"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

What are the best builds for a +SPD/-RES Ogma? I'm going to run him and Delthea on the same team, so you can assume whatever he's doing, he's getting +9 Attack on top of his already ridiculous offenses.

Brave Sword+ - Slap Death Blow on him and he's destroying 90% of the cast, more so with Moonbow or DA/Luna. It's a serious waste of his speed though. Fury increases bulk and doubling, but with the Brave Sword it's moot and it's already pretty hard to kill Ogma without magic, still it's 35 Speed which is quadding more stuff if he even needs to do that.

Wo Dao+ - I have to find an Athena (or sacrifice my only one, unlikely) but this appears to be his other best choice. Darting Blow brings him up to 42 SPD, with Desperation and a skill Proc he's basically doing the Lucina thing, even without Desperation he's doubling things like a champion. Life and Death/Desperation is a decent combo but it seems like he can actually run other B skills and be fine.

Swordbreaker is just a winner no matter what build he's running seems like so that will likely be his B skill no matter what unless I get a Renewal or something along those lines. But yeah, give me advice. With +9 to ATK, Brave Sword Ogma could ORKO a lot of the cast but I just want to make sure I don't jump the gun like I did when I gave Delthea Moonbow, which by the way, my Ogma wants...

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

What are the best builds for a +SPD/-RES Ogma? I'm going to run him and Delthea on the same team, so you can assume whatever he's doing, he's getting +9 Attack on top of his already ridiculous offenses.

Brave Sword+ - Slap Death Blow on him and he's destroying 90% of the cast, more so with Moonbow or DA/Luna. It's a serious waste of his speed though. Fury increases bulk and doubling, but with the Brave Sword it's moot and it's already pretty hard to kill Ogma without magic, still it's 35 Speed which is quadding more stuff if he even needs to do that.

Wo Dao+ - I have to find an Athena (or sacrifice my only one, unlikely) but this appears to be his other best choice. Darting Blow brings him up to 42 SPD, with Desperation and a skill Proc he's basically doing the Lucina thing, even without Desperation he's doubling things like a champion. Life and Death/Desperation is a decent combo but it seems like he can actually run other B skills and be fine.

Swordbreaker is just a winner no matter what build he's running seems like so that will likely be his B skill no matter what unless I get a Renewal or something along those lines. But yeah, give me advice. With +9 to ATK, Brave Sword Ogma could ORKO a lot of the cast but I just want to make sure I don't jump the gun like I did when I gave Delthea Moonbow, which by the way, my Ogma wants...

There is only one standard player phase build:
+Spd/Atk -Res/Def/HP/Spd
Brave/Blade, Luna/Draconic Aura/Moonbow
Life and Death/Death Blow, Breaker/Desperation
Quickened Pulse/Attack +1/Speed +1/HP +3

There is no reason not use Brave Weapons. Almost all player phase units should use it if they have access to it. Ogma also comes with it so you can save some SP. Ogma is not slow enough for Death Blow to be better than Life and Death, so I would go with Life and Death.

Wo Dao is more suited for Enemy Phase builds in my opinion to better abuse Quick Riposte and Moonbow.

Swordbreaker is good.

Edited by XRay

23 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

I have a +Def/-HP Delthea running Dark Aura, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Death Blow 3, x, and Drive Atk2. What should I run for b slot? Desperation or like a Lancebreaker?

I do not think she is fast enough to use Desperation effectively with only 34 Speed. I would go with Lancebreaker or another Breaker. If you run Life and Death, then Desperation would definitely be okay.

Edited by XRay

On 07/03/2017 at 0:42 AM, Ice Dragon said:

They are allowed to make changes as long as players are compensated. However, because it's rather difficult to determine how much things are worth, most companies don't bother.

Regarding this...

A common complaint as of late are the Killer weapons and slayer weapons.

If they were to have buffed killer weapons instead to the new Slayer values... Would they have had to hand out apology orbs?

Like I mean I see buffing things as undermining other OP things whales seek out... But what does our resident whale say?

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Regarding this...

A common complaint as of late are the Killer weapons and slayer weapons.

If they were to have buffed killer weapons instead to the new Slayer values... Would they have had to hand out apology orbs?

Like I mean I see buffing things as undermining other OP things whales seek out... But what does our resident whale say?

As best as I am aware, I'm pretty sure buffs don't require compensation, based on anecdotes from my friends who play other gacha games. Even if they do require compensation, the amount is probably less controversial because the indirect nerf to other things' value doesn't matter.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Killer weapons were simply buffed to the stats of Slaying weapons. The addition of Slaying weapons is more annoying simply because it requires obtaining new resources instead of relying on existing resources, but it's not enough to push me out of my indifference to the entire matter.

