"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 minutes ago, JHufself said:

Just pulled Nephenee from the new banner: +Def, -HP. My plan was to pull at least 2 so that I could use one for SI to pass Wrath. Does this nature seem like something I should pour resources into? I am a little apprehensive of investing in the case that a 2nd Nephenee turns out to have a better nature (+Atk/Spd, -HP/Res, for example). But for +Def, I can definitely see some merits as a Bonfire or Ignis user. Plus, her Defense after L+D3 is still an astonishingly high 32 (!!) so I could make her about as good as the two natures I listed as "better". What are some people's thoughts?

Seems like a great nature to take advantage of Wrath with, packing the Def for Bonfire and having a lower HP threshold for triggering Wrath. You can always wait until you get your second one before you invest though.

I don't recommend Ignis for her. She is much too fast to be doubled and Quick Riposte occupies the same slot as Wrath. Bonfire is much better here.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I've got a Lucius now, and I think it's time I asked- what exactly does Martyr do, and why do people consider it as good as, if not better than, Rehabilitate? I'm not seeing it.

Martyr heals a flat amount of HP and isn't dependent on how much the patient has lost; rather, it's 7+Lost HP of the staffer. In addition, the staffer recovers half of the HP they lost, which combined with Live to Serve can provide a burst heal to both units?

It's too risky to use since it requires leaving your staff user in enemy range, and it tends to heal less than Rehabilitate and Recover; Recover is better to keep units topped off while Rehab can save units from certain death. Don't use Martyr.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

It's too risky to use since it requires leaving your staff user in enemy range, and it tends to heal less than Rehabilitate and Recover; Recover is better to keep units topped off while Rehab can save units from certain death. Don't use Martyr.

Was thinking as much. Well, at any rate, I'll need to nab a Recover for Lucius at some point. Might be a good time to clean out whatever healers I have.

Did a pull on the Crimean banner, and I've got some questions. One is thanks to another 5-star Seth.

1. Which is a better boon/bane for Eirika: +HP/-Res, or +Def/-Spd?

2. I got a +Res/-Atk Athena. This is a bad boon/bane, I know that much. But is there a decent, somewhat cheap build for her? I want to make her usable for a gimmick team I have in mind; I'll obviously avoid 5-starring her until I get a better nature, at least.

3. I've mentioned before that I want to make Fir usable, and I've been told that giving her TA3 or a Ruby Sword+ would be good to help with that. My question is: which would be better? A Ruby Sword+ (which I have), or Triangle Adept 3 (which I also have)? One would leave her A slot open for a skill that could potentially boost her offenses much higher with something like Fury, Life and Death, Death Blow, or a simple Plus skill. Alternatively, the other would give her more flexibility with weapons, like a Killing/Slaying Sword or Wo Dao or so on. I'm not sure which would be preferred in Fir's case. Mine is +Spd/-Def at 5-star, if that matters.

4. Another one that I just remembered.. I've seen some people here talking about a Brave Axe+ Legion build that's apparently very good. What are the ideal skills and special to go along with that? I may sacrifice my 5-star Camilla to him instead of someone else.

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What's the ideal IVs for Nino?
Also, I pulled two of Seth, one with +Atk/-Res and the other with +Atk/-HP, which is the better IV?

Ideal boon for her would probably be Spd, she’s fast enough to double stuff, and especially with Desperation this will be deadly.

As for bane, it’s probably Def, so that she can tank Reinhardt when needed.

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What's the ideal IVs for Nino?
Also, I pulled two of Seth, one with +Atk/-Res and the other with +Atk/-HP, which is the better IV?

Ideal boon for Nino is definitely +Spd. -Def would be best, but -Res and -HP probably wouldn't be that much worse. Seth can afford to lose Res, he's more of a physical wall, which a bit of extra HP is slighlty more helpful for. Someone else can correct me on these, but I'm fairly confident about them.

7 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Did a pull on the Crimean banner, and I've got some questions. One is thanks to another 5-star Seth.

