"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

26 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

BST doesn't matter anymore. Only skills, merges, Star rank, and level. Sure, having a high BST means you have a better stat spread than other units, but it doesn't make a difference anymore.

I think so anyway.... I'm not even sure how the arena works anymore.... I just bring Nino and hope for a good scoreĀ 

BST only matters if you are at the top of the Arena, since at that level everyone will have full skill sets and several merges. The only other way to avoid pony teams is to use units with really high BST like dragons.

If you are not at the top, then BST matters little if at all.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Given a few days, can anyone confirm if Cancel Affinity is the latest hit that's sweeping the nation (aka becoming common on colorless units)?

Shame that Cancel Affinity was revealed very soon after my plans to build TA-Raven Sophia formed...

Mages and staff staffers~Ā can't even inherit it, so no.

@wizzard of sozĀ True, you can't throw Nino at everything. You gotta throw Reinfart and Briceload at it too!

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I think he's talking about the archers that can inherit it and ruin his Sophia's dreams.

I'm aware, but at least Adept tanks in general aren't completely gimped. If only mages could have the skill versus only archers having the skill, the former is a larger subset that can screw over Sophia more easily. As it is now, she can still check green mages at least.

Also, archers still have to choose between a few other B skills like Wings of Mercy, which can reduce the prevalence of Cancel Affinity even further. I think it's more niche rather than more meta considering Bride Cordelia has a monopoly on being the archest of archers in this game.

6 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

So just got Phantom Seal and been thinking of which unit to give it too and think I've settled on my Klein, I do tend to lean on him alot, but he came as -spd so thinking giving him Phantom Seal 1 could help off-set that - good idea?

Phantom Spd only affects the Spd calculations for Windsweep and Watersweep. Unless your Klein has Windsweep or Watersweep or you often run into opponents with one of those skills (and Klein is somehow not initiating combat), Phantom Spd isn't doing anything for him.

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

So just got Phantom Seal and been thinking of which unit to give it too and think I've settled on my Klein, I do tend to lean on him alot, but he came as -spd so thinking giving him Phantom Seal 1 could help off-set that - good idea?

See below:

19 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

If a unit with a sweep skill has the higher Spd with Phantom Spd factored in, then yes, the Sweep skill will apply.

Phantom Spd can be used to improve the effectiveness of your own Sweep skills as well as fend off opposing Sweep skills.

Ā 

19 hours ago, Oboro! said:

ExactlyĀ 

So phantom speed gives you 5 more to activate the effect a little easierĀ 

For example:

+Spd Fury Alm hits a neutral speed Lucina. Alm has even speed with her, so windsweep doesn't activate

If Alm had Phantom speed, his speed would be increased by 5 when calculating the sweep skill and then it would activate!Ā 

Ā 

19 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

hrm..maybe example will be better here?

Alm with Windsweep 1 and 30 speed versus TobinĀ who has 27Ā speed.Ā 

normally, Windsweep would not be able to activate here, since the difference in speed has to be >= 5. however, if Alm had Phantom Speed, then his speed for the calculation of Windsweep would be 35 instead of 30, allowing Windsweep's effect to trigger.

Ā 

Unless you're giving your Klein Windsweep or Watersweep, there's no reason to run it.
Is Phantom Sweep the new Desperation? @Ice Dragon

Edited by MrSmokestack

@MrSmokestack

disgusting.
at least my envisioned Raven TA BowbreakerĀ Boey can counter both of them. twoĀ monsters,Ā one stone..

Phantom Speed really is the new Desperation

Ā 

also a question about pity rate..since the characters in your summoning session are rolled before you start pulling, does your pity rate apply to all of them? like if one of the characters rolled in the session is a 5*, it doesn't reset it in the same session when it rolls for the next unit?

5 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

@MrSmokestack

disgusting.
at least my envisioned Raven TA BowbreakerĀ Boey can counter both of them. twoĀ monsters,Ā one stone..

also a question about pity rate..since the characters in your summoning session are rolled before you start pulling, does your pity rate apply to all of them? like if one of the characters rolled in the session is a 5*, it doesn't reset it in the same session when it rolls for the next unit?

The Dark Side gave me so much power.

