"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

What's a more important stat for Titania +Res or +Atk? I summoned two in the same session and are both -Def, but I'm not sure which boon is more useful for her.

Not like I have Distant Counter for her in the near future, but even if I do, which is the more important stat?

I mean it's not +Spd, but both of those stats are pretty good (and will be merged to a +Spd one if I ever get one)

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, I want to make (finally) an Armor Emblem team, here are my options (could you help me with sets for those who're not BK and Hector?):

5*BK: Neutral, Alondite, Swap, Black Luna, Steady Stance, WoM, Fortify Armor (Panic Ploy 1 Seal)

5*Hector: +Spd -Def, Armads, Pivot, Ignis, Distant Counter, WoM, Goad Armor (Quicken Pulse Seal)

5*ToD! Henry: +Spd -Def

5*ToD! Jakob: +Spd -Atk

5*Sheena (+1): +Atk -Def

5*Arden: Neutral

4*Draug: +Res -Def

4*Effie: +Spd -Def

My main idea is to choose both Halloween units, but I want to know what do you think and which sets do you recommend

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Hi guys, I want to make (finally) an Armor Emblem team, here are my options (could you help me with sets for those who're not BK and Hector?):

5*BK: Neutral, Alondite, Swap, Black Luna, Steady Stance, WoM, Fortify Armor (Panic Ploy 1 Seal)

5*Hector: +Spd -Def, Armads, Pivot, Ignis, Distant Counter, WoM, Goad Armor (Quicken Pulse Seal)

5*ToD! Henry: +Spd -Def

5*ToD! Jakob: +Spd -Atk

5*Sheena (+1): +Atk -Def

5*Arden: Neutral

4*Draug: +Res -Def

4*Effie: +Spd -Def

My main idea is to choose both Halloween units, but I want to know what do you think and which sets do you recommend

TOD!Henry +Atk/Spd
Gronnblade, Reposition/Swap, Moonbow
Life and Death, Desperation/Breaker, Armor March

TOD!Jakob +Spd
Brave Bow, Reposition/Swap, Luna
Life and Death, Breaker, Armor March

TOD!Jakob +Atk
Brave Bow, Swap, Luna
Death Blow, Wary Fighter/Breaker

Sheena +Atk
Slaying Axe, Swap, Luna/Bonfire/Iceberg
Fuyr/Distant Counter, Quick Riposte

Arden
Brave Sword, Swap, Bonfire
Death Blow, Pursuit Ring

Draug +Atk/Spd -Res
Life and Death/Swift Sparrow, Breaker/Desperation

Effie +Atk -Spd
Brave Lance, Swap, Bonfire

I would prioritize making your ranged armor units better since they are vastly superior in my opinion. If you have spare Armor March, TOD!Jakob should have it, especially if he has a quad Brave Bow set since he really needs the movement to get in and get out of combat. Ranged armor units with Armor March should be supported by partners with Hone Armor. The partners can run either Reposition or Swap; I lean towards Reposition, but Swap is fine too if you do not have enough Reposition fodder.

TOD!Jakob's +Spd makes him a pretty good quad attacking Brave Bow archer, but his -Atk is bad. On offense, his best nature is [+Spd, -HP/Def/Res], followed by [+Atk, -HP/Spd/Def/Res], and then [+Spd, -Atk], and finally everything else. If you want to use TOD!Jakob defensively or as a supporting unit, he should keep his default kit; I think almost any nature works well defensively as long as he is not +Spd since it clashes with Wary Fighter.

Your Draug and Effie have really bad natures. I would not invest in them too much until you get copies with neutral or better natures.

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

What's a more important stat for Titania +Res or +Atk? I summoned two in the same session and are both -Def, but I'm not sure which boon is more useful for her.

Not like I have Distant Counter for her in the near future, but even if I do, which is the more important stat?

I mean it's not +Spd, but both of those stats are pretty good (and will be merged to a +Spd one if I ever get one)

If you want her to tank blue mages, [+Res, -Def] is the best. Making her harder to damage is more important than avoiding doubles in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, azurrys said:

What's better for H!Henry: +ATK -HP or +ATK -RES? Build undecided, but leaning towards Gronnblade with standard Fury/Desperation.

Either is fine, but I lean towards dropping his Resistance. I prefer my offensive ranged units to have Resistance that is 0 to 2/3 points higher than Defense, since that is usually the sweet spot for getting the least deaths in the calculator.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you want her to tank blue mages, [+Res, -Def] is the best. Making her harder to damage is more important than avoiding doubles in my opinion.

