"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Well i gave her Defiant Res from my many Ests to at least patch it up somewhat. Bit of a band aid solution if she's going to get more damage from tomes.

the other option is to just use the 3 star neutral Felicia i guess? Although that requires feathers that i'll need for something else for now

Defiant skills are pretty bad as they do not kick in until you are almost dead. Fury or even Resistance +3 is better in my opinion. With half HP or less, even really high Resistance will not save her from being knocked out, especially if the enemy has their Special charged up. Promoting 3* to 4* costs only 200 2,000 Feathers, which is almost nothing, but your +Spd -Def [+Spd, -Res] might be better than Neutral since it can double more often.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got some questions regarding my future dragon team. It's more of a long term project, because it costs so much. 

These are my units (no SI yet, except Ninian):

Ninian 5* +SPD-DEF (Dark Breath+, Draconic Aura)
Nowi 4* +RES-HP
F!Corrin 4* neutral (plus 3* copy)
Y!Tiki 5* +HP-ATK
A!Tiki 3* +DEF -HP (plus 4* and 3* copy)
Fae 4* +ATK -HP

First thought was to give lighting breath+ to Young Tiki, but because of her -ATK nature, I'm considering to just promote +DEF adult Tiki to 5* and to put her into the team instead with Ninian, Fae and Nowi. The trade would be HP (8), SPD (7) and RES (5) for ATK (7) and DEF (6) at 5* and lighting breath+. 

What would be a worthy team with one or two 5* promotions included? I don't know if it would help me in arena (tier 17-19), it's more for fun. 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Defiant skills are pretty bad as they do not kick in until you are almost dead. Fury or even Resistance +3 is better in my opinion. With half HP or less, even really high Resistance will not save her from being knocked out, especially if the enemy has their Special charged up. Promoting 3* to 4* costs only 200 Feathers, which is almost nothing, but your +Spd -Def might be better than Neutral since it can double more often.

@mcsilas two quick corrections, promoting to 4* costs 2000 feathers instead of 200, but that's still pretty cheap in comparison to upgrading to 5*.

The nature was +Spd -Res, which I'm not sure is better then neutral (very well might be, 40 speed without skills is pretty sick).

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I've got some questions regarding my future dragon team. It's more of a long term project, because it costs so much. 

Nowi 4* +RES-HP
Y!Tiki 5* +HP-ATK
Fae 4* +ATK -HP

First thought was to give lighting breath+ to Young Tiki, but because of her -ATK nature, I'm considering to just promote +DEF adult Tiki to 5* and to put her into the team instead with Ninian, Fae and Nowi. The trade would be HP (8), SPD (7) and RES (5) for ATK (7) and DEF (6) at 5* and lighting breath+. 

What would be a worthy team with one or two 5* promotions included? I don't know if it would help me in arena (tier 17-19), it's more for fun. 

I'm not to familiar with using dragons, but after running the calculator for a bit, I'm quite sure your A!Tiki would be a better unit then your Y!Tiki (being -Atk hurts most units).

The team you mentioned of Fae, Nowi, A!Tiki and Ninian sounds perfectly fine. Fae and Ninian are no-brainers (Ninian is a dancer + Fortify dancers, and Fae is the only option for a green dragon), and Nowi is generally better then F!Corrin.

On 24/07/2017 at 11:50 PM, XRay said:

You can give her Axebreaker. Luna/Draconic Aura will go well with her Hauteclere.

Thanks!

I'm a bit hesitant on Axebreaker, since few people run axe users; but i guess they are starting to get a bit more popular.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Nowi 4* +RES-HP
Y!Tiki 5* +HP-ATK
Fae 4* +ATK -HP

@Ice Dragon can correct me if I am wrong, but Dragon teams need specific natures to work optimally, as they have to deal with specific threats that can easily ORKO them.

The dragons to be used are Fae, Nowi, and Y!Tiki. A!Tiki and F!Corrin do not score high enough to be worthwhile, and I think A!Tiki is too slow to counter Julia and Kagero.

Fae [+Atk, -Def/Res]
Nowi [+Atk, -Res]
Y!Tiki [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Res]

13 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

@mcsilas two quick corrections, promoting to 4* costs 2000 feathers instead of 200, but that's still pretty cheap in comparison to upgrading to 5*.

