"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

7 hours ago, Chelone said:

Is Neutral Ike good enough though? If I would continue trying, what boons are good for him and what banes to avoid?

In my opinion, neutral is always good enough for normal Arena use. It is not ideal, but it is not bad either. BH!Ike is not in the calculator yet, so this is just based on what I think may work, so take it with a grain of salt.

Spoiler

HP boon: No
HP bane: No
Attack boon: Yes
Attack bane: No
Speed boon: No
Speed bane: Yes
Defense boon: Maybe
Defense bane: No
Resistance boon: No
Resistance bane: Maybe

If you are keeping his default set, I would dump his Speed stat since the second consecutive attack deals so little damage anyway. If you use Quick Riposte, he will double attack on Enemy Phase so having a Speed bane is not a big deal. As long as it is not an infantry Blade mage or any red unit, Ike will be fine.

I personally prefer an Attack boon so he can kill more stuff.

I have a bias against booning Defense or Resistance in general, but many other people like to use walls and have a different play style compared to mine, so just keep that in mind. +Def Ike is not bad, but in my opinion, booning in anything other than Attack means you are getting less kills, and that translates to more enemies surviving with their Special charged and are ready to murder someone, which basically defeats the point of having a wall in the first place. Ike's Resistance is so low that I do not think having a Resistance boon helps that much. If you are only using Ike to tank against melee units, then Resistance bane is much better than Speed bane.

HP is generally the worst Boon to have unless it is on a support unit who is using niche skills like Panic Ploy or Infantry Pulse; HP bane is not too ideal either since it is basically a minor bane to both Defense and Resistance. In most cases, try to keep HP neutral.

If you need to switch out his skills, I would switch out Beorc Blessing for Quick Riposte. If you have the resources to pimp him out, Distant Counter is good too, although Steady Breath is much better if you are only using him to counter melee units.

6 hours ago, Logos said:

I'm thinking about the possible options for a neutral Lyn right now. Would Fury 3 with Brave Bow+ and Sacae's Seal be the best for her since she has even better Res that away and the +3Atk, and +3Spd somewhat make up for her low attack, and the speed reduction from brave bow?

If you are going to give her a Brave Bow build, I would keep her Swift Sparrow. Ideally, she should be running Life and Death if you have the resources. She does not need Defense to deal with Distant Counter units, as Sacae's Blessing is basically Windsweep 4. Most popular mages are very squishy Defense wise, so BH!Lyn with Brave Bow does not need +Res since she is most likely going to kill the other unit before they even have a chance to counter attack.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

This is early in the month, but where can I find (Lv 35+) Cavalry units for the September Quests? Thanks in advance!

I didn’t hunt for them specifically, they came naturally in the 10th stratum.

Just now, mampfoid said:

You can check the maps in the wiki: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Story_Maps

Chapter 2 has more cavs (9). 

I just did, thanks! Will their levels be higher if I just do the Chain Challenge for Chapter 2, or do I need to do the 30 Stamina one to get them at high enough levels for the quest?

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I just did, thanks! Will their levels be higher if I just do the Chain Challenge for Chapter 2, or do I need to do the 30 Stamina one to get them at high enough levels for the quest?

You could do Chapter 2/hard or Chapter 1&2/normal. I think just chapter 2/normal won't suffice for that mission. 

If you have some patience and do the missions for the training tower, you will encounter enough cavaliers over time. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

You could do Chapter 2/hard or Chapter 1&2/normal. I think just chapter 2/normal won't suffice for that mission. 

If you have some patience and do the missions for the training tower, you will encounter enough cavaliers over time. 

Thanks!

I opted to do Chapter 1&2/normal but am now doing the Training Tower Missions.

---

Hopefully another quick question: I'm currently running Lyn in a mixed Emblem team until I get fodder for a cavalry skill and wanted to know if Atk Smoke was a good skill to get or if I should skip it and hoard SP (knowing said fodder could take a while). Thanks again!

36 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Thanks!

I opted to do Chapter 1&2/normal but am now doing the Training Tower Missions.

---

Hopefully another quick question: I'm currently running Lyn in a mixed Emblem team until I get fodder for a cavalry skill and wanted to know if Atk Smoke was a good skill to get or if I should skip it and hoard SP (knowing said fodder could take a while). Thanks again!

It seems a pretty good skill to me, -7 ATK is a lot. It depends how you play, if you have cavalry blade tome users, its better to run Hone/Fortify Cav. 

Wondering what to put on B!Lucina for her B slot. I have a pretty vanilla, neutral +2 B!Lucina which will be used for buffing with Draw Back as her active and replaced Sturdy Blow with Fury 3. Now I'm wondering what to give her as a B-skill. With 40 speed, she won't double that many sword and lance units, so their respective breaker abilities could be good. Vantage and Quick Riposte are also nice alternatives or maybe even Renewal.

What do you guys think? 

56 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

Just a short question: For 5* Cecilia, is it good to have Gronnraven+ or Gronnblade (non + version)? Also, why is it called the colourless hell? Thanks.

