd rather run them on individually stronger weapons.

Besides exclusive weapons, generally, higher Might weapons' 1HKO kills fewer units than Braves' 2HKO. Braves with L&D/DB also increases the chance of knocking out the opponent before they have a chance to counterattack, i.e. your units take no damage.

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

You have a funny definition of 'better' about brave sword. Chroms offenses gets better, but his counter-kill and sustain gets completely dumpstered when you use brave over Falchion.

Increasing player phase kills is more important than increasing enemy phase kills. Enemy phase survival is largely irrelevant if the enemy is dead and you can Assist your unit out of enemy range. The more units you can kill on player phase, the easier it is to defend on enemy phase. I would only prioritize enemy phase kills if it is an enemy phase build. I find builds that balance between them makes them less useful on player phase and more risky on enemy phase.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Zeo Marth is straight up better than Chrom as a Falchion user; however, Chrom has his Brave Sword niche which saves from just being a thwomp with dragon effectiveness.

Prf Weapons can't be inherited, at all, even if the recieving unit gets that skill as a 5*.

If you really want to use Chrom, just wait for a +Atk roll. If you lack a Falchion user, your +Spd Marth will fill that niche quite nicely.

That's a shame. Chrom is infinitely cooler than Marth, who knows when or if a +ATK Chrom will ever show up. If Marth is my best bet then I'll probably just make due with Athena and "Marth" for now. 

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

You have a funny definition of 'better' about brave sword. Chroms offenses gets better, but his counter-kill and sustain gets completely dumpstered when you use brave over Falchion. L&D sword-breaker Chrom [+Spd/-Def] loses ~10 wins if he compared to brave on offense, but gains 31 wins on defense (he has around 50 wins on defense, numbers with QR remain similar to his offense---about 50 to 60 without a breaker: he loses the wins from mages he OHKO, but gains wins from people he survives to double thanks to bulk and speed tier).

Chrom is Ephraim who traded buffing power for sustain (and occasionally exploding a dragon), any set that makes Ephraim combat-viable makes Chrom combat viable. Rally Atk/Spd, Fort Def, Fort Res seal gives him comparable buffing power to Ephraim when you sacrifice his turn as well.

A sword-breaker set only works once for brave-sword chrom (because, if you can 2HKO, sword-breaker was redundant, if you can't, then next time you'll just die), Falchion sword-breaker Chrom can just kill an entire team of swords by walking off the damage after every fight.

Regardless of Set, Chrom's offenses are A, but his defenses fall significantly (L&D Chrom is bloody fast, and he's bulky enough to ignore the defense drop).

Basically, it's A/A/B/C/A versus A/B/C/C/A in terms of Falchion versus Brave Sword. (Brave is a bit better on offense than Falchion, which my broad ratings don't show, but Falchion has significant sustain advantage that my rating also doesn't show.)

Basically he's an enemy phase or player phase unit, but as a Falchion unit, still inferior to Marth and Lucina as they (well.. mostly Marth) have comparable enemy phases and superior player phases. Plus you gave me the benefits of both Falchion and Brave Sword, but neither of them seem to give +SPD any benefit and -DEF goes between hindering great bulk and giving a unit that's already getting doubled by everyone take even more damage.

I like Chrom, and I'll probably just make some unique build for him because I still want to use him, but I'm just going to postpone it and settle for a healbot to be my main Falchion user. It's a shame.

So said what I said just now, now watch the next Tempest Trials phase be "Dark Clouds over Mystery" with Marth as a 1.4 unit and I'll have a level 40 +SPD/-RES Marth in my barracks as a *4 and I'll have just spent my 20k feathers on something like Brave Axe Camilla to give to Cherche when I already have 2 death dealers in Soren and Nino.

So I 5*ed my +Atk -Def Selena finally. Right now she has Fury 3 and Threaten Spd, and I'm planning on giving her Wo Dao+ with Moonbow or Bonfire (probably Moonbow, but haven't decided fully). I can't really decide what B Skill would be good for her though. This set isn't focused on sustain and tanking, so I don't really need Renewal; Desperation works with her great Spd and Threaten Spd, but I'm not entirely sure if it's worth since Moonbow can't proc in one round of combat like that; Vantage Moonbow with Wo Dao sounds a bit evil, but Selena has low Atk to begin with even with +Atk, not sure how much it's worth.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

When should I merge my inheritance Olivia into my other one? The fact they are currently two different units is what's allowing me to dance and make their grinding nicer, but at the same time, I'm not sure if I should work Olivia all the way up to 4* 40 before merging.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Besides exclusive weapons, generally, higher Might weapons' 1HKO kills fewer units than Braves' 2HKO. Braves with L&D/DB also increases the chance of knocking out the opponent before they have a chance to counterattack, i.e. your units take no damage.

Is it sad I have this OCD thing that -5 Spd looks really unsightly under 32 Spd?

4 hours ago, Soul~! said:

Is it sad I have this OCD thing that -5 Spd looks really unsightly under 32 Spd?

That is what L&D is for. If you do not like the drop in defense, there is Quick Sparrow which is slightly less powerful, but without a defense drop.

Is it worth it to drop orbs on expanding my maximum hero limit?

I honestly never thought it would be a problem, but then again I didn't have so many inheritance fodder units at the time either...

I honestly never thought it would be a problem, but then again I didn't have so many inheritance fodder units at the time either...

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

In the end, it is. It takes 1 orb to expand your barracks by 5 slots, whereas it takes at least 20 orbs to actually fill those 5 slots.