"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

7 hours ago, Rinco said:

Cordelia benefits more from L&D or could Deathblow work fine on her?

I've pulled an extra 5* Hawkeye (yay, free pull!) and she's the only unit I have (that already don't have DB) that I imagine would make use of it.

I can also wait on it and see if I pull anyone that needs DB.

Life and Death. Unless the unit is around 25 Speed or lower, Life and Death is generaly superior.

3 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Is 5* Clive good for fodder? There's probably a 0% chance that I will actually use him

I usually keep at least one of each free unit for use in Grand Hero Battles. He is a free 5*, so YouTubers may decide to use him one day.

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I was seriously thinking about promoting Cordelia until realize that I have 7 spare Cordelia. Would it be better to promote her to a 5* unit or merge her?

My current best 4* Cordelia has +ATK,-HP

I think 4*+6/7 is about the same as 5*+0/1/2. 4*+10 is about the same as 5*+4/5.

11 minutes ago, CorruptedChrome said:

Alright , you've guys have helped me with my horse emblem team , you've helped me with my flier team , and now I come seeking advice on how to build ..... armor emblem!

I thibk think I have everyone but hector , so I can't let it revolve around distant counter . But will revolve around march . Anyone got ideas on what C skill and move skill each unit should have ? 

Just build them as if they were infantry units since you are using Armor March. I would use two Armor March and two Hone/Fortify Armor. Since they are like infantry units now, I would use Reposition instead of Swap.

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

By the way: what happens if you want to merge a 4* +10 unit and another 4* or 5*, to give that +10 unit a better nature. Is that possible? 

The 4* devouring the 4*+10 will keep its own nature and become 4*+10 as well as getting some SP and all the unlearned and learned skills. 5* devouring any 4* will get SP and all the unlearned and learned skills, but not merge levels.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

[...]

The 4* devouring the 4*+10 will keep its own nature and become 4*+10 as well as getting some SP and all the unlearned and learned skills. 5* devouring any 4* will get SP and all the unlearned and learned skills, but not merge levels.

That's great, so +10 units are not locked to their nature. I'm planning to merge some of my 4* as far as I get them (Chrom, Cherche, Olivia, Oboro, Virion, Setsuna ... even Raigh becomes a useful unit that way). 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

That's great, so +10 units are not locked to their nature. I'm planning to merge some of my 4* as far as I get them (Chrom, Cherche, Olivia, Oboro, Virion, Setsuna ... even Raigh becomes a useful unit that way). 

Yeah, the character's inventory, "memory," or whatever you call it can jump between characters.

18 hours ago, mcsilas said:

As for Ike I gave him Vantage from the many Lon'qus anyway since I needed barracks space but I'll go with QR once I train a Subaki up. Maybe Vantage will be useful for a GHB or BHB later on at least. Swordbreaker also works, since if I give him a speed boost I don't think he loses to anything on player phase. I'm guessing Luna's the way to go for specials to activate burst damage asap?

I've been using a +Spd/-Atk Ike for the duration of TT instead of a +Hp/-Spd one that I had previously and it is a huge improvement. Atk bane isn't bad at all, you just have to swap out heavy blade. I've been using Fury on mine, the 37 speed coupled with his bulk means you really only have to keep him away from blue mages. After  trying him out, I chose Vantage over QR since I was using him for Tempest Trials and it has waaaaaayyyyyy better synergy with Fury.  Finally, for the special, I actually inherited Moonbow onto him. His speed means he'll often retaliate with two hits and secure some of the kos back that he would have if he had a neutral attack nature.

I just wanted to mention the set i've been using for the same Ike, I hope that it helps!

Also I recently pulled a + Spd Nowi and I'm wondering if she's really one of the best units in the game. I never really run into much trouble when playing against her so what is it that makes her so valuable? Is it the built in distant counter? Does she require a dragon team behind her to be fully effective? Is she worth investing in? 

8 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Is 5* Clive good for fodder? There's probably a 0% chance that I will actually use him

He shares Hit and Run and silver lance with his sister. These might come in handy.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

If you want to give her firesweep lance, you can merge those 4*, because you will not need her 5* weapon (+SPD would be better with firesweep though). Main drawback would be the lost opportunity to use galeforce... 

You also could promote one bad copy to 5* and merge her into the 4* +5 Cordelia. In that way you would have a 4* +6 Cordelia with 5* skills (TA3/galeforce) and weapon.

That sounds too much of an investment to the point I rather just have a 5* at that point.

Thx for the response.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I think 4*+6/7 is about the same as 5*+0/1/2. 4*+10 is about the same as 5*+4/5.e levels.

I guess I should promote her then, those TA skill sounds too practical to waste.

3 hours ago, Molo said:

Also I recently pulled a + Spd Nowi and I'm wondering if she's really one of the best units in the game. I never really run into much trouble when playing against her so what is it that makes her so valuable? Is it the built in distant counter? Does she require a dragon team behind her to be fully effective? Is she worth investing in? 

