"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

+Spd -Atk is basically strictly better +Atk Setsuna (she has 1 Spd and 1 Atk more). Now, Setsuna might be a terrible, terrible joke of an archer, but being worse than Virion at using a brave bow isn't actually too bad of a place to be, and B!Cordelia's better than that.

The biggest problem, though, is that melee units are going to bulk up soon with forges, thanks to +5 hp being everywhere, meaning you really want to make sure your archers to have around 34 or 35 Atk before everything else, and 32 is kind of only on the edge of being 'okay.'

You can give her the good old Moonbow Pulse combo, though. Reinhardt is the best user because it's fucking Reinhardt, but if you hated the idea of using the best unit in the game (he's the best not for his Dire Thunder, incidentally, the dudes completely bonkers for about 99 reasons, and Dire Thunder is only 1 of them), patching up B!Cordelia with quickened pulse isn't bad.

I see, I might try that. I feel bad for the -atk but could have been worse like not getting her at all.

Thanks!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 4* Effie’s and I’m thinking of promoting one.

i have +ATK/-DEF and +RES/-SPD

The +ATK is great but she’s kind of fragile with -DEF. The +RES is great & I’ve seen some cool res-tanks builds for Effie, but it’s hard to pass up +ATK.

Promote one of these two or just keep waiting?

Edited by Personette

36 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

So, what's the verdict on which of Fae's Lightning Breath++ I should choose? She's not getting a Light Breath++ without DC.

Assuming you're using Triangle Adept 3, +Atk and +Res are probably the best picks, depending on what your team can do and what buffs you're running. I mean, you really can't ever go wrong with +Atk.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Assuming you're using Triangle Adept 3, +Atk and +Res are probably the best picks, depending on what your team can do and what buffs you're running. I mean, you really can't ever go wrong with +Atk.

It's not Triangle Adept 3. I am not spending 20K feathers on Triangle Adept.

Fury-QR (there's something that needs a 20K investment at some point). Honestly, I think Fury might want reconsideration- I don't entirely remember why she has that, and her merges probably alter those calculations now. But that is where my Fae stands, and I like her being able to sorta take bows in a pinch.

4 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

It's not Triangle Adept 3. I am not spending 20K feathers on Triangle Adept.

I'm not sure why you're using such an indignant tone.

Also, Triangle Adept 3 is

1. Not 5-star exclusive and
  2. Is arguably her best passive A skill.

Not to mention Triangle Adept 2 is also serviceable.

5 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Fury-QR (there's something that needs a 20K investment at some point).

Quick Riposte 2 is perfectly usable considering the point of using Triangle Adept 3 is so Fae never takes damage in the first place.

Fury also actively works against keeping Quick Riposte active.

6 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

But that is where my Fae stands, and I like her being able to sorta take bows in a pinch.

Unless you're using Deflect Missile or are running a lot of defensive buffs (Fortify Dragons on top of S Distant Def), the common Brave Bow+ builds burn straight through Fae's low Def and Spd since she's not strong enough to counter kill most archers in a single hit.

Now back to the original question.

If Fae is your only bow counter, I'd probably use +Def since Fae needs all the help she can get to do that job and cannot reliably one-hit kill archers. Neutral vanilla Brave Lyn has 53 physical bulk without buffs or merges.

Otherwise, +Atk or +Res still stands, depending on what you need her to do and what your teammates can already cover.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not sure why you're using such an indignant tone.

Also, Triangle Adept 3 is

1. Not 5-star exclusive and
  2. Is arguably her best passive A skill.

Not to mention Triangle Adept 2 is also serviceable.

You answered your own question. You'd think, because I've been summoning exclusively red for two banners in sequence (...theoretically), as well as all the reds I've opened, that I'd have at least one Roy. As it is, Fae is at the end of a line of people after TA3 that includes three raven mages. If TA-2 works, might use one of my Selenas on her...

(General point, lack of Roys means TA being a common build suggestion stings, probably worse than the lack of Setsunas I'm going through- at least I've pulled Setsunas before.)

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Quick Riposte 2 is perfectly usable considering the point of using Triangle Adept 3 is so Fae never takes damage in the first place.

