"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Rafiel's Aria Bond skills really aren’t worth using. Drive Atk is more attractive as fodder if you really want to waste use a Fjorm like that.

Steady Stance would be better, but BK is rare and he has more value than just being fodder.

I might've wasted a Delthea like that already. lol I'll have to think about it. I'm not sure I'll ever end up pulling a Brave Ike let alone 2 of them. I'll figure out a good use for this Fjorm one way or another.

Maybe one of these days I'll actually invest in armor emblem and merge my BKs. XD He hasn't done much outside of my monthly armor emblem quests.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Steady Stance would be better, but BK is rare and he has more value than just being fodder.

Shiro now also has Steady Stance.

@Rafiel's Aria Atk/Def Bond is actually not that bad of a skill since it's currently the only skill that gives as much Atk and Def on enemy phase as it does. The only thing is that it's outclassed by Steady Breath and by the eventual +4 Atk/Def dual Stance.

20 minutes ago, Sakuto said:

Since arena rewards are getting changed, I believe, I kind of wanted a team that's pretty easily mergable to at least rank a little higher, thoughts on which characters may be good for this?

https://imgur.com/a/bbNG7

If you're f2p or don't want to spend a lot of money to whale, I recommend merging characters that are available at lower rarities (3/4 or 4/5 stars - not 5 star exclusives) with legendary weapons or just characters that you get at 3/4 stars a lot and can be used in the Arena easily. For example, I started promoting and merging my Merrics because he's got a legendary tome and can be found at 4 and 5 star rarities unlike Sonya (who also has a legendary tome). Raising a 5* merged Marth or Chrom also wouldn't be too difficult either, and Falchion is great. I'd say Nino, Reinhardt, and Eirika (if you have her) are all good choices as well. I've even encountered great merged Cherches, Ests, and Pallas. I see you have a few Sorens. I gave mine Gronnblade+, and he does fairly well. If you've got a lot of 4 star copies of him, then he's a good candidate as well even if Nino's more common.

I usually run PA!Azura as well. She's the only dancer with a legendary weapon, so she gets a slight boost too. Mine is just +1, but she doesn't lower my score much. However Olivia is also an excellent choice for merges. I personally run a 4*+10 one (and I think my score has been much higher than when I run PA!Azura), but she'd be a good candidate for 5 star merges too.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Rafiel's Aria Atk/Def Bond is actually not that bad of a skill since it's currently the only skill that gives as much Atk and Def on enemy phase as it does. The only thing is that it's outclassed by Steady Breath and by the eventual +4 Atk/Def dual Stance.

Oh yeah... I figure the dual stance skills will come eventually, but who knows when? It could be months from now. And I doubt these skills will be easy to get. XD Maybe I can use ATK/DEF bond as a filler for now, and pray that someday I'm lucky enough to get Steady Breath fodder. XD

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Is there a pun with Japanese name for Steady Stance because holy shit giving it to Shiro is the dumbest thing ive ever seen

9 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Is there a pun with Japanese name for Steady Stance because holy shit giving it to Shiro is the dumbest thing ive ever seen

Nope. The Stances just use the same naming convention as the Blows. Steady Stance is "Adamantine Stance" to Armored Blow's "Adamantine Blow".

Between Boey (+Spd -Def), Female Robin, and Merric (+Atk -HP), who would be the best candidate for my next Gronnraven user?

I currently only have three Raventomes (+Atk -HP Sophia, +Atk -Def Cecilia, and +Atk -Res Shigure), and while they're good at what they do for the most part, that doesn't change that I need at least a few more to be able to safely go through Arena Assault.

Boey and Merrics natures can be changed, but Boey is at 5* and that's what his nature happens to be, while that Merric was the least horrible of 4 different Merrics. Merric and F!Robin are both 4*.

Edited by Xenomata

38 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Between Boey (+Spd -Def), Female Robin, and Merric (+Atk -HP), who would be the best candidate for my next Gronnraven user?

I currently only have three Raventomes (+Atk -HP Sophia, +Atk -Def Cecilia, and +Atk -Res Shigure), and while they're good at what they do for the most part, that doesn't change that I need at least a few more to be able to safely go through Arena Assault.

Boey and Merrics natures can be changed, but Boey is at 5* and that's what his nature happens to be, while that Merric was the least horrible of 4 different Merrics. Merric and F!Robin are both 4*.

Boey with Gronnraven, Moonbow, Triangle Adept, and Bowbreaker should be able to handle all BH!Lyns.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Boey with Gronnraven, Moonbow, Triangle Adept, and Bowbreaker should be able to handle all BH!Lyns.