Nowi is primarily a Triangle Adept counter killer. Her standard build is [+Atk, -HP/Res] (Lightning Breath+, Reposition/Reciprocal Aid, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3). Her special skill is flexible because she typically doesn't need it and Lightning Breath+'s penalty makes it difficult to use at all outside of Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges.

She has 34 base Atk, the second highest of all of the dragons, which is important considering Lightning Breath+'s low 11 Atk. With a +Atk nature and Triangle Adept, she can one-hit kill most red units, most importantly Lucina, who is the only common red unit that can deal non-negligible damage otherwise.

Her 30/27 mixed defenses are impressive, and unlike other infantry units, she has access to a +6/6 defensive buff due to her breath weapon type, giving her 36/33 defenses on top of the damage mitigation provided from Triangle Adept. However, she doesn't require Fortify Dragons to function.

As a melee unit, she is compatible with Delthea's Dark Aura, which can be used to give her extra firepower should she need to initiate combat on player phase.

Nowi is also capable of running an offensive build with Fury and Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker, though it is typically considered less effective than her standard build.

6 hours ago, Molo said:

I've been using a +Spd/-Atk Ike for the duration of TT instead of a +Hp/-Spd one that I had previously and it is a huge improvement. Atk bane isn't bad at all, you just have to swap out heavy blade. I've been using Fury on mine, the 37 speed coupled with his bulk means you really only have to keep him away from blue mages. After  trying him out, I chose Vantage over QR since I was using him for Tempest Trials and it has waaaaaayyyyyy better synergy with Fury.  Finally, for the special, I actually inherited Moonbow onto him. His speed means he'll often retaliate with two hits and secure some of the kos back that he would have if he had a neutral attack nature.

I just wanted to mention the set i've been using for the same Ike, I hope that it helps!

Ooh thanks for the tips

Yeah I trained him in the lower Tempest Trials and he's been doing well and is pretty bulky with the Speed boon, but sometimes I wish I had Vantage before Sonya kills him. Vantage would be good for long TT modes anyway compared to QR since I don't run a healer.

Just need to find some extra Hinatas

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nowi is primarily a Triangle Adept counter killer. Her standard build is [+Atk, -HP/Res] (Lightning Breath+, Reposition/Reciprocal Aid, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3). Her special skill is flexible because she typically doesn't need it and Lightning Breath+'s penalty makes it difficult to use at all outside of Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges.

She has 34 base Atk, the second highest of all of the dragons, which is important considering Lightning Breath+'s low 11 Atk. With a +Atk nature and Triangle Adept, she can one-hit kill most red units, most importantly Lucina, who is the only common red unit that can deal non-negligible damage otherwise.

Her 30/27 mixed defenses are impressive, and unlike other infantry units, she has access to a +6/6 defensive buff due to her breath weapon type, giving her 36/33 defenses on top of the damage mitigation provided from Triangle Adept. However, she doesn't require Fortify Dragons to function.

As a melee unit, she is compatible with Delthea's Dark Aura, which can be used to give her extra firepower should she need to initiate combat on player phase.

Nowi is also capable of running an offensive build with Fury and Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker, though it is typically considered less effective than her standard build.

What do you suggest for the C skill? I've been using Nowi mostly in Tempest and she's great. I still have Threaten Res though and I am not sure if I should change it

Do the appearance rates for a banner increase with every 5 summons that aren't 5 star? I've been under the impression that it only increases after doing full pulls - 5 units in one sitting.

Edited by Glennstavos

19 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

1) Do the appearance rates for a banner increase with every 5 summons that aren't 5 star?

2) I've been under the impression that it only increases after doing full pulls - 5 units in one sitting.

1) right;

2) wrong;

The rates only update when you exit the summoning screen though.

Is there like a general guideline as to which offensive skill is the best to inherit onto a unit when it comes to Dragonic Aura/Luna vs. Bonfire/Iceberg? Like is there a magic number where it's recommended to run Bonfire/Iceberg over skills like Dragonic Aura/Luna or should I just play it by ear for each character?

Edited by tobuShogi

25 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Is there like a general guideline as to which offensive skill is the best to inherit onto a unit when it comes to Dragonic Aura/Luna vs. Bonfire/Iceberg? Like is there a magic number where it's recommended to run Bonfire/Iceberg over skills like Dragonic Aura/Luna or should I just play it by ear for each character?

The choice between Draconic Aura, Bonfire and Iceberg completely depends on the unit. they all deal damage based on your units stats, so you can just calculate which one adds more damage.

Using Luna or something else is a bit more difficult though. I generally use it when the other specials wouldn't do over 15 extra damage, but that's mostly a rough guess.

40 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

The choice between Draconic Aura, Bonfire and Iceberg completely depends on the unit. they all deal damage based on your units stats, so you can just calculate which one adds more damage.

