"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

I managed to pull a second nephenee and I was planning on using her for skill fodder, since Wrath is really cool and she has bad IVs. I’ve been reading that Lyn and Lukas are good candidates for the skill, but I have neither of them, so I was just wondering what are some other good candidates for Wrath.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Also, they should really pick how effects that grant CD - 1 are worded and stick to it. 

"Special cooldown charge" always refers to the number of points that get charged per action.

"Special cooldown count" always refers to either the maximum cooldown value (if the effect is standalone) or to the current cooldown value (if the effect activates).

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Cancel Affinity was especially confusing. I still have no idea what is the difference between tier 1 and tier 2 in terms of its effect.

Cancel Affinity 1 negates the opponent's Triangle Adept.

Cancel Affinity 2 negates the opponent's Triangle Adept only if the opponent has weapon triangle advantage.

@Khid If you don’t have access to Lyn or Infantry Pulse stacking, Wrath is well spent on enemy phase units with a Killer Weapon and a low cooldown special skill. Moonbow may be tempting, but the bonus damage from 3 CD skills like Bonfire and Draconic Aura is much greater. In addition, Distant Counter, Steady Breath, Heavy Blade, and Fury are good choices for the A passive in this situation.

As for actual units, Brave Ike and the Black Knight are good examples of candidates for Wrath, characterized by their high HP and Def. If you’re willing to give up Beorc’s Blessing, Ike has numerous CD reduction skills at his disposal as well as Urvan’s damage cut to get even more mileage as an enemy phase unit. Look for these traits if you have trouble deciding who to give it to.

If you particularly like Nephenee, there is always merging. She’s far from being the worst user of the skill.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Hey I was wondering if I could get some help for an armor emblem team. I wasn't really sure what skills to give units on an armor emblem team while horse and flier emblem are both pretty easy to build. The reason I was thinking I'd want an armor emblem team now is due to the release of the Black Knight coming up.

I currently have Hector +def -spd, Amelia +def -hp, Effie +atk -res and +def -spd (not sure which iv to use), Zephiel, Sheena +def (not sure about the bane), and the Black Knight (soon)

On 9/21/2017 at 9:54 PM, Astellius said:

If you plan on incorporating him into your regular Arena team, sure, it probably would be good on him. You get more points for having costly skills like Aether, and he occasionally gets to use it. It would also be good his longevity in the Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges. He would make better use of it than most people.

17 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Since BH!Roys innate special is Galeforce, it doesn't make sense to change it to Aether for arena score. 

BH!Roy with Galeforce is one of the most fun units I played until now. My first one was -ATK, but with LnD2 (or horse buffs) he could proc Galeforce very often. Perhaps a -SPD one would need Darting Blow (or LnD3, or buffs) to work? 

I would give Aether to someone without a 500 SP special in your arena team or in your AA starting team to get a higher score. 

I don't plan on adding BH!Roy to my main team. I only considered giving him Aether because Galeforce hasn't been that useful for me. In fact, he doesn't see enough combat to even activate Galeforce. By that same logic, he shouldn't be using Aether in the first place. I don't know what I was thinking. 

I gave Roy Darting Blow 3 so doubling isn't much of an issue after all of the buffs. 

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Special cooldown charge" always refers to the number of points that get charged per action.

"Special cooldown count" always refers to either the maximum cooldown value (if the effect is standalone) or to the current cooldown value (if the effect activates).

Thanks. I always thought these 2 things were the same thing. 

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cancel Affinity 1 negates the opponent's Triangle Adept.

Cancel Affinity 2 negates the opponent's Triangle Adept only if the opponent has weapon triangle advantage.

Ah, okay. So neutral vanilla Mathilda will still do 40% extra damage against neutral vanilla Roy?

11 hours ago, Sakuto said:

Hey I was wondering if I could get some help for an armor emblem team. I wasn't really sure what skills to give units on an armor emblem team while horse and flier emblem are both pretty easy to build. The reason I was thinking I'd want an armor emblem team now is due to the release of the Black Knight coming up.

