"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

34 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Other than Cherche, who's a good Brave Axe user? A 5* -Atk Raven broke my pity rate when I was trying to summon for Ike...

Pretty much any Axe user with good Atk.  Frederick is a nice choice, as he can be further buffed with Hone Cavalry.  I've seen some people suggest it for Titania, but her Atk is a tad too low for anything but her Emerald Axe, in my opinion.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the heck does Mae's default kit have Desperation when she has 31 base speed?

23 minutes ago, Boltlightning said:

Should I replace wrys with mathilda, Clive, Elise, or ninian?

Screenshot_20170910-194858.png

Mathilda is generally better than Clive, but either can work with Horse Emblem buffs.

With tomorrows arena feathers I will be able to do my next 5* promotion. I'm considering to promote Anna (alternatives see below), since i could play around with Nóatún for 2 days in TT and the fact that Fury-Anna survives an attack by +ATK +10 Reinhardt with DB3 and Moonbow active. She already got Desperation 2+ Draw Back from 4* Mae and I would sacrifice my last Hinata to give her Fury 3, or is Darting Blow better? Swift Sparrow isn't an option.  

I'm not sure about her special though, Astra takes too long to proc. On first glance Vengeance/Reprisal seem to have best synergy with her set, but Luna and Iceberg give more kills even without that low-HP requirement. 

Alternatives to Anna for the promotion:

Spoiler
  • Valter
  • M!Robin
  • Fae (+ATK -HP)
  • Brave+ for Cherche (4*+7 +ATK)
  • Brave+/DB3 for Jeorge (5* +ATK -SPD)

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

With tomorrows arena feathers I will be able to do my next 5* promotion. I'm considering to promote Anna (alternatives see below), since i could play around with Nóatún for 2 days in TT and the fact that Fury-Anna survives an attack by +ATK +10 Reinhardt with DB3 and Moonbow active. She already got Desperation 2+ Draw Back from 4* Mae and I would sacrifice my last Hinata to give her Fury 3, or is Darting Blow better? Swift Sparrow isn't an option.  

I'm not sure about her special though, Astra takes too long to proc. On first glance Vengeance/Reprisal seem to have best synergy with her set, but Luna and Iceberg give more kills even without that low-HP requirement. 

Alternatives to Anna for the promotion:

Hide contents
  • Valter
  • M!Robin
  • Fae (+ATK -HP)
  • Brave+ for Cherche (4*+7 +ATK)
  • Brave+/DB3 for Jeorge (5* +ATK -SPD)

It all depends on who else you have.  The only one that I'd shy away from is Jeorge, since my standards for Brave Bow archers is insanely high.

Just now, eclipse said:

It all depends on who else you have.  The only one that I'd shy away from is Jeorge, since my standards for Brave Bow archers is insanely high.

A good brave archer is the one thing i'm missing. +ATK Jeorge and +ATK Virion are currently my best candidates (better than Klein) apart from neutral BH!Lyn, who already got a good kit of her own. My Leon is -ATK and i never got Innes, S!Gaius, Takumi and B!Cordelia. 

Robin works fine for me even with 4*, Fae is part of a long term dragon project and Valter would be promoted just for fun since i got many good lances. Anna would be good as Reinhardt bait, Arena bonus unit and you can't have enough green units for AA. 

Pulled a +Def/-Speed BH!Roy. He's going to replace Cain on my horse team that currently consists of Camus, Cecillia, Reinhardt. Since that team can't really handle axes, I will most likely give him Axebreaker. Which assist, trigger, and A skills would he like?

Edited by tobuShogi

2 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Pulled a +Def/-Speed BH!Roy. He's going to replace Cain on my horse team that currently consists of Camus, Cecillia, Reinhardt. Since that team can't really handle axes, I will most likely give him Axebreaker. Which assist, trigger, and A skills would he like?

I prefer Reposition, but others also like Swap. If you do not need positioning Assists, you can try to pad the score with Rally Def/Res which can be obtained from Roderick.

If you mean Special, Roy can either stick with his default Galeforce or you can go with Luna.

Since Roy has enough attack, he actually needs Darting Blow to boost his Speed to get more kills. You can also give him Fury, but it will not land him as many kills. Ideally, BH!Roy should have Life and Death if you can afford it, but I do not recommend investing too much into this one since he has the worst Bane ever.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

I have a +HP -Spd Ephraim... what's he looking for? I've heard T-Adept or Fury, Lancebreaker or Quick Riposte...

Depends on his teammates. Fury is always good, so I would go with that. I prefer Quick Riposte for more offensive options, but you can also go Lancebreaker for more survivability.

