"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Since she won't be your main nuke, +SPD would be better in sense of survivability.  It should let her get doubled less with the cost of some kills. I'm content with my +ATK (+0) one, but usually when she kills stuff, it's by doubling the opponent. 

8 hours ago, XRay said:

In my opinion, only go with +Atk if you are using a Brave Lance build. I agree with @mampfoid and go with +Spd for everything else.

You could also just keep both and build two Azuras.

Thanks. I'm going to keep the +Spd one and merge the +Atk one. I don't think keeping the +Atk one would do much good since I can't use her in Chain Challenge or TT and at +4, my +Spd Azura will only have one less Atk point that a +0 +Atk Azura, but she'll have 5 more Spd. Merging her will also help me with my arena score since Azura is on my main team. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/10/2017 at 11:26 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Magic users tend to prefer Draconic Aura over Luna for a 3-charge special skill because enemies with high Res are so uncommon.

You are definitely right. On the other hand I think that both skills have their merit as units ing GHB/BHB infernal tend to have inflated stats and high res is pretty common, I guess thats the exception to the rule. In regard to Tempest Trials I like to run Blazing Thunder with quickened puls. Its really fast to charge up and carries over to the next level. Carefully timed I could one shot the Black Knight at the beginning of the level with Reinhardt on lunatic 7. Guess all strategies that work are good in the end. 

I just realize I have a spare Hector in my barracks. Does anyone know if Anna could use Distant Counter or would it be better to keep Fury on her. Her res is actually pretty high and I was wondering if she could be a good Reinhardt counter.

I've been thinking about building a bunch of Brave Bow+ archers, but I'm not sure what priority to build them in. Here's a list of my current options in order of rarity, along with their boons and banes:

• 5-star Bride Cordelia (+Res/-Def) (I'm sure she should be the highest priority regardless of her boon/bane, but I figured I'd list her for completion's sake.)
  • 5-star Takumi (+Res/-Def)
  • 5-star CYL Lyn (neutral) (probably Cordelia's biggest competitor for priority, I assume.)
  • 4-star Jeorge (+Res/-Spd)
  • 4-star Klein (+Atk/-Res)
  • 4-star Rebecca (+Def/-Atk)
  • 4-star Virion (+Spd/-Res)
  • 3-star Gordin (+Res/-HP)
  • 3-star Setsuna (+Atk/-Res)
  • 3-star Niles (+Res/-HP)

Some of these boons/banes are certainly better than others, but if there are any that would be higher priority with better ones, or are higher priority specifically because of the one I have, feel free to let me know.

Edited by DefaultBeep

No news on the next Banner is there?  Come tonight, it will be two full weeks since the last Banner started.  I don't know if they want the Dancer Banner to be a 3 Arena Week group or not.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

No news on the next Banner is there?  Come tonight, it will be two full weeks since the last Banner started.  I don't know if they want the Dancer Banner to be a 3 Arena Week group or not.

Just curious, have we been getting banners at a consistent pace to expect a new banner in the next few days?

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

Just curious, have we been getting banners at a consistent pace to expect a new banner in the next few days?

Every two weeks, give or take a couple of days. Special banners have started lasting full months, but new regular banners still show up halfway through. Since the special banner is nearly halfway done, a new banner should appear any day now.

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Every two weeks, give or take a couple of days. Special banners have started lasting full months, but new regular banners still show up halfway through. Since the special banner is nearly halfway done, a new banner should appear any day now.

Ah, I see. What about those banners for certain skills? Do they have a trend?

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

2 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I think they've just been one right after another since they were introduced, although a few may have had one or two days in-between where there was nothing. They're normally 2-3 weeks long, if I remember right. They never get a trailer in advance like the new unit banners do, though.

