"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go with Desperation. I would just Assist Lucina out of enemy range after combat. I prefer fighting on Player Phase since enemy Blow skills will not work, Vantage can be avoided with Hardy Bearing, and Quick Riposte is not a big deal if you kill it in two hits.

Lucina really has no need for QR given her speed. My main issue with Desperation is getting her into the butter zone. I put it on Masked Lucina and it rarely actually comes into play, especially with her healing.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the consensus on giving B!Ike Distant Counter? I just got one with what I guess is a perfect nature (+Atk -Spd) and I'm wondering is if the best way to use him is to make him a full tank with Steady Breath or go the Hector route with DC? 

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Lucina really has no need for QR given her speed. My main issue with Desperation is getting her into the butter zone. I put it on Masked Lucina and it rarely actually comes into play, especially with her healing.

I was referring to using Desperation on Player Phase with Player Phase builds against enemy units with Enemy Phase builds. It is generally better to fight on Player Phase because enemies' Blow skills are not active, Vantage can be avoided with Hardy Bearing (it does not work with your own Desperation though), and Quick Riposte on an enemy unit is no big deal if you kill it in two hits.

16 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

I have an Amelia (+spd/-att) that I'm interested in building. So far I have: Slaying Axe+, Swap, Bonfire, and Armour March. Can someone suggest an A and B skill? I don't have a spare Distant Counter to give her so I don't mind using some fairly accessable skills.

If you are generally keeping most of her set, I would run Fury on her A slot. For her B slot, it depends on whether you want her to be more of a Player Phase unit or Enemy Phase unit. If going with Player Phase, I would run a Breaker or Desperation. For Enemy Phase, I would go with Quick Riposte.

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

What's the consensus on giving B!Ike Distant Counter? I just got one with what I guess is a perfect nature (+Atk -Spd) and I'm wondering is if the best way to use him is to make him a full tank with Steady Breath or go the Hector route with DC? 

If he also has Quick Riposte, then he will perform a little worse than Hector, but he will have usable movement. I think BH!Ike is definitely worth Distant Counter. His best bane is -Res in my opinion since he is going to get killed by many mages in one hit anyways. BH!Ike can still use neutral Speed to avoid some doubles, but -Spd does not affect him too badly.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

If he also has Quick Riposte, then he will perform a little worse than Hector, but he will have usable movement. I think BH!Ike is definitely worth Distant Counter. His best bane is -Res in my opinion since he is going to get killed by many mages in one hit anyways. BH!Ike can still use neutral Speed to avoid some doubles, but -Spd does not affect him too badly.

I see, then I guess I'll give him DC and leave Beorc's blessing on him to make him anti-Reinhardt and if the meta shifts too heavily on B!Lyn favor then I'll go back to Steady Breath to counter her.

Are there any units that could benefit from a Ruby Sword+ that don't have it naturally? I got a 5-star Seth that I don't ever plan to use, and I'd rather give away the 5-star exclusive weapon if it would actually help, since Fortress Def is still fully available at 4-star.

15 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Are there any units that could benefit from a Ruby Sword+ that don't have it naturally? I got a 5-star Seth that I don't ever plan to use, and I'd rather give away the 5-star exclusive weapon if it would actually help, since Fortress Def is still fully available at 4-star.

Olivia can use it, but she can just use the regular one to take out Hector too. Palla can can use it too like Olivia, but she has an even easier time with Hector. Caeda and Eliwood can use it and be a green mage tank.

15 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Ruby+ made my 4* Olivia actually kill (green) units, gem-weapons or TA are popular choices for dancers/singers. 

@XRay Ruby is Pallas given weapon, no need to inherit it. 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ruby+ made my 4* Olivia actually kill (green) units, gem-weapons or TA are popular choices for dancers/singers. 

@XRay Ruby is Pallas given weapon, no need to inherit it. 

I completely forgot. Brain fart.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Olivia can use it, but she can just use the regular one to take out Hector too. Palla can can use it too like Olivia, but she has an even easier time with Hector. Caeda and Eliwood can use it and be a green mage tank.

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Hm, alright. I might go for Olivia, but she already inherited a regular one a few weeks ago that has been working so far. I have been trying to find a way to build Caeda for a while; what would be some good skills for her if I went that route?

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Hm, alright. I might go for Olivia, but she already inherited a regular one a few weeks ago that has been working so far. I have been trying to find a way to build Caeda for a while; what would be some good skills for her if I went that route?