If you have trouble with red units, you can go with Triangle Adept, but I do not think they pose that much of a threat right now.

Edited by XRay

22k feathers, need opinions, this seems so ritualistic by now...

My mass summoning got delayed by a week, so I won't be able to guarantee any GOOD units come my way any time soon... but for now, here's my best options:

Spoiler

Current situation: While I have a good amount of Blues and Greens by now, it still isn't that large a number. My red numbers are just fine, but I have almost no magical Red units to speak of, besides Lilina

Hana (+Spd -HP): Brave Sword+ user, still doesn't have a Brave Sword+ yet though.

Chrom (+Att -Def): A more recent pull, this is gonna be as close to good as I'll get out of a Chrom.

Brave Sword+ Fodder: For Hana, Chrom, or Alfonse. All 3 seem to excel when they have a Brave Sword in hand, though my main gripe here is that if I promote Brave Sword+ fodder, then the unit who gets the sword won't be able to 5* for a while...

Clive: Still sitting at 4* doing not much. He still needs Sapphire Lance+ and Quick Riposte 3, but that still requires a Subaki to spare, which I don't have and probably won't have for a while...

Alfonse/Sharena: They've both been doing nothing for a long time now, and since there is no guarantee I will have the bonus units nessesary for any given occasion, it might be worth it to promote one of them to 5* and get some skills on them.

Narcian: Been a good Lance counter since I reluctantly trained him, but since he's been doing just fine with EmAxe and Lancebreaker 3 it might not be worth it to have the extra 5 attack and 2 other stats...

Legion: I have no SI planned for him yet, but it might be good to expand my options of Greens.

Leon (+Att -Spd): All he needs is Death Blow 3 and Brave Bow + and I'll have a good Bow user to pair up with my other 3 good Bow users (Brave Lyn and Bridelia). Problem here being that Leon really just needs Klein to show up, but lo and behold Klein remains just as illusive as before.

Brave Bow+ fodder: I have a 3* Gordin I'm willing to throw away to Leon or Bridelia. Leon would remain at 4* with no Death Blow while Bridelia has, to be honest, providing good results just with her default Cupid Bow. While I am all and also willing to have an OP Brave Bow on my side after months of sitting on it, I do have this perfectly good Leon to give it to as well...

Adult Tiki (+Att -Def): I have no magical Red units, and Tiki comes with Lightning Breath+ by default, but I don't know much about how to use her otherwise...

Tharja (+HP -Def): Same as Tiki, but with a less ideal nature and no real attachment to the character beyond certain... assets.

One last question, is +Att -Spd any good on Beruka? I know her Defense is so high it might be more worth it to run +Def or +Res, but the extra attack might lend to extra kills faster with just her default Killer Axe, even if she is largely an enemy phase unit. What about +Def -HP?

Edited by Xenomata

@Xenomata -Spd is ideal on Beruka, but I think +Def might be better in the end, since it's more damage for Bonfire/Ignis anyway, and her whole point, like Lukas, is to not die. +Atk isn't bad at all though. Better than cutting into bulk.

I recommend 5*ing an Askr. They really need just minimal SI (like Swordbreaker 2 + Drag Back from one Sully minimal) to be good enough in the Arena, and their legendaries are worth good points.

@Ice Dragon Is your Firesweep Peri +Atk? I have this +Atk -Def one, and I'm tempted to build her, but not sure if I should wait for +Spd...

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I prefer Reposition, but others also like Swap. If you do not need positioning Assists, you can try to pad the score with Rally Def/Res which can be obtained from Roderick.

If you mean Special, Roy can either stick with his default Galeforce or you can go with Luna.

Since Roy has enough attack, he actually needs Darting Blow to boost his Speed to get more kills. You can also give him Fury, but it will not land him as many kills. Ideally, BH!Roy should have Life and Death if you can afford it, but I do not recommend investing too much into this one since he has the worst Bane ever.

Yeah, I was debating how much I should invest into him given his sub-optimal natures especially since I have only 2 Laslow's in my box and I don't really use my horse team outside of AA and the monthly quests. Darting Blow is definitely doable though. As for his special, I think I'm just gonna go with Galeforce since he gets it naturally. If only you can just learn Galeforce. I think I'll try Swap on him first for the sake of variety. 

Edited by tobuShogi

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Is your Firesweep Peri +Atk? I have this +Atk -Def one, and I'm tempted to build her, but not sure if I should wait for +Spd...

