"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Volkk said:

I got two Eirikas, one +atk -res and another +spd -res. Which is better?

Both are really good. I would go with the +Spd one since it could avoid being doubled just in case you accidentally leave it in enemy range.

I would keep both and see which one you like better.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

Both are really good. I would go with the +Spd one since it could avoid being doubled just in case you accidentally leave it in enemy range.

I would keep both and see which one you like better.

Well, I also think that spd is more important, but Atk boon in Eirika increases her atk in 4 points, and spd boon increases only 3, so I dunno exactly what to do. hm

Just now, Volkk said:

Well, I also think that spd is more important, but Atk boon in Eirika increases her atk in 4 points, and spd boon increases only 3, so I dunno exactly what to do. hm

You can test it out in Arena Assault. The worst case scenario is that you have both at level 40 and kept both, which is not too bad either.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

If you have favorites, and if you do not mind being a little behind in the Arena, it is perfectly fine hoard Orbs and go for your favorites. You are going get some game breaking units anyway in the process while you summon your favorite units. You might have less game breaking units than others, but you will bound to have some; some is all you need for most of the game, though having more certainly does not hurt. Nino, Klein, Reinhardt, etc. are all available at under 5*.

If you do not have any particular favorites or you are into minimaxing, you can either go for the Hero Fest banner that every new player has access to for about a week or two, or you can go for the Brave Heroes banner that is active right now. Minimaxing will allow you go up the Arena ladder quickly and maintain your rank; it will also give you a solid income of Feathers and Orbs to work on anything you desire. You have BH!Lyn, who is arguably the best archer in the game right now and she is on a horse. Any Dancer/Singer is amazing. You just need a mage and maybe a Distant Counter infantry unit like Nowi or Ike unit to pad your Arena score.

There are also limited holiday banners where you can only get certain units for a limited time. Although there are a few lackluster characters occasionally, most are solid units and a few are the best in their class.

No favourites so that means I can just pull whoever :)  I guess I'll keep running BH Lyn, Hector, and Ninian until I find anything under your range nuke list =)

So I finally got a Brave Ike but with my luck, I ended up with a -atk/+spd IV (of course all the Ikes I get are -atk xD) Question now is what kind of build should I use to build around the -atk? Will his standard kit still be fine even with -atk?

Another question I have is that while pulling for brave Ike, I got a couple more Reinhardts and was lucky to get a +atk/-def one. My question now, is it better to upgrade my good IV one to 5* or upgrade a bad IV one then merge it to the 4* good IV one to get + stats and the 5* skills at the same time?

6 hours ago, ScarletSylph said:

So I finally got a Brave Ike but with my luck, I ended up with a -atk/+spd IV (of course all the Ikes I get are -atk xD) Question now is what kind of build should I use to build around the -atk? Will his standard kit still be fine even with -atk?

Another question I have is that while pulling for brave Ike, I got a couple more Reinhardts and was lucky to get a +atk/-def one. My question now, is it better to upgrade my good IV one to 5* or upgrade a bad IV one then merge it to the 4* good IV one to get + stats and the 5* skills at the same time?

Just use a standard build and use Fury and Bonfire. For his B slot, you can either keep Beorc's Blessing or go for Guard or Quick Riposte.

I do not recommend merging down a unit. It is a waste of Feathers for horrible stat increases. Promoting the [+Atk, -Def] directly gives +2/3 to all its stats. Promoting the bad one and merging down gives +1 to HP and another stat.

11 hours ago, Soul~! said:

I love how Swordbreaker automatically adds like 15-20 matchups to the calculator.

There are a lot more sword units than any other weapon.

3 minutes ago, Sakuto said:

This question is a little broad and obviously very subjective, but I was wondering what are some units you guys believe would be worth it to 4+10 rather than to 5 star.

Any unit that is summonable at 3* (i.e.: cannot be summoned as a 5* unless they are a focus unit) is usually better to just +10 them at 4*. 4*+10 is the equivalent of 5*+4/5.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Any unit that is summonable at 3* (i.e.: cannot be summoned as a 5* unless they are a focus unit) is usually better to just +10 them at 4*. 4*+10 is the equivalent of 5*+4/5.

Do you think their 4* base weapon would be worth it or instead should I try to inherit the 5 star version onto the four star one?

