"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

@XRay Not a new thing, but in the Katekyo Hitman Reborn fandom, "!" is used when discussing a character and a future version of said character (ex. Chrome and then TYL!Chrome, with TYL meaning 10 years later)

Of course, in the Fire Emblem fandom context, future Chrom is dead :P

but yeah interesting to hear the actual origin in other fandoms

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah... feels good to have a decent counter to Reinhardt and Brave Lyn...

...I probably won't be able to act on the answer to my question immediately, but I honest to god don't know who I should focus on promoting next.

For the Unit:

Spoiler

Olivia (+Spd -HP): 5* Rarity would be worth more, lets me get Silver Sword. Yes I know Ruby Sword+ would be better.

Hana (+Spd -HP): Needs Brave Sword+, Special, Desperation, and C slot. No longer considering TT 5* Arden as Brave Sword+ fodder.

Eliwood (+Atk -HP): To merge my current +HP -Spd Eliwood into for better performance. Needs Death Blow 3 and C skill.

Camus: Needs full skill overhaul.

Clive: Needs Distant Counter and C skill.

Lilina (+Atk -Spd): Needs Weaponbreaker and Assist.

Sophia (+Atk -HP): Needs B Skill (considering Quick Riposte 3) and different Special.

Tharja (+Spd -Def): Needs LnD3, Desperation, C skill, Assist, and Moonbow.

Adult Tiki (+Atk -Spd): Needs Quick Riposte 3, C skill, and Assist.

Marth (+Spd- HP): To merge into my current Neutral Marth. Needs Fury 3, B skill, Assist, and Special.

For Skill Inheritance:

Spoiler

Quick Riposte 3 (Subaki): Multiple units need this skill, including Fae, Ike, Black Knight, Adult Tiki, maybe Camus, and Xander.

Brave Sword+ (Draug): Hana needs it most, though I do have a Chrom (+Atk -Res) who could use it to.

Ruby Sword+ (Seth): I could give it to Olivia, but as she is now I don't consider the investment necessary right now. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise.

By the way, I also have all these other 5* units I don't know what to do with...

Spoiler

Corrin (+Def -Atk, I do have +Spd -Def at 4*)

Eldigan (+Spd -Atk)

Nephenee (+Atk -HP, +Atk -Def x2)

Mathilda (Neutral)

Oscar (+Atk -Spd, +Spd -Atk, +Def -Atk)

Peri (+Spd -Atk, same nature as my current Peri)

Genny (some nature I don't feel like checking)

If you can think of something that I could do with them, that'd be awesome because I've been drawing blanks for weeks now.

23 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Ah... feels good to have a decent counter to Reinhardt and Brave Lyn...

...I probably won't be able to act on the answer to my question immediately, but I honest to god don't know who I should focus on promoting next.

For the Unit:

Reveal hidden contents

Olivia (+Spd -HP): 5* Rarity would be worth more, lets me get Silver Sword. Yes I know Ruby Sword+ would be better.

Hana (+Spd -HP): Needs Brave Sword+, Special, Desperation, and C slot. No longer considering TT 5* Arden as Brave Sword+ fodder.

Eliwood (+Atk -HP): To merge my current +HP -Spd Eliwood into for better performance. Needs Death Blow 3 and C skill.

Camus: Needs full skill overhaul.

Clive: Needs Distant Counter and C skill.

Lilina (+Atk -Spd): Needs Weaponbreaker and Assist.

Sophia (+Atk -HP): Needs B Skill (considering Quick Riposte 3) and different Special.

Tharja (+Spd -Def): Needs LnD3, Desperation, C skill, Assist, and Moonbow.

Adult Tiki (+Atk -Spd): Needs Quick Riposte 3, C skill, and Assist.

Marth (+Spd- HP): To merge into my current Neutral Marth. Needs Fury 3, B skill, Assist, and Special.

For Skill Inheritance:

Reveal hidden contents

Quick Riposte 3 (Subaki): Multiple units need this skill, including Fae, Ike, Black Knight, Adult Tiki, maybe Camus, and Xander.

Brave Sword+ (Draug): Hana needs it most, though I do have a Chrom (+Atk -Res) who could use it to.

Ruby Sword+ (Seth): I could give it to Olivia, but as she is now I don't consider the investment necessary right now. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise.

By the way, I also have all these other 5* units I don't know what to do with...