A slot is preferably Distant Def to completely wall green mages, but Fury or Resistance +3 (going dirt cheap is fine for Arena Assault) is good too. You can also use Distant Counter and counter kill the green mage on the same turn, but that might be too expensive and Caeda is a little less tanky without some boost to her Resistance.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

A slot is preferably Distant Def to completely wall green mages, but Fury or Resistance +3 (going dirt cheap is fine for Arena Assault) is good too. You can also use Distant Counter and counter kill the green mage on the same turn, but that might be too expensive and Caeda is a little less tanky without some boost to her Resistance.

I still have yet to pull a single Hector or Celica, so those are definitely out for me. I think I actually inherited Fury 3 on her a while ago, and just removed it while leveling her up again after a merge, so I could reequip that for now. I also have Hit and Run as her B skill because of a spare Clair I didn't want, but I'm not sure if that's best for her or not. She's also unfortunately not +Atk/-Def (+HP instead), which I assume would be preferred, considering her... subpar base attack.

11 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I still have yet to pull a single Hector or Celica, so those are definitely out for me. I think I actually inherited Fury 3 on her a while ago, and just removed it while leveling her up again after a merge, so I could reequip that for now. I also have Hit and Run as her B skill because of a spare Clair I didn't want, but I'm not sure if that's best for her or not. She's also unfortunately not +Atk/-Def (+HP instead), which I assume would be preferred, considering her... subpar base attack.

I completely forgot about the B slot. Caeda can run G Tomebreaker, but given her Speed, she might not need it unless you are facing Nino+10 or something with a decked out kit. You can also try Guard for more tankiness. I think Hit and Run is good too since it will allow Caeda to retreat back after she attacks a green mage, making it easier on her allies to Assist her away, although that skill does not improve her combat performance so it depends on your preference.

Caeda can dump her attack since most mages are squishy, although she might have trouble with Boey though, but he is not too common. Natures generally do not matter too much for Triangle Adept units since +40% offensively and defensively is pretty hard to screw up even with a bad nature.

Edited by XRay

I have two Lyns (Brave Lady). Which one should I keep, the neutral one or +Speed -Atk? They're levels 40 and 39 respectively (not like it will take much to get the other to level 40). I've noticed in the training tower that the -atk one tends to miss kills that the neutral one would have gotten...but that's the training tower.

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

I completely forgot about the B slot. Caeda can run G Tomebreaker, but given her Speed, she might not need it unless you are facing Nino+10 or something with a decked out kit. You can also try Guard for more tankiness. I think Hit and Run is good too since it will allow Caeda to retreat back after she attacks a green mage, making it easier on her allies to Assist her away, although that skill does not improve her combat performance so it depends on your preference.

Caeda can dump her attack since most mages are squishy, although she might have trouble with Boey though, but he is not too common. Natures generally do not matter too much for Triangle Adept units since +40% offensively and defensively is pretty hard to screw up even with a bad nature.

I'm pretty low on G Tomebreaker fodder, and I doubt I'll be using Caeda much outside of flier quests and less serious Tempest Trial runs, so I'm good with keeping her able to retreat. Might switch to Guard if I get another Titania, though.

That's true, and she did just get a +7 boost to her attack from Fury and Ruby Sword+ (plus a few more whenever I upgrade her to 5-star), so it might not be as bad as I expected. I have a while before I commit to upgrading her anyway, thanks to my growing list of units that need it more than she does, so I'll still have time to maybe get another one. Thanks for the help!

6 hours ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

I have two Lyns (Brave Lady). Which one should I keep, the neutral one or +Speed -Atk? They're levels 40 and 39 respectively (not like it will take much to get the other to level 40). I've noticed in the training tower that the -atk one tends to miss kills that the neutral one would have gotten...but that's the training tower.

Thanks!

Keep the neutral one. However, I would leave the neutral one unmerged for Grand Hero Battles since future free unit strategy videos might utilize her.

However, if you feel you can handle Grand Hero Battles without copying the strategy videos directly, then feel free to merge the neutral nature one.

9 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Are Breaker skills supposed to get past weary fighter? My Delthea has lancebreaker and was able to double a full hp effie in the arena, I checked and she had weary fighter.

Effects that force a follow-up attack and effects that prevent a follow-up attack cancel each other out.

The half of Wary Fighter that prevents Delthea from performing a follow-up attack is canceled by the half of Lancebreaker that forces Delthea to perform a follow-up attack, leaving only Spd to decide. The halves of Wary Fighter and Lancebreaker that prevent Effie from performing a follow-up attack, however, are both still active.