3 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I've been thinking about building a bunch of Brave Bow+ archers, but I'm not sure what priority to build them in. Here's a list of my current options in order of rarity, along with their boons and banes:

• 5-star Bride Cordelia (+Res/-Def) (I'm sure she should be the highest priority regardless of her boon/bane, but I figured I'd list her for completion's sake.)
  • 5-star Takumi (+Res/-Def)
  • 5-star CYL Lyn (neutral) (probably Cordelia's biggest competitor for priority, I assume.)
  • 4-star Jeorge (+Res/-Spd)
  • 4-star Klein (+Atk/-Res)
  • 4-star Rebecca (+Def/-Atk)
  • 4-star Virion (+Spd/-Res)
  • 3-star Gordin (+Res/-HP)
  • 3-star Setsuna (+Atk/-Res)
  • 3-star Niles (+Res/-HP)

Some of these boons/banes are certainly better than others, but if there are any that would be higher priority with better ones, or are higher priority specifically because of the one I have, feel free to let me know.

Brave Bow and in general, Brave weapon users want high attack and high speed. For archers, you're going to be looking at anyone with +32 neutral attack and/or +32 speed. Most Brave Bow archers want +Atk as they want to hit as hard as they can, but some of them can use +Spd or get away with being =Atk or =Spd like bride Cordelia, BH Lyn, and I believe Innes and Leon because their offensive spread is high enough.

Anyway, with a 32/32 offensive spread as a baseline, it would be something like in descending order:

• +Atk or +Spd Bride Cordelia (38/35 or 35/38) and +Atk or +Spd BH Lyn (36/35 or 33/38). Bride Cordelia has the advantage of a higher offensive spread while BH Lyn has the advantage of having a legendary bow as an alternative option, cavalry buffs, and an exclusive B-skill that counters Distant Counter users. Also, Lyn is regularly available unlike bride Cordelia. Both being neutral (in attack and speed) would probably be better or as good as Innes.
  • +Atk Innes (36/34)
  • +Atk summer Gaius (33/37), +Atk Leon (37/30), and +Atk Takumi (35/33)
  • +Atk Klein (34/33)
  • +Atk Jeorge (35/32). Last I checked and this was a while ago, Jeorge having 1 less speed than Klein does screw him over despite him hitting a bit harder than Klein. It might be different with the current pool of units.
  • +Atk Setsuna (31/37). +Spd Setsuna (28/40) can work, but 28 neutral attack seems iffy. It would be fine for PvE content since you will know what units will have what skills and stats unlike in arena where you might run into units who can no-sell her attacks.
  • +Atk Rebecca (32/34) and +Atk Virion (34/31). Rebecca gets some more doubles than Virion which with Luna, lets her be slightly better than him despite Virion hitting harder.
  • Clarisse (31/34). If she had access to boons and banes, she would probably have been up with Klein.
  • +Atk Faye (33/25), +Atk Gordin (34/25), and +Atk Niles (29/34). Faye and Gordin would be the "slow, but hard-hitting" Brave Bow archers, but unfortunately, 30 and 31 neutral attack, respectively, is average. If their neutral attack were +33 like Leon, then they would be truer to that type of Brave Bow archer. Both of them are probably going to be using Death Blow 3 over L&D3, especially if they're -Spd which for Faye drops her down to 21 speed rather than 22 unlike Gordin for some reason. Faye has the advantage of higher BST for more overall bulk and she can be a mage counter while Gordin is more physically bulkier despite his speed.
    • +Atk, -Def Niles running Brave Bow+, L&D3, and his default Iceberg has slightly better results against vanilla units than Faye who has the worst results for a Brave Bow archer without having a -breaker. He gets 94 wins, 10 losses, and 72 draws and Luna moves him up to 97 wins while +Atk, -Spd Faye with Brave Bow+ and Death Blow 3 gets 91 wins, 9 losses, and 76 draws; +Atk, -Spd Gordin with Brave Bow+ and Death Blow 3 gets 99 wins, 11 losses, and 66 draws. Here's the problem: Niles will always have lower total attack than Faye and L&D3 drops his ability to Def Ploy more units since he'd have 29 resistance instead of his usual 34 compared to Faye's 31. So, even though he can naturally double more units, he runs into the default Camilla and Draug or Setsuna problem where he could end up doubling units and doing very little damage or no damage at all.