Boey doesnt need Gronnraven. He can run his Gronnowl due to his high def

Boey with Close Counter, Quick Riposte, Distant Def Seal can handle BH!Lyn np and with 1 or 2 allies on the side of him even Reinhardt. Also handles melees fairly well. Slap on some Def/Res Spurs on your allies and you can just let him stand there countering everything (ecxept Red units and some Dragonstone users)

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Boey doesnt need Gronnraven. He can run his Gronnowl due to his high def

Boey with Close Counter, Quick Riposte, Distant Def Seal can handle BH!Lyn np and with 1 or 2 allies on the side of him even Reinhardt. Also handles melees fairly well. Slap on some Def/Res Spurs on your allies and you can just let him stand there countering everything (ecxept Red units and some Dragonstone users)

I'd hate to say it, but I don't want to run so much investment to make one unit good when changing his tome, A, and B skill would give him the matchups I need him to have.

I'm not trying to make him the second coming of Guard Bow + Distant Defense 6, I just need to be able to take out Brave Lyn and Reinhardt at least one extra time in Arena Assault. Plus I need him to be able to operate independently from his allies. What you are suggesting is to make my units huddle together, usually on maps that do not allow for such.

Edited by Xenomata

3 hours ago, Dengres said:

Would a +def -spd Sheena rather have a +def Slaying Axe or a +res Slaying Axe?

Generally, I would go with Defense Refinement unless there is something you need to tank that requires Resistance Refinement. If you just need her to tank/counter blue mages and nothing else, Emerald Axe is better in my opinion.

I have a +Res -Spd A!Tiki and I’m considering giving her the +Res Lightning Breath and Distant Defence to make her a mixed ranged tank. That’d give her 35/31 defenses as a base and 41/37 when defending against ranged. I could then also give her the Close Defense seal to cover melee. B skill would be QR so she could actually kill things.

This all sounds good in my head, but I have no experience using her, or dragons beyond Ninian. They’d be paired up if this build is made. Any opinions/thoughts?

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Is Spd forge on a Spd/Res TA3 Ninian’s lightning breath+ the best choice or are there better variants?

A +Spd refine for a +Spd Ninian with the Speed +1 seal avoids a double attack from any standard Lucina build that isn't also running the a Speed+ seal (or a blessing), if that matters.

A +Spd refine for a +Spd Ninian with the Speed +3 seal avoids a double attack from Distant Counter Ayra with a blessing (and no Speed+ seal) if you're seeing any of those in your score range for whatever reason.

It's really either that or +Def, I think. Stacking Spd on support units that don't mind taking a single hit is generally never a bad idea.

+10 Ninian [+Spd] with a +Spd refine, Speed +3 seal, and Water Blessing with Fjorm on the team hits 49 Spd. And 54 HP.

42 minutes ago, XRay said:

Generally, I would go with Defense Refinement unless there is something you need to tank that requires Resistance Refinement. If you just need her to tank/counter blue mages and nothing else, Emerald Axe is better in my opinion.

I probably will. I mean I could always also buff her res with the Distant Def Seal

1 hour ago, sdgj1994 said:

So I’m trying to clear Squad Assault 5 for that Squad Ace E seal and I can’t seem to get past the third map, you should know which one I mean. Anyone got any guidance for me for that map or the ones past it? Would be appreciated!

Map3 - Brave Hero! Ike+Filler+Joshua+Caeda
Map4 - Effie+Nino+Lilina+Henry
Map5 - Mae+Olivia+Fjorm+Takumi

I used the following teams- (No skill ineritance)

I'm afraid my clear of Map 3 might have used excessive resources- If you don't have as good a team, I think that depending on where you put your low res and low Def extra fourth unit, you can force Cecilla and the Second Blue Horse to take the long path or split up if your team isn't really amazing. I like to just go over the top bridge. I think that a cheap 3-4 star Emerald Axe User + Joshua (if you cleared the tempest trial) + a Healer could tank through it, especially since you don't really need to save Greens and Reds that much on Maps 4 and 5. 

