"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

If I can't give Arden Death Blow 3, would he benefit from running Sturdy Blow 2 instead? I feel like he might, since it would add a little damage to Ignis (which I'm in the process of giving him) on top of boosting his ATK, and I don't have anyone I'd be willing to burn for DB3 (I have 2 Athenas tho, so one can be used as SB2 fodder), but I dunno if there might be a better option I'm missing.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, TearingShadows said:

I decided to make an alt and after getting an amazing roll with +atk Klein, Seliph, and julia would it be better to go with lucina instead of lyn?

Lucina is overall better than Lyn as an infantry sword, yes.

Lyn works best when you can set up her Desperation setup via Sol Katti; Wrath and Brash Assault (including on a seal) complement this build very well.

1 minute ago, TearingShadows said:

Awkward, I meant their cyl forms. The event is permanent so new accounts get to choose as well.

Argh, I should have remembered that. Lyn is a versatile archer that can operate both in and out cavalry teams. Lucina is more of a support for your other fighters, but can fight well when necessary.

I’d still choose Lyn (again) because she’s the only cavalry archer we have now, and it saves you the pain of wasing through grey hell. You can also give her Klein’s brave bow for maximum scum if you wish so.

On my hunt for Nowi I pulled my first two Eirikas, both 4*. She is low on my priority, but perhaps I'll promote her one day. Which one should I keep, which one should I use as Hone SPD fodder? 

+SPD/-HP or +ATK/-RES? 

Both natures seem good, the +SPD one is already at level 40 but without SI. 

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

On my hunt for Nowi I pulled my first two Eirikas, both 4*. She is low on my priority, but perhaps I'll promote her one day. Which one should I keep, which one should I use as Hone SPD fodder? 

+SPD/-HP or +ATK/-RES? 

Both natures seem good, the +SPD one is already at level 40 but without SI. 

My own Eirika is +Spd -HP, so I can vouch for how good 41 speed (after Fury 3) is on her. She gets doubled by just about nothing and can double most of the other units in the game.

Of course she isn't a duelist, but she can take a solid hit with 39/29/31 bulk (after Fury 3). I might even say give her Escape Route 3 so after she takes her hit, she can teleport to whoever she needs to and position them however they need positioning, though I just run her default Drag Back. And I don't need to explain her C slot and SS.

...now that I think about it, BECAUSE she isn't exactly a duelist, she might actually not want +Atk as much as other units, as the lower your speed the more Cav/Flier Emblem units that can double you. Besides that, despite +Atk giving a higher bonus than other natures, it is balanced by -Res giving a larger penalty... you know, if you care about Arena Scores.

Edited by Xenomata

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

My own Eirika is +Spd -HP, so I can vouch for how good 41 speed (after Fury 3) is on her. She gets doubled by just about nothing and can double most of the other units in the game.

Of course she isn't a duelist, but she can take a solid hit with 39/29/31 bulk (after Fury 3). I might even say give her Escape Route 3 so after she takes her hit, she can teleport to whoever she needs to and position them however they need positioning, though I just run her default Drag Back. And I don't need to explain her C slot and SS.

Thank you, so I can keep the +SPD one. I wasn't sure for her bane, but I guess SPD is more important. Like you wrote, she won't see much offense, but buff Delthea or Nino.

Escape Route sounds good, but my Fury fodder is low currently, what do you think of Fortress DEF? I could also sacrifice a Roderick for Rally DEF/RES to her. 

@Xenomata Ooh those are interesting thoughts.

My 4 star Eirikia is +Spd/-Def but I guess the increased speed offsets the lowered Defense. Another Eirika is +HP/-Atk although it probably pales in comparison to a Speed boost.

@mampfoid Definitely give her the Rally. Unless you like being annoying with Reposition, because that works too and gets annoying in Defense teams.

20 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Thank you, so I can keep the +SPD one. I wasn't sure for her bane, but I guess SPD is more important. Like you wrote, she won't see much offense, but buff Delthea or Nino.