An acronym that was used in the past for the best Brave Bow archers was TKJ or JKT for Jeorge, Klein, and Takumi. Now, I'd say it would be GJKLT with the introduction summer Gaius and Leon for Brave Bow archers you can't go wrong with while CIN would be the top Brave Bow archers. That doesn't mean the other archers can't be or aren't good Brave Bow archers. They just won't be on the level of CIN and GJKLT.

Personally, if I wanted the most damage out for a Brave Bow archer, I'd go with bride Cordelia, BH Lyn, and Innes or summer Gaius, Jeorge, Klein, Leon, and Takumi. For Firesweep Bow, it would probably be bride Cordelia, BH Lyn, Innes, summer Gaius, and Setsuna. Firesweep users tend to want speed so they can double as many people as they can and most of their attack can be made up by Firesweep weapons having higher MT, but I think summer Gaius and Setsuna can get away with being +Atk instead since their neutral speed is 37.

Faye, Niles, Rebecca, and Innes and BH Lyn for that matter, are good mage counters, but it's a bit more expensive to build considering there is only one source of Slaying Bow+ (Leon) for the archers without legendary bows and Distant Def isn't exactly common even with PA Olivia being available for the time being. On the flipside, Gordin, Leon, Takumi, and Virion are capable Close Counter archers as well. Gordin and Leon can make use of their high defense to tank physical hits and use Bonfire or Ignis in Gordin's case since he's usually slow enough enough to get doubled, Leon and Takumi have natural access to bows that would help them and Close Counter in Takumi's case, and Virion's just bulky. That leaves Clarisse who is by default is all right and she's a good debuffer. Defense and Resistance Smoke, whenever they will be released, would work great with her bow.

Virion does get special mention in that he can use Panic Ploy well because of his ridiculous HP, but you would be sacrificing the ability to buff other units with him and there's also no guarantee you can always debuff someone because you ran into a team using only Spur buffs like armor teams, you're using him in a PvE map where units generally have much higher HP, you couldn't get units in range of Panic Ploy, or whatever the case might be. Faye (42), Gordin (43), and not as good of a coverage, Klein (40) and Takumi (40) could run Panic Ploy too.

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Brave Bow and in general, Brave weapon users want high attack and high speed. For archers, you're going to be looking at anyone with +32 neutral attack and/or +32 speed. Most Brave Bow archers want +Atk as they want to hit as hard as they can, but some of them can use +Spd or get away with being =Atk or =Spd like bride Cordelia, BH Lyn, and I believe Innes and Leon because their offensive spread is high enough.

Anyway, with a 32/32 offensive spread as a baseline, it would be something like in descending order:

