"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Depends on what he has for their kits, as well. If Cherche has a Brave Axe, then that extra Atk could be much more handy; otherwise, like you said, Valter has the advantage in Spd, so he could potentially make use of both the bonus to Atk as well as Spd from a Goad. Cherche's boon and bane could make a difference too. I'd say it's up to @Poimagic to decide what would be most helpful for his team setup as a whole. Waiting to give both of them a Goad or a Fortify is also a potential option.

I think giving Valter Goad and Cherche Fortify is a good idea. Well, Cherche will have Fortify once I actually pull a Caeda.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So recently, I've had the urge to experiment with some different skills just for fun. At the moment, I'm most tempted by Watersweep. I would be intrigued by Windsweep had I not merged all of my Alms together. But now that Phantom Speed 3 is a thing, I'm curious about finding a good way to utilize it. It feels pretty situational, but it could also be very annoying. My first instinct is to give it to someone that uses a brave weapon and a +SPD nature or someone with decent enough ATK and speed to make use of like...Swift Sparrow/LaD plus Watersweep. But I kind of want to branch out from the current meta builds.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm leaning towards an archer with a watersweep build. I kind of feel like my +SPD Virion might like having the skill to protect him from mages. I also have a +ATK Leon who might like having it... But then I also have Matthew who has respectable speed just not attack. I tend to run all three of these guys with dancers anyway so I'm not expecting any oneshots unless they have their specials ready to go.

11 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

So recently, I've had the urge to experiment with some different skills just for fun. At the moment, I'm most tempted by Watersweep. I would be intrigued by Windsweep had I not merged all of my Alms together. But now that Phantom Speed 3 is a thing, I'm curious about finding a good way to utilize it. It feels pretty situational, but it could also be very annoying. My first instinct is to give it to someone that uses a brave weapon and a +SPD nature or someone with decent enough ATK and speed to make use of like...Swift Sparrow/LaD plus Watersweep. But I kind of want to branch out from the current meta builds.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm leaning towards an archer with a watersweep build. I kind of feel like my +SPD Virion might like having the skill to protect him from mages. I also have a +ATK Leon who might like having it... But then I also have Matthew who has respectable speed just not attack. I tend to run all three of these guys with dancers anyway so I'm not expecting any oneshots unless they have their specials ready to go.

I've heard of people trying a +Spd Hone Cav Reinhardt with Phantom Speed 3.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I've heard of people trying a +Spd Hone Cav Reinhardt with Phantom Speed 3.

I saw that topic too. That has potential to be a pretty annoying build, but at the same time, I've already maxed out HM on my Reinhardt, so I probably won't use him as much until they raise the HM cap again. And I feel like I have so many other characters that I like...never use. XD I guess I could probably try something similar with Olwen even if her ATK isn't anywhere as good as his is.

Is Life and Death 3 generally the best thing to give a Desperation -blade mage? I just got a +HP/-Res Tailtiu, and I want to plan out her final kit before spending any SP (although Drive Spd is probably save to grab off the bat). What's a good Special to give her as well? I imagine most Specials will probably be overkill with her -blade tome, and neither of her defensive stats are particularly good, so would Moonbow be the best option for its short charge?

I got a +Spd/-Res Robin out of my trash hunting for a Genealogy girl, and I have vague memories of hearing this is pretty good. I have a +Atk/-Res Robin with a merge under his belt (though I intend to promote him to 5* one day for Blarraven+), but should I switch nature to +Spd/-Res? If not, I'm probably going to dump him for Bonfire Sigurd.

2 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Just out of curiousity, what happens if you have a +10 5* unit and suddenly decide you want a different IV? Can you still merge just to change the IV?

Yes, you can. You can’t go higher than +10 for bonus stats, but you can always merge further for SP and better nature.

17 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I got a +Spd/-Res Robin out of my trash hunting for a Genealogy girl, and I have vague memories of hearing this is pretty good. I have a +Atk/-Res Robin with a merge under his belt (though I intend to promote him to 5* one day for Blarraven+), but should I switch nature to +Spd/-Res? If not, I'm probably going to dump him for Bonfire Sigurd.