Mine's [+Atk, -Res] since her primary build is still Brave Lance+. I haven't found too many instances where I wished I had +Spd instead, and the +Atk has been helpful for particularly bulky opponents on Infernal maps.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

22k feathers, need opinions, this seems so ritualistic by now...

My mass summoning got delayed by a week, so I won't be able to guarantee any GOOD units come my way any time soon... but for now, here's my best options:

Hide contents

Current situation: While I have a good amount of Blues and Greens by now, it still isn't that large a number. My red numbers are just fine, but I have almost no magical Red units to speak of, besides Lilina

Hana (+Spd -HP): Brave Sword+ user, still doesn't have a Brave Sword+ yet though.

Chrom (+Att -Def): A more recent pull, this is gonna be as close to good as I'll get out of a Chrom.

Brave Sword+ Fodder: For Hana, Chrom, or Alfonse. All 3 seem to excel when they have a Brave Sword in hand, though my main gripe here is that if I promote Brave Sword+ fodder, then the unit who gets the sword won't be able to 5* for a while...

Clive: Still sitting at 4* doing not much. He still needs Sapphire Lance+ and Quick Riposte 3, but that still requires a Subaki to spare, which I don't have and probably won't have for a while...

Alfonse/Sharena: They've both been doing nothing for a long time now, and since there is no guarantee I will have the bonus units nessesary for any given occasion, it might be worth it to promote one of them to 5* and get some skills on them.

Narcian: Been a good Lance counter since I reluctantly trained him, but since he's been doing just fine with EmAxe and Lancebreaker 3 it might not be worth it to have the extra 5 attack and 2 other stats...

Legion: I have no SI planned for him yet, but it might be good to expand my options of Greens.

Leon (+Att -Spd): All he needs is Death Blow 3 and Brave Bow + and I'll have a good Bow user to pair up with my other 3 good Bow users (Brave Lyn and Bridelia). Problem here being that Leon really just needs Klein to show up, but lo and behold Klein remains just as illusive as before.

Brave Bow+ fodder: I have a 3* Gordin I'm willing to throw away to Leon or Bridelia. Leon would remain at 4* with no Death Blow while Bridelia has, to be honest, providing good results just with her default Cupid Bow. While I am all and also willing to have an OP Brave Bow on my side after months of sitting on it, I do have this perfectly good Leon to give it to as well...

Adult Tiki (+Att -Def): I have no magical Red units, and Tiki comes with Lightning Breath+ by default, but I don't know much about how to use her otherwise...

Tharja (+HP -Def): Same as Tiki, but with a less ideal nature and no real attachment to the character beyond certain... assets.

One last question, is +Att -Spd any good on Beruka? I know her Defense is so high it might be more worth it to run +Def or +Res, but the extra attack might lend to extra kills faster with just her default Killer Axe, even if she is largely an enemy phase unit. What about +Def -HP?

Promoting any of the Askr trio is always a good option, since one is always on rotation for the Arena. Plus, Sharena and Anna are great units, and Alfonse performs reasonably well most of the time.

For Adult Tiki, she's an enemy phase tank, so a -Def nature is pretty mediocre, since it compromises her ability to do her job well. She does okay with -Def, but I'd wait until you have a better nature, either +Def or +Atk . I originally had promoted a -Def/+Res Tiki, and she didn't see a lot of use. But I upgraded to a +Def Tiki and merged them, put Def+3 in the a slot, gave her a seal for Def+1 and now she has 43 Def. She can pretty much tank anything physical with minimal damage, and she has no fear of all of the Bow Lyns that have been running around in the Arena lately. I love fielding her now.

I've found that I really like optimizing the defense of super tanky units, so given my choice for Beruka, I personally would like the +Def/-HP one. If you kept her Killer Axe+ and gave her QR and Ignis, she would proc Ignis on her QR hit, that would delete many a thing. The +Atk/-Spd one would also be a solid choice, since her speed is irredeemable, and +Atk is pretty much always desirable. But I wouldn't prioritize her unless you really like Beruka, since her uses can be sometimes be niche. She's a nice super-tank for green, if you're in need of that.

As for Legion, I'd prioritize promoting Anna before him. They're both super-fast axe-wielders, so they occupy a similar niche. There are nice quad builds for him, but they require a lot of investment.

Clive should be considered pretty much only if you're needing to fill a hole in a Horse Emblem team, or you need a reasonably tanky lance. But I think you're just better off waiting until Camus rolls around again.

Brave Bow+ Bridelia is a really good unit, I wish I had her.

For Hana and Chrom, I'd say wait, since you said you have sufficient red units for now.