Reveal hidden contents

Corrin (+Def -Atk, I do have +Spd -Def at 4*)

Eldigan (+Spd -Atk)

Nephenee (+Atk -HP, +Atk -Def x2)

Mathilda (Neutral)

Oscar (+Atk -Spd, +Spd -Atk, +Def -Atk)

Peri (+Spd -Atk, same nature as my current Peri)

Genny (some nature I don't feel like checking)

If you can think of something that I could do with them, that'd be awesome because I've been drawing blanks for weeks now.

Mathilda's nice in that she a very meta counter that doesn't need much to function. Her job: Kill horses, all of them. TA-3 Cecilia dies for the obvious reason that Mathilda has CA, and effective + good speed to double everyone means that every horse she walks up to simply explodes.

She is, however, very much an Arena Assault unit rather than a regular arena unit, because melee units are second tier citizens in this game, even if they're on a horse, meaning she kind of relies on the gravity item (1 move for everyone), the panic item (panic everyone), and maybe the dance item, to, well, to not die because she had to run up and stab someone.

Honestly you can just level a good one to 40 and not bother putting any extra skills on her and she'll do fine when needed, as a mage off-tank and horse killer. (She doesn't quite have enough res to tank Rein, and AA units aren't priority in terms of receiving deflection seals, so she's not very reliable in the off-tank role. All meta horses barring Camus simply explodes to her, though, and you can ignore Camus if you have enough merges, since only +1 merge for him.)

Regarding Oscar, 33 Atk is very high, and 36/31 offenses are more than passable for a brave lance build. In fact, because his spd is dumpstered anyway, you can go ahead and go the budget route of Atk 3 or DB 2/3 rather than L&D 3, and pretend he's a worse Frederick. Again mostly an AA unit, though, and I probably wouldn't invest a brave lance+ into him, just a regular lance so he can stab things with a horses's 3 movement. Maybe give him hit and run or drag back so running the hell away is easier, anything else is just whatever you want. (I'd stuff all horses full of Hone or Fort cavalry if resources allow. If Goad wasn't 5* Reinhardt and 4* Camus only I'd advocate those on melees, but, yeah, Goad Cav is one hell of a premium skill.)

Personally I send my Peris to the glue factory, because, IRRC, she has nothing good other than her BST spread, and even that's sub-optimal. (Melees want to be Lucina, not Hana. Physical bulk matters, magical bulk isn't a real thing.) Do keep checking for a good +Atk/+Spd that isn't -Atk or -Spd, though. She's still quite nice as a offensive lance user, it's just that a lot of other offensive lances can do things other than walk up to things and kill them. (Just going to tactfully ignore the fact that Reinhardt's existence means that no other blue cavalry will be on a main team ever. He even does counter-kill builds better than everyone else because CC -blade exists.)

Neph has a very nice spread, basically the kind of high Atk, high bulk, spread Selena wishes she had, problem is that she's even worse off than Oscar and Peri because she doesn't even have a horse. I'd use the +Atk/-Hp version, because hp seal is a low priority now that we can level 3 stat seals, meaning it's 5 hp vs. 3 Atk or w/e rather than 3 hp vs. 1 Atk or w/e. Her default set is good enough that you can just run that and be happy, but, if you want to, you can try a memy Noontime/Sol build that gives her sustain and nice damage(Aether/Noontime/Sol still get the +10 bonus damage from Wrath, and the special charge at start of turn).

If you don't already have a Camus promoted, then you should go ahead and promote him, because he's the one and only blue unit that Reinhardt actually needs to try to obsolete. (Since Rein needs to eat an Odin and a Takumi to get 1-2 range obliteration). L&D 2 is more than fine on a budget, assuming you have spare Hanas to feather to 4*. (I have like 20 for some reason, so I just plop L&D 2 on everyone that has nothing better.)

Corrin has the second worst unit type in the game in dragon, which only beats melee armor in terms of being bad, so I wouldn't raise her unless you actually liked her. (I do like her spread, though, being the only fast dragon out there). If you're talking about M!Corrin, he's another infantry sword in a sea of infantry swords, and infantry sword is a third class citizen in this game anyway.

The only melee units that are worth a damn are dancers, and that's because they're overpowered for the same reason horses are overpowered. Dancers don't just trade their turn for another unit's turn, they trade their action turn (they don't lose their movement turn) for the movement turn and action turn of another unit---it's like getting +x move for free, where x is the unit you're dancing's move range.