Asking to those who are more mathematically minded, which banner has the better chances of getting another Hector? The Voting Gauntlet banner ending in less than a day or the Tempest Trial banner? I mean they ahve 1 green focus unit each but do the other colours of the rest of the focus affect chances?

Also, I'm going to train an Athena in my main account. Which is better, +Atk/-Spd or +Res/-Def? I want to train one of them at least in case of bonus unit in the future, but not sure who to spend my time on. Also when deciding what the better unit is, is it better to check immediate wins and losses or advantageous v disadvantageous match-ups? 

Sometimes I'm confused if having more wins AND losses is better...

58 minutes ago, Thienphu said:

Hi,

I just got a -atk/+hp brave lucina. What would be the best build on her?

Since she is -Atk, she can be a dedicated support unit similar to a healer or Dancer/Singer. I would just give her Fury since that is the most straight forward option. She can use Wings of Mercy/Escape Route to teleport around. For her Assist, I would either go for a Rally or Reposition.

17 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Asking to those who are more mathematically minded, which banner has the better chances of getting another Hector? The Voting Gauntlet banner ending in less than a day or the Tempest Trial banner? I mean they ahve 1 green focus unit each but do the other colours of the rest of the focus affect chances?

Also, I'm going to train an Athena in my main account. Which is better, +Atk/-Spd or +Res/-Def? I want to train one of them at least in case of bonus unit in the future, but not sure who to spend my time on. Also when deciding what the better unit is, is it better to check immediate wins and losses or advantageous v disadvantageous match-ups? 

Sometimes I'm confused if having more wins AND losses is better...

I personally prefer more wins and losses over less wins and losses. The losses are no big deal since they mostly come from matches you would want to avoid anyway even if they were draws in the less wins and losses scenario. However, there is no work around for having less wins, so I would make having more wins a priority.

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Give me a little hand here- got my pity smashed by Merric. Should I try for Brave Ike, regular Lyn, Ephraim or wait for the BHB banner to try and get my limited orbs to?

(I really should get back to saving...)

I would normally only advise spending on limited and Hero Fest banners. However, Brave Heroes has some pretty decent units, so that is one exception I would make. If you are pay to play, I would also recommend sniping for Hector in banners that feature him since his Distant Counter is so useful in many Enemy Phase builds.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Thienphu said:

Hi,

I just got a -atk/+hp brave lucina. What would be the best build on her?

You can go the doctor route, with Ardent Sacrifice and Renewal.

48 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would normally only advise spending on limited and Hero Fest banners. However, Brave Heroes has some pretty decent units, so that is one exception I would make. If you are pay to play, I would also recommend sniping for Hector in banners that feature him since his Distant Counter is so useful in many Enemy Phase builds.

I'm not spending real money. Don't have that kind of income.

Is a +RES-SPD Titania worth promoting? I'm missing a 5* green melee cav (+ATK Frederick avoids me) and her RES could become handy against Reinhardt/Olwen/Ursula/Reinhardt-emblem. No DC fodder in sight though. 

My 5* queue:

• Spoiler

• Anna (to join Sharena in 5* land)
    • Brave+ for Cherche
    • Cordelia (promote a +ATK copy and merge the other into her for +1)
    • Fae +ATK -HP
    • Lightning+ for Fae
    • Cecilia (neutral)
    • Nowi +RES-HP
    • Lukas +DEF -ATK
    • Valter (just for fun, i got many great lance flyers)
    • M!Robin +DEF-HP
    • Ursula (my only blarblade horse)

I have a question about Merric and if he is salvageable or not. Other then Boey I have no green mages so I was pretty happy I pulled a +attack/-resistance Merric, but at 4 stars his performance in the training tower has been awful. Too little resistance to bait blue mages, not fast enough to double much and his damage isn't that good either with his poor weapon might. +hp and spur resistance are not exiting skills either. Does the boost in stats from being a five star and his own legendary tome salvage him a bit or should I just drop him off completely?

I also managed to pull a +speed/-resistance Katarina who i'm considering to train. I already have a lot of red mages though with both Leo's (meh), +speed/-hp Raigh (a bit better then Leo) and a Sanaki nuke so I'm not sure if she will add a lot to my team.

And my last question is about Zephiel. Should I swap life or death  with something like Earth boost? Wary fighter and bad speed probably isn't the best combo with life and death