Corrin

• -Res +HP 
  • Blade+
  • Draw Back
  • Dragon Fang
  • Darting Blow 3 (DB )
  • Desperation 
  • Fortify
  • Breath of Life Seal (originally for TT)

Catria

• -Res +Spd
  • Killer+
  • REposition
  • Luna
  • Fury
  • DB3
  • Fortify
  • HP+3 seal

Palla

• +Atk - HP
  • Ruby+
  • Reposition
  • Moonbow
  • DB3
  • Wings
  • Goad
  • Spur Def seal (for other maps)

Camilla

• +Spd -Res
  • Blade+
  • Reposition
  • Draconic Aura
  • DB3
  • Desperation
  • Goad
  • Speed seal

13 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Rarity bias. Barst is a 3-4* pull most people just use to slap Reposition onto somebody without a second thought- such a character being good on their own merits?

Might also be the same thing holding Clive's perception back. He is Blue Eldigan, right?

If you add Fury, he's literally the same with  1 more SPD and 2 less DEF. Only thing is Eldigan has a 16 MT Killing Edge so that's something. Though honestly Clive's natural STR is a bit higher considering they are still equal.

Unfortunately... I don't care about Eldigan. So having Clive doesn't do much for me. He, Tobin, Marth and S!Corrin remain my untrained *5's. I trained Ike and Sophia.

32 minutes ago, Loocarioh said:

Which Marth should I promote to 5*?

1. +Spd, -HP
  2. +Atk, -HP

He'll be running a Fury/Renewal/Threaten Def set.

Units generally run better with +Spd if they are not using Braves.

25 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

My Tower Cav team is Eldigan/Camus/Clive/Priscilla. I have a Hone, a Fortify and two Wards to hand out, and Camus has Goad. Who should get what?

Eldigan and Camus should get Hone and Fortify. Although Camus has goad already, I think you should still give him a Hone or Fortify to buff blade cavalry that you may get in the future. If you are willing to wait for Xander's Grand Hero Battle, I would save one of the Hone or Fortify for him instead of using it on Eldigan since Xander is a lot better than Eldigan at the same merge level. However, if you plan to spend real money on your cavalry team, Eldigan is a better investment since he can be merged to a much higher level.

Goads and Wards are less useful in my opinion, so you can give them to weaker cavalry like Clive and Priscilla who will be replaced once you have better Blade cavalry or Xander.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Eldigan and Camus should get Hone and Fortify. Although Camus has goad already, I think you should still give him a Hone or Fortify to buff blade cavalry that you may get in the future. If you are willing to wait for Xander's Grand Hero Battle, I would save one of the Hone or Fortify for him instead of using it on Eldigan since Xander is a lot better than Eldigan at the same merge level. However, if you plan to spend real money on your cavalry team, Eldigan is a better investment since he can be merged to a much higher level.

Goads and Wards are less useful in my opinion, so you can give them to weaker cavalry like Clive and Priscilla who will be replaced once you have better Blade cavalry or Xander.

I have a Xander, Eldigan's just the one at 5*, and Xander's been knocked down the promotion priority.

Blade tome cavalry is a long way into the future- the only feasible one is Ursula, who'll only get Blarblade and there's already too many blues hanging around.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

I have a Xander, Eldigan's just the one at 5*, and Xander's been knocked down the promotion priority.

Blade tome cavalry is a long way into the future- the only feasible one is Ursula, who'll only get Blarblade and there's already too many blues hanging around.

If you have Xander and Ursula, then I would bench Eldigan and Clive immediately. Xander is totally worth 20,000 Feathers for Siegfried. Even at 4* with normal Blárblade, Ursula is still way better than 5* Clive.

If you insist on using Clive and Eldigan, then Camus should stick with just his Goad Cavalry since he will need the Hone and Fortify buffs to be your main damage dealer. Between Clive and Eldigan, it does not really matter who receives Hone or Fortify in my opinion. Priscilla can get whatever that is left over.

A few questions.

1. Do we know what the Arena Assault coins do yet? It's been two weeks and I still don't know what to do with them.

2. In training Clive, would it be better to start with the 4* unit or the 5*? I generally think it'd be better to start with the 4*, but I'd like opinions, especially if they come with a good reason.

3. Is there ANY good and applicable use of Windsweep3 or Watersweep3? I'm asking as a person who failed to get Phantom Speed.

4. I'm reaching 20k feathers and need to know who among the following would be best to 5*: Anna, Legion, and Clive (if the above answer leans towards 4*). My situation right now is that I have very few Green units trained up (Hector, Fae, Nino, Frederick, and SumTiki. Anna is 4*, and Boey is in training, and both have literally no skill inheritance) compared to the 12 Reds and 8 trained Blues I have. Anna would get much stronger if she were 5* since she will get Noatun, Legion will just be good by default, and Clive... well I'm still adamant about both using him and having him be good.