1. Which is a better boon/bane for Eirika: +HP/-Res, or +Def/-Spd?

2. I got a +Res/-Atk Athena. This is a bad boon/bane, I know that much. But is there a decent, somewhat cheap build for her? I want to make her usable for a gimmick team I have in mind; I'll obviously avoid 5-starring her until I get a better nature, at least.

3. I've mentioned before that I want to make Fir usable, and I've been told that giving her TA3 or a Ruby Sword+ would be good to help with that. My question is: which would be better? A Ruby Sword+ (which I have), or Triangle Adept 3 (which I also have)? One would leave her A slot open for a skill that could potentially boost her offenses much higher with something like Fury, Life and Death, Death Blow, or a simple Plus skill. Alternatively, the other would give her more flexibility with weapons, like a Killing/Slaying Sword or Wo Dao or so on. I'm not sure which would be preferred in Fir's case. Mine is +Spd/-Def at 5-star, if that matters.

4. Another one that I just remembered.. I've seen some people here talking about a Brave Axe+ Legion build that's apparently very good. What are the ideal skills and special to go along with that? I may sacrifice my 5-star Camilla to him instead of someone else.

1. [+HP, -Res] allows her to tank melee hits so that is better in my opinion. [+Def, -Spd] is not too good since she can be doubled more easily, rendering the +Def moot.

2. For units with bad natures, the cheapest build for them is a Gem Weapon/Triangle Adept build.

3. Gem Weapons are cheaper than Triangle Adept, and Gem Weapons come with Triangle Adept 3. Slaying Weapons and Wo Dao are too good for a Triangle Adept build in my opinion. I prefer to save those for general purpose Enemy Phase builds or Player Phase builds when you run out of Braves. Killer, anti-armor, anti-cavalry are fine with Triangle Adept builds since not many builds uses them.

4. In my opinion, this is the best set for Legion:

Brave Axe, Luna
Life and Death/Swift Sparrow/Fury, Axebreaker/Desperation

Edited by XRay

Does the effect of Triangle Adept 3 affect a unit who also has a gem weapon? I mean, for example, if I have Selena with TA3 and Ruby Sword, does her attack stat boost 20% and then another 20%?

Edited by Javi Blizz

22 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Does the effect of Triangle Adept 3 affect a unit who also has a gem weapon? I mean, for example, if I have Selena with TA3 and Ruby Sword, does her attack stat boost 20% and then another 20%?

Triangle Adept and gem weapons do not stack, the highest effect will be in place.

E. g., if a Selena with TA2 attacks an a vanilla Raven, her Atk is multiplied by 1.35 (15% due to TA2 and 20% due to WTA); if the same Selena with TA2 attacks a vanilla Arthur with an emerald axe, her Atk will be multiplied by 1.4 (20% due to the gem weapon’s inherent TA3 and 20% due to WTA).

How does a Bladetome user get affected when panicked?

For example, my Sharon/Sharena has Panic Ploy 2 and has more than enough HP to panic Nino.

Are the "negativified" bonuses still added to the blade might since they're not debuffs? Or does the Mt bonus get entirely removed?

13 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

How does a Bladetome user get affected when panicked?

For example, my Sharon/Sharena has Panic Ploy 2 and has more than enough HP to panic Nino.

Are the "negativified" bonuses still added to the blade might since they're not debuffs? Or does the Mt bonus get entirely removed?

Only positive bonuses add bonus damage. Negative bonuses don't add bonus damage.

E.g. +4/4/4/4 is worth +20/4/4/4 to Litrblade, but -4/4/4/4 (as Panicked buffs) is just -4/4/4/4.

Edited by Ice Dragon

So i pulled -Attack +Defense Nephenee (not going to bitch about it i am so happy i got her)

Since she is -Att i build this :

A : Steady Breath (She is +Defense so with SB she will hit 41 Def)

B : Quick Riposte 3 (Good combo with Steady Breath)

C : Threaten Def 3 (Patch her -Attack stat)

Special : Bonfire (now this is the fun part with Slaying Lance+ , Bonfire will be 2 Turn CD Special on enemy phase after she take a hit she will activate her special immediately)

is it good ? should i keep this build ? 