Escape Route sounds good, but my Fury fodder is low currently, what do you think of Fortress DEF? I could also sacrifice a Roderick for Rally DEF/RES to her. 

39/31/29 defense sounds decent in theory, but it does mean she goes down to 38 speed, which don't get me wrong is still good, but most bladetome users will laugh at such speed.

Rally Def/Res would be good if you don't have Fortify Def or Fort Res at 2 or higher (one of the two are usually put on Eirika), but since the prereq skill is Rally Defense anyways, go for it.

19 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

39/31/29 defense sounds decent in theory, but it does mean she goes down to 38 speed, which don't get me wrong is still good, but most bladetome users will laugh at such speed.

Rally Def/Res would be good if you don't have Fortify Def or Fort Res at 2 or higher (one of the two are usually put on Eirika), but since the prereq skill is Rally Defense anyways, go for it.

She won't meet too many crazy blade mages anyway. In AA I can check the map before I throw her in and in TT blade tomes aren't a big deal, because in most cases the mage doesn't get the necessary buffs. 

The idea of Rally DEF/RES is to buff all stats with one unit. Usually I don't use Fortify DEF/RES. 

Ok, now I got an idea of her build. She is ~4th/5th in my promotion queue and should be promoted before Christmas. 

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

She won't meet too many crazy blade mages anyway. In AA I can check the map before I throw her in and in TT blade tomes aren't a big deal, because in most cases the mage doesn't get the necessary buffs. 

The idea of Rally DEF/RES is to buff all stats with one unit. Usually I don't use Fortify DEF/RES. 

Ok, now I got an idea of her build. She is ~4th/5th in my promotion queue and should be promoted before Christmas. 

Just give Eirika one of the Fortify S-seals. (Unless you're already using them).

It's way cheaper to upgrade a S-seal that you can simply put on another unit if needed than to invest a double rally unit into Eirika. (Mind, I'm personally too lazy to bother changing seals, but my designated buffer is Axe!Azura so she doesn't need that seal anyway, meaning Eirika can always pack all four buffs.)

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Just give Eirika one of the Fortify S-seals. (Unless you're already using them).

It's way cheaper to upgrade a S-seal that you can simply put on another unit if needed than to invest a double rally unit into Eirika. (Mind, I'm personally too lazy to bother changing seals, but my designated buffer is Axe!Azura so she doesn't need that seal anyway, meaning Eirika can always pack all four buffs.)

I like to keep a reserve of 200 coins if I need to upgrade a seal for a certain situations in GHB/BHB/Story/CC. Other seals like ATK and SPD have priority for new coins currently. 

But I have 4 spare Rodericks, not that anybody else want Rally DEF/RES (Ephraim already got it, Tana got that sweepy lance). 

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I like to keep a reserve of 200 coins if I need to upgrade a seal for a certain situations in GHB/BHB/Story/CC. Other seals like ATK and SPD have priority for new coins currently. 

But I have 4 spare Rodericks, not that anybody else want Rally DEF/RES (Ephraim already got it, Tana got that sweepy lance). 

Rally Def Res gives +3/+3, S-seal level 1 & Rally Def or Rally Res gives +2/+4, for basically the same effect. For a further 50 coin investment, it's +3/+4, for a clearly superior effect.

(I'm assuming Rally Def/Rally Res is free, since it's a fairly common skill without high demand.)

Edit: Basically, my problem with Rally Def/Res on Eirika is that Rally Def & Fort Res seal is both cheaper (because both parts are basically free), and better in terms of numbers. (+4/+2 is a bit better than +3/+3 when min-maxing, because you get 4 of the good stat, and +4/+3, which is only a minor investment, is strictly better even without the min-maxing necessary.)

Double Edit: Mind, if the S-slot is needed on her for whatever reason that's a different issue, but my Eirika is low enough on the totem pole that she won't be getting seals except the ones no one else wants anyway.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Rally Def Res gives +3/+3, S-seal level 1 & Rally Def or Rally Res gives +2/+4, for basically the same effect. For a further 50 coin investment, it's +3/+4, for a clearly superior effect.

