"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Building on your suggestion for the Masked Marth question, will a unit merge transfer the skills of the lost unit to the inheriting unit regardless of rarity level?  Also, if skills have been unlocked on the merging unit, will they remain unlocked on the merged unit?

All skills will be in the "more unlocked state" between the two units after the merge.

So if you promote a 4-star Marth to 5-star, don't spend SP to learn Falchion and Escape Route 3, and merge back down into another 4-star Marth, the resulting 4-star Marth will have Falchion and Escape Route 3 unlocked, but unlearned. (This lets you build a +10 4-star Marth with all of his 5-star skills if that ever suits your fancy.)

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

All skills will be in the "more unlocked state" between the two units after the merge.

So if you promote a 4-star Marth to 5-star, don't spend SP to learn Falchion and Escape Route 3, and merge back down into another 4-star Marth, the resulting 4-star Marth will have Falchion and Escape Route 3 unlocked, but unlearned. (This lets you build a +10 4-star Marth with all of his 5-star skills if that ever suits your fancy.)

Ohhhhh, that is so cheat! xD  

Sounds MUCH cheaper than trying to +10 a 5* unit - Plus I get the 5* benefits (save for BST).

I might try that soon on a less-used 5* just to see verify your claims.  

3 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

I might try that soon on a less-used 5* just to see verify your claims.  

You can also try that by promoting a 3-star into a 4-star and merging back down the the 3-star. The unit's 4-star skills will now be unlocked on the 3-star.

Edited by Ice Dragon

55 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Sounds MUCH cheaper than trying to +10 a 5* unit - Plus I get the 5* benefits (save for BST).

I would not do that for most units, especially units with limited availability like Grand Hero Battle or Tempest Trial units. Merging down may seem cheaper in the short run, but promoting a unit to 5*, then promoting their 4* copies to 5*, and then merging them is more economical in the long run in my opinion. 4*+0 and 4*+10 both promote to 5*+0, and promoting a 4*+10 to 5* reduces the unit's max stat by around 2.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would not do that for most units, especially units with limited availability like Grand Hero Battle or Tempest Trial units. Merging down may seem cheaper in the short run, but promoting a unit to 5*, then promoting their 4* copies to 5*, and then merging them is more economical in the long run in my opinion. 4*+0 and 4*+10 both promote to 5*+0, and promoting a 4*+10 to 5* reduces the unit's max stat by around 2.

Once you get 22 copies, you can have both a +10 4-star and a +10 5-star, though!

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Once you get 22 copies, you can have both a +10 4-star and a +10 5-star, though!

I am not sure if most players will get to 22 copies before they quit, unless they are whales or something.

13 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Not unlike you, right Mr. 3 Brave Lyns? xD

It is actually 13. One of the BH!Lyns is +10. The only 4*/5* unit that I ever got 22+ copies of is BB!Cordelia. I am pretty sure most players would not drop over $200.00 for any character.

37 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is actually 13. One of the BH!Lyns is +10. The only 4*/5* unit that I ever got 22+ copies of is BB!Cordelia. I am pretty sure most players would not drop over $200.00 for any character.

I thought you didn't know how much you spent

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

I do not know how much I spent. I just know that it is beyond $200.00 because it took me over the course of at least 5 days spending at least $40.00 each day.

Another few questions from the Ice Dragon Is Indecisive column:

• Is there any reason not to run Elincia with Life and Death 3 and Desperation 3? As best as I can tell, Life and Death is her best A skill, but with so many B slot choices these days, I'm not as sure about Desperation.
  • Is +Atk or +Spd better for Summer Corrin? I'm running Blarblade+. I'm not seeing any significant difference in the match-ups. Everything that survives or kills on the counterattack is green or named Effie, all of which are someone else's problem.

33 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

It's okay, the 4-to-5-star character I have pulled the most of is Peri at 95 copies (16 of them at 5-star). The 5-star-exclusive character I've pulled the most of is Julia at 29 copies.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Knowing you spent "over $200" is not quite the same as knowing how much you spent.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Double post.

Is Galeforce is more likely to trigger if two people post at the same time?

Edited by XRay

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  • Is there any reason not to run Elincia with Life and Death 3 and Desperation 3? As best as I can tell, Life and Death is her best A skill, but with so many B slot choices these days, I'm not as sure about Desperation.
  • Is +Atk or +Spd better for Summer Corrin? I'm running Blarblade+. I'm not seeing any significant difference in the match-ups. Everything that survives or kills on the counterattack is green or named Effie, all of which are someone else's problem.

