"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

i have three questions:

Would a (+spd,-hp) Nino appreciated Life and death or Fury more?

Should a (+atk,-hp) Ninian have Triangle Adept or Fury?

How am I supposed to make the C slot work? I could not figure out what units would like home atk, spd, def, and goad skills in team composition. This applies to horse and flies emblem teams. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

i have three questions:

Would a (+spd,-hp) Nino appreciated Life and death or Fury more?

Should a (+atk,-hp) Ninian have Triangle Adept or Fury?

How am I supposed to make the C slot work? I could not figure out what units would like home atk, spd, def, and goad skills in team composition. This applies to horse and flies emblem teams. 

1. I personally prefer Fury, because it gives her an easier time as a Reinhardt counter. Life and Death gives her more kills on PP though, so it kind of depends on what you need (if she's your main Reinhardt counter, go Fury, if you have other ways to deal with him, go LaD).

2. I prefer TA or Gem weapons on dancers, because it means they can reliably deal with the color they have an advantage over (red in this case). It does mean green units destroy her though, and I know some people don't like the thought of that.

3. Generally speaking, Nukes (mostly Brave users, along with special cases like Eliwood) want Hone Cavalry/Flyer support, while tanky units (Xander, Michealis) and -Blade tome users also like Fortify Cavalry/Flyer support. I'd personally prefer to give a Brave weapon user Fortify as an C-slot (since he doesn't need it) and most other units Hone. Maybe give a fourth unit Fortify as well if there's enough units who want that boost. A fourth unit could also run Goad/Ward instead.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Most people go with Hone Attack or Hone Speed to buff their Blade mage if they do not have a dedicated buffer like Eirika.

On pony and flier teams, I generally prefer 2 Hone Cavalry/Flier and 2 Fortify Cavalry/Flier so everyone can get a solid +6/+6/+6/+6 buff.

31 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Which is the lesser of two evils between +Def/-Spd and +Res/-Atk for Summer!Leo?

Usually, -Atk is the lessor of two evils since it can fixed with Blades, but Leo is kind of special like a few other slow units out there.

He is not going to double unless you get a +Spd nature and give him Life and Death, so getting -Atk is a bit pointless if he does not have +Spd, and his Resistance is already so high that having more is not necessary. I would use him as a red Julia to counter Julias and Cecilias. I would go with the [-Spd, +Def] and give him Triangle Adept so he can either go with a Raven build or function as a wall of death against green mages with a buffed Blade.

Edited by XRay

Could use some advice on how good these natures are on some 3 and 4* pulls. I care mostly about PvE modes like Tempest Trials then I do about Arena, so assume these guys stick with their base weapons unless I mention otherwise.

Spoiler

Sophia +Atk/-Def. She would lose 4 defense points instead of 3 as a 5 star, and her speed is famously unsalvageable. Are the three extra points in speed worth the fragility versus physical weapons? She would ultimately be a TA raven user, I'm pretty well convinced that +Def/-Spd would be better for that scenario.

Raigh +Atk/-Hp. 

Selena +Atk/-HP. Gains 4 points of atk.

Hana +Spd/-Res. Loses 4 points of Res.

Cain +Atk/-Def.

Subaki +Spd/-Res.

M!Robin +Def/-HP. Loses 4 points of HP

Odin +Atk/-HP OR +Atk/-Res

Nino +Spd/-HP

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I had a +spd -HP Bartre, but I just pulled a +atk -def one. Which one is worth using more?

Should you take him all the way to 5 star rarity, the +spd amounts to 4 points instead of 3. 29 speed (32 w/Fury 3) is a pretty respectable amount for avoiding doubles from blues, so I'd pick that one. Plus his defense is left intact for bonfire/ignis if that was your plan of special. The +Atk might be preferred if you're thinking of making a brave user like people do with Cherche and her similar stat spread, but if that really is your plan, I'd wait for a HP or Res bane to keep his great natural defense.

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Should you take him all the way to 5 star rarity, the +spd amounts to 4 points instead of 3. 29 speed (32 w/Fury 3) is a pretty respectable amount for avoiding doubles from blues, so I'd pick that one. Plus his defense is left intact for bonfire/ignis if that was your plan of special. The +Atk might be preferred if you're thinking of making a brave user like people do with Cherche and her similar stat spread, but if that really is your plan, I'd wait for a HP or Res bane to keep his great natural defense.

Eh ... I don't think I have the patience to give Bartre a brave axe. He will probably be 4-star level 40 forever until I actually get enough feathers to promote everyone in my roster. In that case, I'll just stick with the +spd one then. Thanks!