It just means I have to hope that Slaying Lance and Slaying Axe are added to characters that I wouldn't mind using for Skill Inheritance so that I can give them to Gwendolyn and Sheena instead of saving them up for merging.

I wonder what the localization team does if they decide to add Forged versions of the armor-effective weapons (since the Japanese names of the Slaying weapons is just "Killer Bow Forged", etc.).

I have a +Def/-HP Corrin (F). I don't have any good defensive units, and Corrin would really fill the role well for me. Would a different nature suit Corrin better or would the Corrin I have now (who is currently 3 star) be good to work with and upgrade to 5 star?

Edited by Carter

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As best as I am aware, I'm pretty sure buffs don't require compensation, based on anecdotes from my friends who play other gacha games. Even if they do require compensation, the amount is probably less controversial because the indirect nerf to other things' value doesn't matter.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Killer weapons were simply buffed to the stats of Slaying weapons. The addition of Slaying weapons is more annoying simply because it requires obtaining new resources instead of relying on existing resources, but it's not enough to push me out of my indifference to the entire matter.

It just means I have to hope that Slaying Lance and Slaying Axe are added to characters that I wouldn't mind using for Skill Inheritance so that I can give them to Gwendolyn and Sheena instead of saving them up for merging.

I wonder what the localization team does if they decide to add Forged versions of the armor-effective weapons (since the Japanese names of the Slaying weapons is just "Killer Bow Forged", etc.).

I mean personally I would have been okay the buffs. But at the same time from their perspective they made (an inconvenient but new) content to work for.

It just feels so insignificant compared to the usual practices of other gacha games that the inexperienced players starting drama over it make me want to say "get off my lawn".

It feels like people are getting up in arms over Delthea possibly replacing Linde or Slayer Weapons pretty much "rendering Killer Weapons useless"

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

It feels like people are getting up in arms over Delthea possibly replacing Linde or Slayer Weapons pretty much "rendering Killer Weapons useless"

The way I see it, Delthea still gets destroyed by Nino just as much as Linde does, and killer weapons don't mean anything when you're OHKO'd HEH (Or 2 hit with a Brave weapon)

It's not like killer weapons were OP already, and all they needed was an attack buff to become new meta. We're not going to start seeing slayer weapons left right and center XD

The only thing I'd say it's a little annoying is for non arena things, like maybe if I were doing squad assault with my Oboro and she needed 2 more attack to kill someone (assuming she also has a hone attack buff). 

I have:

4* Gaius with a favorable nature
4* Kagero with unfavorable nature
5* +3 Summer!Frederick
3* Mathew

The two options I'm considering are:

(1) Promote Gaius and Kagero to 5* and sacrifice Kagero's dagger to Gaius (40k feathers)
(2) Promote Mathew to 5* and sacrifice his dagger to Sum!Frederick (22k feathers)

Which one do you guys think will have more utility?

7 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

The only thing Delthea really does better than Linde is give buffs with Dark Aura. More importantly to me at least, +10 Delthea can't guarantee a double attack on Lunatic Tempest Trial Celica without +6 Spd from buffs (which is impossible without Spur Spd or Blarowl), whereas Linde only needs +4.

Killer weapons would be more useless if Slaying weapons had more availability. For the time being, the availability of Slaying weapons is not high enough to completely invalidate Killer weapons. (Not to mention Hauteclere and Mystletainn have already been doing that for axe fliers and sword cavalry. There was no reason to run Beruka with Killer Axe or Stahl with Killing Edge when Michalis and Eldigan did it better with their free +5 Atk.)

17 minutes ago, Lushen said:

(1) Promote Gaius and Kagero to 5* and sacrifice Kagero's dagger to Gaius (40k feathers)

That^

Poison Dagger is much more useful since you have actual combat with it unlike Rogue. It takes more investment but is better in the long term.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

I have a +Def/-HP Corrin (F). I don't have any good defensive units, and Corrin would really fill the role well for me. Would a different nature suit Corrin better or would the Corrin I have now (who is currently 3 star) be good to work with and upgrade to 5 star?

It depends on your play style. I am not a fan of Enemy Phase F!Corrin since Nowi exists. F!Corrin lacks the fire power to make use of her defenses. I do not like walls that cannot kill things, since that just charges the enemies' Specials and/or activate their Vantage.

If you do want to use F!Corrin, make sure she has an Attack Boon.

