"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Which is a better (4 star) Caeda to use? +HP/-Def or +Res/-Def?

I mean I guess +Res means better Icebergs but overall, +HP makes her survive more (also I lack Iceberg fodder anyway). Just wanted a second opinion.

Also I pulled a +Atk/-Def Shigure. Normally I would put a Blarraven on him but are there any other weapon/skills better suited for his +Atk nature? I mean ideally he shouldn't be attacking but just looking for suggestions.

If you are only using Caeda to tank green mages since that is her niche, then [+Res, -Def] is better. If you want her to face melee units, [+HP, -Def] is technically better than [+Res, -Def] for that role, but I would wait for [+Atk, -Res] before you invest in her. Caeda's Attack and Defense are a bit low, so I am not sure if she will be that great against melee units.

I do not think he utilize any other blue tomes or skills more effectively with his +Atk. [+Atk, -Def, Blárraven, Moonbow, Fury, Quick Riposte] gives him the most kills against ranged neutral vanilla units, but his performance is lackluster against other mages with that build and I am not sure if you want to use him that way.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Thienphu said:

i just pulled a Eldigan +res/-spd :/

how should i build him?

It’s my Eldigan! :D

I gave him a pretty standard build of Fury, QR, Hone Cav, Reposition, Ignis.

39 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Why not Bonfire, for instant special damage on EP? 

Either my math is wrong, or:

Ignis (4→3):

Start combat (3) → they hit (2) → he hits (1) → they double (0) → he QR-doubles (Ignis).

Bonfire (3→2):

Start combat (2) → they hit (1) → he hits (0) → they double (still 0) → he QR-doubles (Bonfire).

Unless I forgot QP seal, and that I did.

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Either my math is wrong, or:

Ignis (4→3):

Start combat (3) → they hit (2) → he hits (1) → they double (0) → he QR-doubles (Ignis).

Bonfire (3→2):

Start combat (2) → they hit (1) → he hits (0) → they double (still 0) → he QR-doubles (Bonfire).

Your math is 100% fine, but precondition would be an opponent with 34 SPD or faster (respectively 38 SPD or faster in the current TT) while bonfire procs always on EP. 

Edited by mampfoid

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Your math is 100% fine, but precondition would be an opponent with 34 SPD or faster (respectively 38 SPD or faster in the current TT) while bonfire procs always on EP. 

But we’re talking –Spd. Eldigan has 24 Spd (28 in the current tempest) with –Spd. 33 Spd or faster is not exactly difficult to find.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But we’re talking –Spd. Eldigan has 24 Spd (28 in the current tempest) with –Spd. 33 Spd or faster is not exactly difficult to find.

Yeah sorry, I checked the wrong column (ATK instead of SPD). Perhaps I should run Ignis as well, since my Eldigan is +RES -SPD (we should open a club) and will replace Sigurd at some point in this TT. 

Edited by mampfoid

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah sorry, I checked the wrong column (ATK instead of SPD). Perhaps I should run Ignis as well, since my Eldigan is +RES -SPD and will replace Sigurd at some point in this TT. 

Here’s my Res/Spd Eldigan. QP works wonders in the tempest. Too bad he’s already at 3k. At least Arvis and Olwen can still gain HM.

36 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Here’s my Res/Spd Eldigan. QP works wonders in the tempest. Too bad he’s already at 3k. At least Arvis and Olwen can still gain HM.

Mine is the same, except for Ignis (Bonfire) and Reposition (Swap). Reposition is better, but I was out of fodder then and now I have 3 sword Cavs with Reposition (Roy, Xander, Sigurd).  He has still some HM to gain (2000+) and will probably do so in the current TT. 

56 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Mine is the same, except for Ignis (Bonfire) and Reposition (Swap). Reposition is better, but I was out of fodder then and now I have 3 sword Cavs with Reposition (Roy, Xander, Sigurd). 

Mine had Swap until I got another Barst yesterday or a few days before. Reposition on every thing!

