"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

How good is Celica? I have Sanaki and Tharja both maxed and optimized but if she's better would like to get her while banner is up. 

Celica is wielding the tome Ragnarok exclusive to her. the attack power is exceeded only by Effie, and her speed is surpassed only by Lon'qu when her hp is full.  Celica's success in battle hinges on her ability to use Ragnarok to its maximum potential while avoiding the penalties. Without full hp, she is a weaker Tharja. In other words she is just as good as Tharja, but need to  workaround her cons. 

Edited by Jingle Jangle

8 hours ago, Personette said:

What about a bulky healer with Pain? 

Haven't you ever thought, "Oh, who cares about that healer, can't hurt me," and then it does some pathetic amount of damage + 10 and all of a sudden you're dead? 

lol so many time's i've thought that, yes. the healers in the training tower are monsters. in theory i like this idea, but there isn't really a healer yet with stats that are up to standard. Azama has some nice defense, but his speed means getting doubled to death and his Res isn't good enough to tank two hits, most mages will have their way with him. but yeah now that i think, not only Pain but things like Fear and Panic would be a great fit, and they can [AOE] heal the team too which makes it even more annoying.. there just isn't a healer yet that has both good magic and physical bulk and the speed to not be doubled. hm..if only Lissa had speed..28 def and 30 res. a +spd Sakura with +3 spd A might work, 24 defense isn't awful or anything, and 36 spd, 30 res.. now you've got me thinkin'..

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Fun Fact, +Res/-Atk Azama with Distant Defense and HP+3 Sacred Seal survives neutral everyone except Sonya. Even then, just slap on G Tomebreaker and Azama will survive everything! Well, for 1 turn. (Although if Azama inititates, then he loses to Kagero).

..oh..interesting..and i did pull a -Atk/+Res Celica recently..is that assuming that his Threaten Atk skill was applied?

update: +Spd/-Atk Sakura with +3 Spd A slot and HP +3 Seal survives everything neutral but Hector (if she initiates because QR ghjshg).

Edited by wizzard of soz

1 hour ago, Sleypnyr said:

How good is Celica? I have Sanaki and Tharja both maxed and optimized but if she's better would like to get her while banner is up. 

She's good, but not that much better then Tharja.

Tharja has slightly better offensive stats (+1 Speed, same Attack), so she's better for a -Blade Tome build. RawrBlade hits harder then Ragnarok when buffed, but Ragnarok also gives a speed boost and doesn't require being buffed to deal a ton of damage.

Basicly, Tharja is better with support, Cecilia is better as a stand alone mage. I personaly prefer Tharja as a unit since I feel allies should run buffs as C-skills anyway, so I'd only pull for her if you like her as a character, you want a bonus unit for the TT or you just like having another good red mage (I'm going to try pulling her for all of those reasons anyway).

26 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

She's good, but not that much better then Tharja.

Tharja has slightly better offensive stats (+1 Speed, same Attack), so she's better for a -Blade Tome build. RawrBlade hits harder then Ragnarok when buffed, but Ragnarok also gives a speed boost and doesn't require being buffed to deal a ton of damage.

Basicly, Tharja is better with support, Cecilia is better as a stand alone mage. I personaly prefer Tharja as a unit since I feel allies should run buffs as C-skills anyway, so I'd only pull for her if you like her as a character, you want a bonus unit for the TT or you just like having another good red mage (I'm going to try pulling her for all of those reasons anyway).

@Sleypnyr

Assuming +3/4/0/2 buffs (Renais), Ragnarok is a total of +22/9/0/2 and Raudhrblade+ is a total of +25/4/0/2.

With +4/4/0/0 buffs (separate Hones), Ragnarok is +23/9/0/0 and Raudhrblade+ is +25/4/0/0.

With +3/3/0/0 buffs (Rally Atk/Spd), Ragnarok is +22/8/0/0 and Raudhrblade+ is +22/4/0/0.

With +4/0/0/0 buffs, Ragnarok is +23/5/0/0 and Raudhrblade+ is +21/0/0/0.

With +0/4/0/0 buffs, Ragnarok is +19/9/0/0 and Raudhrblade+ is +17/4/0/0.

For infantry (well, Celica since she's the only unit capable of using Ragnarok), Ragnarok is comparable in damage to Raudhrblade+ with standard buff schemes, but always has the +5 Spd benefit.

Ragnarok's main downside is that it doesn't go well with Desperation due to losing its +5/5 when not at full health, meaning you're taking counterattack damage. On the other hand, you will likely be running Renewal and possibly Reciprocal Aid, both of which help improve the up-time of Ragnarok.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 hours ago, Topaz Light said:

[...]