The nature was +Spd -Res, which I'm not sure is better then neutral (very well might be, 40 speed without skills is pretty sick).

That is what happens when I am trying to reply to multiple threads at once. I will fix it.

6 hours ago, Topaz Light said:

And for another, broader question; are mixed Cavalry+Non-Cavalry teams even a thing that would be good at all? I have some potentially-pretty-good horseback units (Reinhardt, Ursula, Camus, Xander, Cain, etc.) but I also have a lot of infantry units I like, too, and limited hero feathers... well, compared to the 20,000-feather cost of raising someone up to 5★, anyway.

2+2 is a reasonable and rather adaptable team composition since it doesn't force specific units on your team. Your team will basically operate in two cells of two units or one blob of four depending on the situation.

On the most recent Tempest Trials, I ran 2 infantry (Tharja and Mae) with 2 cavalry (Cecilia and Elise) and had a lot of success with that composition. Tharja and Mae both had Hone Spd, and Cecilia and Elise both had Hone Cavalry. I've also had some old arena teams with similar compositions, like Sophia, Ninian, Reinhardt, and Titania/Cecilia.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Nowi 4* +RES-HP
Y!Tiki 5* +HP-ATK
Fae 4* +ATK -HP

Ninian, Nowi, Awakening Tiki, and Fae look like your best units for this, but you're going to have a lot of trouble with Julia.

Corrin doesn't contribute very much to a dragon team at the moment due to her low Atk, which is problematic on a blue dragon due to the fact that Ninian is also bad at dealing damage.

Mystery Tiki has relatively low Atk and cannot afford to have -Atk due to Lightning Breath's low Atk stat. On a full dragon team meant for arena use, she cannot run Flametongue and Distant Counter because she will take too much damage from Julia with that build. I personally find even =Atk to be only borderline usable.

Awakening Tiki has trouble with Julia due to her low Spd and Res stats, and she doesn't have enough Atk to one-hit kill Julia. You may need to run G Tomebreaker instead of Quick Riposte to compensate.

Nowi prefers to run +Atk to guarantee a one-hit kill on Lucina to avoid taking too much damage from a double attack. You could also run Swordbreaker instead if you don't need to cover red mages.

Your Fae has a nearly perfect nature for a dragon team (or a 2-man cell). I personally prefer -Def, but -HP is fine. I think the main difference is -Def allows Fae to tank a single hit from most Julia builds (both units at +10) in an emergency.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So now that I've found out Cancel Affinity does not truly help Colorless counter Raven builds, I'm not really sure who to give it to... What kind of unit would want it?

Explain.

Cancel Affinity does nothing against vanilla Litrraven, but it negates weapon triangle disadvantage if the Litrraven user also has Triangle Adept. Cancel Affinity is primarily useful for an Arena defense team (or for PvE maps with Triangle Adept Litrraven users) and isn't as useful for an Arena offense team.

So, I have a 4* Roy but am unsure of who should get his Triangle Adept.

List of Candidates (Boon/Bane; current A skill)
5* Abel (+Spd, -Def; nothing, still needs training)
5* Catria (+Res, -Def; Armored Blow 3)
5* Young!Tiki (+Atk, -Spd; Armored Blow 3)
5* Katarina (+Res, -Spd; Swift Sparrow 2)
5* Boey (+Atk, -Spd; Earth Boost 3)
5* Delthea (+Res, -Atk; Death Blow 3)
5* Sonya (+Def, -Res; nothing, still at base)
5* Ephraim (+Spd, -Def; Attack +3)
5* Summer!Tiki (+Atk, -Res; nothing, still at base)
4* Robin (M) (+Spd, -HP; Defiant Spd 2)
4* Robin (F) (N/A; Defiant Res 2)
3* Cecilia, +1 (+Spd, -Def; Attack +1, still at base)

Should I give him to any of the above or wait and see if I pull someone who would like TA more than any of the units I listed?

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So, I have a 4* Roy but am unsure of who should get his Triangle Adept.