This depends on her team, if you can give her the full cavalry buffs (Hone+Fortify) then Gronnblade is much stronger, even without the "+". 

You enter in colorless hell, if you want to pull a certain colorless unit (archers mostly), but all 5* you get are healers. 

2 hours ago, Birdy said:

Wondering what to put on B!Lucina for her B slot. I have a pretty vanilla, neutral +2 B!Lucina which will be used for buffing with Draw Back as her active and replaced Sturdy Blow with Fury 3. Now I'm wondering what to give her as a B-skill. With 40 speed, she won't double that many sword and lance units, so their respective breaker abilities could be good. Vantage and Quick Riposte are also nice alternatives or maybe even Renewal.

What do you guys think? 

Since she also functions as a support unit, you might want to consider Wings of Mercy/Escape Route too. I would personally go with Lancebreaker since her stats seems to lean more towards a Player Phase build rather than an Enemy Phase build. If you are keeping Geirskögul, I would also change her Special to Moonbow so she can activate it almost every time she fights a melee unit, although you can leave Aether on for more Arena points if she is not doing much combat.

Just pulled a 5* +Speed/-Res Mae and I'm thinking of building her as a ~blade tome mage since she's the only decently fast blue mage I have. I already gave her Blarblade and Moonbow from Odin but I'm not sure what other skills she should get. I do have a Hinata for Fury but he's my only one right now so I might hold off on giving her that until I pull another one.  

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

So, I pulled a 4* Titania, is she worth promoting?

One of very few horse axes in the game. Unless you hate her IVs I would strongly consider her for a horse emblem team, as the other two are just "Xander but green and no Distant counter". Though once I gave my Reinhardt Lancebreaker, she struggled to find much use beyond giving him Hone Cav and tanking blue mages. If you're keeping her weapon, I think +Spd is ideal for her anti mage role. Mine is -Atk/+Spd, and she basically could only hurt blues with that 36 total attack. Just make sure her Res is intact, and she'll survive the cute little girls.

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

One of very few horse axes in the game. Unless you hate her IVs I would strongly consider her for a horse emblem team, as the other two are just "Xander but green and no Distant counter". Though once I gave my Reinhardt Lancebreaker, she struggled to find much use beyond giving him Hone Cav and tanking blue mages. If you're keeping her weapon, I think +Spd is ideal for her anti mage role. Mine is -Atk/+Spd, and she basically could only hurt blues with that 36 total attack. Just make sure her Res is intact, and she'll survive the cute little girls.

Mine is +HP/-Def. Considering I probably should build a Horse Emblem team, I may just go for it. I have Camus, and Abel 5* level 40, but I lack magic and green. Roy is a work in progress.

Edited by Arthur97

How exactly does Blazing Durandal's special cooldown effect work? I've been training up my Roy and had him attack an armor: he had higher Atk, so his Night Sky cooldown dropped from 4 to 2 on his attack, but when the armor countered, it only dropped from 2 to 1 rather than reducing it to 0. Does the Heavy Blade effect only apply when the user is attacking, rather than the enemy? (If so, what does this mean about Ike's Steady Breath passive?)

49 minutes ago, Othin said:

How exactly does Blazing Durandal's special cooldown effect work? I've been training up my Roy and had him attack an armor: he had higher Atk, so his Night Sky cooldown dropped from 4 to 2 on his attack, but when the armor countered, it only dropped from 2 to 1 rather than reducing it to 0. Does the Heavy Blade effect only apply when the user is attacking, rather than the enemy? (If so, what does this mean about Ike's Steady Breath passive?)

Dunno about Ike's passive, but if Blazing Durandal's effect is exactly the same as HB3, then yeah, the units gains +1 CD charge for each attack they perform

EDIT: just checked, it's as I say, though I don't have the SP to have my Brave Ike learn Steady Breath, sorry :P

Edited by Koumal8

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Wait, Blazing Durandal doesn't increase special charge on enemy actions? Weird...Heavy Blade actually specifies that it's a +1 charge increase per attack (as in user attack). Neither Steady Breath nor Blazing Durandal has that specification (at least in English...), and Steady Breath definitely increases special charge on enemy hits; I just got through training him up to 40, and he dropped Aether on both Hinoka and Cordelia immediately after their first two strikes...it was kinda funny.

Edited by LordFrigid

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Wait, Blazing Durandal doesn't increase special charge on enemy actions? Weird...Heavy Blade actually specifies that it's a +1 charge increase per attack (as in user attack). Neither Steady Breath nor Blazing Durandal has that specification (at least in English...), and Steady Breath definitely increases special charge on enemy hits; I just got through training him up to 40, and he dropped Aether on both Hinoka and Cordelia immediately after their first two strikes...it was kinda funny.

Interesting. Would have been a shame if Steady Breath failed to increase charge on enemy hits when those are the ones it's most suited for, so it's good to confirm that that isn't the case. Do you know if it also increases charge on his own hits?

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Interesting. Would have been a shame if Steady Breath failed to increase charge on enemy hits when those are the ones it's most suited for, so it's good to confirm that that isn't the case. Do you know if it also increases charge on his own hits?

Yes, it does.