It gave me Nino. Then Brave Bride Cordelia. And now Reinhardt.

I'm not who I used to be anymore.

A mere TA Boey won't stand in my way. Not for long.

Pity rate only changes after a session. If you pull a 5* during a session and you still have units to pull, your current rate will still apply until the end of the session. Therefore, it's advised to pull all other orbs in a session in which you pull a 5* to keep the pity rate from going to waste before it resets. Is that what you are asking?

Spoiler

Now for a question of my own:

Spoiler

ļ¼§ļ¼µļ¼©ļ¼³ ļ¼¤ļ¼Æ ļ¼³ļ¼°ļ¼µļ¼²ļ¼³ ļ¼³ļ¼“ļ¼”ļ¼£ļ¼« ļ¼·ļ¼©ļ¼“ļ¼Ø ļ¼¢ļ¼¬ļ¼”ļ¼¤ļ¼„ļ¼“ļ¼Æļ¼­ļ¼„

13 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

ļ¼§ļ¼µļ¼©ļ¼³ ļ¼¤ļ¼Æ ļ¼³ļ¼°ļ¼µļ¼²ļ¼³ ļ¼³ļ¼“ļ¼”ļ¼£ļ¼« ļ¼·ļ¼©ļ¼“ļ¼Ø ļ¼¢ļ¼¬ļ¼”ļ¼¤ļ¼„ļ¼“ļ¼Æļ¼­ļ¼„

YEAH TOTALLY

BUFF ALL ALL YOU WANT DUDE

EVEN DRIVE SKILLS WORK!

Edited by Oboro!

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The Dark Side gave me so much power.

It gave me Nino. Then Brave Bride Cordelia. And now Reinhardt.

I'm not who I used to be anymore.

A mere TA Boey won't stand in my way. Not for long.

Pity rate only changes after a session. If you pull a 5* during a session and you still have units to pull, your current rate will still apply until the end of the session. Therefore, it's advised to pull all other orbs in a session in which you pull a 5* to keep the pity rate from going to waste before it resets. Is that what you are asking?

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Now for a question of my own:

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

damn Smokey, you really went off the deep end..

i just remembered i had a dream where i had a Bridelia and managed to killĀ a level 40 with her when she was like level 2 and it somehow glitched the game and gave her so much XP she was level 120..i think i played too much FEHĀ that day..

yep that's exactly what i was asking, thanks~

Spoiler

lOL...i don't even feel like i'm qualified to joke about these things because that was definitely me at some point..or maybe that makes me more qualified..

GUYS DOES DEFIANT ATK STACK WITH RALLY AND HONE ATK FOR BLADETOMES??

imagine..

Ā 

I've been slowing build Masked Marth and need to give her a special.

I've got access to most of the 4* specials but I don't know what's best. The only other skills I have on her are Renewal and Reciprocal Aid, fwiw, since the idea of heal bot lucina seemed novel.

15 minutes ago, r_n said:

I've been slowing build Masked Marth and need to give her a special.

I've got access to most of the 4* specials but I don't know what's best. The only other skills I have on her are Renewal and Reciprocal Aid, fwiw, since the idea of heal bot lucina seemed novel.

Well if you're doing a build like that, I assume you'd want Fury for the A slot.

With Fury on the A slot, Draconic Aura wins the most with a total of 127 wins as opposed to Luna's 123 and Bonfire's 122.

Without Fury, Draconic Aura wins the most byĀ quiteĀ a bit as well. Bonfire has 92 wins, Luna has 94, while Draconic Aura gets 105.

33 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Well if you're doing a build like that, I assume you'd want Fury for the A slot.

With Fury on the A slot, Draconic Aura wins the most with a total of 127 wins as opposed to Luna's 123 and Bonfire's 122.

Without Fury, Draconic Aura wins the most byĀ quiteĀ a bit as well. Bonfire has 92 wins, Luna has 94, while Draconic Aura gets 105.

Yeah I'm going with Fury, just need to get around to promoting a Hinta. I'll go with DA then!Ā 

@r_n@Oboro!