List of Candidates (Boon/Bane; current A skill)
5* Abel (+Spd, -Def; nothing, still needs training)
5* Catria (+Res, -Def; Armored Blow 3)
5* Young!Tiki (+Atk, -Spd; Armored Blow 3)
5* Katarina (+Res, -Spd; Swift Sparrow 2)
5* Boey (+Atk, -Spd; Earth Boost 3)
5* Delthea (+Res, -Atk; Death Blow 3)
5* Sonya (+Def, -Res; nothing, still at base)
5* Ephraim (+Spd, -Def; Attack +3)
5* Summer!Tiki (+Atk, -Res; nothing, still at base)
4* Robin (M) (+Spd, -HP; Defiant Spd 2)
4* Robin (F) (N/A; Defiant Res 2)
3* Cecilia, +1 (+Spd, -Def; Attack +1, still at base)

Should I give him to any of the above or wait and see if I pull someone who would like TA more than any of the units I listed?

Cecilia, Boey, or Mystery Tiki

Cecilia or Boey if you're planning on using a Gronnraven build for either of them. Tiki if you absolutely need her to tank Julia.

Should I feed my 5* Cain to give Reinhardt Wings of Mercy? Or should I give it to Azura/Ninian?

I'm cautious because he is the only source of Brave Sword+ I have and if I need it for someone, I'd have to promote another unit to pass it.
On the other hand, I don't have anyone that's needing a Brave Sword right now and WoM could help get some defenses on Arena.

Edited by Rinco

Thanks for the fast and profound answers everybody, really appreciated.  

Since Ninian got the only dragon exclusive buff, what C-Skills should I consider for Nowi, Tiki and Fae? 

Further, I consider giving Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid to Fae to make use of her renewal, as long it's not heavily recommended to give her Fury.

@Bartozio That's what I thought, fortify dancers sounds like a cool skill btw. :)

@XRay yes, the natures aren't perfect, but I like to use what I have. Playing since march, my first Fae and Nowi arrived just this week. Therefore I will not wait for better ones. Having no counter for Julia and Kagero is a real point though ...

@Ice Dragon thanks for the detailed answer. Since i never got an Henry, GTome breaker is not an option. Sword Breaker for Nowi it is then. 

14 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Should I feed my 5* Cain to give Reinhardt Wings of Mercy? Or should I give it to Azura/Ninian?

I'm cautious because he is the only source of Brave Sword+ I have and if I need it for someone, I'd have to promote another unit to pass it.
On the other hand, I don't have anyone that's needing a Brave Sword right now and WoM could help get some defenses on Arena.

Cain also gives Wings of Mercy as a 4*. Brave Sword is definitely the more valuable of the two to pass, so I would wait for another sword to come along.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Cain also gives Wings of Mercy as a 4*. Brave Sword is definitely the more valuable of the two to pass, so I would wait for another sword to come along.

I don't have a 4* Cain =[

13 minutes ago, Rinco said:

considering how large the pool of reds is and Cain being 4-5* exclusive, and the only other WoM option being Palla at 5* for 20k feathers, WoM is a little hard to get. depends on if you want to wait to pull another Cain (or drop 20-22k on a Palla..), and again, red pool is very big, and he isn't available at 3*. i myself haven't seen a single Cain since like March, and i'm not hoarding orbs at all which means a lot of pulls. on the other hand getting Brave Sword, if you rly feel a need and have the feathers, there's Draug, Cain, and Ogma which are all in the 4* pool and with Draug in 3*. it depends on how much you want WoM and if you'll be salty af if you get a 4* Cain later and wish you hadn't sacked that free Brave Sword+ i guess.

also because i never learn WoM dancer often messes me up in Arena runs lol.

I have 2 or 3 4* Ogmas sitting around in my barracks. I guess if I really need someone to inherit Brave Sword, I can go with the normal Brave Sword from Ogma until I get some feathers to upgrade it to Brave Sword+ with the other Ogma.

Besides, I already have some good melee sword users. Xander, Ryoma and Ike being the 3 more powerful.

So, If I were to give WoM to someone, is it better to go with a dancer or a nuker like Reinhardt? If Dancer, I have Ninian and Azura (also have 4* Olivia, but I like to have Axebreaker on her to get Hectors), which one would benefit more?

