"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

It's mostly just some set I can throw up without significant investment to make my favourite unit in the game... decent until my real favourite shows up.

As in, it'll probably be plain Brave Lance, Glacies, Lancebreaker 2 from Arthur and vanilla Darting Blow due to the lack of better resources. Unless I use Hawkeye for Death Blow 2.

I have a three (3*) Florina duplicates... how badly would I want Ardent Sacrifice/Darting Blow fodder before I use them as cheap merges?

I would not use Darting Blow on Florina. She is pretty slow. She benefits a lot more from increasing her Attack stat. Atk +3 from Cecilia or Gordon compliments her Brave Lance better. If you do not have anything to increase her attack, then Darting Blow is better than nothing.

4 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

And the dragons so far have been all over the place in terms of staying consistent with that. Nowi and Tiki literally have the same weapon, as do Fae and Ninian. I couldn't tell you if Nowi and Tiki are actually the same kind of dragon in Awakening, but I know Fae and Ninian are not.

Dragonstone in Awakening have 1-2 range. Nowi's and Tiki's dragon models are pretty much the same, they might have a slightly different color though.

2 hours ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Just redownloading FEH and relinking the same My Nintendo account?

Your question answered your own question.

53 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I got a Boey out of the latest banner. Pretty nice since I was hoping to pull either him or Mae, but sadly he seems to be -speed/+resistence. Is the character worth something with this boon/bane? 23 speed looks pretty painful and his resistence still isn't something worth bragging about.

Give him a raven build. You can replace TA with Close Counter if you have lots of spare Hectors.

38 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm not sure if I should pull right now.

I don't have one of the 40% units yet, and I'm thinking I should try to now. But some of the summer units are certainly interesting in gameplay, and they mostly cover niches I don't have in 5*. 

So should I pull for an Echoes unit now?

We do not know if we will ever get those limited characters again.

Unless you plan to get all the orbs, 20% bonus is sufficient.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Does merging *4s together increase their caps in the same fashion as when you do 5*s and does it carry over to *5?

Increases caps, but do not carry over.

To append to this, is a rarity increase on par with 5 merges in terms of Arena score, or is one 'better' than the other? I've got a +1 Olivia for SP reasons, and I'd like to know whether promoting her or feeding her more Olivias is the more profitable outcome.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

Increases caps, but do not carry over.

Meaning if I promote said 4+* they won't have those increase stats/caps over on 5*? Just making sure I get this right...

3 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Meaning if I promote said 4+* they won't have those increase stats/caps over on 5*? Just making sure I get this right...

Merges don’t carry over with promotion. Promoting a 4⋆+1 or 4⋆+10 will give you the same 5⋆.

I don't have any of the new Tempest Trial champions that are in the banner. I don't think I pulled it last time because I didn't think any of them were good. Last TT I had Reinhardt, Xander, Olwen do all the work and dragged Tharja along (though she did do a lot of the work on Veronica.) If I pull this banner who should I work for? I really need none of the units. 

1 hour ago, Sleypnyr said:

I don't have any of the new Tempest Trial champions that are in the banner. I don't think I pulled it last time because I didn't think any of them were good. Last TT I had Reinhardt, Xander, Olwen do all the work and dragged Tharja along (though she did do a lot of the work on Veronica.) If I pull this banner who should I work for? I really need none of the units. 

You might want Boey to take handle blue units.

I had the random luck to pull a 5*Boey from the Fury banner while hunting down Eldigan, which does turn lucky indeed with the new Tempest. Suggestion for a Tempest build for him?

He's +Def/-Res

I guess I could give him Reciprocal Aid to turn him into a pseudo healer.

Are Raven+TA builds reccomended for him? Anything else I could do?

12 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Two Alm-related questions.

1) My level 34 Alm's base stats are 42/29/27/29/16. Is it too early to tell his boon/bane? (I pulled him on Day 1 and didn't quite get them noted down before he started getting EXP). If it helps, I vaguely recall his Atk being affected.

2) What are some good, quick skills to give him to make him decent for the Tempest Trials? I have yet to teach him anything.

1) +Def for sure (neutral Def Alm caps at 28), probably -Res (neutral Res Alm caps at 22). Decent enough, methinks.

2) Depends on your setup. Last TT I used Horses + healer Lucina, so I'm just gonna go with that again:

JKmodYj.png

(+Res/-Def)

• Fed a 4* Raven (Defiant Spd), 4* Felicia (BoL), 4* Jakob (Renewal), 3* Setsuna (Reciprocal Aid) and spent 1440 SP unlocking skills other than Draconic Aura (200, for 1640 total). Would be an extra 360 for Renewal 3 if I had a Fae and felt like feeding her to him, but Renewal 2 worked fine last time so eh.
  • For an unbuffed full HP Veronica (assuming she even comes back): 37 Spd to double, 58 Atk to kill with regular WTA and no special. Double with Draconic Aura requires 52 Atk, Double with Luna requires 50 Atk, Double with Dragon Fang requires 48 Atk. 
  • Defiant skills are great if everyone else is using positioning skills and Horse/Flier buffs, especially with Reciprocal Aid spam and Renewal+Falchion healing AFTER the Defiant activates. Tiki (A) gives Atk if you don't want Spd.
  • If I had fodder for it, I'd probably go with Spur Atk or Spd or some such. BoL isn't too bad, especially in those situations where it's just one enemy left that Alm can ORKO while everyone else stands around him.

14 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Two Alm-related questions.

1) My level 34 Alm's base stats are 42/29/27/29/16. Is it too early to tell his boon/bane? (I pulled him on Day 1 and didn't quite get them noted down before he started getting EXP). If it helps, I vaguely recall his Atk being affected.