I currently have Hector +def -spd, Amelia +def -hp, Effie +atk -res and +def -spd (not sure which iv to use), Zephiel, Sheena +def (not sure about the bane), and the Black Knight (soon)

If you are not using Amelia, I would give everyone Swap and Ward Armor. If you are using Amelia, Amelia's partner should run Hone Armor.

I would give Hector Vantage or Cancel Affinity.

I would give Amelia a Brave Axe build if you can afford it.

For Effie, it depends on whether you want to use her on Player Phase or Enemy Phase. If you are using her on Player Phase, go with [+Atk, -Res]. If you plan to use her as an Enemy Phase unit, I think both are okay, but I would still lean towards +Atk. For Player Phase Effie, I would run a Brave Lance build. For Enemy Phase Effire, I would stick with her default Silver Lance and give her Quick Riposte.

I would give Zephiel and Sheena Fury and Quick Riposte.

Black Knight should have Steady Breath and Quick Riposte. If you do not have Steady Breath fodder, Fury works fine too.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Ah, okay. So neutral vanilla Mathilda will still do 40% extra damage against neutral vanilla Roy?

With Cancel Affinity 1, Mathilda does +20% to Roy and -20% to Narcian.

With Cancel Affinity 2, Mathilda does +40% to Roy and -20% to Narcian.

With Cancel Affinity 3, Mathilda does +40% to Roy and -0% to Narcian.

On the subject of Wrath, what exactly are the parameters of the +10 damage on special activation? Does she need to be below the threshold at the start of the turn or can she be damaged from 100% in the midst of battle and the +10 activate them?

Scenarios.

A: 100% Health Neph attacked and put in Wrath range > Special Procs.

B: 75% Health Neph procs Wrath and preps Moonbow > Is healed to 100% by healer > Initiates combat and Procs Moonbow.

Is the bonus activating in either of these situations or does she have to be below 75% at the start of the turn and attack/be attacked in order to get the damage?

@Zeo Wrath only procs in situation B, and only at the start of a turn if the unit’s HP has fallen below the threshold. Treat it like the Defiant and Pulse skills.

All HP% skills never trigger during combat if the unit was above the threshold before combat. This includes Vantage and Desperation, among others. However, since Wrath already deducted CD, healing Nephenee before she attacks will not reverse the cooldown.

Edited by MrSmokestack

30 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Zeo Wrath only procs in situation B, and only at the start of a turn if the unit’s HP has fallen below the threshold. Treat it like the Defiant and Pulse skills.

All HP% skills never trigger during combat if the unit was above the threshold before combat. This includes Vantage and Desperation, among others. However, since Wrath already deducted CD, healing Nephenee before she attacks will not reverse the cooldown.

By that logic she will still get the 10 points of damage even if healed and will not get it if damaged during combat from full health, is that correct? The +10 is guaranteed after Wrath has activated regardless of a healer?

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

By that logic she will still get the 10 points of damage even if healed and will not get it if damaged during combat from full health, is that correct? The +10 is guaranteed after Wrath has activated regardless of a healer?

I admit I’m actually not certain about the +10 damage part of the skill. The best comparison I can make with it is with Celica’s Ragnarok tome, where she suffers 5 HP recoil only if she had 100% HP before the start of combat. With that in mind, I would assume Wrath’s second effect is similarly conditional. I’d like some confirmation on that though.

If it’s conditional, Wrath will only grant both of its effects if the unit’s HP was below the threshold at the start of the turn. Healing them during the turn won’t affect anything, similar to how the bonus from Defiant skills doesn’t disappear in the middle of the turn when the unit is healed.

42 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I admit I’m actually not certain about the +10 damage part of the skill. The best comparison I can make with it is with Celica’s Ragnarok tome, where she suffers 5 HP recoil only if she had 100% HP before the start of combat. With that in mind, I would assume Wrath’s second effect is similarly conditional. I’d like some confirmation on that though.

The +10 damage part of the skill does, in fact, activate if the user drops below the threshold during the combat.