• +Atk or +Spd Bride Cordelia (38/35 or 35/38) and +Atk or +Spd BH Lyn (36/35 or 33/38). Bride Cordelia has the advantage of a higher offensive spread while BH Lyn has the advantage of having a legendary bow as an alternative option, cavalry buffs, and an exclusive B-skill that counters Distant Counter users. Also, Lyn is regularly available unlike bride Cordelia. Both being neutral (in attack and speed) would probably be better or as good as Innes.
  • +Atk Innes (36/34)
  • +Atk summer Gaius (33/37), +Atk Leon (37/30), and +Atk Takumi (35/33)
  • +Atk Klein (34/33)
  • +Atk Jeorge (35/32). Last I checked and this was a while ago, Jeorge having 1 less speed than Klein does screw him over despite him hitting a bit harder than Klein. It might be different with the current pool of units.
  • +Atk Setsuna (31/37). +Spd Setsuna (28/40) can work, but 28 neutral attack seems iffy. It would be fine for PvE content since you will know what units will have what skills and stats unlike in arena where you might run into units who can no-sell her attacks.
  • +Atk Rebecca (32/34) and +Atk Virion (34/31). Rebecca gets some more doubles than Virion which with Luna, lets her be slightly better than him despite Virion hitting harder.
  • Clarisse (31/34). If she had access to boons and banes, she would probably have been up with Klein.
  • +Atk Faye (33/25), +Atk Gordin (34/25), and +Atk Niles (29/34). Faye and Gordin would be the "slow, but hard-hitting" Brave Bow archers, but unfortunately, 30 and 31 neutral attack, respectively, is average. If their neutral attack were +33 like Leon, then they would be truer to that type of Brave Bow archer. Both of them are probably going to be using Death Blow 3 over L&D3, especially if they're -Spd which for Faye drops her down to 21 speed rather than 22 unlike Gordin for some reason. Faye has the advantage of higher BST for more overall bulk and she can be a mage counter while Gordin is more physically bulkier despite his speed.
    • +Atk, -Def Niles running Brave Bow+, L&D3, and his default Iceberg has slightly better results against vanilla units than Faye who has the worst results for a Brave Bow archer without having a -breaker. He gets 94 wins, 10 losses, and 72 draws and Luna moves him up to 97 wins while +Atk, -Spd Faye with Brave Bow+ and Death Blow 3 gets 91 wins, 9 losses, and 76 draws; +Atk, -Spd Gordin with Brave Bow+ and Death Blow 3 gets 99 wins, 11 losses, and 66 draws. Here's the problem: Niles will always have lower total attack than Faye and L&D3 drops his ability to Def Ploy more units since he'd have 29 resistance instead of his usual 34 compare to Faye's 31. So, even though he can naturally double more units, he runs into the default Camilla and Draug or Setsuna problem where he could end up doubling units and doing very little damage or no damage at all.

An acronym that was used in the past for the best Brave Bow archers was TKJ or JKT for Jeorge, Klein, and Takumi. Now, I'd say it would be GJKLT with the introduction summer Gaius and Leon for Brave Bow archers you can't go wrong with while CIN would be the top Brave Bow archers. That doesn't mean the other archers can't be or aren't good Brave Bow archers. They just won't be on the level of CIN and GJKLT.

Personally, if I wanted the most damage out for a Brave Bow archer, I'd go with bride Cordelia, BH Lyn, and Innes or summer Gaius, Jeorge, Klein, Leon, and Takumi. For Firesweep Bow, it would probably be bride Cordelia, BH Lyn, Innes, summer Gaius, and Setsuna. Firesweep users tend to want speed so they can double as many people as they can and most of their attack can be made up by Firesweep weapons having higher MT, but I think summer Gaius and Setsuna can get away with being +Atk instead since their neutral speed is 37.

Faye, Niles, Rebecca, and Innes and BH Lyn for that matter, are good mage counters, but it's a bit more expensive to build considering there is only one source of Slaying Bow+ (Leon) for the archers without legendary bows and Distant Def isn't exactly common even with PA Olivia being available for the time being. On the flipside, Gordin, Leon, Takumi, and Virion are capable Close Counter archers as well. Gordin and Leon can make use of their high defense to tank physical hits and use Bonfire or Ignis in Gordin's case since he's usually slow enough enough to get doubled, Leon and Takumi have natural access to bows that would help them and Close Counter in Takumi's case, and Virion's just bulky. That leaves Clarisse who is by default is all right and she's a good debuffer. Defense and Resistance Smoke, whenever they will be released, would work great with her bow.

Virion does get special mention in that he can use Panic Ploy well because of his ridiculous HP, but you would be sacrificing the ability to buff other units with him and there's also no guarantee you can always debuff someone because you ran into a team using only Spur buffs like armor teams, you're using him in a PvE map where units generally have much higher HP, you couldn't get units in range of Panic Ploy, or whatever the case might be. Faye (42), Gordin (43), and not as good of a coverage, Klein (40) and Takumi (40) could run Panic Ploy too.