I wanna mention, I will be able to have a big summoning session in about 17-20 days, so I will be able to 5* more units (I do have +Spd -HP Hana, but I'd rather wait to 5* her for now). I'd just like to think about the NOW compared to the IN TWO WEEKS. I will summon from the CYL banner is it actually turns out to be worth my time, but otherwise I'll just summon from whatever has the best units to summon from.

Edited by Xenomata

@Xenomata:

1) We don’t;

2) A four-star promoted into a five-star will naturally get more SP. But consider a massive cost of 20k feathers for promoting;

3) I’m biased towards Anna (not having promoted her myself yet, she’s still four-star) but Legion sounds better than her. Anna has the advantage of being a bonus unit in the arena. And Clive gonna Clive.

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

A few questions.

1. Do we know what the Arena Assault coins do yet? It's been two weeks and I still don't know what to do with them.

2. In training Clive, would it be better to start with the 4* unit or the 5*? I generally think it'd be better to start with the 4*, but I'd like opinions, especially if they come with a good reason.

3. Is there ANY good and applicable use of Windsweep3 or Watersweep3? I'm asking as a person who failed to get Phantom Speed.

4. I'm reaching 20k feathers and need to know who among the following would be best to 5*: Anna, Legion, and Clive (if the above answer leans towards 4*). My situation right now is that I have very few Green units trained up (Hector, Fae, Nino, Frederick, and SumTiki. Anna is 4*, and Boey is in training, and both have literally no skill inheritance) compared to the 12 Reds and 8 trained Blues I have. Anna would get much stronger if she were 5* since she will get Noatun, Legion will just be good by default, and Clive... well I'm still adamant about both using him and having him be good.

I wanna mention, I will be able to have a big summoning session in about 17-20 days, so I will be able to 5* more units (I do have +Spd -HP Hana, but I'd rather wait to 5* her for now). I'd just like to think about the NOW compared to the IN TWO WEEKS. I will summon from the CYL banner is it actually turns out to be worth my time, but otherwise I'll just summon from whatever has the best units to summon from.

2. If you really like Clive and want to inherit a lot of skills then 4 star for more SP. He is a bit expensive to make good though since his base kit is a bit meh.

3. Felicia makes the best use of it because of her high speed, especially when battling against the mages that she counters (although expensive, Distant Counter + Watersweep Felicia can shut down magical units). +Spd Saizo can also make some interesting use of it with Smoke Dagger shenanigans- similarly, maybe Clarrise if you want to focus on making her a debuffer. Other than that, it's usually pretty niche and not exactly for arena use but would help in certain GHBs.

4. If you need someone to take a Reinhardt hit, Anna is the best bet and is a bonus unit quite frequently. Otherwise, Legion would be good. Unless you really like Clive, I don't think it's worth promoting him since he's pretty outclassed by other lance cavalry.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Xenomata:

1) We don’t;

2) A four-star promoted into a five-star will naturally get more SP. But consider a massive cost of 20k feathers for promoting;

3) I’m biased towards Anna (not having promoted her myself yet, she’s still four-star) but Legion sounds better than her. Anna has the advantage of being a bonus unit in the arena. And Clive gonna Clive.

1) Ah damn.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

2. If you really like Clive and want to inherit a lot of skills then 4 star for more SP. He is a bit expensive to make good though since his base kit is a bit meh.

3. Felicia makes the best use of it because of her high speed, especially when battling against the mages that she counters (although expensive, Distant Counter + Watersweep Felicia can shut down magical units). +Spd Saizo can also make some interesting use of it with Smoke Dagger shenanigans- similarly, maybe Clarrise if you want to focus on making her a debuffer. Other than that, it's usually pretty niche and not exactly for arena use but would help in certain GHBs.

4. If you need someone to take a Reinhardt hit, Anna is the best bet and is a bonus unit quite frequently. Otherwise, Legion would be good. Unless you really like Clive, I don't think it's worth promoting him since he's pretty outclassed by other lance cavalry.

2) I expected him to be expensive, which is why I wondered. I'll probably have to share some skills between the two before merging them, damnit... I'm okay with the feather cost though. Weeks will go by by the time I ever get another Hector, I guarantee that.

3) That... is very niche sounding.

