"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I make a decent flier emblem without Hinoka?

The 5* fliers I have available are: Valter, Minerva(-speed/+atk), Caeda, Spring Camilla and Normal Camilla. Also have a +speed Cordelia at 4* and Palla besides the other GHB and generic other fliers.

Edited by Chelone

1 hour ago, Chelone said:

The 5* fliers I have available are: Valter, Minerva(-speed/+atk), Caeda, Spring Camilla and Normal Camilla. Also have a +speed Cordelia at 4* and Palla besides the other GHB and generic other fliers.

Of course, build them based on Goad Fliers and Fortify Fliers, if needed. Spur skills are much more appreciated nowadays given how Nintendo is throwing Panic Ploy and Panic on everything.

Spring Camilla can be built with Gronnblade or Gronnraven, depending on which resources are more accessible to you, if you run Raven tomes you'd like either Triangle Adept or Iote's Shield on her to reliably deal with colorless units, except clerics and troubadours (based on Camilla's low Res and how annoying they tend to be). If you run her in the Blade form, then Fury is a good option. I've seen other variants with Life and Death when she's +Spd.

On the other hand, Cordelia's favorite build is Firesweep Lance+ with Life and Death and she'll be terrifying. However, Brave Lance and Death Blow is a good and cheap kit.

Spring Camilla loves Fortify Fliers to boost her physical bulk and tank with Raven tome or slightly boost her dmg with Blade tome, so whoever has Fort Fliers should go with her. Minerva is a good companion with Ward Fliers in case of Raven Tome, else standard Camilla is good to tank blue mages, then add Valter for triangle coverage. Be sure to give them good Assists like Reposition and Draw Back.

7 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Hi guys! Actually, I'm trying to build F!Robin. It's actually 5* lvl 40+1, and it has Gronnwolf+, Ignis, Bowbreaker 3, Hone Atk 3 and the Sacred Seal Speed +1. I want to put her Triangle Adept 3 as soon as I have some Roy fodder, but I'm not sure about what Assist to use. I know Reposition is the most common, but maybe there's something else which works better. Also, do you think I should upgrade the seal to Speed +2? Speed +3 isn't an option atm, since I want to create Distant Defense 3 when I have enough big badges

I personally like using Draw Back for ranged units like mages, since they normally prefer to stay behind other units instead of taking hits for them. Of course, Reposition is still very useful as well, and is more useful in some situations, so it's really just up to personal preference.

The seals are also pretty much up to you, I'd say. I upgraded the Attack seal to +3 immediately because I have a lot of Brave weapon units, but it really just comes down to what you think your units need more. I'd definitely still go for Distant Defense 3 though, that one's a very strong choice in my opinion.

16 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Are there any units in particular that you would say fare well with other builds? I know you mentioned some candidates for Slaying Bow+ and Firesweep Bow+ users, but I'm curious if there's anyone that could work with another weapon. Perhaps there really is a way to make my poor boy Jeorge usable with his Parthia?

Clarisse's Bow can be used by anyone really if you want to make a(nother) debuff archer. I remember seeing a Jeorge running a Clarisse's Bow build, but I think he was heavily merged, so there's that. Otherwise, when Clarisse and her bow were revealed, I remember Virion being mentioned as a potential user of Clarisse's Bow. It's probably because of his high HP and high bulk. So, Clarisse's Bow to debuff adjacent enemies and Panic Ploy to further debuff them if they get in its range and are field buffed by allies e.g. Camus receiving a Hone Cavalry buff. Eventually, Def and Res Smoke will be introduced and in that case, you could do something like Clarisse's Bow, Seal Atk 3, Seal Atk/Def 2, or Seal Atk/Spd 2, and Def Smoke 3. Res Smoke could work depending on the team. Debuffs upon debuffs. The only problem is that they're not actually killing anything which might not be ideal in a hyper-offensive, ORKO or get ORKO'd meta.

The one bow that always makes me wonder when another weapon like it will exist is Assassin's Bow. It has Daggerbreaker EX built-in and I say EX since it doesn't matter what HP the user is at unlike with normal -breaker skills that require you to have >=50% HP. Could you imagine an Assassin's Bow that had Bowbreaker EX or any other weapon with an EX -breaker? Dagger units are pretty niche, but archers and other units are more common. In the case of a Bowbreaker Bow, Gordin and Virion would be good users of it. With their high physical bulk through their high HP -- not as high for Leon -- and at worst, average defense, they could take hits from an archer and double back regardless of their HP. Takumi could probably use it too despite his lower HP than Gordin and Virion and average defense giving him lower total physical bulk. That would leave their B-slot for some other skill like Renewal for sustain or another -breaker which is what Setsuna by default runs with Assassin's Bow and Bowbreaker 3.

7 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

So what's in a good Lloyd? I've been working on raising one because why not.