My goodness, this was even more helpful than I expected. Thank you!

Also, I might've ignored listing Clarisse because I've already made her a 5-star, and I recently finished giving her Brave Bow+, Luna,Life and Death 3, and Swordbreaker 3. Personal bias dictated that decision.

I figured Cordelia and Lyn would be the top picks. I can't give my Cordelia merges anymore, but I'll probably start with her regardless, since I don't really expect to get more CYL Lyns anytime soon either. Plus, Lyn still works fairly well with her base kit, while a Brave Bow set seems much more helpful for Cordelia.

Klein or Setsuna seem like the next best picks, since they both have +Atk already. Klein would also be very cheap other than wanting LaD3 (and Death Blow is still solid enough in the meantime), so that's a plus for him. Jeorge will probably be after them just because I like him, and I don't mind promoting him twice if I ever get a 4-star version with +Atk. May as well build Takumi too, since getting another version of him, especially +Atk, is very unlikely. The rest will have to wait until I get them with better boons, or until I get them at all (which will never happen for poor Gaius...). Again, thank you! I might actually save this on my computer somewhere so I can remember all these points for later.

20 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

My goodness, this was even more helpful than I expected. Thank you!

Also, I might've ignored listing Clarisse because I've already made her a 5-star, and I recently finished giving her Brave Bow+, Luna,Life and Death 3, and Swordbreaker 3. Personal bias dictated that decision.

I figured Cordelia and Lyn would be the top picks. I can't give my Cordelia merges anymore, but I'll probably start with her regardless, since I don't really expect to get more CYL Lyns anytime soon either. Plus, Lyn still works fairly well with her base kit, while a Brave Bow set seems much more helpful for Cordelia.

Klein or Setsuna seem like the next best picks, since they both have +Atk already. Klein would also be very cheap other than wanting LaD3 (and Death Blow is still solid enough in the meantime), so that's a plus for him. Jeorge will probably be after them just because I like him, and I don't mind promoting him twice if I ever get a 4-star version with +Atk. May as well build Takumi too, since getting another version of him, especially +Atk, is very unlikely. The rest will have to wait until I get them with better boons, or until I get them at all (which will never happen for poor Gaius...). Again, thank you! I might actually save this on my computer somewhere so I can remember all these points for later.

I personally prefer keeping legendary and personal weapons on characters even if they're meh like Takumi's Fujin Yumi. If only it let him pass through forests without any penalties instead of having built-in Pass 2.

For the Brave Bow archers who have enough speed to double, -Spd isn't something they want since they would lose out on doubles which is noticeable when with a Brave Bow and -Spd, they would end up having -8 speed instead of -5 speed with their neutral speed. If you're going to build Jeorge as a Brave Bow archer, then you might want to wait until you can get another Jeorge who isn't -Spd. -Spd Jeorge (32/29) is kind of like +Spd Gordin (31/29) or Virion, but with more resistance for less HP. With summer Gaius, he's still all right even if he's not +Atk or +Spd since neutral summer Gaius is +Atk Setsuna with 1 less attack which you could make up with an Attack seal or attack buffs.

Do check with a damage calculator and use the overrides to compare merges or if units are running skills like Fury 3, Distant Def 3, etc. Also, with the introduction of Deflect seals and possible skills in the future and that a new banner is probably to be introduced about halfway in the Performing Arts banner, I might hold off to see what's in store for us. In the case of the Deflect seals, having too many Brave archers might not be a good idea. Brave archers are good, but maybe some of them could be doing other stuff that plays on their other strengths.

Edit: Also, I made the list with +Atk units and not +Spd or neutral and with the consideration that they're just running Brave Bow+ and L&D3 or Death Blow 3 without a special, any -breaker, Sacred Seal, or anything else to help them. Some of them might be all right if neutral attack and speed or +Spd, so do check the damage calculator like +Spd, -Res Virion might be okay considering he'd be Clarisse, but with higher HP and lower resistance, and Takumi is still Takumi.