On Elincia: have you picked a nature for her, and is she being run on Flier Emblem or are you looking more for a standalone set? I was getting better results with her natural Death Blow, from my recollection, but I'm running her in a different setting...or at least I think I am.

Looking at Summer Corrin in the meantime.

Just now, LordFrigid said:

On Elincia: have you picked a nature for her, and is she being run on Flier Emblem or are you looking more for a standalone set? I was getting better results with her natural Death Blow, from my recollection, but I'm running her in a different setting...or at least I think I am.

With flier buffs (generally just Hone). She's [+Atk, -Res]. She's only able to get to +4 for the time being, but I generally run my numbers for both sides at +10 for better future-proofing.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is Ignis or Bonfire better for Brave Axe +Atk-Def Frederick?

Three CD skills work better with brave weapons, I've noticed. If he drags back or is repositioned after the first attack, Bonfire will fire on the next turn. Otherwise he'd have to attack twice to just charge Ignis. 

Since I don't want to double post, is a +Atk -Spd Eirika better or worse than +Hp -Def?  I'm thinking of giving her Fury 2 to patch up her speed and boost her attack more so if I go with the first boon/bane. 

2 minutes ago, Eridras said:

Three CD skills work better with brave weapons, I've noticed. If he drags back or is repositioned after the first attack, Bonfire will fire on the next turn. Otherwise he'd have to attack twice to just charge Ignis. 

Since I don't want to double post, is a +Atk -Spd Eirika better or worse than +Hp -Def?  I'm thinking of giving her Fury 2 to patch up her speed and boost her attack more so if I go with the first boon/bane. 

Thanks, I think the second Eirika is better, since I don't think the extra Atk is worth the drop in Spd.

3 minutes ago, wushuguy said:

Is Olivia or Eirika worth levelling? Or even Lilina?  I'm still not sure what to be levelling on my team :D

Olivia is definitely worth leveling.  Even if you don't use her in Arena, many GHBs and other top level content is much easier when you use a Dancer.

Eirika works very well as a buff bot for Blade users, like Nino.  With her weapon, Rally Defense, Hone Speed, and the Res Seal, she can by herself give them a +3/+4/+4/+2 buff, which works out to +16 Atk.

Lilina is okay.  She's slow but powerful.  She's okay, if you don't have another Red Mage available.

I want to build an Armor emblem team and I want to know who to dole out buffs too

Current Buffs: 4 hone buffs, 1 fortify buff, and 3 ward buffs

Unit Guaranteed to be on team: Black Knight, Shareena (+spd/-hp) , and Effie (+spd/-atk).

Units in consideration: Wendy or Draug

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Olivia is definitely worth leveling.  Even if you don't use her in Arena, many GHBs and other top level content is much easier when you use a Dancer.

Eirika works very well as a buff bot for Blade users, like Nino.  With her weapon, Rally Defense, Hone Speed, and the Res Seal, she can by herself give them a +3/+4/+4/+2 buff, which works out to +16 Atk.

Lilina is okay.  She's slow but powerful.  She's okay, if you don't have another Red Mage available.

Thanks!  Yea I have a few more characters to level i think but I just wanted to get some feedback because I want to replace Lyn.  

That way, I can run Olivia, Ninian, Hector, BH!Lyn?

6 minutes ago, wushuguy said:

Thanks!  Yea I have a few more characters to level i think but I just wanted to get some feedback because I want to replace Lyn.  

That way, I can run Olivia, Ninian, Hector, BH!Lyn?

I wouldn't recommend more than one Dancer for most situations, though for training tower grinding and even some PvE content like TT, GHB, and CC two dancers can be great. You only have one ranged nuker in Brave Lyn at the moment. I'd recommend training another over running two dancers, preferably one with magic damage. 

Edited by MrSmokestack

32 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I want to build an Armor emblem team and I want to know who to dole out buffs too

Current Buffs: 4 hone buffs, 1 fortify buff, and 3 ward buffs

Unit Guaranteed to be on team: Black Knight, Shareena (+spd/-hp) , and Effie (+spd/-atk).

Units in consideration: Wendy or Draug

Do you mean Sheena instead of Sharena?

The buff dispersal depends on the builds a bit.  I'd make to have Hone on at least two units, so everybody can benefit.  I generally like running two Hone Two Fortify, but if you only have one Fortify available, I'd do 2 Hone, 1 Fortify, 1 Ward.