Your Tharja has a fine nature, and she's one I'd recommend promoting given that Lilina is your sole source of red magic damage right now. Tharja has a -blade tome, so, if she has the Hone Atk + Spd buffs from her teammates, she'll perform really well. She'd do better with either a +Atk or Spd nature, but I don't think it would matter a whole lot here.

So, in short, those are my thoughts on that. I'd prioritize Askr trio and Tharja out of that group, if utility is what you're after.

On 9/9/2017 at 11:13 PM, Zeo said:

Does the Wo Dao+'s +10 Damage to all specials apply to Noontime/Sol/Daylight?

How so if so? I'm guessing if you were going to do 10 damage to the unit, the bonus would just add a flat 10 for 20 and if Sol is your special you'll recover 10 HP instead of 5, is that correct? Kinda sounds like a Mini-Aether if that's the case.

Similiarly, I'd like to know how it plays with defensive skills like Pavise and the like. Any idea?

@Ice Dragon

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Wo Dao and Dark Excalibur have no effect on special skills that activate on the opponent's attacks.

Figures. Shit would be stupid broken if you were able to, like, hold on to it while nobody activated it or whatever.

Thanks.

In my quest to get 7 CYLyn counters, I was surprised I looked over one candidate.  I have a -HP,+Atk Boey.  Would a Gronnraven Boey with Bowbreaker work as a nice counter?  Would he require TA or would his native Earth Boost work better?  I'm not sure how the numbers would line up, but would he be able to avoid damage entirely?  I don't know if the +6 is factor before or after the x1.2 for triangle advantage.  Also, would Boey's attack be good enough to KO Lyn without TA3 or maybe even 2?

In my quest to get 7 CYLyn counters, I was surprised I looked over one candidate.  I have a -HP,+Atk Boey.  Would a Gronnraven Boey with Bowbreaker work as a nice counter?  Would he require TA or would his native Earth Boost work better?  I'm not sure how the numbers would line up, but would he be able to avoid damage entirely?  I don't know if the +6 is factor before or after the x1.2 for triangle advantage.  Also, would Boey's attack be good enough to KO Lyn without TA3 or maybe even 2?

@Rezzy

Spoiler

Against a Lv. 40 +10, +Atk - Res max buffs LaD Brave Lyn with her default Mulagir, a +Atk -HP Boey with Gronnraven+ does 17x2 and recieves 20 in return. With a Brave Bow+, that becomes 15x2.

Boey also takes 3x2 damage from Brave Bow+ Lyn and 7x2 from Mulagir Lyn with TA3, and KO's on the counter in both scenarios.

This means Boey can handle two stock Brave Lyns at most but can only handle a single Brave Bow Lyn, unless you replace Earth Boost with Triangle Adept. Doing so leaves you vulnerable to Cancel Affinity, however.

Fortunately, Boey can live a Quick Pulse Moonbow from this same Brave Bow Lyn, if you were worried about that too, albeit barely at 1 HP.

If you have a Hone buffs, you can make quick work of Lyn on the counter, but otherwise you'll want TA3 if you want Boey to counterkill with minimal damage taken.

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Rezzy

Hide contents

Against a Lv. 40 +10, +Atk - Res max buffs LaD Brave Lyn with her default Mulagir, a +Atk -HP Boey with Gronnraven+ does 17x2 and recieves 16 in return. With a Brave Bow+, that becomes 14x2.

Boey also takes 3x2 damage from Brave Bow+ Lyn and 7x2 from Mulagir Lyn with TA3, and KO's on the counter in both scenarios.

This means Boey can handle two stock Brave Lyns at most but can only handle a single Brave Bow Lyn, unless you replace Earth Boost with Triangle Adept. Doing so leaves you vulnerable to Cancel Affinity, however.

Fortunately, Boey can live a Quick Pulse Moonbow from this same Brave Bow Lyn, if you were worried about that too, albeit barely at 3 HP.

If you have a Hone buffs, you can make quick work of Lyn on the counter, but otherwise you'll want TA3 if you want Boey to counterkill with minimal damage taken.

Cool, I'm glad I had like 5 Roys to spare before starting on the Raven marathon.  I hope I get more next time I'm pulling for Reds.

Now I've got

Soren

Robin 4*

Sophia 4*

Boey (soon, once I get him Gronnraven+)

I tried Henry, but he's so cruddy in general, I'm hesitant to use any feathers on him.

What's a good build for a +HP/-Spd Brave Ike? I'm using him primarily as an enemy-phase unit and built him with Swap, Aether, Steady Breath, QR2, Threaten Def, and the Distant Def seal, but is there are more optimal build than that?

Edited by Levin's Scarf