Edited by Kaden

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I personally prefer keeping legendary and personal weapons on characters even if they're meh like Takumi's Fujin Yumi. If only it let him pass through forests without any penalties instead of having built-in Pass 2.

For the Brave Bow archers who have enough speed to double, -Spd isn't something they want since they would lose out on doubles which is noticeable when with a Brave Bow and -Spd, they would end up having -8 speed instead of -5 speed with their neutral speed. If you're going to build Jeorge as a Brave Bow archer, then you might want to wait until you can get another Jeorge who isn't -Spd. -Spd Jeorge (32/29) is kind of like +Spd Gordin (31/29) or Virion, but with more resistance for less HP. With summer Gaius, he's still all right even if he's not +Atk or +Spd since neutral summer Gaius is +Atk Setsuna with 1 less attack which you could make up with an Attack seal or attack buffs.

Do check with a damage calculator and use the overrides to compare merges or if units are running skills like Fury 3, Distant Def 3, etc. Also, with the introduction of Deflect seals and possible skills in the future and that a new banner is probably to be introduced about halfway in the Performing Arts banner, I might hold off to see what's in store for us. In the case of the Deflect seals, having too many Brave archers might not be a good idea. Brave archers are good, but maybe some of them could be doing other stuff that plays on their other strengths.

Edit: Also, I made the list with +Atk units and not +Spd or neutral and with the consideration that they're just running Brave Bow+ and L&D3 or Death Blow 3 without a special, any -breaker, Sacred Seal, or anything else to help them. Some of them might be all right if neutral attack and speed or +Spd, so do check the damage calculator like +Spd, -Res Virion might be okay considering he'd be Clarisse, but with higher HP and lower resistance, and Takumi is still Takumi.

I prefer personal weapons in most cases (I'd rather let Olwen keep Dire Thunder, even if a -blade tome would be great with horse buffs and my +Spd Olwen), and I like to build around them, but when they have effects like Takumi's and Jeorge's, I just... get sad whenever I look at them. Especially Jeorge; I love the guy, he's one of my favorite Archanea characters, but Warding Blow 2 is a very notably poor skill, especially since his Res is only 25 with +Res. I could give him Warding Blow 3 to give him 35 Res on player phase, but then with -Spd he won't be doubling very many mages anyway, so it just seems pointless. Especially with Niles and Innes, who can be much better mage counters on both enemy phase and player phase. CYL Lyn probably will be a much lower priority than others though, since I find her base kit to work fairly well in most cases.

I do agree, but my main thing is that, like I said, I have bias toward Jeorge. That makes me want to promote and maybe build him now for two reasons: for one, it would make it easier to use him right away, even if he's not going to be as good as he could be, or as good as other options. Two, if/when I do get him with +Atk, then I can promote him and get him to +1 immediately. I like the idea of merging 5-star units that I like, but it'd be harder to justify if I already have a 5-star +Atk Jeorge, since he'll only get slight stat increases compared to 4 more Atk and 3 more Spd (from not being -Spd). And I've only pulled one Jeorge ever since launch, so my confidence in getting him with +Atk soon is a bit shaky. Also, like you mentioned in the edit, I could give him a Speed or Attack Seal in the meantime, since I plan on upgrading all the basic stat booster seals pretty quickly (Attack Plus is already fully upgrading and on Clarisse).

I probably won't have 20,000 feathers until the next banner goes live, so that may influence my decision (especially if we get Jamke or Brigid and they're actually good). The Deflect Seals will probably be unavoidable soon, but other units should be able to handle them well enough in place of a Brave archer. I won't likely use a full team of Brave archers outside of modes like Tempest Trial where I can get away with it, so there should normally be another unit to cover for them in modes like Arena.

Are there any units in particular that you would say fare well with other builds? I know you mentioned some candidates for Slaying Bow+ and Firesweep Bow+ users, but I'm curious if there's anyone that could work with another weapon. Perhaps there really is a way to make my poor boy Jeorge usable with his Parthia?