Hi,

should i give my Ryoma (+def/-res) heavy blade or should i stay with fury? And if i should inherit heavy blade what B skill, special and s seal should i use?

stats are 46/52/37/32/20 without fury 3

(he is paired with brave Lucina)

Edited by Thienphu

1 hour ago, Thienphu said:

Hi,

should i give my Ryoma (+def/-res) heavy blade or should i stay with fury? And if i should inherit heavy blade what B skill, special and s seal should i use?

stats are 46/52/37/32/20 without fury 3

(he is paired with brave Lucina)

I would stick with Fury; Heavy Blade is average at best in my opinion. I am not sure what your build is, so I will just make some assumptions.

Ryoma +Def -Res
Raijinto
Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase [Moonbow, Fury] 132:5:35
Enemy Phase [Moonbow, Fury, 5/8/2/2] 142:4:26
Enemy Phase [Moonbow, Heavy Blade] 115:15:42
Enemy Phase [Moonbow, Heavy Blade, 5/8/2/2] 135:7:30
Enemy Phase [Bonfire, Heavy Blade] 117:15:40
Enemy Phase [Bonfire, Heavy Blade, 5/8/2/2] 141:7:24
Enemy Phase [Moonbow, Life and Death] 129:15:28
Enemy Phase [Moonbow, Life and Death, 5/8/2/2] 142:12:18

If Life and Death can significantly outperform a particular skill on Enemy Phase, I would not inherit that particular skill unless you are out of Fury or something.

Ike is not a very good fodder unit so I would merge him. Heavy Blade is expensive and Fury works better. Swordbreaker can be obtained from 4* Abel. The only worthy skill he can pass around is Aether to boost your score.

I have my +Spd -Res Elincia at 2+ merge with 3 crappy Elincia doing absolutely nothing. Elincia has all the skills I want on her bought and equipped, and I currently don't have a reason to believe I will need the other 3 Elincia, just because she doesn't make good skill fodder (I can't think of a scenario where I'd want to use Flier Formation over literally any other B skill even on Flier Emblem, which is slowly becoming a more realistic possibility) (Death Blow 3 isn't a 5* exclusive skill, and I'm low on units who'd want it in the first place, and I still have a 4* Klein sitting here doing nothing) (Ardent Sacrifice isn't worth giving up a 5* for and I have 5 3* Florina just so that I don't not have the skill).

They are all -Spd +something, so it's not like I'd want to do a full Elincia team with them. Should I just merge them all into the +Spd -Res Elincia?

46 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I have my +Spd -Res Elincia at 2+ merge with 3 crappy Elincia doing absolutely nothing. Elincia has all the skills I want on her bought and equipped, and I currently don't have a reason to believe I will need the other 3 Elincia, just because she doesn't make good skill fodder (I can't think of a scenario where I'd want to use Flier Formation over literally any other B skill even on Flier Emblem, which is slowly becoming a more realistic possibility) (Death Blow 3 isn't a 5* exclusive skill, and I'm low on units who'd want it in the first place, and I still have a 4* Klein sitting here doing nothing) (Ardent Sacrifice isn't worth giving up a 5* for and I have 5 3* Florina just so that I don't not have the skill).

They are all -Spd +something, so it's not like I'd want to do a full Elincia team with them. Should I just merge them all into the +Spd -Res Elincia?

Merging is a good idea. As you said, Elicinia is not a very good fodder unit since all her valuable skills are available at a lower rarity; Flier Formation is also really niche.

@DehNutCase, since you've talked about Odin a lot. +Spd, -Res or +Spd, -Def Odin? I'd figure as a mage, Odin would rather have higher resistance than defense, but 25 defense after Fury 3 with -Res isn't that bad (even though that would be his neutral resistance) and there are archers, dagger users, and sword units with Distant Counter, so less damage from them would be good too. For what it's worth, if +Spd Odin with Fury 3 had to tank default everyone, -Def has 2 losses while -Res has 1 loss. Make sense considering there are more physical units that there are magical.