Using Luna or something else is a bit more difficult though. I generally use it when the other specials wouldn't do over 15 extra damage, but that's mostly a rough guess.

Thanks for the tip. I've been raising a +Speed/-HP Eliwood and +Speed/-Defense Raigh so I've been thinking about which offensive skills to give them. I'll just take a look at their stats and decide once they have enough SP. 

2 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

My guidelines:

- Bonfire: Unit's defense > 29
- Iceberg: Unit's resistance > 29
- Dragonic Aura: Unit has > 44 Atk
- Luna: Unit's attack < 37, or a unit who may be the last one standing in the arena
- Glimmer: I'm out of other skills, or none of the above conditions are met
- Noontime: Really wacky gimmick builds
- Defensive: A unit who isn't fielded to kill things (I have one on Olivia)

Ignis/Glacies may be used on Brave units, since I don't always have their cheaper fodder

I'm really sorry if someone already asked this, but I'm only getting the Starter Log-in free orbs.  I was under the impression that we should be getting the 6 month anniversary ones as well? I thought I saw on the Heroes announcement calendar thing that the 6 month anniversary free orbs would go on nearly all month?

What's a good B Skill for Amelia?  Mine is Neutral, so not really fast enough for Desperation.  I don't know if a Breaker skill would be best or Vantage or Quick Riposte?

37 minutes ago, eclipse said:

My guidelines:

- Bonfire: Unit's defense > 29
- Iceberg: Unit's resistance > 29
- Dragonic Aura: Unit has > 44 Atk
- Luna: Unit's attack < 37, or a unit who may be the last one standing in the arena
- Glimmer: I'm out of other skills, or none of the above conditions are met
- Noontime: Really wacky gimmick builds
- Defensive: A unit who isn't fielded to kill things (I have one on Olivia)

Ignis/Glacies may be used on Brave units, since I don't always have their cheaper fodder

If you have the fodder, I try to go for Moonbow over Glimmer, if they don't fit into another category better.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What's a good B Skill for Amelia?  Mine is Neutral, so not really fast enough for Desperation.  I don't know if a Breaker skill would be best or Vantage or Quick Riposte?

If you have the fodder, I try to go for Moonbow over Glimmer, if they don't fit into another category better.

Windsweep, since she likes her HP where it is.

Moonbow is a very special case.  It gets used on a unit that misses their ORKO benchmarks by a small amount.  This is where I hack out a calculator.

1 hour ago, mewyeon said:

I'm really sorry if someone already asked this, but I'm only getting the Starter Log-in free orbs.  I was under the impression that we should be getting the 6 month anniversary ones as well? I thought I saw on the Heroes announcement calendar thing that the 6 month anniversary free orbs would go on nearly all month?

The first round ran out. Every round (half-year celebration part 1, starter support, half-year celebration part 2) contains 20 orbs but lasts longer than 10 days so that more people can get those 20 orbs per round, the window is wider.

Edited by Vaximillian

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Moonbow is a very special case.  It gets used on a unit that misses their ORKO benchmarks by a small amount.  This is where I hack out a calculator.

Is Windsweep on anyone other than Alm?  I have just the one and don't really want to kill him.

29 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

To add to what Vax said, if you've logged into the game every day since the starter support bonus orbs went live then today is the last day that you'll get orbs from it. In other words, you won't get two log-in orbs on the 20th and 21st if you've logged in every day.

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The first round ran out. Every round (half-year celebration part 1, starter support, half-year celebration part 2) contains 10 orbs but lasts longer than 10 days so that more people can get those 10 orbs per round.

20 orbs per round, not 10.

Edited by Tybrosion

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is Windsweep on anyone other than Alm?  I have just the one and don't really want to kill him.

Just Alm so far.  But if you get another one (-Atk, of course), you can use him as fodder~!

3 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

If you are unsure, you can always use the calculator. Set cooldown to 0 for any build and see which Special gives you more kills.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Depends on the build. I generally do not like mixing Player Phase and Enemy Phase skills together because that does neither phase as well as builds specialized in one phase.

Slaying Axe works better as an Enemy Phase Weapon, so I would go with Quick Riposte. However, Amelia works better as a Player Phase unit, so if you are going to give her Brave Axe and Life and Death, I would go with Desperation since Axebreaker only gives her two extra kills.

25 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I think Windsweep does not go well with Amelia's high attack. It prevents her from doubling or quadrupling things if you are using her with a Player Phase build.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think Windsweep does not go well with Amelia's high attack. It prevents her from doubling or quadrupling things if you are using her with a Player Phase build.

I'm not impressed by Amelia's attack.  If I wanted similar offensive values, I'd use Raven with a different weapon, who isn't stuck with one move on most days.

If it's a pure armor team, it might be a different story, thanks to Hone Armor bringing her speed up to par.  But at base, 34 Speed fails to double anything with 30 Speed or higher, which is a lot of things.  Then again, if it's a player-phase build, I'd run Swift Sparrow/Desperation.