• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Bump.

What do you need him to do?

If you just need him to check BH!Lyn and Reinhardt, [+Atk, -Spd] is better. Other than that, stick with +Spd for everything else.

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I don't need anything specific, my own B!Lyn and Reinhardt are honestly good enough counters to themselves. But I've heard Inigo is a fantastic unit, so I was trying to build him for my main team's green-colored unit.

Just keep and build both. Merging him to +1 is not going to impact your score too much. He can run a Blade build with his +Spd to counter Gronnraven mages.

I run BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Olivia as my core Arena offense team. I would have used Azura since she gives a slightly better score, but I need Olivia to check Gronnraven mages.

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

1. Would a +atk,-hp Sophia, or a +atk-spd run a TA raven tome set better?

2. Which Halloween Henry is better? +atk,-def, +atk,-res,- or +atk-spd?

+atk -res is the best among these. he's got enough res to spare for attack
+atk-spd sohia since her speed is very low even without the bane

Edited by silveraura25

7 hours ago, Thienphu said:

Hey,

I got Happy Vampire Henry from the new banner. How should I build him? He is a +hp/-spd.

I would have built him as a regular Blade mage, but I am not sure with the -Spd. He can probably still work as a Blade mage if you give him a Hone Armor partner and Life and Death, but I do not think you should invest a Blade build on a unit with an unsuitable nature.

Maybe you can try turning him into an Enemy Phase nuke with [Gronnblade/Gronnraven, Moonbow, Fury/Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte] along with a Fortify Armor partner. Gronnraven-Triangle Adept should allow him to counter both Reinhardt and BH!Lyn, but he is slow movement wise, so I am not sure if he can protect his teammates too well if you need him to immediately block a choke point or something if no armor unit is nearby. If you have spare Takumis, you can also try Close Counter on him.

5 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

i got a atk boon and spd bane h!sakura as well as another one with spd boon and atk bane. which do i keep?

I would go with [+Atk, -Spd], as the -Spd can be somewhat remedied as an Enemy Phase unit with Quick Riposte. [+Spd, -Atk] is not bad either; you might be able to use her as a Player Phase unit since (29+8)*1.5 still translates into 55 Attack, but I do not think she can safely take on Raven mages with a Player Phase build.

4 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

2. Which Halloween Henry is better? +atk,-def, +atk,-res,- or +atk-spd?

It depends on what you need him to do. I would go with [+Atk, -Def/Res] and give him a Blade build since I prefer Player Phase units. As an armor unit, he has decent bulk, so you can use the -Spd one as a Raven mage to counter Reinhardt and BH!Lyn, although I am not sure if it would work too well due to his low movement.

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Who is a good Wo Dao user? I’ve pulled 2 4* Athena and I really don’t know what to inherit from her (Wo Dao, Moonbow for non-sword users, or even upgrading her to 5* for her A-slot)

Fast Player Phase sword units would be good with Wo Dao, but I would rather give them Brave Sword instead since Brave Sword is cheaper and usually a bit more effective. The next best users are bulky sword users with decent Speed like Saber and Gray, so they can function decently on both Player and Enemy Phase using Fury, although their Player Phase performance would pale in comparison to a Brave Sword build.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Who is a good Wo Dao user? I’ve pulled 2 4* Athena and I really don’t know what to inherit from her (Wo Dao, Moonbow for non-sword users, or even upgrading her to 5* for her A-slot)

Hana is pretty good in terms of sheer win count. Wo Dao+/Moonbow/LaD3/Swordbreaker 3 with +SPD/-RES actually edges out Brave Sword+ by a few wins, versus both the vanilla cast (145/21/16 wins/losses/draws with Wo Dao+, as opposed to 143/26/13 with Brave) and with Fury 3 as an override (133/27/22 with Wo Dao, 130/32/20 with Brave). Do note that I haven't checked who those wins are though. They could be totally irrelevant people like Lon'qu for all I know. I also haven't checked if adding on seals will change this.

I tried a build of Wo Dao+/Moonbow/Fury 3/Swordbreaker 3 on Olivia, Palla, Selena, Seth and regular Roy which wasn't nearly as high as Hana in terms of win count, but was relatively resilient and only clocked in between 8-10 losses on enemy phase, mostly to units they'd have no business trying to tank (Reinhardt, Cordelia, archers vs. Palla, anti-horse weapons vs. Seth, etc.). Overall, Palla and Seth performed the best, but you can make a case for Wo Dao Olivia since she doesn't have many other builds to run and the Wo Dao gives her a much better enemy phase vs. blues compared to the Ruby Sword.