+Atk -Res
Flametongue, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 111:5:36
Enemy Phase (Nowi) 125:14:13

+Atk -Res
Lightning Breath, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 80:1:71
Enemy Phase (Nowi) 117:7:28

You can use Triangle Adept if you need to specifically tank reds.

I have 2 questions: 

1. I have 2 Lon'qus. One could be useful for Vantage. One is +Att/-HP, The other is +Spd/-Def. What's more worthwhile, and any non-Hector suggestions for Vantage (My Hector's getting SP for Vantage 3 as is, he's grand)?

2. I want to promote someone. I have enough feathers. I have no idea who.

So I'm going to list what I already have at around 40 and who's around 30-35 I haven't finished raising because of Tempest Tantrum, and see what works from there.

Spoiler

Navarre, Roy (+Spd/-HP), Lloyd, Selena (+Spd/-Def), Draug (+Spd/-Att), Zephiel, Stahl (+Def/-Spd), Caeda (+Res/-Spd), Lilina (+Def/-Res), Oboro (+Def/-HP), Wendy (Neutral), Est (+Res/-Spd), Odin (+Spd/-Def), Ursula, Barst (+Spd/-Att), Legion, Frederick (+HP/-Def), Cherche (+Att/-HP), Camilla (+Att/-HP), Fae (+Att/-Def), F!Robin, Setsuna (+Res/-Spd), Felicia (+Att/-Spd), Clarine (+Att/-Res), Clarisse

Of these, the GHB units, Cherche and Roy are the best candidates imo.

Lachesis (+Spd/-Att), Ogma (+Spd/-Att), Henry (+Att/-Res), Azama (+Spd/-Res), Arthur (+Att/-Res), Maria (Neutral), Marth (+HP/-Spd), Olivia (+Res/-Att), Hawkeye (+Att/-Def), Saizo (+Def/-HP), Niles (+Spd/-Att), Raigh (+Spd/-Res), Sophia (+Att/-Spd), Cain (+Res/-Spd), Eliwood (+Spd/-Def), Kagero (+Res/-HP), Donnel (+Att/-Def), Virion (+Att/-Def), Gunter (+HP/-Res), Corrin (+Spd/-Att), M!Marth

I also have Mae (+Def/-Res), Seliph (+HP/-Def) and Jakob (Neutral) (Also Tobin, but pfft), but they'll be a while.

Spoiler

5* Units: Alfonse, Gray (+Def/-Att), Eirika (+Def/-Spd), Xander, Sharena, Camus, Peri (+Att/-Spd), Hinoka (+Res/-Att), MRobin (+Att/-Res), Azura (Neutral), Azura 2 Electric Bogaloo (+Def/-Att), Springcina (+Res/-HP), Anna, Hector (Neutral), Michalis, Elise (+Def/-Res)

Edited by Dayni

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I have 2 questions: 

1. I have 2 Lon'qus. One could be useful for Vantage. One is +Att/-HP, The other is +Spd/-Def. What's more worthwhile, and any non-Hector suggestions for Vantage (My Hector's getting SP for Vantage 3 as is, he's grand)?

2. I want to promote someone. I have enough feathers. I have no idea who.

So I'm going to list what I already have at around 40 and who's around 30-35 I haven't finished raising because of Tempest Tantrum, and see what works from there.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

1. Lon'qu already has loads of natural speed, so I'd go with +Atk/-HP for a permanent unit.

2. Honestly, I'd go Horse Emblem. . .but you'd need +Atk or +Spd Cecilia for that.

3 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Where was it stated that Clive will be a GHB? I only knew the Berkut one

It wasn’t. It is only one of the speculations.

3 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Where was it stated that Clive will be a GHB? I only knew the Berkut one

It wasn’t. It is only one of the speculations.

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I am conflicted should I roll for Deltha or not. I already have an Olwen, but still lacking a good green mage. Should I or should I not roll? I'm F2P. 

If you are not sniping just blues, there is always a chance that you will get Nino. If you are sniping, then it is up to you whether it is worth the higher Orb cost of getting Delthea and the opportunity cost of getting Nino. Delthea is not a limited character, so you can always get her later.

7 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I am conflicted should I roll for Deltha or not. I already have an Olwen, but still lacking a good green mage. Should I or should I not roll? I'm F2P. 

Delthea is blue. It’s Sonya who is green.

Sonya is a defensive mage not unlike Julia, but exactly 5 Spd faster.

29 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So, what was the thing about the Daily Quests (with coloured crystals and feathers) about, and how long are they sticking around for?

They replaced the arena quests (with dozens of stamina potions and dueling crests) and I hope they don’t go away. Today they give an orb!