"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

22 hours ago, XRay said:

Keep the neutral one. However, I would leave the neutral one unmerged for Grand Hero Battles since future free unit strategy videos might utilize her.

However, if you feel you can handle Grand Hero Battles without copying the strategy videos directly, then feel free to merge the neutral nature one.

It seems like you're saying two things at once here: that I should keep the neutral one (instead of the one with the +speed nature) and that I should merge the neutral one (thus only having the one with the +speed nature left). Could you clarify?

I should be fine in Grand Hero Battles so that's not a factor.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Boltlightning said:

What is a good team I can make based on the units I have right now?

Two options:

1. Kick a Lyn for Cecilia, and go Horse Emblem. Cecilia can do her job as a 4*.
2. Kick a Lyn for Julia.

Regardless, you want a green mage on your team, so you can tell Reinhardt where to shove his Dire Tome.

1 hour ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

It seems like you're saying two things at once here: that I should keep the neutral one (instead of the one with the +speed nature) and that I should merge the neutral one (thus only having the one with the +speed nature left). Could you clarify?

I should be fine in Grand Hero Battles so that's not a factor.

Sorry if it was a bit confusing. There are two options depending on whether you have trouble with Grand Hero Battles.

Since you do not have trouble with Grand Hero Battles, keep the neutral one and sacrifice the [+Spd, -Atk] to merge that into the neutral one.

If you do have trouble with Grand Hero Battles, keep both. Use the neutral one for now but do not give it too many skills since you are going to use its vanilla set to copy Grand Hero Battle videos. If you summon a better third one in the future, merge your [+Spd, -Atk] into that one and you can pimp that one out if you like.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Regardless, you want a green mage on your team, so you can tell Reinhardt where to shove his Dire Tome.

Who knew Cecilia and Julia were that kinky?

Edited by XRay

Hi, I started playing FEH again because of the new brave heroes that came out. I was able to get roy (+atk/-def) and I chose lyn as my free summon. I want to now remake my horse emblem. Was using Xander, Camus, Ursula, and Cecilla before. Who should I switch around for the 2? I also got a 4* Roderick with good IV, +spd/-res and I also had a +spd/-res 4* Reinhardt. Idk if I should add them to horse emblem or maybe just use them for off horse teams. Also idk if my reinhardt is worth upgrading to 5* because of his IV. Edit: forgot to mention I also have 3 4*Titania(+def/-hp, -atk/+hp, -def/+atk) if they can be on Horse, but if not as good as my other unit then its fine.

An off topic question though. I have read that it is better for F2P players to get +merges at 4* rather than 5*. My question is should I be doing this to improve my troops? What if I already upgraded people to 5* with good IVs? Should I be merging them to a 4* to get those 5* skills and added sp? Or do I just go ahead and leave them at 5*?

Edited by ScarletSylph

15 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Hi, I started playing FEH again because of the new brave heroes that came out. I was able to get roy (+atk/-def) and I chose lyn as my free summon. I want to now remake my horse emblem. Was using Xander, Camus, Ursula, and Cecilla before. Who should I switch around for the 2? I also got a 4* Roderick with good IV, +spd/-res and I also had a +spd/-res 4* Reinhardt. Idk if I should add them to horse emblem or maybe just use them for off horse teams. Also idk if my reinhardt is worth upgrading to 5* because of his IV. Edit: forgot to mention I also have 3 4*Titania(+def/-hp, -atk/+hp, -def/+atk) if they can be on Horse, but if not as good as my other unit then its fine.

An off topic question though. I have read that it is better for F2P players to get +merges at 4* rather than 5*. My question is should I be doing this to improve my troops? What if I already upgraded people to 5* with good IVs? Should I be merging them to a 4* to get those 5* skills and added sp? Or do I just go ahead and leave them at 5*?

In order:

1. Shuffle your horse team around and see what fits.  Lyn, Roy, Cecilia, and Camus/Reinhardt sound good (but only if Rein has Dire Thunder).  +Spd can be used if you want him to bait things. . .what do you mean, Brave users shouldn't bait? :P:

2. The only time merges matter for stats is when you merge things of the same star level, for the (level)+(merge level).  I'll take my Azama, who's currently 40+6.  He has 12 extra stats thanks to those merge levels.  If I get him to 40+10, he'll have 20 extra stats, which is more than the 10 or so extra I'd have if I bumped him to 5*.  Ideally, he'd be a 40+10 5* merge, but I have much better things to do with my feathers!

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

In order:

1. Shuffle your horse team around and see what fits.  Lyn, Roy, Cecilia, and Camus/Reinhardt sound good (but only if Rein has Dire Thunder).  +Spd can be used if you want him to bait things. . .what do you mean, Brave users shouldn't bait? :P:

2. The only time merges matter for stats is when you merge things of the same star level, for the (level)+(merge level).  I'll take my Azama, who's currently 40+6.  He has 12 extra stats thanks to those merge levels.  If I get him to 40+10, he'll have 20 extra stats, which is more than the 10 or so extra I'd have if I bumped him to 5*.  Ideally, he'd be a 40+10 5* merge, but I have much better things to do with my feathers!