• Firesweep Lance+
  • Life and Death 3
  • Knock Back (I wanted Hit and Run but that's Clair-exclusive, so eh)
  • [...]

Actually, I'm planning to give hit and run to Cordelia, as soon as I get that 4* Clive in Tempest trials for 6000 points (that should happen tomorrow). 

7 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

lol so many time's i've thought that, yes. the healers in the training tower are monsters. in theory i like this idea, but there isn't really a healer yet with stats that are up to standard. Azama has some nice defense, but his speed means getting doubled to death and his Res isn't good enough to tank two hits, most mages will have their way with him. but yeah now that i think, not only Pain but things like Fear and Panic would be a great fit, and they can [AOE] heal the team too which makes it even more annoying.. there just isn't a healer yet that has both good magic and physical bulk and the speed to not be doubled. hm..if only Lissa had speed..28 def and 30 res. a +spd Sakura with +3 spd A might work, 24 defense isn't awful or anything, and 36 spd, 30 res.. now you've got me thinkin'..

..oh..interesting..and i did pull a -Atk/+Res Celica recently..is that assuming that his Threaten Atk skill was applied?

update: +Spd/-Atk Sakura with +3 Spd A slot and HP +3 Seal survives everything neutral but Hector (if she initiates because QR ghjshg).

No threaten attack was applied in those calcs

Dazzling Staff Sakura metagame? Maybe with Savage Blow like the Sakura whale? How does she do when being attacked?

Edited by mcsilas

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

No threaten attack was applied in those calcs

Dazzling Staff Sakura metagame? How does she do when being attacked?

wow nice. Dazzling Staff with Pain sounds truly annoying. she loses to 3: Klein, Luke, and Hana. i have a feeling that any properly built Brave user will be able to KO her, except unbuffed Reindhart. 

15 hours ago, Topaz Light said:

[Firesweep Catria questions]

I would go Drag Back over Knock Back if you have it (actually...you might even consider making it the 3rd pass-down from Roderick if you don't care about Drive Def or Rally Def/Res). It's closer to Hit and Run, for starters. Knock Back might have interesting/niche "keep enemies in range of Savage Blow" applications, but...idk how well that would play out in an actual battle. Speaking of Savage Blow, Goad Fliers would be better for a flier team, if you have a spare Palla/plan on putting her on a flier team. Otherwise, I guess Savage Blow would work.

As for support from teammates...the usual Atk & Spd hones or rallies (Hone Fliers being optimal, obviously, but you could work with normal Hones...or Hone Spd Delthea...that'd be a pretty solid choice for a non-flier team, if she's available), and either a Draw Back or Reposition.

Off the top of my head, I would give her Draconic Aura or even keep her natural Luna over giving her Moonbow. The reasoning there being that, if she doubles her enemies (not unreasonable with 39 unbuffed Spd), she would activate either a 2-charge special or a 3-charge special on the 2nd round of combat. That said, I haven't actually run the numbers to see if running Draconic/Luna improves her matchups that much more than Moonbow. I guess you could go Quickened Pulse/Moonbow too, assuming you have QP and won't be running it on someone else on the team.

Reposition would be a solid assist choice for her to run herself. I've been running Summer Corrin on my Arena team and having a flying Reposition unit to flip my units over terrain (like from one bridge to the other on the bridge map) is hilarious.

Edited by LordFrigid

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

If I give Sword Breaker to any of my Brave Sword user, will he be able to strike 4 times or is it still only 2? How much is SPD a factor in this?

He'll hit a Sword user without a Swordbreaker of their own 4 times. Spd is only a factor if the enemy has a Swordbreaker. In this case, your unit's guaranteed follow up from his Swordbreaker is canceled by the enemy's Swordbreaker (and vice versa). Then, any doubling is determined by the normal Spd calculation (so he'll still hit 4 times if he has at least 5 more Spd). See here for more details on the interaction of skills that guarantee and prevent follow-up attacks.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

He'll hit a Sword user without a Swordbreaker of their own 4 times. Spd is only a factor if the enemy has a Swordbreaker. In this case, your unit's guaranteed follow up from his Swordbreaker is canceled by the enemy's Swordbreaker (and vice versa). Then, any doubling is determined by the normal Spd calculation (so he'll still hit 4 times if he has at least 5 more Spd). See here for more details on the interaction of skills that guarantee and prevent follow-up attacks.

That's sounds pretty promising there, thx for the answer.

2 minutes ago, Awakening Chrom said:

Breath of life 3 (C skill) will stack with breath of life 1 (S skill)? I mean, it will increase to 10 hp instead of 7 hp?