Fury for more bulk if you don't want or can't give him Distant Counter. Lloyd's essentially a sword Anna with lower defense and speed for more attack and resistance or Fir with much higher attack for much lower defense. I don't think L&D would be a good idea on him since his defense would drop down to 15 which is terrible for a melee unit. It seems safer for him to have 2 less attack and speed from using Fury 3 for 3 more defense and resistance. That's up to you, though. I guess you could give him T-Adept if you wanted, but at that point, Fir (and Caeda) with a Ruby Sword might be a better option since you're not wasting a 16 Mt sword with them.

B-slot might depend on what you want. I've seen people giving him Desperation which makes sense since with Fury 3, he'd have 38 speed and against units at full HP, 40 speed through Regal Blade, so he probably could blitz units down. Vantage makes sense considering how squishy he is, but if he's baiting mages, it might not be useful if he doesn't have DC. That leaves the -breakers, Escape Route, Renewal, Wrath, etc.

Edited by Kaden

8 hours ago, Chelone said:

Yes, and I think you have a pretty good flier team lined up with the 5* units you have: Valter, Minerva, Caeda, and Spring Camilla.

Both Minerva and Caeda come with flier buffs natively (Ward Fliers and Fortify Fliers respectively), so I'd have them keep those. Have Spring Camilla and Valter inherit Goad Fliers from some spare Pallas you may have lying about. If you only have one Palla, give Goad Fliers to Spring Camilla, since Valter comes with Panic Ploy, which is a great skill.

I'd also recommend giving Caeda a Ruby Sword (can be obtained from Stahl, for example). Caeda is pretty weak, so her primary job is just to take on green units. The Ruby Sword helps her out there.

So there you go! Try that out and see how you like it.

So i had this 5 Star+ 5 merged Clair (+SPD/-DEF laying around since ages and thought i'd level her. I know Clair isnt that very good, but i thought I'd focus on her main asset: SPD and Resistance:

The C Slot is Defense Ploy.

If attacked by a magical user she runs 51 resistance (berkuts lance and 2 times distant def). A +5 merged +ATK Deathblow 3, Quickend Pulse Reinhardt with Lancebreaker isnt able to kill her. unless he has cavalry buffs on.
A fully buffed +ATK Fury 3 Nino +5 is not able to kill her, unless she runs Life and Death or has a +SPD IV (since she manages to double her then).

Dunno was just playing around, but she might come in handy when facing mages.

Anyone has an other Idea for a different built on her?

Edited by Hilda

17 minutes ago, Usana said:

So instead of Minerva I pulled a Fae. Now I get to choose between Res Boon/HP Bane(My current) and Atk Boon/Def Bane(the new one). And I am not sure which to go with. Any opinions on the matter?

Fae can easily dump Def. 

On 10/12/2017 at 3:32 PM, NSSKG151 said:

I just realize I have a spare Hector in my barracks. Does anyone know if Anna could use Distant Counter or would it be better to keep Fury on her. Her res is actually pretty high and I was wondering if she could be a good Reinhardt counter.

She needs Triangle Adept to reliably wall Reinhardt in my opinion, since Moonbow-Quickened Pulse can still break Anna.

21 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Hi guys! Actually, I'm trying to build F!Robin. It's actually 5* lvl 40+1, and it has Gronnwolf+, Ignis, Bowbreaker 3, Hone Atk 3 and the Sacred Seal Speed +1. I want to put her Triangle Adept 3 as soon as I have some Roy fodder, but I'm not sure about what Assist to use. I know Reposition is the most common, but maybe there's something else which works better. Also, do you think I should upgrade the seal to Speed +2? Speed +3 isn't an option atm, since I want to create Distant Defense 3 when I have enough big badges

If you do not like Reposition, then there is Draw Back. Swap may also work if you plan to give her a Raven build, so she can put herself out there a little more to attract archers and other blue mages.

20 hours ago, Rinco said:

Got +spd/-atk Inigo. Is he a good Groonblade user? His atk is low (37 with Gronnblade equiped), but Groonblade kinda fix it, I guess...

Anyway, I will probably continue merging up my Nino instead of giving her tome to him, for now.

His attack is really low, like Odin low. He is fine if you stack all four stat buffs on him constantly, but a proper Blade mage like Nino is much easier to use offensively.

8 hours ago, Spectraman said:

Can I ask for tips of what skills to inherit for my units in this thread?

Yes. It does not really matter which thread you use in my opinion, since a lot of questions on here are about Skill Inheritance anyways. This thread is just a catch all for all other questions not related to Skill Inheritance.

7 minutes ago, Usana said:

So instead of Minerva I pulled a Fae. Now I get to choose between Res Boon/HP Bane(My current) and Atk Boon/Def Bane(the new one). And I am not sure which to go with. Any opinions on the matter?

Fae's stats are geared towards a Triangle Adept build in my opinon, so I would say your current one suits that role better since she can take on Lance units as well.