1. I do like the idea of baiting. That is normally the strat I do. Though will Reinhardt be bulky enough to take hits without dying?

2. So what if I want to make merges for my Nino? I have multiple 3*/4* but I had already upgraded the one I use to 5*. Should I merge her to a 4* one with similar IV, get the learned skills and start the merge from there? Or do I just keep her as a 5* and maybe have the patience to upgrade other ninos to 5* and merge? Or would this be a waste of feather resources? I know its easier to get feathers now but 20k is still a lot.

4 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

1. I do like the idea of baiting. That is normally the strat I do. Though will Reinhardt be bulky enough to take hits without dying?

2. So what if I want to make merges for my Nino? I have multiple 3*/4* but I had already upgraded the one I use to 5*. Should I merge her to a 4* one with similar IV, get the learned skills and start the merge from there? Or do I just keep her as a 5* and maybe have the patience to upgrade other ninos to 5* and merge? Or would this be a waste of feather resources? I know its easier to get feathers now but 20k is still a lot.

1. Rein is surprisingly bulky.  He should be able to safely bait slower red units (especially the likes of Sanaki).  With Hone Cavalry, your Rein can bait a unit with 31 or less Speed, and will most likely survive (but don't do this against my Spring Camilla, she can one-shot him).

2. The best thing to do IMO is to get a 4* Nino with a good boon/bane, and turn her into a +10 merge.  She'll outperform your 5* one.  If you come across 200,000 feathers, though. . .

Or, you can pass those extra Ninos to me, since I'm always in need of Draw Back fodder!

Edited by eclipse

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

1. Rein is surprisingly bulky.  He should be able to safely bait slower red units (especially the likes of Sanaki).  With Hone Cavalry, your Rein can bait a unit with 31 or less Speed, and will most likely survive (but don't do this against my Spring Camilla, she can one-shot him).

2. The best thing to do IMO is to get a 4* Nino with a good boon/bane, and turn her into a +10 merge.  She'll outperform your 5* one.  If you come across 200,000 feathers, though. . .

1. Even though I have a res bane? Also if I do make him somewhat of a baiter, would fury be viable to add to his bulk? Or will sticking to the meta Death blow still be better?

2. If I do that do I have to start all over with her SI? Or can I just transfer skills from my 5* one to the 4* one?

Just now, ScarletSylph said:

1. Even though I have a res bane? Also if I do make him somewhat of a baiter, would fury be viable to add to his bulk? Or will sticking to the meta Death blow still be better?

2. If I do that do I have to start all over with her SI? Or can I just transfer skills from my 5* one to the 4* one?

1. Yes, even if you have a Res bane.  Rein is pretty bulky.  Yes, he can be ORKO'd but that means you challenged Julia to a magic match or something.

2. Sadly, yes.  But as long as you didn't give her a ton of 5* exclusive skills (like Life and Death), you should be okay.  I'd keep the 5* one around regardless.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

1. Yes, even if you have a Res bane.  Rein is pretty bulky.  Yes, he can be ORKO'd but that means you challenged Julia to a magic match or something.

2. Sadly, yes.  But as long as you didn't give her a ton of 5* exclusive skills (like Life and Death), you should be okay.  I'd keep the 5* one around regardless.

1. Alright I may give him a try then. If it doesn't work out will just switch Camus back in.

2. Well that sucks but I didn't invest any 5* exclusive so I'm still good. Just sad that I couldn't have her inherit the gronblade+ as a 4*+ merge

Thanks for answering all my questions!

6 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

1. Alright I may give him a try then. If it doesn't work out will just switch Camus back in.

2. Well that sucks but I didn't invest any 5* exclusive so I'm still good. Just sad that I couldn't have her inherit the gronblade+ as a 4*+ merge

You CAN have her inherit blade+ as a 4*, but I wouldn't recommend it.

What are some good teams I could run with these characters? I've been using the active team at the top for a long time, but I'm not really sure who has the best synergy. Bridal Lyn is there too, but she didn't fit in the picture. Figured I should put more thought into my teams with supports being out and all

feheroes.jpg

46 minutes ago, WinterMidnight said:

What are some good teams I could run with these characters? I've been using the active team at the top for a long time, but I'm not really sure who has the best synergy. Bridal Lyn is there too, but she didn't fit in the picture. Figured I should put more thought into my teams with supports being out and all

feheroes.jpg

BH!Lyn, Nino, and Azura will form a decent core for an Arena team. The fourth unit can either be Ike or a bonus unit.

BB!Lyn is very good on a training team. She prevents her target from counter attacking, so the trainee can attack without being hurt.

8 hours ago, Thonir said:

Hey guys, I got a Hector with my free summon from the TT banner and I was wondering if I should give someone DC. I do have a Hector already, and the ivs were the same (-hp/+res). 

I was thinking of passing it to maybe Brave Ike (neutral), Amelia (-spd/+def), or Brave Roy (-spd/+hp). Should I just wait until after the Black Knight GHB to see what he has or see if he needs it? I don't have Zephiel, unfortunately.