Also, as for your characters ... your Nino is great. I've heard people say that a -def bane is preferable, but I think -HP would also work. I have the same Tsubaki and he works very well. Just don't throw him at anything that's not red, and be careful around red mages. That said, the good news is that he doesn't care if he gets doubled by swords as long as you keep Sapphire Lance. If you want Sophia to tank and have TA, I guess defense will be more important than having extra attack. Odin could likely go with either one. Robin loses 4 points in every bane minus resistance. Mine is a +spd -atk m!Robin I've had for a very long time, and he still works. Personally, I'd go with a +spd one but I think +def could still work?

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, as for your characters ... your Nino is great. I've heard people say that a -def bane is preferable, but I think -HP would also work. I have the same Tsubaki and he works very well. Just don't throw him at anything that's not red, and be careful around red mages. That said, the good news is that he doesn't care if he gets doubled by swords as long as you keep Sapphire Lance. If you want Sophia to tank and have TA, I guess defense will be more important than having extra attack. Odin could likely go with either one. Robin loses 4 points in every bane minus resistance. Mine is a +spd -atk m!Robin I've had for a very long time, and he still works. Personally, I'd go with a +spd one but I think +def could still work?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm liking the look of +Def for Robin because I'm thinking of TA and Swordbreaker/Bowbreaker. The added defense can keep his breaker online for more rounds, and the breaker itself should help him avoid doubles from swordies/archers as well. Leaning towards swordbreaker. I also want him to be competent against Red mages too, so keeping his Res intact seemed like a good idea to me. 

24 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

What would be a good Sacred Seal to give to Ninian?

With HP+3 on a +HP Ninian, she can Panic Ploy a lot of units.

So I have a quick question.

I'm about to promote my Cherche to 5* and give her a Brave Axe (I have the 20K feathers and a 5* Camilla, but I want to unlock her conversation first), and I was wondering what would be a good B-skill. I'm mostly considering Hit and Run from Clive and axe Breaker from a Laslow, but other advice would be appreciated as well.

She's +Atk -Hp and will mostly be used in teams consisting of other nukes (Reinhardt, Klein, Nino, etc.) and a dancer if that relevant.

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

So I have a quick question.

I'm about to promote my Cherche to 5* and give her a Brave Axe (I have the 20K feathers and a 5* Camilla, but I want to unlock her conversation first), and I was wondering what would be a good B-skill. I'm mostly considering Hit and Run from Clive and axe Breaker from a Laslow, but other advice would be appreciated as well.

She's +Atk -Hp and will mostly be used in teams consisting of other nukes (Reinhardt, Klein, Nino, etc.) and a dancer if that relevant.

My Cherche got Axebreaker and it did her quite well. My consideration was this: If she goes for a mage or blue melee, she kills him outright, no need to retreat. If she goes to attack an axe user, it would be better to kill him (with help of axe breaker a more or less sure thing). In comparison to other nukes she got decent DEF, she can soak one or two counters. 

I have a question of my own: I just pulled Hector +ATK -SPD, do i keep him, or my original +SPD-ATK one? -ATK didn't hurt him as much as i thought ... 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

My Cherche got Axebreaker and it did her quite well. My consideration was this: If she goes for a mage or blue melee, she kills him outright, no need to retreat. If she goes to attack an axe user, it would be better to kill him (with help of axe breaker a more or less sure thing). In comparison to other nukes she got decent DEF, she can soak one or two counters. 

I have a question of my own: I just pulled Hector +ATK -SPD, do i keep him, or my original +SPD-ATK one? -ATK didn't hurt him as much as i thought ... 

I will keep both and use them on a defense team. I will only merge Hectors and Reinhardts if you have more than three or four.

@XRay

Just did the nohrian summer/ sacred stones chain challenge and got killed by fast moving armors. My idea is to set up the same situation with my defense team with 2x Hector + Amelia. 

I just have to decide how to SI 2nd Hector (first one got vantage and swap) and Amelia. 

Edited by mampfoid
Added mention

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@XRay

Just did the nohrian summer/ sacred stones chain challenge and got killed by fast moving armors. My idea is to set up the same situation with my defense team with 2x Hector + Amelia. 

I just have to decide how to SI 2nd Hector (first one got vantage and swap) and Amelia. 

If you have Cancel Affinity, your second Hector can use that along with Moonbow and Hardy Bearing. Your Vantage Hector can use Bonfire if it does not have a Special already, it could also use Ignis if you give it Quickened Pulse. If you get more Hectors in the future, you can either go with triple Hectors or give Amelia Distant Counter.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you have Cancel Affinity, your second Hector can use that along with Moonbow and Hardy Bearing. Your Vantage Hector can use Bonfire if it does not have a Special already, it could also use Ignis if you give it Quickened Pulse. If you get more Hectors in the future, you can either go with triple Hectors or give Amelia Distant Counter.

No cancel affinity available until now and ~3000 points away from Hardy bearings seal. Moonbow/Bonfire is a good idea, first Hector is still using his default special. Since my first Hector is +SPD, I wanted to give him phantom speed seal to prevent wind sweep and as an offensive special moonbow. Second Hector would get QP seal and Bonfire and vantage (?) or later hardy bearing seal and Wings of Mercy. 