The guys in Map 4 and Map 5 are pretty easy to replace since- A weaker Archer will work fine with an inherited or natural Brave Bow (not even Brave Bow+)  Mae and Lilina aren't super amazing as Blue and Red mages-  so having someone stronger than they are is fine. Olivia and Fjorm are free to everyone, so no worries there.(unless you used them for Map1=2)

On Map 4 the enemies are really split up- you can force through the left side with most Blue units or a Sapphire Lance.  Henry was used to kill one archer- but Raven tomes aren't neccesary if you take the time to let him walk ahead of the armor knight by backing everyone into the top left after killing the red people. The armor knight can be a little hard kill in one round, but if you have Draw Back/repositon  (Or just use TWO mages) then it won't matter, since you should be fighting him by himself.

On Map 5 the enemies will be split up if you fight them from the right side entrance- just blow up the sword armor with Blue magic, then blow up Minerva with a Bow or Red magic. The Archer and the healer are a little dangerous  but if you have a tanky mage or have a distant counter melee unit left after the other maps, that should work fine. 

Edited by Reality

47 minutes ago, Reality said:

Map3 - Brave Hero! Ike+Filler+Joshua+Caeda
Map4 - Effie+Nino+Lilina+Henry
Map5 - Mae+Olivia+Fjorm+Takumi

I used the following teams- (No skill ineritance)

I'm afraid my clear of Map 3 might have used excessive resources- If you don't have as good a team, I think that depending on where you put your low res and low Def extra fourth unit, you can force Cecilla and the Second Blue Horse to take the long path or split up if your team isn't really amazing. I like to just go over the top bridge. I think that a cheap 3-4 star Emerald Axe User + Joshua (if you cleared the tempest trial) + a Healer could tank through it, especially since you don't really need to save Greens and Reds that much on Maps 4 and 5. 

The guys in Map 4 and Map 5 are pretty easy to replace since- A weaker Archer will work fine with an inherited or natural Brave Bow (not even Brave Bow+)  Mae and Lilina aren't super amazing as Blue and Red mages-  so having someone stronger than they are is fine. Olivia and Fjorm are free to everyone, so no worries there.(unless you used them for Map1=2)

On Map 4 the enemies are really split up- you can force through the left side with most Blue units or a Sapphire Lance.  Henry was used to kill one archer- but Raven tomes aren't neccesary if you take the time to let him walk ahead of the armor knight by backing everyone into the top left after killing the red people. The armor knight can be a little hard kill in one round, but if you have Draw Back/repositon  (Or just use TWO mages) then it won't matter, since you should be fighting him by himself.

On Map 5 the enemies will be split up if you fight them from the right side entrance- just blow up the sword armor with Blue magic, then blow up Minerva with a Bow or Red magic. The Archer and the healer are a little dangerous  but if you have a tanky mage or have a distant counter melee unit left after the other maps, that should work fine. 

I managed to work something out for map 3 in the end using my flier emblem team. Thank god for Halloween Nowi, she made taking out Cecilia a breeze with flier buffs, while Michalis sorted out the lance cavs. The fourth map was made easy with Swordbreaker units and my Celica dealing with the axe knight (I forget who took out the archer), and horse emblem sorted out the final map. Thanks for the advice anyway :)

I'm starting to think about building a Brave Est again. I have the Brave Lance+ fodder (pity breaker Abel who I still haven't foddered off, fittingly), but I'm not sure what other skills she would want. She's +Atk/-Def and a 5-star already; I assume Death Blow 3 is ideal, but would Luna or Iceberg be a better Special? And would she want something like Hit and Run, or Lancebreaker, or something else?

On 12/5/2017 at 1:43 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Cancel Affinity is an option if you see Triangle Adept Litrraven users often. Otherwise, you can always use a Weaponbreaker or Wings of Mercy.

Most of the TA ~raven mages I see are Cecilia so I'll go with a ~breaker for now. 

On 12/5/2017 at 1:43 PM, Ice Dragon said:

If you do not use Armor March and more than half of your team (3 or 4) is armored units, use Swap.

If you do not use Armor March and you are only using 1 armored unit, use Pivot.

If you do not use Armor March and you are using 2 armored units, take your pick.

If you use Armor March, Swap still works fine, but Reposition is also an option.

Looks like they're all getting Swap. Not a bad thing since that cleans out my box.

On 12/5/2017 at 2:55 PM, XRay said:

Similar to Blade mages, they work best with buffs, although Brave Bow archers are not as reliant on them.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like if I build with a certain set, namely quad attacking enemies with Bride Cordelia, she should be able to do so most of the time without relying on boosts to reliably quad enemies. Although she's most likely sticking close to her support partner with Hone Speed so it's not that big of a deal.

On another note, I've been debating which A skill Deirdre with +Def/-Atk should get. I've seen quite a few people put Fury on their units with QR but I'm questioning how effective it actually is as it drops the unit out of QR range quicker.  