5 hours ago, XRay said:

1. [+HP, -Res] allows her to tank melee hits so that is better in my opinion. [+Def, -Spd] is not too good since she can be doubled more easily, rendering the +Def moot.

2. For units with bad natures, the cheapest build for them is a Gem Weapon/Triangle Adept build.

3. Gem Weapons are cheaper than Triangle Adept, and Gem Weapons come with Triangle Adept 3. Slaying Weapons and Wo Dao are too good for a Triangle Adept build in my opinion. I prefer to save those for general purpose Enemy Phase builds or Player Phase builds when you run out of Braves. Killer, anti-armor, anti-cavalry are fine with Triangle Adept builds since not many builds uses them.

4. In my opinion, this is the best set for Legion:

Brave Axe, Luna
Life and Death/Swift Sparrow/Fury, Axebreaker/Desperation

Thanks! Shame that I'll have to promote the better Eirika, but I've been wanting to give her merges anyway, so at least I'll have an excuse. That Legion looks very solid, and I think I have fodder for almost everything except for LaD/Desperation, so those'll have to be Fury/Axebreaker, at least for now.

Another question that I had forgotten about until now: for a Male Robin -raven/TA3 build, what would be the best boon/bane? I have +Atk/-Res and +Spd/-Res, which both seem good, but I'm not sure which would be best. And what's good for his Special and B slot? Bonfire and either something like Quick Riposte or Bowbreaker come to mind, but there might be better options I'm not thinking of.

46 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

So i pulled -Attack +Defense Nephenee (not going to bitch about it i am so happy i got her)

Since she is -Att i build this :

A : Steady Breath (She is +Defense so with SB she will hit 41 Def)

B : Quick Riposte 3 (Good combo with Steady Breath)

C : Threaten Def 3 (Patch her -Attack stat)

Special : Bonfire (now this is the fun part with Slaying Lance+ , Bonfire will be 2 Turn CD Special on enemy phase after she take a hit she will activate her special immediately)

is it good ? should i keep this build ?

If you are not going to give her Distant Counter, then she is better as a Player Phase unit in my opinion.

Nephenee +Def -Atk
Slaying Lance, Moonbow
Fury, Wrath
Player Phase 77:2:93

Nephenee +Def -Atk
Slaying Lance, Bonfire
Steady Breath, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 60:6:106
Enemy Phase [Distant Counter] 109:7:56

25 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Thanks! Shame that I'll have to promote the better Eirika, but I've been wanting to give her merges anyway, so at least I'll have an excuse. That Legion looks very solid, and I think I have fodder for almost everything except for LaD/Desperation, so those'll have to be Fury/Axebreaker, at least for now.

Another question that I had forgotten about until now: for a Male Robin -raven/TA3 build, what would be the best boon/bane? I have +Atk/-Res and +Spd/-Res, which both seem good, but I'm not sure which would be best. And what's good for his Special and B slot? Bonfire and either something like Quick Riposte or Bowbreaker come to mind, but there might be better options I'm not thinking of.

For Raven builds, I usually build them like this:

Raven, Moonbow
Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte/Bowbreaker

I prefer Moonbow since it is guaranteed to activate on Enemy Phase, whereas 3 cooldown Specials would not against slower units.

I would go with +Spd since Triangle Adept builds usually do not need +Atk, and +Spd allows him to be a teeny bit harder to be doubled.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Only positive bonuses add bonus damage. Negative bonuses don't add bonus damage.

E.g. +4/4/4/4 is worth +20/4/4/4 to Litrblade, but -4/4/4/4 (as Panicked buffs) is just -4/4/4/4.

So Panic especially kills Bladetome strength.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

So Panic especially kills Bladetome strength.

Yep. Litrblade functionally loses its additional effect when the user has Panic status. It behaves identically to a Silver weapon (with a -1 special cooldown) until Panic wears off.