+Atk is good, but unnecessary in a Triangle Adept build, and -Def reduces her tanking potential a bit against lances. For a general Enemy Phase offensive set, she should have +Atk, -Res.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

She needs Triangle Adept to reliably wall Reinhardt in my opinion, since Moonbow-Quickened Pulse can still break Anna.

@NSSKG151

Deflect Magic 3 can be used instead.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Fae's stats are geared towards a Triangle Adept build in my opinon, so I would say your current one suits that role better since she can take on Lance units as well.

+Atk is good, but unnecessary in a Triangle Adept build, and -Def reduces her tanking potential a bit against lances. For a general Enemy Phase offensive set, she should have +Atk, -Res.

@Usana

-Def is fine if you have Fortify Dragons (hell, even Fortify Def) on another unit to cover for it. I find lances to be less of an issue than magic, and being able to tank magic for days is more valuable to me.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Deflect Magic 3 can be used instead.

Thanks for the information from both of you.

11 hours ago, Thienphu said:

Hi,

What do you think about my Ryoma?

And should I stay with draconic aura or should I go for aether?

Definitely interesting!  Looks like more of a solo guy than anything.  If you're going for arena score, then he'll want Aether.  Otherwise, he's fine with Dragonic Aura.

I'm not a huge fan of Threaten skills, but if it works on him, go for it~!

12 hours ago, Thienphu said:

Hi,

What do you think about my Ryoma?

And should I stay with draconic aura or should I go for aether?

18 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Definitely interesting!  Looks like more of a solo guy than anything.  If you're going for arena score, then he'll want Aether.  Otherwise, he's fine with Dragonic Aura.

Wouldn't he want a 4 count special like dragon fang to profit from heavy blade? Alternatively a 5 count special plus QP seal (or infantry pulse on a team member). 

Edit: Forget what I just wrote. I'm too used to BH!Roy with Galeforce, which activates after the last attack and not with an attack like dragon fang. 

Cool Ryoma btw., he never came to me until now sadly. 

Edited by mampfoid
Can't count properly

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

What C skill would you recommend?

24 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

What would be better to give the Black Knight for a Sacred Seal; Deflect Magic 1 or Panic Ploy 1?

Most likely Panic Ploy, once you can max it out. Deflect Magic is better used on units not at a color disadvantage to Reinhardt.

On 10/14/2017 at 2:00 PM, Ice Dragon said:

@Usana

-Def is fine if you have Fortify Dragons (hell, even Fortify Def) on another unit to cover for it. I find lances to be less of an issue than magic, and being able to tank magic for days is more valuable to me.

Yeah that is a big reason I didn't just jump on the +Atk one. That said the Res boon having an HP bane would seem to not be an ideal mage tank boon/bane. Too bad I don't have a +Res/-Def Fae laying around anywhere. Do have a +Def/-HP 4* though.  35/36 defenses(with fortify dragons) is rather tempting, but I think I have other uses for 20k feathers.

Anyways from everyone's comments it sounds like the +ATK isn't exactly needed and I can hang onto my current res boon. She is the only dragon I have that is magic tanky(my ninian is a res bane/spd boon) so I may as well focus on that.

I have an extra goad fliers and I don't know who to give it too. The options are either Valter or Cherche. I'm leaning more towards Valter as I want to give Cherche Fortify. How does that sound? What do you guys think?

30 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I have an extra goad fliers and I don't know who to give it too. The options are either Valter or Cherche. I'm leaning more towards Valter as I want to give Cherche Fortify. How does that sound? What do you guys think?

My personal preference is, if a unit is mainly supposed to tank, give them a buff that increases their allies' Atk and Spd, and if a unit is supposed to attack, then give them a buff that increases their allies' Def and Res. Basically, let the unit buff the stats of other units that they themselves do not need buffs for. So, I'd say that where each one goes to depends on what role you want your units to have. If you want Cherche to mainly tank and Valter to mainly attack, then give Cherche Goad and Valter Fortify; if you want Valter to mainly tank and Cherche to mainly attack, then give them the opposite. If you want both of them to do both equally... then I dunno, you could always flip a coin I guess.

The better question is, why don't you do what I did and build a 4-star +7 Caeda because the game still refuses to give you the one you want?

I am not sure how good of a Tank Cherche is with her low Spd lulz. Their Defensiv Stat are quite equal, but Valter has the higher SPD. Cherche has more HP which can come in handy, but not getting double is imho key to not die easy :X

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I am not sure how good of a Tank Cherche is with her low Spd lulz. Their Defensiv Stat are quite equal, but Valter has the higher SPD. Cherche has more HP which can come in handy, but not getting double is imho key to not die easy :X

Depends on what he has for their kits, as well. If Cherche has a Brave Axe, then that extra Atk could be much more handy; otherwise, like you said, Valter has the advantage in Spd, so he could potentially make use of both the bonus to Atk as well as Spd from a Goad. Cherche's boon and bane could make a difference too. I'd say it's up to @Poimagic to decide what would be most helpful for his team setup as a whole. Waiting to give both of them a Goad or a Fortify is also a potential option.