Thanks!

Either Brave Ike or Amelia would like it. Maybe Amelia a bit more since armours are susceptible to mages, Brave Ike makes good use of DC but not sure if you want to wait for a better natured one. I guess it depends on who use more and how many blue mages you see.

1 hour ago, ScarletSylph said:

Why? Isn't more mt good to increase her damage more? I wanted to optimize her to be as strong as possible since I have an Eirika to pair with her.

I'd keep A 5* Nino around since there's no telling what will happen in the future.  While blade+ is a slight bump in damage, it will be mostly made-up for via the extra stats from a +10 merge.  Fury/buffs should take care of the rest.  As long as Nino doesn't try to duel Sanaki, she should be fine.

1 hour ago, ScarletSylph said:

If you plan to make her 4* +10, it would make sense to give her gronblade+. But don't let her inherit it, do a merge. 4* Nino will learn directly all skills that 5* had learned before and you'll get an additional merge on her. 

Alternatively you could promote your better IV Nino (i.e. +speed) to 5* and merge the other Nino into her. That would increase her speed directly by 1 (boon stats are rised first). This wouldn't be the worst option, since even for a 4* +10 you'll need to pull 11 Ninos, which is not few. 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo ('s)

11 hours ago, Khid said:

I got a +atk -spd Innes and I was wondering if he's salvageable with those IVs and if so, which skills would be best for him? I'd rather keep Nidhogg as his weapon because I don't have 20k feathers to get brave bow+

I got a +HP/-SPD Innes and he's great. I'm sure he'd be better with a different IV, but I can use him to bait mages & very few of them survive the encounter. Build him up, unless you've got tons of great five star archers I'm sure you'll be glad you did. 

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

I'd keep A 5* Nino around since there's no telling what will happen in the future.  While blade+ is a slight bump in damage, it will be mostly made-up for via the extra stats from a +10 merge.  Fury/buffs should take care of the rest.  As long as Nino doesn't try to duel Sanaki, she should be fine.

Alright thanks! Will take you up on that advice. Will just work on another Nino for my 4* merge. Just gotta find one that has at least a +spd boon as well.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

If you plan to make her 4* +10, it would make sense to give her gronblade+. But don't let her inherit it, do a merge. 4* Nino will learn directly all skills that 5* had learned before and you'll get an additional merge on her. 

Alternatively you could promote your better IV Nino (i.e. +speed) to 5* and merge the other Nino into her. That would increase her speed directly by 1 (boon stats are rised first). This wouldn't be the worst option, since even for a 4* +10 you'll need to pull 11 Ninos, which is not few. 

I did actually promote my better IV nino(+spd/-res) to a 5*. I just need to look at my pile of other ninos to see if there are any other +spd IVs. I've been blessed with a lot of Ninos, not enough for a +10 but quite a bit of them.

Though I might actually do what eclipse said and keep that 5* and start another 4* nino merge. I really don't like merging down a 5* to a 4* especially since I made that 4* into a 5* xD

I want to promote a Cecilia to 5* but I'm not sure what nature is best. I'm going to start with TA Raven but I might consider Gronblade in the future. These are my options:

+Atk, -HP

+Atk, -Res

+Spd, -Def

+Spd, -Res

+Res, -Def

Thoughts?

40 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I want to promote a Cecilia to 5* but I'm not sure what nature is best. I'm going to start with TA Raven but I might consider Gronblade in the future. These are my options:

+Atk, -HP

+Atk, -Res

+Spd, -Def

+Spd, -Res

+Res, -Def

Thoughts?

I have yet to try her out myself in a cav team, but -Def is definitely her best bane, so I'd say you should go either with +Spd or +Res: you could look into what matchups +Res survives and who +Spd doubles that neutral speed doesn't

19 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

I have yet to try her out myself in a cav team, but -Def is definitely her best bane, so I'd say you should go either with +Spd or +Res: you could look into what matchups +Res survives and who +Spd doubles that neutral speed doesn't

I'd say her ideal nature is +Spd, -HP. The speed boon gives +4 points rather than +3. The problem is, a -Def bane lowers her ability to tank bows (Brave Bow in particular), and the -Res bane lowers her stats by 4 rather than 3. I suppose I could mitigate lowered defensive stats with Fortify Cavalry, but ideally she would be able to counter colorless without support.

Edited by NekoKnight

Spoiler

4xZ6tsC.png

If Lukas attacks from his current position, he knocks Alm down to 11HP. If he were to attack from beneath Klein, he knocks Alm down to 8. Could someone please run a refresher on how that works?

(Celica does have Spur Defence, but...)

53 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:
  Hide contents

4xZ6tsC.png

If Lukas attacks from his current position, he knocks Alm down to 11HP. If he were to attack from beneath Klein, he knocks Alm down to 8. Could someone please run a refresher on how that works?

(Celica does have Spur Defence, but...)

Does Spur Def stack with Bonfire/Ignis perhaps? 

/Edit: The calculator says bonfire profits from Spur Def. 

Edited by mampfoid