"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

40 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

But defense wins

That is a small price to learn how awesome a cavalry spam is when the AI uses it.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a spare Abel which means swordbreaker. The problem is, who would benefit most? I already gave one to Robin. Lucina and Masked Lucina have other B skills in place. Ike comes with it. Marth has a healer build. Lancina is fast enough that she doesn't really need it. Chrom might could use it, but I'm kind of leaning towards giving it to Bridelia. Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I got a spare Abel which means swordbreaker. The problem is, who would benefit most? I already gave one to Robin. Lucina and Masked Lucina have other B skills in place. Ike comes with it. Marth has a healer build. Lancina is fast enough that she doesn't really need it. Chrom might could use it, but I'm kind of leaning towards giving it to Bridelia. Thoughts?

Swordbreaker as a skill can be great for units who need a way to deal with the big three, which will soon become the Big Four: Ryoma, Ike, Xander, and Black Knight. I gave Swordbeaker to a Leon I'm still working on, but it can still function as a skill you give to a unit because nothing else really works for them.

Bridelia with a Brave Bow can most certainly wreck any Sword units this way. She may actually need it if she wants to beat Black Knight...

@LordFrigid @XRay

On the subject of Elincia...

Spoiler

Against vanilla +10 opponents:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 154:11:7
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 149:20:3
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 156:12:4

Against opponents with Fury 3:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 145:15:12
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 146:22:4
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 150:15:7

Against opponents with +Spd and Fury 3:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 143:15:14
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 145:22:5
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 145:15:12

Against opponents with +Spd, Fury 3, and +4/4/0/0:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 136:22:14
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 135:30:7
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 136:23:13

Against opponents with +Spd, Fury 3, and +4/4/3/3:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 124:26:22
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 125:36:11
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 123:25:24

Against opponents with Life and Death 3:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 157:12:3
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 153:18:1
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 156:15:1

Against opponents with +Spd and Life and Death 3:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 156:12:4
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 151:18:3
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 154:15:3

Against opponents with +Spd, Life and Death 3, and +4/4/0/0:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 151:18:3
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 151:20:1
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 149:19:4

Against opponents with +Spd, Life and Death 3, and +4/4/3/3:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 146:22:4
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 147:23:2
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 143:22:7

Those numbers are too close to call. I'm going to want to see who moves where with each run.

I should just go write my own calculator.

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Swordbreaker as a skill can be great for units who need a way to deal with the big three, which will soon become the Big Four: Ryoma, Ike, Xander, and Black Knight. I gave Swordbeaker to a Leon I'm still working on, but it can still function as a skill you give to a unit because nothing else really works for them.

Bridelia with a Brave Bow can most certainly wreck any Sword units this way. She may actually need it if she wants to beat Black Knight...

Something to keep in mind:

Even if she has sword breaker, if she's also running LaD she gets oneshotted by the Black Knight, making the breaker skill useless.

Just now, Bartozio said:

Something to keep in mind:

Even if she has sword breaker, if she's also running LaD she gets oneshotted by the Black Knight, making the breaker skill useless.

Just to clarify, are we talking BEFORE or AFTER Dark Luna? I might not know myself because I prefer Desperation anyways.

Just now, Xenomata said:

Just to clarify, are we talking BEFORE or AFTER Dark Luna? I might not know myself because I prefer Desperation anyways.

With LaD neutral Bridelia has 14 Def and 36 HP. The Black Knight has an attack of 50, which gives him an exact kill (no special needed). Do not mess with the Black Knight!

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

With LaD neutral Bridelia has 14 Def and 36 HP. The Black Knight has an attack of 50, which gives him an exact kill (no special needed). Do not mess with the Black Knight!

Ah, that does indeed become a problem, especially given how the ideal bride gives up defensive ability to uber rekt everything.

I suppose one could just run Fort Defense on an ally and have Bridelia attack him with the boost, but ideals also say that BK is on an armor-emblem team.

Edited by Xenomata

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@LordFrigid @XRay

Okay, I'm going to have to redo those calcs for Corrin later. It seems KageroChart's enemy overrides are reversing buffs (setting a +100 Atk buff for enemies makes them do no damage).

And this is why I need to write my own calculator.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@LordFrigid @XRay

On the subject of Elincia...

Reveal hidden contents

Against vanilla +10 opponents:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 154:11:7
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 149:20:3
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 156:12:4

Against opponents with Fury 3:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 145:15:12
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 146:22:4
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 150:15:7

Against opponents with +Spd and Fury 3:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 143:15:14
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 145:22:5
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 145:15:12

Against opponents with +Spd, Fury 3, and +4/4/0/0:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 136:22:14
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 135:30:7
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 136:23:13

Against opponents with +Spd, Fury 3, and +4/4/3/3:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 124:26:22
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 125:36:11
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 123:25:24

Against opponents with Life and Death 3:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 157:12:3
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 153:18:1
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 156:15:1

Against opponents with +Spd and Life and Death 3:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 156:12:4
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 151:18:3
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 154:15:3

Against opponents with +Spd, Life and Death 3, and +4/4/0/0:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 151:18:3
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 151:20:1
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 149:19:4

Against opponents with +Spd, Life and Death 3, and +4/4/3/3:

+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Death Blow 3) +6/6/0/0: 146:22:4
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Life and Death 3) +6/6/0/0: 147:23:2
+10 Elincia [+Atk, -Res] (Amiti, Swift Sparrow 2) +6/6/0/0: 143:22:7

Those numbers are too close to call. I'm going to want to see who moves where with each run.