First! For Arvis:

• WEAPON: Valflame
  • SUPPORT: Ardent Sacrifice
  • SPECIAL: Iceberg
  • A: Fury 3
  • B: Recover Ring
  • C: Defense Ploy 3
  • SEAL: Resistance +3 or Squad Ace C 3

Good, or no? I wanted to center it around capitalizing on both of his unique skills, since nobody else can have Valflame or Recover Ring, and it makes for a very interesting supportive Red Mage all put together.

Also, for Arden: Would he or would he not be helped by Deflect Magic 3? I know Reinhardt or any similarly-powerful Blue Mage is still gonna roast him, but it seems like it would go a long way towards helping him not die instantly whenever he's so much as sneezed at by a caster.

Also, I know this is obscenely high-investment, but I'm contemplating something like Slaying Edge+, Aether, and Steady Breath for the respective skill slots. I know his base kit is geared towards a Brave+ build, but I'm interested in looking into something a little different for him, that capitalizes on and augments his tankiness.
To that end, I'm also considering Panic Ploy 3 as either his Sacred Seal or his C passive, since he definitely has the HP to get great mileage out of it.

Edited by Topaz Light

8 hours ago, Topaz Light said:

First! For Arvis:

• WEAPON: Valflame
  • SUPPORT: Ardent Sacrifice
  • SPECIAL: Iceberg
  • A: Fury 3
  • B: Recover Ring
  • C: Defense Ploy 3
  • SEAL: Resistance +3 or Squad Ace C 3

Good, or no? I wanted to center it around capitalizing on both of his unique skills, since nobody else can have Valflame or Recover Ring, and it makes for a very interesting supportive Red Mage all put together.

Also, for Arden: Would he or would he not be helped by Deflect Magic 3? I know Reinhardt or any similarly-powerful Blue Mage is still gonna roast him, but it seems like it would go a long way towards helping him not die instantly whenever he's so much as sneezed at by a caster.

Also, I know this is obscenely high-investment, but I'm contemplating something like Slaying Edge+, Aether, and Steady Breath for the respective skill slots. I know his base kit is geared towards a Brave+ build, but I'm interested in looking into something a little different for him, that capitalizes on and augments his tankiness.
To that end, I'm also considering Panic Ploy 3 as either his Sacred Seal or his C passive, since he definitely has the HP to get great mileage out of it.

That’s a great Arvis set, but I would suggest replacing Ardent Sacrifice with Reciprocal Aid for the greater burst healing, especially since you don’t have to wait for Recover Ring’s effect. I would also replace his seal with Distant Def for the added magical bulk.

Arden actually can survive some green and red mages up to +10 merge and max buffs with Magic Deflect due to his high HP, but only if he doesn’t run Distant Counter. However, this leaves him single digit HP and turns off Pursuit Ring, so I’d advise against using him that way.

Arden definitely can run an enemy phase build with the skills you suggested. He is currently the best user of Panic Ploy in the game, and with Summoner Support he gets even better. Sounds good if you’re planning on using him a lot. Just keep in mind that this does forgo his near-perfect player phase performance with Brave Sword and Ignis / Bonfire.

4 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

Does anyone in particular want her weapon or should I merge her to the one I already have?

Leo and Katarina for sure.

Celica might work with a blade if you don’t like Ragnarok.

Lilina and Sanaki might work if you don’t want to make them use a raven.

Is it worth it to send home a 5* if they have 0 SI options and I don't plan on using them ever? I got a -Atk M!Corrin and I have no use for him so should I leave him as a trophy in my barracks or send him home for feathers?

1 hour ago, Reloaded said:

Tharja broke my pity rate FeelsBadMan

Does anyone in particular want her weapon or should I merge her to the one I already have?

Like @Vaximillian wrote, Katarina and Leo want her tome. If you don't have the perfect candidate, you could wait for a future red mage Cav or flier. 

Flying mages have been on seasonal banners in the past and we can expect Halloween and/or Christmas banners. Since I don't have a decent Raourblade user, a flying red mage would be perfect. 

16 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Is it worth it to send home a 5* if they have 0 SI options and I don't plan on using them ever? I got a -Atk M!Corrin and I have no use for him so should I leave him as a trophy in my barracks or send him home for feathers?