12 hours ago, XRay said:

Just use a standard build and use Fury and Bonfire. For his B slot, you can either keep Beorc's Blessing or go for Guard or Quick Riposte.

I do not recommend merging down a unit. It is a waste of Feathers for horrible stat increases. Promoting the [+Atk, -Def] directly gives +2/3 to all its stats. Promoting the bad one and merging down gives +1 to HP and another stat.

Seems similar to my normal Ike build. Although I was wondering if aether is worth on brave ike since he has special cd on his weapon?

I guess I will promote my good IV then. Thanks

56 minutes ago, Sakuto said:

Do you think their 4* base weapon would be worth it or instead should I try to inherit the 5 star version onto the four star one?

It depends on what your goals are. If you are aiming to stay in Arena Tier 20, you need Weapons+. I think regular Weapons are fine if you plan to bounce between Tier 18 and Tier 19; that was months ago, so I am not sure if that is still the case now.

For Arena Assault, regular weapons are good enough. I do not recommend over investing for Arena Assault. You can check the enemy team before the battle and you just need to bring hard counters.

46 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Seems similar to my normal Ike build. Although I was wondering if aether is worth on brave ike since he has special cd on his weapon?

I guess I will promote my good IV then. Thanks

For combat performance, I do not think Aether is worth it. Enemy Phase units work best in their first round of combat with full HP. I do not think it is ever worth it to cripple a unit's first round of combat just to activate a Special later in their second or third round of combat; there are so many other factors that you cannot account for, such as positioning and whether or not the enemy has Vantage. In my opinion, killing enemies as soon as possible is a better overall strategy.

BH!Ike +Spd -Atk
Urvan
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase [Bonfire] 73:4:91
Enemy Phase [Aether] 43:4:121

Edited by XRay

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

For combat performance, I do not think Aether is worth it. Enemy Phase units work best in their first round of combat with full HP. I do not think it is ever worth it to cripple a unit's first round of combat just to activate a Special later in their second or third round of combat; there are so many other factors that you cannot account for, such as positioning and whether or not the enemy has Vantage. In my opinion, killing enemies as soon as possible is a better overall strategy.

BH!Ike +Spd -Atk
Urvan
Fury, Quick Riposte

That makes sense. Will stick to bonfire then. Thanks

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

BH!Ike +Spd -Atk
Urvan
Fury, Quick Riposte

50 minutes ago, GenericHero said:

Which is better, a neutral Lilina or a +Def -Spd Lilina?

Neutral is better. Her Defense is not good enough for Raven builds in my opinion.

50 minutes ago, GenericHero said:

Which is better, a neutral Lilina or a +Def -Spd Lilina?

Neutral is better. Her Defense is not good enough for Raven builds in my opinion.

7 hours ago, ScarletSylph said:

I messed with the calculator some more. Steady Breath and Ignis with Quick Riposte will dish out even more kills. The 4 coolddoon Specials slipped my mind for some reason. I would keep Steady Breath and not give BH!Ike Fury.

BH!Ike +Spd -Atk
Urvan, Ignis
Steady Breath, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 80:7:81

7 hours ago, XRay said:

BH!Ike +Spd -Atk
Urvan
Fury, Quick Riposte

Got a second Brave Lucina. This one is +Def/-Hp, my first one is +Atk/-Spd.

I think the +Atk one is better, even with the speed bane. I was tempted to try a Brave Lance build on her, maybe I should do it with the +Atk one and keep the +Def with base kit.

Or isn't worth it to try Brave Lance on her?

5 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Got a second Brave Lucina. This one is +Def/-Hp, my first one is +Atk/-Spd.

I think the +Atk one is better, even with the speed bane. I was tempted to try a Brave Lance build on her, maybe I should do it with the +Atk one and keep the +Def with base kit.

Or isn't worth it to try Brave Lance on her?

She is good with a Brave Lance set.

BH!Lucina +Atk, -Spd
Brave Lance, Luna
Life and Death, Lancebreaker
Player Phase 142:9:17
Player Phase [Death Blow] 137:10:21

You might want to hold off on getting Lancebreaker for a bit and see if Oscar will drop to 4* with Lancebreaker 3 unlocked.