I'd honestly just fodder that Eldigan if I were you, Fury 3's real nice. If you liked him, though, then 29/28, while horrendous from a offensive perspective, at least puts him possibly out of range for being doubled sometimes, assuming he always has horse buffs on him. Nice, tanky unit, but that IV is cry worthy. Problem is that Eldigan doesn't need his spd at all, and he likes having his Atk stat---the whole point of having a Prf killer weapon is to have a good Atk stat, which his IV utterly ruins. Just run Xander---you can give Xander a killer sword or something if you really wanted a -Atk Eldigan.

Genny is a healer, and therefore does healer things. Wrathful staff gives nice utility as a magical chipper, but it's a lot cheaper to spend a skill slot for renewal than a unit slot for a healer. Doesn't really matter what you do to her, to be honest. (I'd keep her as is, no need to give her wrathful staff away when she uses it about as well as everyone else, anyway.) Mind, healers are nice things to have, but the problem is that they're never necessary things to have. You always want a healer, but you never need a healer, meaning, yeah, if you liked one you can just slot one into any team and it'll work alright, but none of them are priority outside of personal bias.

@OutCastye What other 5* units do you have? Do you like Sanaki in particular? Sanaki by herself does pretty well even with -Atk since she comes with Triangle Adept to offset the loss of damage by default. A more optimized build would run Raudhrblade, and fortunately that tome is perfect for offsetting her Atk as well as letting you run a more flexible A passive instead of Triangle Adept.

Edited by MrSmokestack

12 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Mathilda's nice in that she a very meta counter that doesn't need much to function. Her job: Kill horses, all of them. TA-3 Cecilia dies for the obvious reason that Mathilda has CA, and effective + good speed to double everyone means that every horse she walks up to simply explodes.

She is, however, very much an Arena Assault unit rather than a regular arena unit, because melee units are second tier citizens in this game, even if they're on a horse, meaning she kind of relies on the gravity item (1 move for everyone), the panic item (panic everyone), and maybe the dance item, to, well, to not die because she had to run up and stab someone.

Honestly you can just level a good one to 40 and not bother putting any extra skills on her and she'll do fine when needed, as a mage off-tank and horse killer. (She doesn't quite have enough res to tank Rein, and AA units aren't priority in terms of receiving deflection seals, so she's not very reliable in the off-tank role. All meta horses barring Camus simply explodes to her, though, and you can ignore Camus if you have enough merges, since only +1 merge for him.)

Regarding Oscar, 33 Atk is very high, and 36/31 offenses are more than passable for a brave lance build. In fact, because his spd is dumpstered anyway, you can go ahead and go the budget route of Atk 3 or DB 2/3 rather than L&D 3, and pretend he's a worse Frederick. Again mostly an AA unit, though, and I probably wouldn't invest a brave lance+ into him, just a regular lance so he can stab things with a horses's 3 movement. Maybe give him hit and run or drag back so running the hell away is easier, anything else is just whatever you want. (I'd stuff all horses full of Hone or Fort cavalry if resources allow. If Goad wasn't 5* Reinhardt and 4* Camus only I'd advocate those on melees, but, yeah, Goad Cav is one hell of a premium skill.)

Personally I send my Peris to the glue factory, because, IRRC, she has nothing good other than her BST spread, and even that's sub-optimal. (Melees want to be Lucina, not Hana. Physical bulk matters, magical bulk isn't a real thing.) Do keep checking for a good +Atk/+Spd that isn't -Atk or -Spd, though. She's still quite nice as a offensive lance user, it's just that a lot of other offensive lances can do things other than walk up to things and kill them. (Just going to tactfully ignore the fact that Reinhardt's existence means that no other blue cavalry will be on a main team ever. He even does counter-kill builds better than everyone else because CC -blade exists.)

Neph has a very nice spread, basically the kind of high Atk, high bulk, spread Selena wishes she had, problem is that she's even worse off than Oscar and Peri because she doesn't even have a horse. I'd use the +Atk/-Hp version, because hp seal is a low priority now that we can level 3 stat seals, meaning it's 5 hp vs. 3 Atk or w/e rather than 3 hp vs. 1 Atk or w/e. Her default set is good enough that you can just run that and be happy, but, if you want to, you can try a memy Noontime/Sol build that gives her sustain and nice damage(Aether/Noontime/Sol still get the +10 bonus damage from Wrath, and the special charge at start of turn).