You never know, perhaps he will be a bonus unit in future Fates themed Tempest Trials. I'm not an Fire emblem expert, but hasn't he been the protagonist in Fates? The TT boost would certainly patch up his -ATK. 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Raourblade

I'm not an Fire emblem expert, but hasn't he been the protagonist in Fates?

Rauðrblade.

Seliph was the protagonist in his half of his game, and still here we are.

Am I better off running a +RES -HP Eldigan or a +HP -SPD one? He doesn't have very much SPD or RES regardless, and I'm not going to be using him to tank mages at all, so +RES -HP doesn't really hurt him, but it doesn't help him either. He'd probably like having the extra HP way more since more often than not I'll be using him to tank things with a QR build. -SPD can be patched with Hone Cav. But regardless, he's probably going to be getting doubled by most things anyway.

Any thoughts on who I should promote to 5 stars or build? I feel like I don't really need anything right now, but hey I can always use more teams for arena assault or chain challenges. I've never really had problems deciding until now lol x.x I should probably just upgrade the Askr Trio honestly.

http://imgur.com/a/ELIJZ

I do got me an Ayra now though :D.

Edited by Sakuto

7 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Am I better off running a +RES -HP Eldigan or a +HP -SPD one? He doesn't have very much SPD or RES regardless, and I'm not going to be using him to tank mages at all, so +RES -HP doesn't really hurt him, but it doesn't help him either. He'd probably like having the extra HP way more since more often than not I'll be using him to tank things with a QR build. -SPD can be patched with Hone Cav. But regardless, he's probably going to be getting doubled by most things anyway.

Depends on what you need him to do.  For pure physical tanking, take -Spd.  For mixed tanking (as in, TA -raven tanking), -HP.

1 minute ago, Sakuto said:

Any thoughts on who I should promote to 5 stars or build? I feel like I don't really need anything right now, but hey I can always use more teams for arena assault or chain challenges. I've never really had problems deciding until now lol x.x I should probably just upgrade the Askr Trio honestly.

The Askr trio sounds good.  That way, you'll always have a bonus arena unit.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Rauðrblade.

Seliph was the protagonist in his half of his game, and still here we are.

Happens often to me, I can't keep certain skills and weapons in mind, like Reciprocal Aid. I always have to look them up. 

Perhaps they will make some bench swords bonus in the next Mini-TT? Seliph, Alfonse and Corrin would fit. 

3 hours ago, Sakuto said:

There are many options, you have a good team (no 5* healer pity breaker? Great). 

I don't know how you built your Takumi, but if you haven't done so, I would give your archer with the highest ATK at 5* a Brave bow+/Death Blow set. If you have the +ATK version, Leon could be your man. 

If you haven't done so, you could invest in some emblem teams. Like Hone/Fortify Cav on all Cavs. Fortify flyers on one or two fliers (like Elincia) to run beside Hinoka and S!Camilla. Gronnblade+ for Cecelia and S!Camilla. 

Soon there should be the Ursula GHB rerun, she is good with Blarblade+ in a horse team and you have only three 5* blue mages overall. 

If you have copies with good natures, Cordelia(+SPD/+ATK), Frederick (+ATK) and Cherche (+ATK) are worth investment. They can be made 4*+10, but Cordelia wants her 5* skills (Galeforce, Brave+). 

Otherwise, it's often handy to have the Askir trio at 5*, like @eclipse wrote. They can help as emergency bonus units for arena (and for Mini-TT as it seems) and they are part of missions like kill GHB-unit X with unit Y

Edited by mampfoid

34 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Does effects like Darting/Death Blow, Fury and/or support count for -blade weapons?

And which is better for -blade tome users, Fury or LaD?

No, also not Spurs. Only Hone-, Fortify- and Rally-skills (bonuses that are shown with a blue number in the units stats) boost the damage output of a blade tome. 

Usually blade tome mages should be as fast as possible. Therefore LaD would be better. Fury is cheaper and helps to get in Desperation range.