I should just go write my own calculator.

A few random thoughts...

Did you get buffs to work between the Corrin post and the Elincia post? I can post lists for those Elincia matchups if you want...they won't have the Black Knight on them though, I haven't bothered adding him yet.

I'm a little hesitant on this, but if you really don't want to use KageroChart and need something while you put yours together, you can "borrow" mine?

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

Did you get buffs to work between the Corrin post and the Elincia post?

Setting a negative buff makes it positive. Go figure.

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I'm a little hesitant on this, but if you really don't want to use KageroChart and need something while you put yours together, you can "borrow" mine?

I should just go write my own calculator already. I've been putting it off for too long.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I should just go write my own calculator already. I've been putting it off for too long.

How long do you anticipate this to take? or is this one of those things where "it's done when it's done"?

Edited by tobuShogi

11 hours ago, wushuguy said:

Quoting to bring to next page for some help on who to focus

I'd say get all your 5* characters (except duplicates) trained up. So Hinoka, Soren, and Genny would all be good to train. You can probably wait on Eirika, since you already have Lyn. Soren is a good green mage. Genny has Wrathful Staff, which lets her function both as a healer and as an attacker. If she doesn't have Rehabilitate, have her inherit that from Wrys, as it's the best healing spell. Healers are useful for Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges. Hinoka is a strong Brave Lance user, and I would train Hinoka before Cordelia, since they occupy a similar niche, but Hinoka comes with the exclusive skill Hone Fliers. Plus, she's already 5*.

Tharja would be good to train, she comes with a blade tome, and has good offensive stats. She's your best option for red magic. Eirika is an excellent buffer for blade tome users.

I'd also consider training up Anna, since you currently don't have any mobile axe wielders. Promoting the Askr trio all to 5*s is an investment that definitely pays off, since they're all pretty good units, and one is always a bonus unit on rotation in the Arena. Alfonse is a bit lackluster, but both Sharena and Anna are quite good.

It would be useful to get Olivia up to level 40, as dancers are very useful in a variety of contexts. Ninian should be your main dancer, but you might find yourself in need of a secondary dancer, so having Olivia ready may serve you well.

You'll eventually want to train Cecilia up, as she's really good on Horse Emblem teams. She's not so great on her own though, so that's something that could wait.

I think that covers most of the notable characters. There's also Klein, who's a good brave bow archer, but you've already got CYL Lyn, so yeah. Plus, you might want to use him as Death Blow fodder down the line.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Ah, that does indeed become a problem, especially given how the ideal bride gives up defensive ability to uber rekt everything.

I suppose one could just run Fort Defense on an ally and have Bridelia attack him with the boost, but ideals also say that BK is on an armor-emblem team.

You could also give her a Def or HP seal, since he takes her out exactly. But he also might be running something in the A-slot that could affect it (e.g., Fury), or else be running in Armor Emblem.

37 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

How long do you anticipate this to take? or is this one of those things where "it's done when it's done"?

It took me like two nights to write my first one using Google Sheets. I'd imagine it'd be about one or two nights to do the functional parts and another one or two nights to do the UI.

And one or two nights to build the XML files with all of the character and skill information.

43 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It took me like two nights to write my first one using Google Sheets. I'd imagine it'd be about one or two nights to do the functional parts and another one or two nights to do the UI.

And one or two nights to build the XML files with all of the character and skill information.

Regarding the character/skill information, do you have to manually enter their information? or is there a way to automate that process? 

3 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Regarding the character/skill information, do you have to manually enter their information? or is there a way to automate that process? 

I could write a web scraper to scrape the information off of the wiki, but it would probably take just as long as punching in the data myself.

I already have a spreadsheet with all of the characters' 5-star level 1 stats, so there's not too much else I'd actually need to punch in myself.

New question!!!

The other day I summoned a 5* Reinhard that is +Res -Spd  , now I got a 4* Reinhard that is +Atk -Spd.

The question is: Do I merge the 5* into the 4* and then update to 5* or I'm fine with the +Res one?

13 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

New question!!!

The other day I summoned a 5* Reinhard that is +Res -Spd  , now I got a 4* Reinhard that is +Atk -Spd.

The question is: Do I merge the 5* into the 4* and then update to 5* or I'm fine with the +Res one?

What inheritance does the 5* have?

If none- Goad Cavalry fodder.

If some- promote the 4* one and then merge.

24 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

New question!!!

+Atk is a huge boost to Reinhardt’s power, seeing that he’s a brave weapon user. You can always use both, especially on the defence team (ask my fellow cat @XRay!) And if you ever come across yet another Reinhardt…

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

What inheritance does the 5* have?

If none- Goad Cavalry fodder.

If some- promote the 4* one and then merge.