If you don't already have a Camus promoted, then you should go ahead and promote him, because he's the one and only blue unit that Reinhardt actually needs to try to obsolete. (Since Rein needs to eat an Odin and a Takumi to get 1-2 range obliteration). L&D 2 is more than fine on a budget, assuming you have spare Hanas to feather to 4*. (I have like 20 for some reason, so I just plop L&D 2 on everyone that has nothing better.)

Corrin has the second worst unit type in the game in dragon, which only beats melee armor in terms of being bad, so I wouldn't raise her unless you actually liked her. (I do like her spread, though, being the only fast dragon out there). If you're talking about M!Corrin, he's another infantry sword in a sea of infantry swords, and infantry sword is a third class citizen in this game anyway.

The only melee units that are worth a damn are dancers, and that's because they're overpowered for the same reason horses are overpowered. Dancers don't just trade their turn for another unit's turn, they trade their action turn (they don't lose their movement turn) for the movement turn and action turn of another unit---it's like getting +x move for free, where x is the unit you're dancing's move range.

I'd honestly just fodder that Eldigan if I were you, Fury 3's real nice. If you liked him, though, then 29/28, while horrendous from a offensive perspective, at least puts him possibly out of range for being doubled sometimes, assuming he always has horse buffs on him. Nice, tanky unit, but that IV is cry worthy. Problem is that Eldigan doesn't need his spd at all, and he likes having his Atk stat---the whole point of having a Prf killer weapon is to have a good Atk stat, which his IV utterly ruins. Just run Xander---you can give Xander a killer sword or something if you really wanted a -Atk Eldigan.

Genny is a healer, and therefore does healer things. Wrathful staff gives nice utility as a magical chipper, but it's a lot cheaper to spend a skill slot for renewal than a unit slot for a healer. Doesn't really matter what you do to her, to be honest. (I'd keep her as is, no need to give her wrathful staff away when she uses it about as well as everyone else, anyway.) Mind, healers are nice things to have, but the problem is that they're never necessary things to have. You always want a healer, but you never need a healer, meaning, yeah, if you liked one you can just slot one into any team and it'll work alright, but none of them are priority outside of personal bias.

Maaaaybe I should have mentioned a few things...

I am talking about Male Corrin (the one who is availale at 5* by default)

I already have Nephenee and Genny trained up (+Spd -HP on Neph, +Def -Spd)

Though everything else checks out. I'll have to think about it more though, since I most certainly have at least two weeks to think about what I wanna do...

1 minute ago, Galaco said:

Whats a good unit to use the Wao Dao +?

Many swords would want to have a wo dao instead of their default weapon. Selena, Caeda, sometimes Palla, also Olivia if you’re into memes, Navarre etc.

Hi hey I don't know how to do fancy calculations. If I wanted to keep F!Robin on her Gronnwolf+ tome, will she survive Reinhardt and/or Brave Lyn on enemy phase with their standard Death Blow/Swift Sparrow? I'd like to know if B TomeBreaker or BowBreaker would be the better B skill, and whether Fury or Distant Def seal makes a difference on whether she survives.

Edited by Glennstavos

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Hi hey I don't know how to do fancy calculations. If I wanted to keep F!Robin on her Gronnwolf+ tome, will she survive Reinhardt and/or Brave Lyn on enemy phase with their standard Death Blow/Swift Sparrow? I'd like to know if B TomeBreaker or BowBreaker would be the better B skill, and whether Fury or Distant Def seal makes a difference on whether she survives.

You can use Kagero Chart's calculator or arcticsilverfox's calculator. If you are dueling specific characters, Kagero Chart's calculator is better since you can switch to different characters quickly, while arcticsilverfox's calculator is better if you are just planning out builds since everything is just on one page.

F!Robin 5*+0 with [Gronnraven, Moonbow, Triangle Adept, and Quick Riposte] is able to handle Reinhardt 5*+10 [+Atk, -Def, Dire Thunder, Moonbow, Death Blow, Quickened Pulse, 6/6/0/0] and BH!Lyn 5*+10 [+Atk, -Def, Brave Bow/Mulagir, Luna/Moonbow, Sacae's Blessing, 6/6/0/0]

F!Robin [Gronnwolf, Moonbow, Fury, Bowbreaker, Distant Def] will die to the previous Reinhardt unless Reinhardt is merge+3 or lower. F!Robin can survive both previous BH!Lyns.