Either is fine, but I lean towards dropping his Resistance. I prefer my offensive ranged units to have Resistance that is 0 to 2/3 points higher than Defense, since that is usually the sweet spot for getting the least deaths in the calculator.

Thanks for the answer (and for helping out with a lot of my previous questions as well)! My question was mainly because I was debating which copy should be merged and I put Iceberg on my -HP version already, plus I thought -HP might make it easier to trigger Desperation. And thanks for reminding me the calculator exists, I'll try running some numbers myself as well.

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

TOD!Henry +Atk/Spd
Gronnblade, Reposition/Swap, Moonbow
Life and Death, Desperation/Breaker, Armor March

TOD!Jakob +Spd
Brave Bow, Reposition/Swap, Luna
Life and Death, Breaker, Armor March

TOD!Jakob +Atk
Brave Bow, Swap, Luna

Sheena +Atk
Slaying Axe, Swap, Luna/Bonfire/Iceberg
Fuyr/Distant Counter, Quick Riposte

Arden
Death Blow, Pursuit Ring

Draug +Atk/Spd -Res
Life and Death/Swift Sparrow, Breaker/Desperation

Effie +Atk -Spd
Brave Lance, Swap, Bonfire

I would prioritize making your ranged armor units better since they are vastly superior in my opinion. If you have spare Armor March, TOD!Jakob should have it, especially if he has a quad Brave Bow set since he really needs the movement to get in and get out of combat. Ranged armor units with Armor March should be supported by partners with Hone Armor. The partners can run either Reposition or Swap; I lean towards Reposition, but Swap is fine too if you do not have enough Reposition fodder.

TOD!Jakob's +Spd makes him a pretty good quad attacking Brave Bow archer, but his -Atk is bad. On offense, his best nature is [+Spd, -HP/Def/Res], followed by [+Atk, -HP/Spd/Def/Res], and then [+Spd, -Atk], and finally everything else. If you want to use TOD!Jakob defensively or as a supporting unit, he should keep his default kit; I think almost any nature works well defensively as long as he is not +Spd since it clashes with Wary Fighter.

Your Draug and Effie have really bad natures. I would not invest in them too much until you get copies with neutral or better natures.

Thanks, I’ll go for the ranged units then as soon as I get the necessary fodder :D

Two more questions if you kind folks do not mind! I recently pulled an extra H!Jakob as well as a couple more H! Henrys:

1) The original H!Jakob is (-HP/+SPD, terrible yes) and the new one is  (+HP / -  Def). Both aren't great but I cannot decide which is the lesser of the two evils. For the first, with Jakob's speed being irrelevant, he suffers a HP loss of 4 for literally no gain (38 HP). With the most recent pull, he gains +7 HP, but has 3 less defense. Since he is an armor unit, the defense loss seems a crucial loss. Which is better?

2) Currently I have a neutral +1 Henry and 3 new Henrys. The one I was considering merging as the "Main" Henry is a +Res / - HP one. As mentioned before in one of my post, his HP at neutral unmerged was already pretty low (36), but his HP is 33 Base withe bane. Is the Res really worth the 3 less HP? Or should I keep the neutral Henry as the main?

Thank you in advance.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

Assuming you are running Moonbow, Triangle Adept, and Breaker/Quick Riposte, [+Def, -Spd] is better. +Atk is generally unnecessary when their Attack is buffed an extra 40%.

If I wanted to use Boey to kill both Lyn and Rein on the same turn, would Quick Riposte or Bowbreaker help more?

I guess I will go with Moonbow since it seems to be the best special in these cases.

34 minutes ago, OmNomNom said:

1) The original H!Jakob is (-HP/+SPD, terrible yes) and the new one is  (+HP / -  Def). Both aren't great but I cannot decide which is the lesser of the two evils. For the first, with Jakob's speed being irrelevant, he suffers a HP loss of 4 for literally no gain (38 HP). With the most recent pull, he gains +7 HP, but has 3 less defense. Since he is an armor unit, the defense loss seems a crucial loss. Which is better?

TOD!Jakob's Speed is very relevant depending on the build since he has access to Hone Armor, making quad Brave Bows viable with movement buffs. +Spd nature, Brave Bow, Life and Death, Hone Armor buff, and Goad Armor buff will give him a net Speed of 36. +Atk TOD!Jakob is less reliant on support since he would run Death Blow and focus on killing things in two hits and avoid being doubled with Wary Fighter. Between +Spd and +Atk, I personally leans toward the +Spd since he has slightly more kills with Hone Armor support.