And as a final note: Athena herself is actually pretty damn good with the Wo Dao+. With +ATK/-RES and an identical build to Hana's above, she nets 2 extra wins compared to Hana (147/14/21). So if you have the perfect IV Athena you can just use her out of the box.

(Disclaimer: I checked all this because I have a spare 5* Athena and a spare 5* Karel sitting on the bench and have no idea what to do with them. I honestly think 4* Athena's best use is as Moonbow fodder LOL, especially because all these Wo Dao builds are really IV-dependent.)

When can we most expect a new banner, the 6th (TT banner ends) or the 8th (Hinoka banner ends)? I remember that the month's main banner usually pops up ~15th but I can't remember ever only having a single banner live.

Thanks!

Edit: I guess we're getting another skill banner on the 8th, then? I could have sworn the "main" banner is always first, but I haven't really paid attention to it before.

Edited by DefyingFates

Got Arden's 5* form. I'd hate to ask, but he has a Brave Sword+, and usually I prefer starting to train the unit at 4* if I have to choose... should I keep both Arden intact or am I allowed to sacrifice the 5* Arden for someone who wants a Brave Sword, specifically my Hana?

I have to wonder why it took so long for someone with a weapon desirable for inheritance to appear... I suppose Clive COULD count... in some weird way...

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Got Arden's 5* form. I'd hate to ask, but he has a Brave Sword+, and usually I prefer starting to train the unit at 4* if I have to choose... should I keep both Arden intact or am I allowed to sacrifice the 5* Arden for someone who wants a Brave Sword, specifically my Hana?

There are other sources of Brave Sword, especially Ogma who can break your pity rate.

I wouldn’t use Arden for inheritance since he is a limited unit, but on the rare occasion that somebody does, it’s for his Drive Def 2, not Brave Sword. 5* Roderick is the only other source of that skill and it’s great for arena scoring alongside Drive Spd 2 from 4* Tailtiu.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

There are other sources of Brave Sword, especially Ogma who can break your pity rate.

I wouldn’t use Arden for inheritance since he is a limited unit, but on the rare occasion that somebody does, it’s for his Drive Def 2, not Brave Sword. 5* Roderick is the only other source of that skill and it’s great for arena scoring alongside Drive Spd 2 from 4* Tailtiu.

...the last time I got a unit who gave one of those desirable skills who also happened to break my Pity Rate, it was Tharja. The last time a Brave Sword user broke my pity rate was when I got a Cain MONTHS AND MONTHS ago...

All I can say in response... what's it like having your pity rate broken by Skill Inheritance fodder? Sounds nice...

11 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Well, I think you should save her for Wo Dao inheritance, since Moonbow fodder is pretty common, but Wo Daos are not. One thing to note about the Wo Dao is that it can make some of the less useful fast swordies more useful. I like Fir, so I gave her a Wo Dao+, and now she's perfectly usable. In fact, my main Tempest team has been Fir, Deirdre, Brave Lucina, and a healer, and they easily clear everything with full marks most of the time.

So Fir definitely likes the Wo Dao, and Caeda would too. It's useful on low-tier fast swordies, if you want to use them.

Also, no one said Ogma yet, but he would do well with a Wo Dao+ as well.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Lol, speaking of which, I just got a pity breaker Ogma on the Halloween banner! The pity percent was only 3.25 though, and the Ogma has a great nature (+Atk/-Res). That's actually pretty nice, I'll be keeping him.

Anyone have any good ideas for how to build a 5* Arthur? I've hit the point where I don't care too much about wasting the feathers on a bad unit just because I like him, but I can't think of any good ways to make him at least sort of useful. I have like three other units who annihilate lances so I'm trying to come up with any other niche he could fill.

Right now the only decent one I have is +Atk -Def, but I'm willing to wait til I get the perfect one. I'm sure I'll pick up a few more before I land Halloween Henry anyway.

1 hour ago, Blanche Jacquestopus said:

Anyone have any good ideas for how to build a 5* Arthur? I've hit the point where I don't care too much about wasting the feathers on a bad unit just because I like him, but I can't think of any good ways to make him at least sort of useful. I have like three other units who annihilate lances so I'm trying to come up with any other niche he could fill.

Right now the only decent one I have is +Atk -Def, but I'm willing to wait til I get the perfect one. I'm sure I'll pick up a few more before I land Halloween Henry anyway.