What Fae wants out of QR3 is the 120 Arena points. (This is also an argument to be made against TA, come to think of it.)

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Unless you're using Deflect Missile or are running a lot of defensive buffs (Fortify Dragons on top of S Distant Def), the common Brave Bow+ builds burn straight through Fae's low Def and Spd since she's not strong enough to counter kill most archers in a single hit.

Distant Defence seal, +Spd, Tana Support. Also, it is in a pinch- I try to use Lyn or whoever the bonus unit is, but it's a very spotty set of matchups. Sophia seasons are wonderful.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If Fae is your only bow counter, I'd probably use +Def since Fae needs all the help she can get to do that job and cannot reliably one-hit kill archers. Neutral vanilla Brave Lyn has 53 physical bulk without buffs or merges.

Otherwise, +Atk or +Res still stands, depending on what you need her to do and what your teammates can already cover.

More power, more security, or more Iceberg damage. Tana has reds covered by virtue of being freaking Tana, and Brave Lyn packs somewhat of a punch.

...I'm inclined towards +Def, because that's somewhat of a general weakness in my eyes, but +Atk is tempting. +Res, not at all.

10 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

A Quick pulse build should have excellent enemy phase performance with Bonfire and Steady compared to a +Atk seal or whatever.

Ike +Atk/-Spd with Steady, Wrath, Bonfire, Quick Pulse nabs 154:13:23.

QR over Wrath is 147:21:22.

Edit: +Atk/-Res with Steady, Wrath, Bonfire, Quick Pulse nabs 159:8:23. But I have a feeling any buffs at all to magic users means Ike would prefer -Spd over -Res, since he does need to survive that first hit to OHKO back.

Keeping wrath also has the advantage where, after the first combat, Ike can charge up Bonfire for player phase KOs.

Ike with +Atk/-Res with Fury 3, QR, and Atk +3 seal reaches 146:12:32 for me, incidentally. Edit: Oh, I see, you used Moonbow, not Bonfire.

Is a +Atk/-HP Ike viable still, I don't have -res? He is +10 with merges.

I have Aether, Heavy Blade, QR on him. I'm thinking Bonfire for Arena and possibly Wrath? Would like to improve him.

5 minutes ago, Kaoxt said:

Is a +Atk/-HP Ike viable still

Viability is a scale and not a yes-no value.

14 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

...I'm inclined towards +Def, because that's somewhat of a general weakness in my eyes, but +Atk is tempting.

I prefer to build towards a unit's strengths rather than try to patch up glaring weaknesses. That's what teammates are for.

39 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

+Res, not at all.

Each point of Res is more valuable the more you already have (up until you get into the 50-60 range), though as I said, it depends entirely on your team composition.

Are there any duel calculators that have taken weapon refining into account yet?  I'm trying to figure out which Wo Dao upgrade to get for my Caeda.  I was initially thinking +Atk would be good, but the significant physical bulk she'd gain from +Def is hard to ignore, and might just make the difference against teams that run multiple physical greens on non-Alfonse rotations. 

5 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Are there any duel calculators that have taken weapon refining into account yet?  I'm trying to figure out which Wo Dao upgrade to get for my Caeda.  I was initially thinking +Atk would be good, but the significant physical bulk she'd gain from +Def is hard to ignore, and might just make the difference against teams that run multiple physical greens on non-Alfonse rotations. 

You can simulate regular stat increases from Weapon Refinery by directly changing the stats of the unit or increase them via Spurs for Kagero Chart's calculator.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

You can simulate regular stat increases from Weapon Refinery by directly changing the stats of the unit or increase them via Spurs for Kagero Chart's calculator.

I had forgotten about this feature, thanks.  Yeah, +Def is looking real appealing right now.  In addition to the +5 Hp she'll be able to take on 2 of either Dorcas, Hector, or B!Ike at +10 and survive as a +3.  +Atk Dorcas is dicey, but I guess ally support helps mitigate that somewhat.

Alright, I have to decide which lightning breath to give Tiki (Adult). I rule out speed since that would be pointless. I was leaning toward defense to make her even more tanky, but some added resistance might not hurt, I'm just not sure it would make much of a difference. Thoughts?

