Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Explain.

Cancel Affinity does nothing against vanilla Litrraven, but it negates weapon triangle disadvantage if the Litrraven user also has Triangle Adept. Cancel Affinity is primarily useful for an Arena defense team (or for PvE maps with Triangle Adept Litrraven users) and isn't as useful for an Arena offense team.

It doesn't counter the Raven tome's actual effect, so TA Raven just becomes 0% bonus for Colorless. Which, I guess is what Colorless is supposed to be in the first place, but I feel like I'd rather put CA on someone else in that case.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It doesn't counter the Raven tome's actual effect, so TA Raven just becomes 0% bonus for Colorless. Which, I guess is what Colorless is supposed to be in the first place, but I feel like I'd rather put CA on someone else in that case.

It doesn't counter Litrraven's base effect because the English translation is inaccurate to its actual effect.

The main thing is that colorless is graced with not having weapon triangle disadvantage against anything except Litrraven, and because almost every Litrraven user uses Triangle Adept, Cancel Affinity makes colorless have weapon triangle disadvantage against almost nothing. It's basically guaranteed damage.

All other colors have the issue that they have weapon triangle disadvantage against an entire color, and Cancel Affinity can't get rid of that, just the few units that run Triangle Adept.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It doesn't counter Litrraven's base effect because the English translation is inaccurate to its actual effect.

I know it says it only counters TA from skills based on the Japanese description, but it also works on gem weapons I heard, so for a while I thought it would reverse Raven completely too.

The only Colorless attacker I have is Kagerou, and I'm not sure if I want to give up Vantage or Desperation anyway.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

but it also works on gem weapons I heard, so for a while I thought it would reverse Raven completely too.

Gem weapons and raven tomes work completely differently, though.
Gem weapons have inherent TA3, and raven tomes only have WTA over greys and not TA.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I know it says it only counters TA from skills based on the Japanese description, but it also works on gem weapons I heard, so for a while I thought it would reverse Raven completely too.

The only Colorless attacker I have is Kagerou, and I'm not sure if I want to give up Vantage or Desperation anyway.

It works on anything that "enhances" weapon triangle effects.

Litrraven simply gives advantage and disadvantage, but you're still at the standard 20% weapon triangle modifier, whereas Triangle Adept and gem weapons change the modifier itself.

Firesweep Bow and Brave Bow users are the best for Cancel Affinity since they often don't need their B slot. Kagerou is okay (it prevents Triangle Adept Litrraven infantry mages from blocking the damage bonus from Poison Dagger), but she actually has other useful skills for her B slot since she has trouble with non-infantry.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Gem weapons and raven tomes work completely differently, though.
Gem weapons have inherent TA3, and raven tomes only have WTA over greys and not TA.

Hmm, right. I see now.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

It works on anything that "enhances" weapon triangle effects.

Litrraven simply gives advantage and disadvantage, but you're still at the standard 20% weapon triangle modifier, whereas Triangle Adept and gem weapons change the modifier itself.

Firesweep Bow and Brave Bow users are the best for Cancel Affinity since they often don't need their B slot. Kagerou is okay (it prevents Triangle Adept Litrraven infantry mages from blocking the damage bonus from Poison Dagger), but she actually has other useful skills for her B slot since she has trouble with non-infantry.

Ah, I see. I'll hold on to Mathilda for now I guess. Thanks.

I need a seasonal revival banner...

8 hours ago, r_n said:

I want to use one of my spare Pallas to pass along the flier skill, rather than her Moonbow. This will probably be more for the flying quest, but if I ever take fliers into the arena or whatever, it'd be nice to have a back up for match up reasons. Also since I'm usually forced to drag along Caeda it's ncie to have the option to not bring in 2 swords. I have every flier except Hinoka, Minerva, S. Camilla and (bafflingly) Clair. Many of them in duplicates, even.

I was thinking maybe Michalis sine he's generally bulky & strong enough that he wouldn't necessarily need the Goad boost as much as my other units, but is there a better go-to for this?

I do not think it matters who you pass it to as long as it is not on your main flier attacker. If Michalis is your main green attacker, then give it to someone else. If he is not your main green attacker, then he can use it. For example, Cherche is my main green attacker, so I did not give her Goad Flier until Michalis and Narcian both got it. Similarly for my blue pegasus knights, I gave Shanna and Florina Goad Flier before Est, Catria, and Cordelia got theirs.

Edited by XRay

14 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not think it matters who you pass it to as long as it is not on your main flier attacker. If Michalis is your main green attacker, then give it to someone else. If he is not your main green attacker, then he can use it. For example, Cherche is my main green attacker, so I did not give her Goad Flier until Michalis and Narcian both got it. Similarly for my blue pegasus knights, I gave Shanna and Florina Goad Flier before Est, Catria, and Cordelia got theirs.

Makes sense, I'll probably look over my usual flying line ups before comitting then. Thanks!

So I pulled a duplicate Lucina- does anyone really any of her skills? I mean Aether would bump up points I guess, but other than that anything else? I might merge my neutral Lucina with her then if there's not anything.

Also what's a cheap build for Berkut? I think I'm going to have to rely on him for Tempest Trial bonus units (at least his blue would be good if final boss is Alm).

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

So I pulled a duplicate Lucina- does anyone really any of her skills? I mean Aether would bump up points I guess, but other than that anything else? I might merge my neutral Lucina with her then if there's not anything.

Also what's a cheap build for Berkut? I think I'm going to have to rely on him for Tempest Trial bonus units (at least his blue would be good if final boss is Alm).

Nope, basically Aether. Still good for bumping up points, so it's still a good idea.