Slap Fury on him. Maybe Fury and Renewal? Although Lancebreaker is good in denying faster Lancers- maybe Axebreaker if you don't want Renewal?

He has good HP, maybe give him Panic Ploy? (especially if going with Renewal).

Death Blow also works as an A skill if you don't like Fury. Definitely give him Bonfire though.

-------

So here's a question- so you know how we've been getting Sacred Seals versions of rare skills like Guidance? Which skills should we stop sacrificing units for (ex. Guidance).

So far I can think of Tana's Guidance, Brave Lyn's Attack Smoke, Luke's Panic Ploy and Bartre's Brash Assault.

I'm guessing Distant Defense because of Celica's rarity as well? Do they stack with the SS version? This affects if I should sacrifice a -Atk Celica or just build and merge her anyway

Any other seals?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

I'm guessing Distant Defense because of Celica's rarity as well? Do they stack with the SS version?

They do stack indeed. Everything that doesn’t result in blue numbers stacks.

19 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

In terms of SP cost, if a unit has a skill locked behind a higher variety obtains said skill via skill inheritance then does the SP cost stay the same or will the unit have to pay the markup cost?

I’m leaning to same. I inherited Desperation 3 on then-yet-4★ Navarre, and the cost didn’t rise.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

So here's a question- so you know how we've been getting Sacred Seals versions of rare skills like Guidance? Which skills should we stop sacrificing units for (ex. Guidance).

So far I can think of Tana's Guidance, Brave Lyn's Attack Smoke, Luke's Panic Ploy and Bartre's Brash Assault.

I'm guessing Distant Defense because of Celica's rarity as well? Do they stack with the SS version? This affects if I should sacrifice a -Atk Celica or just build and merge her anyway

Any other seals?

I am assuming they will release Close Defense as a Sacred Seal in the future since they have Distant Defense as a Sacred Seal already, so I think it would be a good idea to at least hold onto spare Sigurds for a month or two before sacrificing him.

20k feather time again.

Here are the options I have laid out tonight:

For the Unit

Spoiler

Olivia (+Spd -HP): As she is now she isn't worth many points in the arena. Promoting her will let me get the Silver Sword+ on her and get more points from her. Still needs Fury.

Hana (+Spd -HP): She still needs a Brave Sword, Desperation, a C skill, and a Special, but she has made it this far just slaughtering Hectors when I need her to, and plus she is a bonus unit starting today, so there's that to.

Tiki (Adult): Still don't have many Red Magic units, and Tiki would fit into some weird all-TA3 dragon team. Still needs an A skill (Fury or TA3), Quick Riposte 3, and an Assist.

Lilina (+Att -Spd): Look she'll be good I swear. Still needs a B skill (Bowbreaker apparently gives her the most wins?) and an Assist.

Sophia (+Att -HP): Still needs a B skill (Probably Swordbreaker or R Tomebreaker), an Assist, and probably a different Special.

Tharja (+Spd -Def): Needs Fury 3/Life and Death 3, Desperation, an Assist, and a Special.

Clive: Still needs Distant Counter, a C skill, and a Special. His current load is Sapphire Lance+, Quick Riposte 3, and Swap.

Cecilia (+Att -Def): Might be a better promotion option over Sophia but whatever. Still needs a B skill if Escape Route isn't used and a C skill.

Leon (+Att -Spd): Still needs Brave Bow+, a C skill, and an Assist. Might replace Ignis, probably won't.

Marth (+Spd -HP): To replace my current Neutral Marth, pretty much needs a complete skill overhaul.

Chrom (+Att -Spd): Needs Brave Sword, Death Blow, a B skill, and an Assist.

Arden: not sure what I'd need to give him.

Titania: Needs Distant Counter, a C skill, a different Assist, and a Special.

Camus: Needs to be built from the ground up.

For the Skill Inheritance

Spoiler

Draug: Brave Sword+ For Hana and Chrom. I do have 5* Arden from TT, but I'll have to wait and see if Drive Defense 2 ever loses rarity before doing anything stupid.

Hana: Life and Death 3 for Tharja if that route is chosen. Also possible to inherit for Cordelia (+Att -Res), maybe Olwen (+HP -Def) to make her half decent, maybe Brave Lyn.

Subaki: Quick Riposte for Ike (+Att -Res), Black Knight, Xander, Fae (+Att -HP), Tiki (Adult), maybe Sophia?

Gordin: Brave Bow+ for Leon or Brave Lyn, Leon is more prepared however.