2) What are some good, quick skills to give him to make him decent for the Tempest Trials? I have yet to teach him anything.

Your best bet is to keep him with no skills and have three units carry his useless behind XD

He looks like +Def -Res.

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

Do we know which GHB we'll get this week?

We're getting a bond hero battle instead! It's in a different thread!

I was looking through maps earlier for other stuff, remembered this map

360px-Map_XX002.png?version=3a405369080b

It was the xenologue map that went with the tempest. Has anyone ever seen this show up in the training tower? I know that Hero, Arena & Grand Hero maps don't show up there, but are there any other main story/paralogue exceptions like this?

11 hours ago, salinea said:

I had the random luck to pull a 5*Boey from the Fury banner while hunting down Eldigan, which does turn lucky indeed with the new Tempest. Suggestion for a Tempest build for him?

He's +Def/-Res

I guess I could give him Reciprocal Aid to turn him into a pseudo healer.

Are Raven+TA builds reccomended for him? Anything else I could do?

Raven build suits him. However, even with TA, I would still be careful of using him against blue mages.

So, I was saving Cordelia's Galeforce potential for one of my Blade Mages for the Arena points, when it was brought to my attention that I can't do this. Is there any real melee unit I might want to give Galeforce to for Arena points, or should I just use her for her Brave Lance?

30 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So, I was saving Cordelia's Galeforce potential for one of my Blade Mages for the Arena points, when it was brought to my attention that I can't do this. Is there any real melee unit I might want to give Galeforce to for Arena points, or should I just use her for her Brave Lance?

You can try Galeforce on Athena, Hana, Legion, Lucina, and Ryoma. The have similar offensive stat spreads to Cordelia.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

You can try Galeforce on Athena, Hana, Legion, Lucina, and Ryoma. The have similar offensive stat spreads to Cordelia.

Well, there's something to stick on the Hana pile.

Donnel's Hero Battle rotation can't come soon enough.

So, I'm promoting more units to 5*. As I said before, Xander's getting promoted, Camus will be promoted as well (Gradivus hype?) but I'm not sure who else to promote besides.

I'm needing greens, that's for sure. My only one is Hector, and while many would argue that's all I need, I'd still like to have another option there, as Hector's not a perfect unit (Soon though, he might be.).

I've got:

Frederick (+HP/-Def), Michalis, Cherche (+HP/-Res), Camilla (+Att/-HP), FRobin are all level 40. Fae (+Att/-Def), Barst (+Spd/-Att) and Legion, are close enough to bring up. I could also promote Narcian, but he'd be a long while as he's still at 3*. There's also the pretty low level Gunter (+HP/-Res), Arthur (+Att/-Res) and Hawkeye (+Att/-Def).There are others, but they'd take even further effort to raise like Narcian.

Since I'm not pulling from the summer banner, it looks like my best options for bonus characters are either Legion or Peri.

• The only I have Peri is 4* -Atk, +Res, but I could easily just include her on my current arena Horse Team and try to keep her out of combat.
  • Legion is 4* +2. However I'd have to build a new team to support him.

Which of these options would be better, and what's a decent skillset for each of them?

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So, I'm promoting more units to 5*. As I said before, Xander's getting promoted, Camus will be promoted as well (Gradivus hype?) but I'm not sure who else to promote besides.

I'm needing greens, that's for sure. My only one is Hector, and while many would argue that's all I need, I'd still like to have another option there, as Hector's not a perfect unit (Soon though, he might be.).

I've got:

Frederick (+HP/-Def), Michalis, Cherche (+HP/-Res), Camilla (+Att/-HP), FRobin are all level 40. Fae (+Att/-Def), Barst (+Spd/-Att) and Legion, are close enough to bring up. I could also promote Narcian, but he'd be a long while as he's still at 3*. There's also the pretty low level Gunter (+HP/-Res), Arthur (+Att/-Res) and Hawkeye (+Att/-Def).There are others, but they'd take even further effort to raise like Narcian.

As I found out during the last tempest trials, having multiple green units is indeed pretty nice (when my Hector and Nino died, I had to go at it without a green unit, which can be pretty hard). You have some pretty good green units, most notable Cherche, Michealis and Legion. Cherche and Legion are good with a brave axe (Legion can also be decent without one) and Michealis is pretty much a flying tank. Fredrick is decent as well, but outside of horse emblem Cherche is just better with a brave axe. Narcian is good at dominating blues, but he doesn't need to be 5* to do that, so there's not much point in promoting him.

Of the units I specified, it somewhat depends on your playstyle and resources who would be the best choice.

• Michealis only needs QR (2 should still be good enough) and perhaps Bonfire to be good, but Fury and some good support skills are always nice to have. He's more of a tank/counterkiller, as opposed to the other two.
  • Cherche really wants a Brave Axe to make use of her great Attack. Death Blow and a breaker skill make her even better.
  • Legion is already good from the outset, but his best set is a Brave Axe with Life and Death to quadruple enemies. Desperation is a good skill to not get hit in the proces. He can of course also make a set similar to Cherche work, but Cherche has better Attack, so she's better for such a set.

Got a Summer Robin today, but she's -Spd (34 Spd with Fury on max lvl). Probably not good for going with Desperation, so what would work on her B skill? 
Maybe some -breaker or QR, since she's kinda bulky to take some hits and kill on counter? Or Desperation can work with that speed?

okay can someone explain to me what Heavy Blade is supposed to do. Like, I can get that Atk - Foe's Atk = +1 Atk (if > 1), but I don't get how Special Cooldown fits in. Like, does the Special Cooldown number = the amount of +Atk you get?

nevermind gamepress boyz

Edited by Soul~!