56 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Raven builds, I usually build them like this:

Raven, Moonbow
Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte/Bowbreaker

I prefer Moonbow since it is guaranteed to activate on Enemy Phase, whereas 3 cooldown Specials would not against slower units.

I would go with +Spd since Triangle Adept builds usually do not need +Atk, and +Spd allows him to be a teeny bit harder to be doubled.

Alright, awesome! I'm glad I waited to train the +Atk once I realized I have a 3-star with +Spd. It'll take 2,000 more feathers, but it's for a gimmick team I've wanted to make for a while (same one that Athena will be on), so I'm willing to spend the extra feathers. Plus I'll have more free Bonfire fodder to work with, which is always nice. Thanks again!

55 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I have several questions again:

Who are some good candidates for a sapphire lance?

Who are some good candidates for a slaying sword?

Other than brave builds, can death blow be used well anywhere else?

Is a (+spd, -hp) a good iv for Eliwood?

1. I generally slap gem weapons on units with mediocre Atk.  You'll have to define mediocre for yourself.
2. Not sure, sorry.
3. Really fast units with Desperation, but that's a big maybe, since Swift Sparrow would be better utilized there.
4. Decent enough.  Eliwood isn't going to double everything short of cavalry buffs.

51 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Does 4* Masked Marth has any use or can I use them to give SP to my 5* Masked Marth?

Pass a Silver Sword to someone?  Yeah, I got nothing.

So, since pulling Roy is not an option for me, I'm thinking in upgrade Cordelia to pass down my Nowi TA3+Galeforce ( for better arena score), as Nowi is my only merged arena Unit and isn't leaving the team anytime soon.
The thing is, Cordelia have a "good" nature (+Spd - def) but I don't see myself using a flier team anytime soon, while all my Askr Trio is still 4*. I'm wondering, which one would give more points in the Arena ?( Upgrading Anna, or TA3+Galeforce for Nowi)

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Who are some good candidates for a sapphire lance?

Anyone with low Atk or whose job is to stay out of combat. The problem is most characters that actually want a Sapphire Lance already start with one.

Anyone with good bulk that can run a Quick Riposte build with a 3-cooldown special skill (or a 4-cooldown special skill for slower units).

Also anyone blisteringly fast with good bulk that doesn't mind taking a counterattack to land their special skill.

Draug is the first character that comes to mind.

Other than brave builds, can death blow be used well anywhere else?

Swift Sparrow or Life and Death are generally superior choices on faster units, and slower units generally have enemy-phase builds with Quick Riposte instead.

I can really only think of Wary Fighter armors as having Death Blow be more useful than the other player-phase Atk-boosting skills.

Is a (+spd, -hp) a good iv for Eliwood?

+Spd is arguably the best choice for Eliwood if you're running him on a cavalry team since Hone Cavalry patches up his otherwise unimpressive Spd to a respectable level.

Off of a cavalry team, +Atk is preferred.

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

Does 4* Masked Marth has any use or can I use them to give SP to my 5* Masked Marth?

Level up the 4-star Masked Marth and use all of his level-up SP on skills before merging.

7 minutes ago, !Skydiver said:

So, since pulling Roy is not an option for me, I'm thinking in upgrade Cordelia to pass down my Nowi TA3+Galeforce ( for better arena score), as Nowi is my only merged arena Unit and isn't leaving the team anytime soon.

Galeforce is restricted to melee physical weapons.

Building on your suggestion for the Masked Marth question, will a unit merge transfer the skills of the lost unit to the inheriting unit regardless of rarity level?  Also, if skills have been unlocked on the merging unit, will they remain unlocked on the merged unit?

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

On top of what others said, if a unit starts and does well with a Killing Edge, they generally do better with a Slaying Sword, which basically just adds 3 damage.

31 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Building on your suggestion for the Masked Marth question, will a unit merge transfer the skills of the lost unit to the inheriting unit regardless of rarity level?  Also, if skills have been unlocked on the merging unit, will they remain unlocked on the merged unit?

Everything carries over when merging, except the SP of the source unit. This means that all skills, inherited or otherwise, as well as their learned status, will be added to the target unit.