I'm less sure on Berkut. Shame all the Heroes are 5* locked but him and Clive. Really want us to use the latter after his terrible showing in Echoes.

So, I have a question about the upcoming "free first summon" feature. I apologize if it was already asked, or if this is the wrong thread.

In the English version of the stream, this feature is mentioned but is explained in a pretty obscure way. So I was wondering something, for those who have watched and understood the Japanese version of the stream. Did the Japanese version explain whether you get to open a single stone or all five for this "free first summon"? Because I'm certain this wasn't clarified in English. Thank you in advance.

53 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I wouldn't focus to much on making Berkut a good unit if I were you (at least not if you're only using him for TT). You can just build him to support your main units instead. For instance, if you're using -blade tome mages, give him a buff aura and a rally that your other units don't already have (or double up on speed or attack buffs), if you're using horse units, give him a Hone/Ward cavalry. A reposition user is always nice if you're not going for a rally skill as assist. If you plan to use him as your main Alm counter, Sword Breaker might be a good B-skill.

9 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I wouldn't focus to much on making Berkut a good unit if I were you (at least not if you're only using him for TT). You can just build him to support your main units instead. For instance, if you're using -blade tome mages, give him a buff aura and a rally that your other units don't already have (or double up on speed or attack buffs), if you're using horse units, give him a Hone/Ward cavalry. A reposition user is always nice if you're not going for a rally skill as assist. If you plan to use him as your main Alm counter, Sword Breaker might be a good B-skill.

Hmmm good point actually. He'll probably replace Sharena in bladetome team so that could work, since I'm low on Reposition fodder anyway.

Still want him to do some damage as a physical attacker in a bladetome team- what special is recommended for him? Would Water Boost/Berkut's Lance effect stack with Iceberg or should I just go with Bonfire/Draconic Aura (those are my only special fodder that I have a lot of)?

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I pulled a +ATK -SPD Cherche (together with 4 Sully's ...), better use her or my old +ATK -DEF one? 

-spd IMO.  She's already getting doubled by most decent attackers but her color status and high defense will help her tank them fairly well despite getting hit twice.  The -def on the other hand gives her average defense, instead of exceptional defense.  +atk/-res would be ideal.

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

Got a +Spd/-HP Nino

What build is better on her?

L&D+Desperation or Fury+Desperation? Or something else?

What special skill?

Life and Death is always better when player-controlled if you can safely activate Desperation (either by attacking something that can counterattack and doesn't kill you or by using Ardent Sacrifice). If you aren't confident in being able to activate Desperation or don't have the resources for Life and Death, Fury is a suitable substitute.

Special skill doesn't really matter much. Moonbow is best for Arena, functionally speaking. Draconic Aura is best for Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges. Aether is best for Arena scoring.

16 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Is Cordelia better with + ATK or + SPD?

+Atk is almost always better for a Brave weapon user, especially one as fast as Cordelia.

19 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

How is Glimmer compare to Dragon Fang, Glacies, Luna, Bonfire, & Moonbow?

Glimmer is shit.

Draconic Aura, Bonfire, and Iceberg all deal fixed damage and have the same cooldown. Glimmer, on the other hand deals damage depending on the damage you dealt. Whenever you are dealing more damage with Glimmer than you are with another skill, you're almost always already one-hit killing the opponent with the other skill, but when you're dealing less damage with Glimmer, you are dealing less damage with Glimmer than with the other skill.

Dragon Fang, Ignis, and Glacies all out-damage Glimmer, but have a longer cooldown. These are build-specific skills based on a specific use for that unit.

Luna deals more damage the higher your opponent's damage mitigation. This means that if you would have dealt low damage, the opponent must have had high damage mitigation, and Luna helps make up for it in spades. Luna is preferred for characters with low values in all three of Atk, Def, and Res.

Moonbow serves a completely different purpose. It has a low cooldown, making it easy to activate, but it doesn't deal much damage, meaning it's mostly used for units that are missing one-round kills by single-digit damage. It's also the preferred special skill when using Wo Dao or Dark Excalibur to maximize the up-time of the weapon's effect.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

+Atk is almost always better for a Brave weapon user, especially one as fast as Cordelia.

Guess I can give those T.A someone else then

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Glimmer is shit.

Draconic Aura, Bonfire, and Iceberg all deal fixed damage and have the same cooldown. Glimmer, on the other hand deals damage depending on the damage you dealt. Whenever you are dealing more damage with Glimmer than you are with another skill, you're almost always already one-hit killing the opponent with the other skill, but when you're dealing less damage with Glimmer, you are dealing less damage with Glimmer than with the other skill.

Dragon Fang, Ignis, and Glacies all out-damage Glimmer, but have a longer cooldown. These are build-specific skills based on a specific use for that unit.

Luna deals more damage the higher your opponent's damage mitigation. This means that if you would have dealt low damage, the opponent must have had high damage mitigation, and Luna helps make up for it in spades. Luna is preferred for characters with low values in all three of Atk, Def, and Res.

Moonbow serves a completely different purpose. It has a low cooldown, making it easy to activate, but it doesn't deal much damage, meaning it's mostly used for units that are missing one-round kills by single-digit damage. It's also the preferred special skill when using Wo Dao or Dark Excalibur to maximize the up-time of the weapon's effect.

& that's a lot of Beruka to get rid of.

Thx for the answer always Ice

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Guess I can give those T.A someone else then

& that's a lot of Beruka to get rid of.

Thx for the answer always Ice

You can keep a few for Killer Axe. I think the only other characters with Killer Axe are Sheena and Hawkeye.