Yes. I'm actually running that on my Julia in the Tempest Trials now.

3 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

wow nice. Dazzling Staff with Pain sounds truly annoying. she loses to 3: Klein, Luke, and Hana. i have a feeling that any properly built Brave user will be able to KO her, except unbuffed Reindhart. 

Add Savage Blow to disable any Quick Riposte/breaker users around the target!

would also be interestinG if you get the Atk ploy sacred seal from TT

@Awakening Chrom if you ever get a Linde it also stacks with her weapon's Breath of Life effect for even more healing!

In wanting to have the best version of Clive possible, I've come up with a set that I need opinions on, because god knows that I can't think of anything else...

Boy Band Nowi

Spoiler

Italics is what I will personally consider using most of all.

• Weapon: Sapphire Lance+/Silver Lance+
  • Assist: Flexible (Reposition or Swap considered)
  • Special: Flexible Special (Bonfire, Noontime, Aegis, and Sacred Cowl considered)
  • Passive A: Triangle Adept 3/Fury 3/Distant Counter
  • Passive B: Quick Riposte 3
  • Passive C: Flexible C slot (most likely a Hone skill)
  • Sacred Seal: HP +3/Squad Ace 1 or Attack Ploy 1

Basically, if it wasn't easy to tell, have Clive be a counter to Red Sword units. Silver Lance+ TA3 has no drawbacks beyond no stat increases, while Sapphire Lance+ and Fury 3 has the same power as Silver L+ with additional stats in all other areas, but at the cost of 6 damage after all combat, which technically doesn't synergize well with QR3, but the damage he takes from Sword units (not named Gray) is nonexistent at worst, so it should work out so long as a healer is ready to get him back into QR3 range.

In my opinion, Distant Counter is his best option, as he does take a lot of damage from Red Mages, but he can still outright OHKO most, if not all, of them.

While I acknowledge Reposition being powerful, Swap is being considered because it may allow for Clive to save an ally unit from a bad matchup or allow him to get into a good matchup easily.

I considered my Special skill options as to what gives him the most extra, but really TA3 triangle advantage plus Quick Riposte are really all Clive needs to get the matchups he desires, so what I decided instead was to give him a defensive special. Noontime can quickly recover any damage taken from mages without any Healer assistance, where Aegis shuts down most of the damage that Clive would have taken from a mage. Sacred Cowl is simply a lower cooldown but weaker version of Aegis.

The reason why this is the build I came up with is because of Nowi, the original TA3 Distant Counter Blue. She's good, sure, and her defensive ability is better than Clive by a mile (at least if we're talking Resistance), but Clive has the advantage of 3 movement, access to Horse Emblem, no Special Cooldown +1 penalty, and most importantly to me, no Falchion weakness, and Clive can still initiate combat against most Red Mages and OHKO them where Nowi has to get around their usually high Resistance stat.

Berkut may be able to run this set better due to higher Attack, Armor-level speed that guarantees everyone outspeeds him (thus letting him guarantee a 3 charge special is charged by the time he follows up), and 5 additional points in Resistance to tank magic slightly better (notably not being forced out of QR3 range against a +4 all stat +Spd -HP Tharja), but I do have slight issue with the fact, largely that the two are so similar but Berkut does have some level of specialization with his Berkut's Lance whereas Clive has no specialization. Plus Clive probably looks better with a Sapphire Lance anyways.

In an All vs One situation (on KageroChart's calculator) using the skills bolded, Clive's matchups are 80 wins, 20 losses, and 52 draws. 97 favorable, 38 unfavorable, and 17 other. Please note, in doing these calculations as of 8/11/2017 at 9:08 pm PDT, Clive has not officially been added to KageroChart's Calculator. I simply punched his stats into a custom Blue Lance Cavalier.

Anyways, if you have anything you wanna tell me about the build I came up with, please tell. This has to be the most invested I've ever been in a unit, and of course it's the unit that most people probably don't even care about.

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

In wanting to have the best version of Clive possible, I've come up with a set that I need opinions on, because god knows that I can't think of anything else...

Boy Band Nowi

Hide contents

Italics is what I will personally consider using most of all.

