"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

36 minutes ago, Sias said:

So I've been using a +Atk/-Res Nino with a LnD set quite successfully for a while, but now I also got her +Spd/-Res version. As I have quite a bunch of feathers in reverse, I'm considering to promote the latter and merge the two.
My question is now: Which one should be the one that I keep? 45 base Spd from +Spd Nino admittedly sounds pretty awesome, but I fear that a potential boost might go to waste in that case, so I'm not sure.

Similar issue with summer Elise btw, where I pulled one +Atk/-HP and one +Spd/-HP.

+Spd for infantry Blade mages. For the fastest flier or cavalry Blade mages, they would go with +Atk.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Is Gronnblade Cecilia better with Spd/Def or Atk/HP?

I’ve been using the latter for a long while, and now have pulled the former.

In general, Blade mages should go with +Spd. The only time they should go +Atk in my experience is if they are already really fast AND they have access to Hone Movement. 

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

In general, Blade mages should go with +Spd. The only time they should go +Atk in my experience is if they are already really fast AND they have access to Hone Movement. 

This makes sense. I know of this rule of thumb, but thought that Cecilia isn’t exactly fast anyway.

But then I remembered my Cecilia had Darting Blow. (and GTB, but that’s beside the point)

Quick question, is there a simulator that has a quick way to see which KOs are you missing out when comparing 2 sets? For example, build A has 104 wins while build B has 105 wins. Is there a website that lets you easily find which unit you missed the KO out on easily? 

Pretty much so there's an easier way to see which important unit you missed KOing on because you chose Luna instead of Bonfire for example. Going through a list of 100+ units isn't exactly ideal.

Also slightly related, I have a neutral Fae and a +Atk, -Res Fae. I know her main selling point is her Res, so would -Res be bad even though she has +Atk? Or should I just use the neutral for now?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Also slightly related, I have a neutral Fae and a +Atk, -Res Fae. I know her main selling point is her Res, so would -Res be bad even though she has +Atk? Or should I just use the neutral for now?

Hm... my experience with her is both that Fae has so much resistance that she doesn't really worry about Reiny and other mages, and also enough Attack that she's fairly fine to kill her key opponents. I can't see it hurting, but I can't see it being that good.

But what do I know? Mine's merged. It's only 1 extra Res.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

+Spd for infantry Blade mages. For the fastest flier or cavalry Blade mages, they would go with +Atk.

Ah ok, thank you.

One further question though if you still have the time: I've been planning to inherit Lightning Breath to my Ninian for a while, but recently I had to face quite a few of them in the arena who all used Dark Breath. The rest of her set would be Moonbow/TA/WoM/Hone Atk.

Would Lightning Breath still be optimal or was there a change in general opinion recently and I just never noticed?

1 hour ago, Sias said:

Ah ok, thank you.

One further question though if you still have the time: I've been planning to inherit Lightning Breath to my Ninian for a while, but recently I had to face quite a few of them in the arena who all used Dark Breath. The rest of her set would be Moonbow/TA/WoM/Hone Atk.

Would Lightning Breath still be optimal or was there a change in general opinion recently and I just never noticed?

I personally do not think it matters too much. If you are using Ninian to wall and counter mages, then she will need Lightning Breath. If you just need her to take on only sword units, Flametongue would be best although it is quite expensive; Dark and Light Breath are both also fine, but you will be trading her offensive power for effects that might not be very useful depending on your play style.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Which of the 3* units haven't been featured in one of the Quests yet?  Like Three Heroes, Sacred Seals, etc?

First thought Clarine, and then all the other healers with them.

In less painful-sounding notes, I know Gordin, for certain, and probably Hinata and Bartre still. Setsuna... I really should grab a list.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

First thought Clarine, and then all the other healers with them.

In less painful-sounding notes, I know Gordin, for certain, and probably Hinata and Bartre still. Setsuna... I really should grab a list.

Defeat 5 enemies that are level 35 or higher with Azama.  Perish the thought.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I doubt they'd do that, since (I don't think) they've done that with any other healers thus far. 

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Spoiler

Azama
Bartre
Cherche
Clarine
Corrin
Eliwood
Florina
Gaius
Gordin
Gunter
Gwendolyn
Hinata
Jagen
Laslow
Lissa
Nino
Odin
Olivia
Robin
Saizo
Serra
Setsuna
Tiki
Wrys

...I think.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I have Jakob and a ton of attack buffs.  BRING IT.

Okay, I've got an issue. I need to update the game to play it, but for some reason I can't update it from the app store. All it's letting me do from the app page is open it, which then prompts me in game to update it, and takes me to the app page, and then endless cycle.

Edited by Inferno lizard

15 minutes ago, Inferno lizard said:

Okay, I've got an issue. I need to update the game to play it, but for some reason I can't update it from the app store. All it's letting me do from the app page is open it, which then prompts me in game to update it, and takes me to the app page, and then endless cycle.

What phone, OS, etc.?

This doesn't really tell us much.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

What phone, OS, etc.?

This doesn't really tell us much.

Oops, yeah, forgot. Iphone... 6, I think. Regular 6. OS... The standard one?  I don't know how to check what version I have currently. I think it's up to date.

Just now, Inferno lizard said:

Oops, yeah, forgot. Iphone... 6, I think. Regular 6. OS... The standard one?  I don't know how to check what version I have currently. I think it's up to date.

General -> Settings -> About.

iOS version would really help!