Nothing, 5* has default skills

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

+Atk is a huge boost to Reinhardt’s power, seeing that he’s a brave weapon user. You can always use both, especially on the defence team (ask my fellow cat @XRay!) And if you ever come across yet another Reinhardt…

Somehow, I'm not that much into the idea of having too much reinhards lol , is not better a 5*+1?

2 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Somehow, I'm not that much into the idea of having too much reinhards lol , is not better a 5*+1?

If you don’t want to have multiple Reinhardts, and nobody needs Goad Cavalry, go on and promote the +Atk, and then merge the other into him for a 5★+1.

@Ice Dragon @LordFrigid Alright, here is the calculator results from KageroChart, with the enemies properly merged to +10 this time. With full flier buffs, +Atk and +Spd look identical. With only Hone Flier buff, +Atk is superior with more kills and less deaths overall. Between Swift Sparrow and Life and Death, Swift Sparrow is better in every listed scenario, but the results may change if the enemies are not neutral.

NS!Corrin +Atk -Res
Blárblade
Hone Flier buff, Merge +10
Player Phase [Swift Sparrow] 160:5:7
Player Phase [Swift Sparrow, Enemies with Fury] 150:8:14
Player Phase [Life and Death] 154:12:6
Player Phase [Life and Death, Enemies with Fury] 147:14:11
Player Phase [Swift Sparrow, Fortify Flier Buff] 165:2:5
Player Phase [Swift Sparrow, Fortify Flier Buff, Enemies with Fury] 164:3:5
Player Phase [Life and Death, Fortify Flier Buff] 164:4:4
Player Phase [Life and Death, Fortify Flier Buff, Enemies with Fury] 162:5:5

NS!Corrin +Spd -Res
Blárblade
Hone Flier buff, Merge +10
Player Phase [Swift Sparrow] 155:7:10
Player Phase [Swift Sparrow, Enemies with Fury] 149:10:13
Player Phase [Life and Death] 149:15:8
Player Phase [Life and Death, Enemies with Fury] 146:14:12
Player Phase [Swift Sparrow, Fortify Flier Buff] 165:2:5
Player Phase [Swift Sparrow, Fortify Flier Buff, Enemies with Fury] 164:3:5
Player Phase [Life and Death, Fortify Flier Buff] 164:4:4
Player Phase [Life and Death, Fortify Flier Buff, Enemies with Fury] 162:5:5

3 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Would neutral or +Spd/-HP be better for Caeda?

For offense, [+Spd, -HP] is better in my opinion.

4 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

If you do not have trouble with getting defense wins, then you do not need Reinhardt spam. However, if you are having trouble and you do not want to worry about defense wins ever again, spamming Reinhardt is the best way to go with minimal inheritance.

Edited by XRay

Would like to re-ask, but adding Elincia (+Spd -Res) to the mix, for my needs requiring LnD3 (I do have the fodder for it), Desperation, a C skill, Reposition or Swap, and probably Luna, with a potential +5 merge possible.

I also secured a Brave Lance+ fodder, so Effie can now inherit that if she so wishes.

21 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I've run into a bit of a confused slump here and could use some help.

With all the units I managed to pull the last two days, I've managed to get ahold of a number of useful units. But with the upcoming Tempest Trials, I need to have a team ready to combat the enemy. Here are the units I have that I can work extensively on with what I have:

Reveal hidden contents

Ike 5* (+Att -HP): He could use Quick Riposte.

Soren 4* with a 5* merge option (+Spd -Def): He needs a full Nino-inspired set, including Gronnblade+, Draw Back, LnD3 or Fury3, Desperation, and Glimmer.

Celica 5* x3 (+Att -HP): LnD3, some Assist skill, and a Hone/Fortify skill.

Sophia 4* (+Att -HP): Rauorraven, a B skill, something in her C slot, and an Assist skill. Also don't know what to do for her Special slot.

Tharja 4* (+Spd -Def): Fury, Desperation, some C skill, an Assist, and a Special, probably Moonbow.

Leon 4* with a 5* merge option (+Att -Spd): while I have 4* Kleins to feed him, he still needs Brave Bow+, an Assist, a C slot, and potentially something better than Ignis, though I personally think Ignis will be just fine.

Effie 5* with another 5* merge option (+Att -Res): I don't have a Deft Harpoon to give her, but she might like Brave Lance+ if I'm willing to give it to her. Otherwise I don't have the proper tools to make a full Armor Emblem team, including no Amelia, so she will have to settle for some other C slot, Pivot, and a mighty special. If not Brave Lance+, I do have some spare Nephenee to give Slaying Lance+. I don't have spare Hector though.

Elincia 5* x4 (+HP -Res, yes this is the best I have and I am sick of pulling crappy Elincias so screw it) I don't even know what to give her, but she's a bonus unit so why not.

Black Knight x2: I could alternatively just wait for him to be released and work on him, saving some LnD3, QR3, Pivot, and Hone/Fortify fodder for him.

I currently have 20k feathers and a LOT of units I could sacrifice if I need more. Units who will be Bonus units I will train then (Ike is fully trained so no need to worry about not getting full points from the start, plus I have Nephenee)

Edited by Xenomata