F!Robin [Gronnwolf, Moonbow, Fury, B Tomebreaker, Distant Def] will die to the previous Reinhardt unless Reinhardt is merge+3 or lower. F!Robin can survive Brave Bow BH!Lyn, but not Mulagir BH!Lyn.

41 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Does Wo Dao and Wrath stack? I'd assume so but I lack Wrath fodder to know.

Unless a skill specifies that it does not stack, all skills stack.

The only skills that do not stack and do not specify that are buffs that turn your stats blue, like Rally Atk, Hone Cavalry, and Defiant Atk.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

You can use Kagero Chart's calculator or arcticsilverfox's calculator. If you are dueling specific characters, Kagero Chart's calculator is better since you can switch to different characters quickly, while arcticsilverfox's calculator is better if you are just planning out builds since everything is just on one page.

F!Robin 5*+0 with [Gronnraven, Moonbow, Triangle Adept, and Quick Riposte] is able to handle Reinhardt 5*+10 [+Atk, -Def, Dire Thunder, Moonbow, Death Blow, Quickened Pulse, 6/6/0/0] and BH!Lyn 5*+10 [+Atk, -Def, Brave Bow/Mulagir, Luna/Moonbow, Sacae's Blessing, 6/6/0/0]

F!Robin [Gronnwolf, Moonbow, Fury, Bowbreaker, Distant Def] will die to the previous Reinhardt unless Reinhardt is merge+3 or lower. F!Robin can survive both previous BH!Lyns.

F!Robin [Gronnwolf, Moonbow, Fury, B Tomebreaker, Distant Def] will die to the previous Reinhardt unless Reinhardt is merge+3 or lower. F!Robin can survive Brave Bow BH!Lyn, but not Mulagir BH!Lyn.

Ooh cool, looks like Gronnwolf can be pretty good after all. Thanks for the links, that's a neat resource.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Ooh cool, looks like Gronnwolf can be pretty good after all. Thanks for the links, that's a neat resource.

Gronnwolf is okay if you do not face highly merged Reinhardts. If F!Robin regularly sees highly merged Reinhardts, she needs Triangle Adept or multiple merges to tank him.

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Can you gain more of the daily free units if you've already gotten them? Or is it that you can only get them if you don't have those units of that rarity?

You can only get them twice ever: one 1★ and one 2★. If you already completed both maps, you can’t re-complete the maps for additional units.

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Can you gain more of the daily free units if you've already gotten them? Or is it that you can only get them if you don't have those units of that rarity?

If by Daily Units you mean Hero Battle units (Stahl, Olivia, Gunter, Virion, Sophia, etc.), then they are all one-time obtain only.

...oh that reminds me, @mampfoid, I did send home the two Hero Battle Gunters, so looks like I'll be cavalry buff-less for a while longer while I keep trying to get ToD Nowi.

24 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

If by Daily Units you mean Hero Battle units (Stahl, Olivia, Gunter, Virion, Sophia, etc.), then they are all one-time obtain only.

...oh that reminds me, @mampfoid, I did send home the two Hero Battle Gunters, so looks like I'll be cavalry buff-less for a while longer while I keep trying to get ToD Nowi.

Ouch too bad, but he'll come back. 

First thing what I did with the daily heroes was to merge 1* and 2* Celica ... Just to try out how merging works. Now I don't have enough copies of her. 

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

First thing what I did with the daily heroes was to merge 1* and 2* Celica ... Just to try out how merging works. Now I don't have enough copies of her. 

Cecilia.

It’s not hard to tell them apart: one has great thighs, and the other has great thighs. One is a mage, and the other is a mage. One is an elegant lady, and the other is an elegant lady.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Cecilia.

It’s not hard to tell them apart: one has great thighs, and the other has great thighs. One is a mage, and the other is a mage. One is an elegant lady, and the other is an elegany lady.

...huh.

This game has a lot of thighs, doesn't it?

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Cecilia.

It’s not hard to tell them apart: one has great thighs, and the other has great thighs. One is a mage, and the other is a mage. One is an elegant lady, and the other is an elegant lady.

Sadly my Android keyboard can't tell apart green and red mages. 

What B skill should I give a +Spd/-Def H!Nowi? I wanna give her Rauđblade +, L&D3 and Desperation but I don't have any Tharjas or Shannas right now, so I'm just running her default A skill. Escape Rute seems like a good choice, but I also lack Cecilias and I don't really know what I could give her instead.

Also, do you think that Brave Lance+, Luna, L&D3 and Desperation is a good build for a +Spd/-Hp Cordelia?