Lucina should not be facing too much combat with her medic build if she uses Fury. 3 cool down Special is fine with Quickened Pulse, but without it, she kills less than if she used Moonbow since she will usually activate Moonbow every battle against slower opponents.

Marth
Falchion, Reciprocal Aid, Draconic Aura
Fury, Renewal
Player Phase 87:3:62
Player Phase (Quickened Pulse) 97:3:52
Player Phase (Moonbow) 94:3:55

Marth
Falchion, Reciprocal Aid, Moonbow
Life and Death, Renewal
Player Phase 113:5:34

If you can afford it, Life and Death helps her out a lot.

So how does one go about using Owl tomes? I've got a Mae now, and I don't see doing a whole lot with her except as a backup team in multi-team modes, and I'd like to know who else she'd like hanging around.

So how does one go about using Owl tomes? I've got a Mae now, and I don't see doing a whole lot with her except as a backup team in multi-team modes, and I'd like to know who else she'd like hanging around.

You're going to want buffs on top of your owl tome boost*, preferably speed since she has desperation and you'll want it to double. So if you have an Eirika, she'd like that (since Eirika also has Hone attack 2 on her weaon)

After that, you could also try spur skills if you want since your units will be standing next to her anyway.

Can I name any unit in particular? Most of the units with spur Atk/Spd are either redundant with Eirika being sword users, or aren't too useful. So your best bet is to grab a Saizo or Barst and toss his spur onto a green unit that can support Mae a little better (or if you have Ninian or Azura give it to them since dancer + Spur seems pretty great anyway). So I guess your team would look like:

MaeĀ 

Eirika

Dancer (preferably blue, but if Olivia is your dancer, then you might want to swap Eirika for a unit that could be more useful such as a spear user [This is assuming Olivia is capable enough herself to at the very least tankĀ a hit from a sword in case of emergencies and damage greens in sticky situations])

Filler/green unit (I say Nino ;)

Or an even more basic formula:

Mae

Spur AtkĀ 

Spur Spd

Hone speed

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

*Let the record show that I am not an owl tome expert

26 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Boey's build is actually pretty good for Owls:

Buff one side of defense to absurd levels, leverage that into damage via special procs. His renewal keeps him topped off over multiple fights, and his earth boost lets him tank counter hits.

Ā 

Main problem is that offensive units are just a bit too strong to tank consistently---sure, Mae will be able to take care of the crappy mages basically anyone can tank, but the actual threats would still 2HKO her. (+Atk DB 3 Pulse Reinhardt, for example, would do 14 + 14 + 36 * .3 = 38 damage to a Mae with 1 person standing next to her and +4 buff to res. Mae has 35 hp.)

36/31 offenses are hardly bad, however,Ā even if Delthea has basically the strictly superior spread, so you can use Mae like a discount-Linde without much problems. With 1 person standing next to her, Mae is basically a 34/33 offensive mage (34/33 because +2 to spd, -2 Atk due to losing 4MT compared to Aura---I'm ignoring -blade here because -blade blows -owl out of the water as an offensive tome.)

The problem with Owl is that it's a defensive tome, sacrificing MT for spd, def, and res when people are next to you. Unfortunately, -blade can replicate that with CC Vantage: Anyone Mae can survive, Reinhardt can OHKO. Moreover, 'good' mages don't really have the bulk to abuse the defensive boost properly. Odin and Henry might have some niche sets they can use with Owl, but I haven't bothered looking.

Edited by DehNutCase

@Oboro!Ā Unfortunately, I am still without an Eirika (the infantry blade tome userĀ andĀ Magvel fanĀ doesn't have Eirika? What?), so that's not really helpful...Ā I could see her pairing with Lilina for Hone Speed nicely, but I don't have as many Spurs lying around.

I should try to fix that...

I've been running Mae in a two-man cell with Tharja withĀ both having Hone Spd on them to help combat Tempest Trials's inflated stats. The primary gimmick of using Litrowl is Spd manipulation since with proper prediction of enemy movement, you can always have one or two units adjacent for the added Spd boost.