1 hour ago, OmNomNom said:

2) Currently I have a neutral +1 Henry and 3 new Henrys. The one I was considering merging as the "Main" Henry is a +Res / - HP one. As mentioned before in one of my post, his HP at neutral unmerged was already pretty low (36), but his HP is 33 Base withe bane. Is the Res really worth the 3 less HP? Or should I keep the neutral Henry as the main?

If you using him as a Reinhardt tank, I lean towards [+Res, -HP] but it does not matter too much. If you are going for a Gronnblade TOD!Henry, neutral is better in my opinion since [+Res, -HP] sort of have the same magic bulk as neutral, but [+Res, -HP] loses out on physical bulk without gaining anything in return.

37 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

If I wanted to use Boey to kill both Lyn and Rein on the same turn, would Quick Riposte or Bowbreaker help more?

I guess I will go with Moonbow since it seems to be the best special in these cases.

To shut down a fully pimped Reinhardt, Boey 5*+0 needs HP, Speed, and Resistance intact unless you are willing to give Boey Sacred Seals. Reinhardt can double Boey at merge+10 with Hone Cavalry buffs if Boey is -Spd.

Neutral and -Def Boey 5*+0 will shut both pimped out BH!Lyn (if she is not using Firesweep or Cancel Affinity) and Reinhardt down with the following skill set.
Gronnraven, Moonbow
Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte

How do I salvage a ...

1. +SPD/-ATK Lute? Effectively 33/38 offenses (which could be 36/38 but horrible bane).

2. +RES/-ATK Mia? 32/40 Offenses only because of Fierce Blade's +3 ATK boost and an unnecessary 28/29 bulk spread.

Leaning towards LnD for Mia, but want an educated opinion regardless.

28 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Out of curosity, will the holy vestments skills trigger from a DC user? So like, Innes with Sacred Cowl ready attacks Ryoma, will Ryoma's attack trigger Sacred Cowl?

Nothing happens because ranged units can't equip defensive specials.

28 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Also, what's best for Res- Nekura? Cancel Affinity, Quick Riposte, or Guard?

Depends. Guard shuts down Quick Pulse Moonhardt while Cancel Affinity lets her handle Raven mages easily. I would take Guard because Raven users are rare to see on a defense team.

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Nothing happens because ranged units can't equip defensive specials.

Depends. Guard shuts down Quick Pulse Moonhardt while Cancel Affinity lets her handle Raven mages easily. I would take Guard because Raven users are rare to see on a defense team.

Oh really? That's odd. Didn't realize they couldn't.

I come across lots of Cecilias with Raven. Maybe I'll just stick with guard for now.

Does the Distant Defense A slot skill combine with the Distant Defense sacred seal? Will my character (Performing Arts Olivia) get +12 def/res from the fully upgraded A slot skill + sacred seal if she is attacked by a ranged weapon?

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

Does the Distant Defense A slot skill combine with the Distant Defense sacred seal? Will my character (Performing Arts Olivia) get +12 def/res from the fully upgraded A slot skill + sacred seal if she is attacked by a ranged weapon?

Yes, it does. Yes, she will.

Everything that doesn’t produce blue numbers in the stat sheet stacks to no limit.

So luck decided I to slap me on the face and hand me a bad natured Mathilda, +hp/-atk. What should I do with her after I level her up to 40? 

1) Give Horseslayer to someone for a meme build

2) Pass CA on to one of my Archers (Klein, Takumi, or Brave Lyn)

3) Keep her and just put her on the bench.

4) Build her up, but only use her for CC and AA

Edited by Poimagic

39 minutes ago, owlette said:

is this an appropriate place to ask help with teams? i came back from hiatus and have 11 different 5* and idk which ones to choose for a team. sorry in advance for being mentally challenged when it comes to this game

First, thank you for posting a question in the correct thread instead of making a new topic.

There isn’t much we can help with without some details, though. Is this for arena? PvE? And if PvE, Tempest? More importantly, what 5* units do you have access to? What are their stat spreads?

You can use this resource to check your 5* units’ stat variances by comparing their Lv. 40 stats with no weapon equipped with what you see in that character’s article. Once you’ve done that we can provide a more complete answer.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

First, thank you for posting a question in the correct thread instead of making a new topic.

There isn’t much we can help with without some details, though. Is this for arena? PvE? And if PvE, Tempest? More importantly, what 5* units do you have access to? What are their stat spreads?