(I'm assuming Rally Def/Rally Res is free, since it's a fairly common skill without high demand.)

Ok, I didn't consider Rally DEF/RES only gives +3/3.  

Comparing to Eirika it's even more obvious how OP PA!Azuras buff really is. She buffs all stats and dances while occupying only the assist slot. 

My current Reinhardt is +1 +res-spd and i've had a four star one for a while i had never really bothered to look at since i liked and was perfectly happy with my Rein's performance.

anyway i was considering making him +2 so i checked the four star ones stats and it was +atk-def

so basically if im happy with my current Rein is + 3 atk really worth a loss of 4 def and 3 res from 27/29 - 23/26 when and if i decided to +2 him

I think its pretty cool that Rein is capable of deleting things on player phase so well while still being a pain to kill on enemy phase and don't really think its worth possibly losing that but am here for a second opinion since i regret a few of my earlier merge decisions 

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Why is Rein tanking things?  He works best as a player-phase nuke IMO, so his defense shouldn't kick in.

i use Rein to tank things in emergencies sometimes i need to kill someone dangerous quickly and Rein is left in another enemy's range with no allies that could reliably get him out of the way or i use him to bait someone that's dangerous on a tricky map so they'r not a problem for my other units or to split up enemy's  but most of the time its irrelevant

20 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

If I can't give Arden Death Blow 3, would he benefit from running Sturdy Blow 2 instead? I feel like he might, since it would add a little damage to Ignis (which I'm in the process of giving him) on top of boosting his ATK, and I don't have anyone I'd be willing to burn for DB3 (I have 2 Athenas tho, so one can be used as SB2 fodder), but I dunno if there might be a better option I'm missing.

Attack +3 is a good temporary budget option and it works during Enemy Phase too. Sturdy Blow is not bad, but Wo Dao is a much more important skill to inherit in my opinion.

On 11/13/2017 at 7:03 PM, Tragonight said:

For a Raven tome Boey set, which IVs are better: +Atk -Spd or +Def -Spd?

Assuming you are running Moonbow, Triangle Adept, and Breaker/Quick Riposte, [+Def, -Spd] is better. +Atk is generally unnecessary when their Attack is buffed an extra 40%.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Attack +3 is a good temporary budget option and it works during Enemy Phase too. Sturdy Blow is not bad, but Wo Dao is a much more important skill to inherit in my opinion.

Ah, you're too late. I already inherited Sturdy Blow onto my Arden, and am grinding up the SP to get SB2 on him.
Although, why is Wo Dao so important for Arden? The Brave Sword+ he came with seems like his best option to me, if only because his SPD is always going to be craptacular and Follow-Up Ring guarantees that Arden can quad his enemies with a Brave Sword as long as his HP is high enough (which can be kept there by a newly-buffed healer, unless he's on Armor Emblem... I'll have to come up with something different for Armor Emblem, unless we get a Renewal Sacred Seal at some point)... Unless he has some really good but possibly expensive build I don't know about.

Just now, ILikeKirbys said:

Ah, you're too late. I already inherited Sturdy Blow onto my Arden, and am grinding up the SP to get SB2 on him.
Although, why is Wo Dao so important for Arden? The Brave Sword+ he came with seems like his best option to me, if only because his SPD is always going to be craptacular and Follow-Up Ring guarantees that Arden can quad his enemies with a Brave Sword as long as his HP is high enough (which can be kept there by a newly-buffed healer, unless he's on Armor Emblem... I'll have to come up with something different for Armor Emblem, unless we get a Renewal Sacred Seal at some point)... Unless he has some really good but possibly expensive build I don't know about.

Wo Dao is not important for Arden, but it is important for other faster sword units. Some sword units with really high Attack and Speed actually perform better with a non-Brave Swords since Brave Swords have a pretty low Might.