I'd really like another Colourless 5* Unit and currently have a 4* Clarisse from her GHB: is she worth promoting? I've checked the Gamepress and Gamepedia Tier Lists* and she ranks decently on both.

Second question: I have some money on my Google Play account from surveys but for some reason FEH doesn't acknowledge it (it says my wallet is empty when I try to buy Orbs). However I once bought something in another game with the same free cash. I asked FEH's customer service about it and they told me Google had to fix it, but before I ask them has this happened to any of you? This totally isn't me preparing to maybe plunge into paid Summons.

* Are there any "accepted" Tier Lists here?

28 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'd really like another Colourless 5* Unit and currently have a 4* Clarisse from her GHB: is she worth promoting? I've checked the Gamepress and Gamepedia Tier Lists* and she ranks decently on both.

Not really, but I don't mind the Gamepedia one that much. I'm suprised B-tier is considered decent though :P

Clarisse is a decent archer, but there's several better ones out there. Klein and George aren't that rare, and +Atk Setsuna can pretty much do everything Clarisse can do better. I personally wouldn't invest in her, since you don't often come into a situation where you specificly want a colorless unit (they don't cover other colors, and even against flyer emblem hitting hard enough is rarely the issue) and there's a lot of better units out there you could also invest in.

That's from a meta perspective though. If you really like Clarisse or really want to use an archer, you should go ahead and promote her. She can be made to work with the right set, and using units you like is generally more fun then just using the same OP units evryone uses.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

No cancel affinity available until now and ~3000 points away from Hardy bearings seal. Moonbow/Bonfire is a good idea, first Hector is still using his default special. Since my first Hector is +SPD, I wanted to give him phantom speed seal to prevent wind sweep and as an offensive special moonbow. Second Hector would get QP seal and Bonfire and vantage (?) or later hardy bearing seal and Wings of Mercy. 

Bonfire and Ignise (with Quickened Pulse) goes well with Vantage because Hector has high bulk and low speed, ensuring that when he attacks, he is going to get doubled and survive, so his 3 cooldown Special and Vantage is ready to kill something.

If you use Vantage, do not use Hardy Bearing on the same unit since that skill cancels out Vantage.

I have enough money to buy 3 Orbs in my Google Play Wallet, earned from Google Opinion Rewards (i..e surveys). However, when I try to make the transaction the Google Play pop-up tells me my Wallet is empty (and shows me having $0.00). However, I'm able to buy stuff in other games via the same source of income with no issues. I asked FEH's Customer Support about it a while back and they told me to ask Google. Google's FAQ tells me to ask "the game developer" and I've been "joining" a Live Chat for quote a while now.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any advice? How am I supposed to give IS all my money when I literally can't give them all my money?

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I do not think there any accepted tier lists due to different play styles and priorities. Even on Serenes Forest, you have a wide range of different play styles, from players who like the more relaxed play style of using Hector to players like me who like hyper aggressive ranged nukes with Dancer/Singer support.

In my own subjective tier list, I would never place any melee units in the first tier besides Dancers/Singer. Hector would be an above average unit but definitely not at the top.

The top characters in a tier list are generally relatively consistent. I would ignore tiers entirely and just focus on the top 30 units, which should represent the top 20% of the entire cast. In addition to random tier names and arbitrary requirements for each teir, many tier lists have different tier sizes, so an S+ in one list is not necessarily the same as an AAA in another tier list.

As a general rule, if you cannot decide for yourself whether a character is good, you should consult multiple tier lists and see who ranks in the top 30 in multiple tier lists.

Also, if you like a character, then just invest in them anyways. Most players have enough optimized, over powered characters that they can include a less powerful character on their team, although you might have to switch that character out in the normal Arena as you rise through the ranks. Clarisse is definitely viable in Arena Assault since you get to see the enemies before hand.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

How am I supposed to give IS all my money when I literally can't give them all my money?

File a complaint to Goddess Anna when you pray to her.

Edited by XRay

36 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

How does giving Lightning Breath+ to a -Spd +HP Fae sound if I want to use her as a Reinhardt counter? Do I need TA? I don't have fodder for it. Should I put Panic Ploy on her? Should I keep Renewal or give her QR2/3?

Triangle Adept for sure if you want her to be a wall of death against blue units. Quick Riposte allows her to kill any standard Reinhardt no matter what merge level he is. Renewal is not very viable in the Arena in my opinion since the damage dealt in there is so high that no form of healing can keep up.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Triangle Adept for sure if you want her to be a wall of death against blue units. Quick Riposte allows her to kill any standard Reinhardt no matter what merge level he is. Renewal is not very viable in the Arena in my opinion since the damage dealt in there is so high that no form of healing can keep up.

thank u