4) I do wonder why I'm so invested in Clive, but hey I've done weirder. Anyways, I do have a slight problem in the Anna vs Legion debate, in that Legion is just plain good, I do not deny that. But Anna sucks in 4*. Her attack is so low, she needs buffs to deal any noticable damage, and I seriously think she NEEDS Noatun to begin dealing damage. Legion I'm sure can make-do in 4*, but hey I am seeking opinions for a reason.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

4) I do wonder why I'm so invested in Clive, but hey I've done weirder. Anyways, I do have a slight problem in the Anna vs Legion debate, in that Legion is just plain good, I do not deny that. But Anna sucks in 4*. Her attack is so low, she needs buffs to deal any noticable damage, and I seriously think she NEEDS Noatun to begin dealing damage. Legion I'm sure can make-do in 4*, but hey I am seeking opinions for a reason.

Nothing wrong with being invested in a character, if you want do it. I like Clive even more because of his art and I just raised his 5 star version for the Tempest Trial (the stat boost helps buff him up at least). 

In terms of Anna, she really shines more when she has her personal weapon Noatun, because she can then warp around the map when her health is low. I use it with Reciprocal Aid/Desperation to either heal my allies or activate Desperation and KO with her high speed. I also have Fury with her to activate Noatun/Desperation faster. Most of my units have poor Res, so for my team composition, having someone with high Res (and a green unit) really helps out. I just like her versatiity with this specific set that fits my poor Res cavalry team. Also it's just quite fun to use personally.

I haven't 5 starred Legion yet so I can't really give that much opinion on him, but he's even more player phase orientated especially if you give him Brave Axe. Natural Fury also helps buff up his stats, but he can do with Life and Death as well.

15 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm looking to expand my roster of green five stars (as it is my lowest color other than colorless), but I can't really decide on who would be a good addition. I currently have Chrom, Tiki, Cherche, and Nino at five star (plus two Spring Camillas that I rarely use) so I would thing a mage would be good, but I only have Merric and Soren to promote (and Fae as a dragon). For axes, I have Anna, Legion, Bartre, Raven, Hawkeye, Frederick, and Michalis at four star. Any thoughts?

What is holding you from using S!Camilla? Its fun to build her, she is good as a blade tome user (especially in a flier team) but i also saw some with raven tome. Even if you don't want to sacrifice 5* units, she can get quite strong.  

31 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

What is holding you from using S!Camilla? Its fun to build her, she is good as a blade tome user (especially in a flier team) but i also saw some with raven tome. Even if you don't want to sacrifice 5* units, she can get quite strong.  

Don't quote me on this, but I think he might have it out for Fates in general which might be part of the reason he isn't inclined to use Spring!Camilla. At the very least, I remember him mentioning something about a "no Fates policy" back in one of the voting gauntlet topics (I want to say it was the healer one).

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Don't quote me on this, but I think he might have it out for Fates in general which might be part of the reason he isn't inclined to use Spring!Camilla. At the very least, I remember him mentioning something about a "no Fates policy" back in one of the voting gauntlet topics (I want to say it was the healer one).

Ah ok, that is probably hard to overcome. At least she is in disguise and doesn't look too much "Nohr". 

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

In terms of Anna, she really shines more when she has her personal weapon Noatun, because she can then warp around the map when her health is low. I use it with Reciprocal Aid/Desperation to either heal my allies or activate Desperation and KO with her high speed. I also have Fury with her to activate Noatun/Desperation faster. Most of my units have poor Res, so for my team composition, having someone with high Res (and a green unit) really helps out. I just like her versatiity with this specific set that fits my poor Res cavalry team. Also it's just quite fun to use personally.

I haven't 5 starred Legion yet so I can't really give that much opinion on him, but he's even more player phase orientated especially if you give him Brave Axe. Natural Fury also helps buff up his stats, but he can do with Life and Death as well.

Well I went ahead with Anna as the unit I 5*... yeah Noatun is fun to utilize. Vengeance is also DEADLY. Almost 20 extra damage from a skill with the same charge time as Bonfire or Ignis on a unit who takes damage as the way to trigger her weapon... Anna should consider running a Bloodbank.

Anyways, thanks for the insight.

Edited by Xenomata

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

More or less. I know she has utility as a flying mage, but that's something not easily done for me. I also have three spring Xanders, but at least he stinks so I don't have to worry about it.

For a +Atk/-Spd Summer!Elise, would investing in Life and Death 3 be worth it? I've already got her to inherit Gronnblade+. I'd just like to hear thoughts on this before I decide what my next 20k feathers are going to be put towards.

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

For a +Atk/-Spd Summer!Elise, would investing in Life and Death 3 be worth it? I've already got her to inherit Gronnblade+. I'd just like to hear thoughts on this before I decide what my next 20k feathers are going to be put towards.

She'd only have 36 speed with LaD, which isn't to much. It might be more worthwhile to go with Fury to give her an easier time against Reinhardt, or DB for more damage.