You can use this resource to check your 5* units’ stat variances by comparing their Lv. 40 stats with no weapon equipped with what you see in that character’s article. Once you’ve done that we can provide a more complete answer.

uhhhhh PvE i guess, for starters. i'm having difficulties passing the Main Story in Lunatic mode. here are my 5* units btw:  (sry idk what stat spreads are and i didn't even know the units had weapons equipped haha....oh boy)

IMG_1890.thumb.PNG.1fcc33c078bd390d511d23be9f5f7d26.PNG

@owlette That’s a lot of red.

Honestly, you can just replace Young Tiki with Klein and be fine with that team for most of the Lunatic maps.

If you’ve obtained Olivia from the Hero Battles or got her from summoning, she can take Ephraim or Ryoma’s spot to make Klein and Brave Lyn easier to use on certain maps.

Elincia is great too and you switch between her and Ryoma as needed. I would say run Elincia or Ryoma all the time, but Ryoma’s inbuilt Distant Counter may be preferred on maps where you need to bait to get the AI to move.

tl;dr Brave Lyn / Olivia / Ryoma / X. X can be whatever you need for a specific map. Which chapter are you doing now?

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

@owlette That’s a lot of red.

Honestly, you can just replace Young Tiki with Klein and be fine with that team for most of the Lunatic maps.

If you’ve obtained Olivia from the Hero Battles or got her from summoning, she can take Ephraim or Ryoma’s spot to make Klein and Brave Lyn easier to use on certain maps.

Elincia is great too and you switch between her and Ryoma as needed. I would say run Elincia or Ryoma all the time, but Ryoma’s inbuilt Distant Counter may be preferred on maps where you need to bait to get the AI to move.

tl;dr Brave Lyn / Olivia / Ryoma / X. X can be whatever you need for a specific map. Which chapter are you doing now?

yes. it is a lot of red, i think i am cursed. yeah i have Olivia, but she's only a 3*. am i supposed to do something specifically with her? what is the difference between Elincia and Ryoma since they're both red sword units? sorry if these are stupid questions.

currently i am on chapter 10 of Lunatic mode

also thanks for helping me, i really appreciate the advice

15 minutes ago, owlette said:

yes. it is a lot of red, i think i am cursed. yeah i have Olivia, but she's only a 3*. am i supposed to do something specifically with her?

Olivia is one of only seven units in the game—four of which are seasonal and currently unavailable in the summoning pool—that have Sing / Dance as their assist skill, which gives an ally an extra action if they already moved that turn. This effect is extremely good, especially early on when you’re not likely to have many assist skills to inherit onto your units. You can essentially give your best unit another turn, either to KO an enemy or to retreat after getting a pick.

The skill is available as early as 3*, so Olivia can put in tons of work even if you never promote her. Just keep her away from enemies.

what is the difference between Elincia and Ryoma since they're both red sword units? sorry if these are stupid questions.

Elincia has a Brave effect on her sword, so she can land two hits whenever she initiates an attack—four if she doubles the enemy. She also has flight which lets her ignore terrain. This is invaluable on some of the harder maps later on. However, Ryoma has a much better enemy phase than her since he can counter from both 1 and 2 range, and doesn’t fear archers like she does. Use either or as needed.

currently i am on chapter 10 of Lunatic mode

The defense maps can be a pain, I agree.

Spoiler

On Map 1, having Klein pick off the frail mages passing through the choke then dancing him with Olivia helps to avoid being overwhelmed. However, without a good axe or green mage, dealing with the lance cavalier can be tricky. Don’t be afraid to fall back for one turn if it means finishing the map at the end of that enemy phase.

Map 2 is much easier. Bait with Ryoma or use Elincia’s flight to get easy picks.

On Map 3 you can stall the boss indefinitely with Ryoma. Bruno doesn’t move iirc and Klein should be able to handle him and the other mages.

Map 4 is ugh. Fortunately there are lots of greens here so Ryoma and Elincia will have a field day. Once Ike starts to move and break the blocks at the bottom, slowly move towards the top to avoid him.

Map 5 needs to be done fast. Bait Mist, then use Ephraim to duel Ike. Instead of splitting the group to move towards the lance cav, focus on clearing the center then move Klein onto the bush from the left, dance him, and take out the lance cav. If he doesn’t KO, try buffing him or having his special ready first.

Hope this helps.

Sigh... pulled +atk -Res Celica from ToD, but I already have +atk -hp built up at +2 merge.

Keeping in mind my current Celica has LnD3, is -res better than -hp? And if not, who generally wants Distant Defense 3 as an A skill? Or would it be okay to just merge -res into -hp?

Seriously, why am i constantly bothered by either Alm or Celica...

Edited by Xenomata