32 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Which of the Fates kids will be bumped down to 4 stars in your opinion?

The two that don't have unique weapons (i.e. Rhajat and Soleil).

20 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Alright, I have to decide which lightning breath to give Tiki (Adult). I rule out speed since that would be pointless. I was leaning toward defense to make her even more tanky, but some added resistance might not hurt, I'm just not sure it would make much of a difference. Thoughts?

Depends on the A slot. +Res works well if you're using Triangle Adept. Otherwise, you probably want to stick with +Atk or +Def.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The two that don't have unique weapons (i.e. Rhajat and Soleil).

Depends on the A slot. +Res works well if you're using Triangle Adept. Otherwise, you probably want to stick with +Atk or +Def.

That was my guess, but which one? Will there be a free unit among those characters? I guess time will tell

All in all, I wish Soleil will get bumped down to 4 stars or is a free unit

Edited by silveraura25

26 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

That was my guess, but which one? Will there be a free unit among those characters? I guess time will tell

All in all, I wish Soleil will get bumped down to 4 stars or is a free unit

I'd put Siegbert as the most likely to be a free unit if they intend to keep doing three-character banners due to the coincidences of both sharing a color with another character and being Xander's kid.

Soleil having Firesweep Sword as her default weapon makes her unlikely to be a free unit.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd put Siegbert as the most likely to be a free unit if they intend to keep doing three-character banners due to the coincidences of both sharing a color with another character and being Xander's kid.

Soleil having Firesweep Sword as her default weapon makes her unlikely to be a free unit.

That is true, but I'm thinking that IS wants all firesweep weapons to be available at 4 stars

EDIT: Faye is 5 star exclusive, all hope is lost

Edited by silveraura25

So, I managed to pull two Bride Cordelias. One is +Def/-Atk, the other one is +Def/-Spd. I'm probably using one to inherit Rally Atk&Spd, and the other one I'll level to 40, likely build into a Brave Bow user (maybe Firesweep, if I ever draw a repeat Faye).

Since both of them have unfortunate natures, which one do you recommend I keep?

2 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

So, I managed to pull two Bride Cordelias. One is +Def/-Atk, the other one is +Def/-Spd. I'm probably using one to inherit Rally Atk&Spd, and the other one I'll level to 40, likely build into a Brave Bow user (maybe Firesweep, if I ever draw a repeat Faye).

Since both of them have unfortunate natures, which one do you recommend I keep?

the atk bane one is sadly the better of these options. you can patch it up with atk+ SS and summoner support. life and death is a must for bridelia

16 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Heroes is under maintenance, so I can't give a screenshot, but this thread would be arguably more helpful. It has links to the sprites in game, and I used them to to make my Titania chibis.

Oh yes I have the sprite sheet, but I needed an ingame screenshot of Peri as reference for assembling it.

3 hours ago, Kaoxt said:

Is a +Atk/-HP Ike viable still, I don't have -res? He is +10 with merges.

I have Aether, Heavy Blade, QR on him. I'm thinking Bonfire for Arena and possibly Wrath? Would like to improve him.

+Atk/-Hp is nearly identical to +Atk/-Res, that is, more or less as good as it gets vs. unbuffed enemies.

Mind, the main thing about the Bonfire Wrath build is that it changes his role from 'bulky frontliner' to 'CC Reinhardt.' (Except he doesn't have CC Reinhardt's ridiculous player phase, or Vantage.) Regular Ike is kind of a hard-counter to everyone that doesn't do enough damage, because he Aethers back all his lost HP, but Bonfire Wrath is more of a 'check' to every unit, because he wins pretty much every single fight, but isn't very good at taking multiple enemy phase fights. If your Ike consistently fights only once on enemy phase, and maybe once more on player phase, then this build would be better, if your Ike tends to get into 2 or 3 man brawls with the enemy team, then his regular build would be better.

Also bear in mind that swapping Aether for Bonfire would lower your arena score by 1.5 points, because Bonfire is 200 SP versus Aether's 500.