@Kaden If @DefaultBeep is going to build so many brave archers, then -SPD wouldn't hurt much on some like Jeorge. I gave Jeorge (+ATK-SPD) lancebreaker, and Klein swordbreaker. Only these two cover a lot of units which are usually harder to kill for archers. 

Also it would be good to have some alternative builts like Slaying bow + QR/breaker + Bonfire/Iceberg on bulkier archers who lack SPD or even ATK in some cases. There ability to bait other archers or mages is a great advantage. 

Edited by mampfoid
double hurt

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

If @DefaultBeep is going to build so many brave archers, then -SPD wouldn't hurt much on some like Jeorge. I gave Jeorge (+ATK-SPD) lancebreaker, and Klein swordbreaker. Only these two cover a lot of units which are usually harder to kill for archers. 

Also it wouldn't hurt to have some alternative builts like Slaying bow + QR/breaker + Bonfire/Iceberg on bulkier archers who lack SPD or even ATK in some cases. There ability to bait other archers or mages is a great advantage. 

Breakers are definitely going to be used for most of the Brave builds; Clarisse already has Swordbreaker 3, and I plan to at least give Bride Cordelia Lancebreaker 3. The others will probably just depend on what fodder I have available at the time.

I have been looking into options for counter builds. Unfortunately, I have very few of the slower/weaker/tankier archers; Gordin and Niles are both 3-star (and Gordin is +Res/-HP which is very poor), Rebecca has a very shaky boon/bane, and I don't even have Leon, Innes, or Faye. My most defensive ones are probably Virion and Clarisse with 26 and 25, and Resistance is tied between Jeorge and Cordelia with 25 (and CYL Lyn with 28, but she's lower priority since her base kit works well for now). Most of these have solid Speed though, so perhaps the Distant Defense seal could patch them up well enough? I've been thinking about making that a priority for upgrading, so with level 3, it could bring all of them to just above 30 in their respective stats.

24 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Breakers are definitely going to be used for most of the Brave builds; Clarisse already has Swordbreaker 3, and I plan to at least give Bride Cordelia Lancebreaker 3. The others will probably just depend on what fodder I have available at the time.

I have been looking into options for counter builds. Unfortunately, I have very few of the slower/weaker/tankier archers; Gordin and Niles are both 3-star (and Gordin is +Res/-HP which is very poor), Rebecca has a very shaky boon/bane, and I don't even have Leon, Innes, or Faye. My most defensive ones are probably Virion and Clarisse with 26 and 25, and Resistance is tied between Jeorge and Cordelia with 25 (and CYL Lyn with 28, but she's lower priority since her base kit works well for now). Most of these have solid Speed though, so perhaps the Distant Defense seal could patch them up well enough? I've been thinking about making that a priority for upgrading, so with level 3, it could bring all of them to just above 30 in their respective stats.

Chances should be good for you to get a better nature at least of some of the 3*/4* units, which also can be merged at 4*. 

I haven't touched Niles yet, since Titania became my primary mage bait, but Gordin gets 30 neutral DEF at 4*/40 (37 DEF at 4* +10 and +DEF nature).

The seals are a good way to patch up some things, but higher level seals are expensive and you can use them only on one unit especially in modes like AA/CC/SA/TT. 

29 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Chances should be good for you to get a better nature at least of some of the 3*/4* units, which also can be merged at 4*. 

I haven't touched Niles yet, since Titania became my primary mage bait, but Gordin gets 30 neutral DEF at 4*/40 (37 DEF at 4* +10 and +DEF nature).

The seals are a good way to patch up some things, but higher level seals are expensive and you can use them only on one unit especially in modes like AA/CC/SA/TT. 

That's why I don't really plan to bother with Niles or Gordin yet (except for Brave Bow fodder). At least Setsuna has a pretty solid boon/bane, even if she is 3-star. Plus I don't really care for Niles, whereas I do like Innes, so he'd probably be my main mage countering archer (assuming I ever get him). Gordin I do like, but I want to wait for... anything that isn't +Res (or +Spd preferably) before doing anything with him.