It's a decision of do I want better physical defense or better magical defense and either would be fine, but +Spd, -Res would be easier since almost every Odin I've summoned has been +Spd, -Res. There's still 3 of them, there used to be 4 or maybe 5 of them and those 2 were used to get Blarblade+ and R Tomebreaker on Ursula, and my first ever and in-service Odin is +Spd, -Res. Man, it's silly how he kept showing up as +Spd, -Res... Anyway, I digress.

Also, @Quintessence, what exactly is your Odin running. I remember you saying he had Fury, Desperation, and Luna.

Asking both of you since other than my perpetual problem of having too many units, the Black Knight is the TT boss, so why not promote and build my 3* Odin to 4* or maybe 5*. I'm thinking of a Fury 3, Renewal 3 build to use his high bulk and prevent any issues with Fury 3 backfiring in TT. For other use, I guess I could give him Lancebreaker or Swordbreaker. Not sure on if I should replace Moonbow or just leave it and C-skill. Savage Blow seems tempting just because, but it's probably better for him to have a buff, debuff, or maybe Panic Ploy. I guess assist should be Draw Back.

6 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Just curious, how do you get to that screen where it shows you the number of you have earned through game content and the number of orbs you have purchased?

Misc. → FAQ/Etc. → Customer Support → Orb Balance?

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@DehNutCase, since you've talked about Odin a lot. +Spd, -Res or +Spd, -Def Odin? I'd figure as a mage, Odin would rather have higher resistance than defense, but 25 defense after Fury 3 with -Res isn't that bad (even though that would be his neutral resistance) and there are archers, dagger users, and sword units with Distant Counter, so less damage from them would be good too. For what it's worth, if +Spd Odin with Fury 3 had to tank default everyone, -Def has 2 losses while -Res has 1 loss. Make sense considering there are more physical units that there are magical.

It's a decision of do I want better physical defense or better magical defense and either would be fine, but +Spd, -Res would be easier since almost every Odin I've summoned has been +Spd, -Res. There's still 3 of them, there used to be 4 or maybe 5 of them and those 2 were used to get Blarblade+ and R Tomebreaker on Ursula, and my first ever and in-service Odin is +Spd, -Res. Man, it's silly how he kept showing up as +Spd, -Res... Anyway, I digress.

Also, @Quintessence, what exactly is your Odin running. I remember you saying he had Fury, Desperation, and Luna.

Asking both of you since other than my perpetual problem of having too many units, the Black Knight is the TT boss, so why not promote and build my 3* Odin to 4* or maybe 5*. I'm thinking of a Fury 3, Renewal 3 build to use his high bulk and prevent any issues with Fury 3 backfiring in TT. For other use, I guess I could give him Lancebreaker or Swordbreaker. Not sure on if I should replace Moonbow or just leave it and C-skill. Savage Blow seems tempting just because, but it's probably better for him to have a buff, debuff, or maybe Panic Ploy. I guess assist should be Draw Back.

-Res and -Def are more or less identical for Odin, because much of his bulk is in his huge hp stat (I personally prefer higher def on everyone barring people whose def is unsalvagable regardless, mostly because res simply isn't too worthwhile as a stat---most mages have so much attack, thanks to how strong tomes are, that a point or three in res wouldn't make much of a difference---having color advantage matters far more than what your stat distribution looks like), so I'd just run whatever version you have, to be honest.

Def is especially worthwhile because Odin, as a low Atk mage, will take more physical counters from DC units than other mages, because he rarely OHKOs.

2 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I have both a (+Atk, -Def) and a (+Spd, -Def) Tharja but I'm not sure which one I should prioritize. Which should I use?

+Spd is better for Tharja because blade buffs increase her Atk much more than they do her Spd. With +Spd she can double much stuff, which is especially deadly with Desperation.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

+Spd is better for Tharja because blade buffs increase her Atk much more than they do her Spd. With +Spd she can double much stuff, which is especially deadly with Desperation.

Thanks.

Another question: can I get away with giving my units base brave weapons instead of the + counterparts? Or is the additional MT generally necessary for kills?