While it can be tempting to run Spur skills with a Litrowl user, I find running a single Hone Spd is easier to work with since after getting the buff, it doesn't matter who you are adjacent to as long as you are adjacent to enough units when attacking and adjacent to your Hone Spd user again at the end of the turn.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've been running Mae in a two-man cell with Tharja withĀ both having Hone Spd on them to help combat Tempest Trials's inflated stats. The primary gimmick of using Litrowl is Spd manipulation since with proper prediction of enemy movement, you can always have one or two units adjacent for the added Spd boost.

While it can be tempting to run Spur skills with a Litrowl user, I find running a single Hone Spd is easier to work with since after getting the buff, it doesn't matter who you are adjacent to as long as you are adjacent to enough units when attacking and adjacent to your Hone Spd user again at the end of the turn.

Hm. So Lilina is a pretty good match. I reckon that's where she might end up- Nino and Linde can carry their respective teams with little concern, and Delthea wants more melee allies.

I think.

Hm. So Lilina is a pretty good match. I reckon that's where she might end up- Nino and Linde can carry their respective teams with little concern, and Delthea wants more melee allies.

I think.

The main thing about Mae is you probably shouldn't be using her if you have a better alternative. It takes two stacks of Blarowl to make Mae's offenses comparable to Linde's (Mae with two stacks of Blarowl is +1 Atk and -1 Spd relative to Linde with Aura), which is more setup than it's really worth.

The only real advantage Mae with Blarowl has over Linde is that she has a better chance of actually surviving a counterattack from an archer to get Desperation active without just dying outright since Linde's and Mae's physical bulk is right at the point where they're surviving by a few points or dying by a few points.

Ā 

29 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The problem with Owl is that it's a defensive tome, sacrificing MT for spd, def, and res when people are next to you. Unfortunately, -blade can replicate that with CC Vantage: Anyone Mae can survive, Reinhardt can OHKO. Moreover, 'good' mages don't really have the bulk to abuse the defensive boost properly. Odin and Henry might have some niche sets they can use with Owl, but I haven't bothered looking.

I find the Spd boost to be far more important than the defensive boosts. It basically lets already fast mages Spd creep against the fastest of the fast to pull off the Desperation kill, and lets the slightly less fast mages get the Spd to match the already fast mages.

The boost to defenses, while small, can actually matter when attempting to activate Desperation, though this is more for non-Arena content, since the goal is to survive with at least 1 HP remaining (and not to tank a million enemies), and almost all of the top infantry mages have physical bulk right on the edge of being one-hit killed by random archers.

Also, most people don't have access to Close Counter and many people don't have access to Reinhardt. You don't have to keep pulling that card out like it's going out of style.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The main thing about Mae is you probably shouldn't be using her if you have a better alternative. It takes two stacks of Blarowl to make Mae's offenses comparable to Linde's (Mae with two stacks of Blarowl is +1 Atk and -1 Spd relative to Linde with Aura), which is more setup than it's really worth.

The only real advantage Mae with Blarowl has over Linde is that she has a better chance of actually surviving a counterattack from an archer to get Desperation active without just dying outright since Linde's and Mae's physical bulk is right at the point where they're surviving by a few points or dying by a few points.

Yeah, my Linde is actually running Blarblade+, so I imagine she's even more powerful than Aura!Linde. In addition to being +Atk...

Mae is mostly favouritism, and a case of "Linde can't be everywhere". Blarowl instead of finding another Blarblade (don't think I have any Odins right now) is also me being lazy/creative.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, most people don't have access to Close Counter and many people don't have access to Reinhardt. You don't have to keep pulling that card out like it's going out of style.

Never pulled Takumi, my one Reinhardt was so far behind being promoted to 5* for Dire Thunder that he eventually becameĀ Death Blow fodder.

Yeah, my Linde is actually running Blarblade+, so I imagine she's even more powerful than Aura!Linde. In addition to being +Atk...

Mae is mostly favouritism, and a case of "Linde can't be everywhere". Blarowl instead of finding another Blarblade (don't think I have any Odins right now) is also me being lazy/creative.

My reason for using Mae is simply because she was the least slow of the 40% bonus characters for this round ofĀ Tempest Trials and because Blarowl actually made her fast enough to guarantee a double attack on Celica after enough merges.

Also she's cute. (But Linde's cuter.)

Edited by Ice Dragon