From what I've been told, +Spd is more helpful for Robin so he gets doubled less and doubles others more. I'm not sure on the exact calculations, but since his normal build involves giving him Triangle Adept 3, Atk, Def, and Res are less important to have extra or less of compared to Spd.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

From what I've been told, +Spd is more helpful for Robin so he gets doubled less and doubles others more. I'm not sure on the exact calculations, but since his normal build involves giving him Triangle Adept 3, Atk, Def, and Res are less important to have extra or less of compared to Spd.

Spd was important back before Skill Inheritance was a thing because it prevented Robin from being double attacked by Takumi.

It's no longer as important anymore since Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte, and Weaponbreakers render the Spd stat for his role mostly unnecessary.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Spd was important back before Skill Inheritance was a thing because it prevented Robin from being double attacked by Takumi.

It's no longer as important anymore since Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte, and Weaponbreakers render the Spd stat for his role mostly unnecessary.

Ah, my bad then, I got them backwards. Thanks for the correction.

Why they heck did they feel the need to give Sigurd 5 more BST?  The game's not even a year old yet.  They can make a good character without blatant power creep.

I am in a little bit of trouble Nino-wise. I always believed a +spd (not-atk) IV is the best. As soon as I got said nature I merged her into my existing +atk - def IV.

During an AA battle I baited a +atk (52) nino+6, as I was to learn after the fact, with a Black Knight and got killed. Nino had 1hp remaining. Hmm...

Now I am thinking with the current seals situation and fury she could get 42spd before buffs and merges. 

A +10 merge would have 46spd this way with hone spd even 50. 

What do you think, should I stick to my +spd-def nature?

I am definitely not gonna rush things as I only have a +atk-hp IV and would definitely want to go with -def.

Edited by Prince Endriu

52 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

I am in a little bit of trouble Nino-wise. I always believed a +spd (not-atk) IV is the best. As soon as I got said nature I merged her into my existing +atk - def IV.

During an AA battle I baited a +atk (52) nino+6, as I was to learn after the fact, with a Black Knight and got killed. Nino had 1hp remaining. Hmm...

Now I am thinking with the current seals situation and fury she could get 42spd before buffs and merges. 

A +10 merge would have 46spd this way with hone spd even 50. 

What do you think, should I stick to my +spd-def nature?

I am definitely not gonna rush things as I only have a +atk-hp IV and would definitely want to go with -def.

Seals could patch up SPD or ATK. If you refrained to the new deflect seals, then it wouldn't have changed the BK situation, except if Nino would have attacked in desperation range. 

It wouldn't make sense to change the nature of a highly merged unit only for one situation. I guess there are some in which +ATK is better and other (probably more) situations where +SPD is better. 

Perhaps on a defense team +ATK is indeed better, because you can never tell if Nino lives to make the follow-up attack. Personally I prefer my +SPD Nino, but I haven't started to give her merges. 

So I just got a +Atk -Hp Seliph trying to get his father oh god why. What can I do with him? His Tyrfing as an awful effect and his skillset is frankly terrible. I guess he's going to be a 40% bonus unit in the next TT and if Tailtiu ends at 20% then I need to make him usable.

In short, what kind of build can make Seliph usable at least?

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Seals could patch up SPD or ATK. If you refrained to the new deflect seals, then it wouldn't have changed the BK situation, except if Nino would have attacked in desperation range. 

It wouldn't make sense to change the nature of a highly merged unit only for one situation. I guess there are some in which +ATK is better and other (probably more) situations where +SPD is better. 

Perhaps on a defense team +ATK is indeed better, because you can never tell if Nino lives to make the follow-up attack. Personally I prefer my +SPD Nino, but I haven't started to give her merges. 

Thanks 

My nino is just +1, mainly because I got a 'better' nature. I am actually planning on merging her up in the long run. My goal is to be able to stay in tier 20 one day and not have every second week off from competition - I got more than 10 ninos atm so she is a good contender for that.

In the end you are right on or the other can be patched with the new seals.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Why they heck did they feel the need to give Sigurd 5 more BST?  The game's not even a year old yet.  They can make a good character without blatant power creep.