I don't think I have anyone that could work well as a straight mage counter right now actually, largely thanks to not having access to Distant Counter. 5-star +Atk/-Def Titania is ready and waiting for the role once I get a (couple of) Hector, though.

Eh, I'll have enough to upgrade Distant Defense to level 3 at the end of next Arena season (already got it to level 2). It seems like one of the most useful seals to upgrade anyway, so I'd probably do it soon enough even ignoring my archers. I certainly won't rely on it for everything, but it can be good to have for GHB/BHB maps, story maps, and CC/TT runs where I can realistically clear them with one set of units.

12 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

That's why I don't really plan to bother with Niles or Gordin yet (except for Brave Bow fodder). At least Setsuna has a pretty solid boon/bane, even if she is 3-star. Plus I don't really care for Niles, whereas I do like Innes, so he'd probably be my main mage countering archer (assuming I ever get him). Gordin I do like, but I want to wait for... anything that isn't +Res (or +Spd preferably) before doing anything with him.

I don't think I have anyone that could work well as a straight mage counter right now actually, largely thanks to not having access to Distant Counter. 5-star +Atk/-Def Titania is ready and waiting for the role once I get a (couple of) Hector, though.

Eh, I'll have enough to upgrade Distant Defense to level 3 at the end of next Arena season (already got it to level 2). It seems like one of the most useful seals to upgrade anyway, so I'd probably do it soon enough even ignoring my archers. I certainly won't rely on it for everything, but it can be good to have for GHB/BHB maps, story maps, and CC/TT runs where I can realistically clear them with one set of units.

Like I wrote, you can start using your Gordin (2k won't hurt), since he seems to be your only bulky archer and merge him later into a better nature. 

Cool new avatar, but I prefer your old one. ;-p

Just now, mampfoid said:

Like I wrote, you can start using your Gordin (2k won't hurt), since he seems to be your only bulky archer and merge him later into a better nature. 

Cool new avatar, but I prefer your old one. ;-p

I guess 2,000 feathers isn't much, but I've started to have a hard time wanting to 4-star units when I could save to 5-star one instead. I wince every time I promote a Palla for Moonbow, and I still have like three 3-star Shannas sitting around while Minerva and Legion are waiting for Desperation. It's those darn level 40 conversations... I gotta have them! I need to hear Jeorge tell me that he loves me back!

Oh no, am I trapped to using nothing but mole avatars in order to remain recognizable? I'll probably change it back if once I get Tailtiu. I wasn't expecting her at all, and the hype may have gotten to me a bit too much.

Hi guys! Actually, I'm trying to build F!Robin. It's actually 5* lvl 40+1, and it has Gronnwolf+, Ignis, Bowbreaker 3, Hone Atk 3 and the Sacred Seal Speed +1. I want to put her Triangle Adept 3 as soon as I have some Roy fodder, but I'm not sure about what Assist to use. I know Reposition is the most common, but maybe there's something else which works better. Also, do you think I should upgrade the seal to Speed +2? Speed +3 isn't an option atm, since I want to create Distant Defense 3 when I have enough big badges

Got +spd/-atk Inigo. Is he a good Groonblade user? His atk is low (37 with Gronnblade equiped), but Groonblade kinda fix it, I guess...

Anyway, I will probably continue merging up my Nino instead of giving her tome to him, for now.

Can somebody please tell me where the sacred forge is? I can't find it and I feel like an idiot. My phone says I have the most recent upgrade, but it's not in advanced growth or anywhere I looked for it.

12 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Can somebody please tell me where the sacred forge is? I can't find it and I feel like an idiot. My phone says I have the most recent upgrade, but it's not in advanced growth or anywhere I looked for it.

Complete the Intermission in Battle > Story Maps > Main Story first.

Edited by Vaximillian