Azura is +Atk/-Res
Ninian is +1, +HP/-Def

Edited by Rinco

@Rinco Ok, never mind then.

Definitely give it to a Dancer. Reinhardt already has great Mov and 2 range without a warping skill, while Dancers can move anywhere on the map to give any ally another action, which makes them much less predictable. They also don't have to worry about landing on forests, which can be relevant for some arena rotations.

Edited by MrSmokestack

30 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks for the fast and profound answers everybody, really appreciated.  

Since Ninian got the only dragon exclusive buff, what C-Skills should I consider for Nowi, Tiki and Fae? 

Further, I consider giving Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid to Fae to make use of her renewal, as long it's not heavily recommended to give her Fury.

@Bartozio That's what I thought, fortify dancers sounds like a cool skill btw. :)

@XRay yes, the natures aren't perfect, but I like to use what I have. Playing since march, my first Fae and Nowi arrived just this week. Therefore I will not wait for better ones. Having no counter for Julia and Kagero is a real point though ...

@Ice Dragon thanks for the detailed answer. Since i never got an Henry, GTome breaker is not an option. Sword Breaker for Nowi it is then. 

For the C slot, since Ninian has Fortify Dragons covered, I'd suggest Hone Atk on the others, possibly with a Hone Spd, Spur Atk, or Drive Atk mixed in. That can at least make up for the sub-optimal natures.

Fae really likes having Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte to guarantee she makes short work of anyone with Blarblade or Dire Thunder, assuming she gets Lightning Breath(+). Renewal is nice, but you can get a similar effect by just putting Noontime or Sol on your units, taking advantage of the fact that Triangle Adept results in very high damage at advantage. Reciprocal Aid on at least one unit is still recommended, though.

With Swordbreaker, Nowi no longer has too many problems dealing with Falchions, meaning you can more comfortably run Fury if you don't have enough copies of Triangle Adept lying around.

If you don't have G Tomebreaker available, I'd suggest replacing Tiki with a non-dragon unit for safe measure for the time being.

17 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

considering how large the pool of reds is and Cain being 4-5* exclusive, and the only other WoM option being Palla at 5* for 20k feathers, WoM is a little hard to get. depends on if you want to wait to pull another Cain (or drop 20-22k on a Palla..), and again, red pool is very big, and he isn't available at 3*. i myself haven't seen a single Cain since like March, and i'm not hoarding orbs at all which means a lot of pulls. on the other hand getting Brave Sword, if you rly feel a need and have the feathers, there's Draug, Cain, and Ogma which are all in the 4* pool and with Draug in 3*. it depends on how much you want WoM and if you'll be salty af if you get a 4* Cain later and wish you hadn't sacked that free Brave Sword+ i guess.

also because i never learn WoM dancer often messes me up in Arena runs lol.

Frederick and Faye also have Wings of Mercy, but like Palla it's also 5-star-exclusive on them.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Frederick and Faye also have Wings of Mercy, but like Palla it's also 5-star-exclusive on them.

oh yeah, whoops. thanks for the correction. i swear every time i try to be helpful in this thread i flub something up but at least i have everyone else to keep me in check

21 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Ice Dragon good to know, thanks. That would be the first time noontime or sol to be useful for me (I merged all my 4* Chroms). Seems I'll have to do some serious SP grinding with those dragon ladies... 

I've gotten used to having Aether on my dragons, and the healing that it provides in Chain Challenge and Tempest Trials is enough to keep my sustain. I figure Sol or Noontime having lower cooldowns would also be useful, considering that the extra damage from Aether isn't necessary except against opponents like Felicia and Wrys, who you almost never see in the Arena.

I want to use one of my spare Pallas to pass along the flier skill, rather than her Moonbow. This will probably be more for the flying quest, but if I ever take fliers into the arena or whatever, it'd be nice to have a back up for match up reasons. Also since I'm usually forced to drag along Caeda it's ncie to have the option to not bring in 2 swords. I have every flier except Hinoka, Minerva, S. Camilla and (bafflingly) Clair. Many of them in duplicates, even.

I was thinking maybe Michalis sine he's generally bulky & strong enough that he wouldn't necessarily need the Goad boost as much as my other units, but is there a better go-to for this?