I agree. He can take a hit to his Speed and Resistance and he will still turn out decent. Maybe they do not want a Xander clone?

26 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

So I just got a +Atk -Hp Seliph trying to get his father oh god why. What can I do with him? His Tyrfing as an awful effect and his skillset is frankly terrible. I guess he's going to be a 40% bonus unit in the next TT and if Tailtiu ends at 20% then I need to make him usable.

You can give him a Brave Sword build with Bonfire, Deathblow, and a Breaker.

Hello all,

Maybe I'm unclear here but everytime I look at a guide to see if the stats are above average, the attack number is usually a lot lower than what it is in the game.  IS there a conversion table or am I look at it wrong?  

Ex. My 4 star Reinhardt is HP:15 ATK:17 SPD:5 DEF 4: RES:8 vs. https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/reinhardt which shows him as average for all skills but the attack doesn't match.  

@wushuguy The Atk shown is without a weapon equipped. Just subtract the 9 Mt from Thoron to get Reinhardt’s actual base Atk.

17 base Atk should be neutral in this case, but is your Reinhardt Lv. 1? If not, you will have to level him to 20 and use “Unlock Potential” to see his base stats as a 5* unit.

Just checked the damage calculator how F Robin fares against Blyn and Reinhardt. Gronraven gets an additional 20% against colorless if stacked with Triangle Adept but Gronnwolf against cavalry apparently not. Is the calculator wrong?

Edited by Prince Endriu

2 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Just checked the damage calculator how F Robin fares against Blyn and Reinhardt. Gronraven gets an additional 20% against colorless if stacked with Triangle Adept but Gronnwolf apparently not. Is thr calculator wrong?

Gronnwolf does effective damage like Hammer and Poison Dagger. It does not give weapon advantage or disadvantage on its own.

Which calculator are you using?

Edited by MrSmokestack

13 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Gronnwolf does effective damage like Hammer and Poison Dagger. It does not give weapon advantage or disadvantage on its own.

Which calculator are you using?

Gamepress.

I just thought cause gronnraven is effective against colorless and stacks with TA. So logically gronnwolf would have to stack wi TA as well against horses. Was checking out F Robins posdibilities as a counter but it seems she is just good against Rein and not against Lyn

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

nothing, he is just as bad as Alfonse. The only thing you can do is slap a Brave Sword on him. Your seliph has 2 more atk/1 more HP/1 less Spd/2 less Def then Alfonse (due to his nature), in short words you got an Alfonse that can deal a bit more damage but gets ****** that much harder when he is attacked. Embrace the weak-sauce

Edited by Hilda

13 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Is Life and Death 3 generally the best thing to give a Desperation -blade mage? I just got a +HP/-Res Tailtiu, and I want to plan out her final kit before spending any SP (although Drive Spd is probably save to grab off the bat). What's a good Special to give her as well? I imagine most Specials will probably be overkill with her -blade tome, and neither of her defensive stats are particularly good, so would Moonbow be the best option for its short charge?

Blade mages tend to like Fury to get into Desperation range easily and to give them some overall bulk if need arises, but if my Tailtiu is any indication she has paper thin defenses so it'll be better to go all out on offense with LnD 3 and give her Reciprocal Aid to get her in Desperation range (Ardent Sacrifice is usually enough but +HP Tailtiu has 42 so she needs two uses to enter the range).

1 hour ago, XRay said:

You can give him a Brave Sword build with Bonfire, Deathblow, and a Breaker.

That sounds good, his atk is above average and can pack a punch with Bonfire. I'll consider it. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

nothing, he is just as bad as Alfonse. The only thing you can do is slap a Brave Sword on him. Your seliph has 2 more atk/1 more HP/1 less Spd/2 less Def then Alfonse (due to his nature), in short words you got an Alfonse that can deal a bit more damage but gets ****** that much harder when he is attacked.

Yeah, I suspected as much. I guess he's going with a Brave Sword, Death Blow 2, Bonfire, Axebreaker set just to be on the safe side in the next TT. Although I heard Julia will be prominent in the Tempest banner so there's a chance I won't use him at all, after all those resources would be better on Alfonse, Chrom or even Ogma.