57 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm starting to think about building a Brave Est again. I have the Brave Lance+ fodder (pity breaker Abel who I still haven't foddered off, fittingly), but I'm not sure what other skills she would want. She's +Atk/-Def and a 5-star already; I assume Death Blow 3 is ideal, but would Luna or Iceberg be a better Special? And would she want something like Hit and Run, or Lancebreaker, or something else?

Going by the power of memes her best build is:

• Brave lance+
  • Reposition
  • Iceberg
  • Death Blow 3
  • Hit and Run/Drag Back/Lancebreaker 
  • Defense Ploy 3
  • Atk Ploy 3/Atk+3/Guidance 

The bolded options are the most common, but you can customize your Est depending on your team's needs and resources.

Iceberg is better than Luna because it adds a flat 16 dmg, Luna can do more damage against some armors like Effie but normally the def ploy debuff should be enough to ORKO what Est needs to.

The sacred seal choice goes by what do you want Est to do. Atk Ploy offers more utility for her teammates debuffing the likes of Hector and Bike, Atk+3 grants her essentially +6 atk on Player Phase so she can hit even harder and Guidance is for mixed teams (in my experience it pairs perfectly with Hit and Run because it allows her teammates to Reposition her to safety, dance her or swoop in and kill the enemy if for some reason Est was unable to).

10 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Going by the power of memes her best build is:

• Brave lance+
  • Reposition
  • Iceberg
  • Death Blow 3
  • Hit and Run/Drag Back/Lancebreaker 
  • Defense Ploy 3
  • Atk Ploy 3/Atk+3/Guidance 

The bolded options are the most common, but you can customize your Est depending on your team's needs and resources.

Iceberg is better than Luna because it adds a flat 16 dmg, Luna can do more damage against some armors like Effie but normally the def ploy debuff should be enough to ORKO what Est needs to.

The sacred seal choice goes by what do you want Est to do. Atk Ploy offers more utility for her teammates debuffing the likes of Hector and Bike, Atk+3 grants her essentially +6 atk on Player Phase so she can hit even harder and Guidance is for mixed teams (in my experience it pairs perfectly with Hit and Run because it allows her teammates to Reposition her to safety, dance her or swoop in and kill the enemy if for some reason Est was unable to).

Cool, thanks! She has Hit and Run currently, so I guess I'll keep that until I get an Oscar. Caeda is actually running the Atk Ploy Seal right now, so I'll probably keep that on her since her Res is a bit better than Est's. The Atk Seals tend to stay on other characters who want it a bit more, so I may just go with Guidance for when I use her outside of Flier Emblem, since no one else has it currently.

Would a +Atk/-Res Hinoka want a similar build, since they're stats end up being pretty comparable? Besides replacing the Res-related stills for others I suppose, like maybe Iceberg for Luna.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Cool, thanks! She has Hit and Run currently, so I guess I'll keep that until I get an Oscar. Caeda is actually running the Atk Ploy Seal right now, so I'll probably keep that on her since her Res is a bit better than Est's. The Atk Seals tend to stay on other characters who want it a bit more, so I may just go with Guidance for when I use her outside of Flier Emblem, since no one else has it currently.

Would a +Atk/-Res Hinoka want a similar build, since they're stats end up being pretty comparable? Besides replacing the Res-related stills for others I suppose, like maybe Iceberg for Luna.

Hinoka is pretty similar but she's a bit reliant on obtaining Atk buffs to do enough damage because she lacks the means of debuffing the enemy (which is why her Hone Fliers is a bit contradicting with her role). For example my Hinoka has this set:

• Brave Lance+
  • Reposition
  • Luna (it's either this or Moonbow, the other skills don't fit that well with her stats)
  • Death Blow 3
  • Drag Back (Hit and Run is a bit better but I lack the fodder)
  • Hone Fliers (Threaten Def can work but it relies on positioning a bit too much for my tastes)
  • Atk+1 (Atk+3 is pretty much the best seal for her but I only have the +1)

5 minutes ago, r_n said:

Can you SI forged weapons at all? I know that the evolved divine weapons can't, but like...if I forge a Tiki's lightning breath+, can I pass that to another dragon?

No. In order to give a unit a forged weapon you need to SI the vanilla version of the weapon and then use the refinery to upgrade it.

5 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

No. In order to give a unit a forged weapon you need to SI the vanilla version of the weapon and then use the refinery to upgrade it.

Huh, go figure

But they're okay to merge into the same unit, right?