• Weapon: Sapphire Lance+/Silver Lance+
  • Assist: Flexible (Reposition or Swap considered)
  • Special: Flexible Special (Bonfire, Noontime, Aegis, and Sacred Cowl considered)
  • Passive A: Triangle Adept 3/Fury 3/Distant Counter
  • Passive B: Quick Riposte 3
  • Passive C: Flexible C slot (most likely a Hone skill)
  • Sacred Seal: HP +3/Squad Ace 1 or Attack Ploy 1

Basically, if it wasn't easy to tell, have Clive be a counter to Red Sword units. Silver Lance+ TA3 has no drawbacks beyond no stat increases, while Sapphire Lance+ and Fury 3 has the same power as Silver L+ with additional stats in all other areas, but at the cost of 6 damage after all combat, which technically doesn't synergize well with QR3, but the damage he takes from Sword units (not named Gray) is nonexistent at worst, so it should work out so long as a healer is ready to get him back into QR3 range.

In my opinion, Distant Counter is his best option, as he does take a lot of damage from Red Mages, but he can still outright OHKO most, if not all, of them.

While I acknowledge Reposition being powerful, Swap is being considered because it may allow for Clive to save an ally unit from a bad matchup or allow him to get into a good matchup easily.

I considered my Special skill options as to what gives him the most extra, but really TA3 triangle advantage plus Quick Riposte are really all Clive needs to get the matchups he desires, so what I decided instead was to give him a defensive special. Noontime can quickly recover any damage taken from mages without any Healer assistance, where Aegis shuts down most of the damage that Clive would have taken from a mage. Sacred Cowl is simply a lower cooldown but weaker version of Aegis.

The reason why this is the build I came up with is because of Nowi, the original TA3 Distant Counter Blue. She's good, sure, and her defensive ability is better than Clive by a mile (at least if we're talking Resistance), but Clive has the advantage of 3 movement, access to Horse Emblem, no Special Cooldown +1 penalty, and most importantly to me, no Falchion weakness, and Clive can still initiate combat against most Red Mages and OHKO them where Nowi has to get around their usually high Resistance stat.

Berkut may be able to run this set better due to higher Attack, Armor-level speed that guarantees everyone outspeeds him (thus letting him guarantee a 3 charge special is charged by the time he follows up), and 5 additional points in Resistance to tank magic slightly better (notably not being forced out of QR3 range against a +4 all stat +Spd -HP Tharja), but I do have slight issue with the fact, largely that the two are so similar but Berkut does have some level of specialization with his Berkut's Lance whereas Clive has no specialization. Plus Clive probably looks better with a Sapphire Lance anyways.

In an All vs One situation (on KageroChart's calculator) using the skills bolded, Clive's matchups are 80 wins, 20 losses, and 52 draws. 97 favorable, 38 unfavorable, and 17 other. Please note, in doing these calculations as of 8/11/2017 at 9:08 pm PDT, Clive has not officially been added to KageroChart's Calculator. I simply punched his stats into a custom Blue Lance Cavalier.

Anyways, if you have anything you wanna tell me about the build I came up with, please tell. This has to be the most invested I've ever been in a unit, and of course it's the unit that most people probably don't even care about.

I personally prefer Moonbow to kill as many units as possible during his first round of combat, since that is when Enemy Phase units perform their best with max HP.

Sapphire Lance and Distant Counter would be his best option if you need to specifically kill red units.

The beta version of the new calculator is up, but there might be some bugs and mistakes in it, so the ratios will be a bit off. I know for sure Frederick has the wrong neutral Speed in the calculator, so other units might have some minor mistakes as well.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I probably don't need to ask this, but Ninian is better off being +Spd/-Res than neutral right? My luck just gifted me with a second Ninian when I was trying to snipe reds for Ike on Hero Fest.

Yes.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I personally prefer Moonbow to kill as many units as possible during his first round of combat, since that is when Enemy Phase units perform their best with max HP.

Sapphire Lance and Distant Counter would be his best option if you need to specifically kill red units.

The beta version of the new calculator is up, but there might be some bugs and mistakes in it, so the ratios will be a bit off. I know for sure Frederick has the wrong neutral Speed in the calculator, so other units might have some minor mistakes as well.

i honestly don't know what else he COULD do. His speed is too low to make very good use of, his Attack is in a weird "average", area, and his Resistance makes even doing the SapL+ DC build a tad risky.

Deft Harpoon could be nifty in theory, but it doesn't feel like he can really take good advantage of the bonus effects all that well. Plus I failed to get a SumRobin, so...

I strongly believe this is the best that Clive can do. It certainly isn't a set he excels in, but it certainly beats being a semi-lackluster Brave Lance user where Peri, Berkut, and Abel operate just fine for current Cavalry standards.

10 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Best A and B skill for Flier Emblem Palla? Mine has neutral IVs right now, if I pull one with +Atk or +Spd, I'll use that one.

Edit: I'll likely keep Ruby Sword and Moonbow on her.

Darting Blow might work well on her. Default Wings of Mercy are fine, but you also might consider Drag Back or Swordbreaker.