"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

22 minutes ago, Kaoxt said:

Would you guys go with a DC Brave Ike or Steady Breath? I have been seeing a lot of DC in arena.

Can't decide between the two as well as my C slot. I have been experimenting Atk Smoke 3.

I wouldn't waste DC on him. I see a lot of them too and they're usually a bit easier to take out since swords can get at him easier when lacking Steady Breath. I find Hector and Dorcas both do DC axe stuff better without wasting resources, in my opinion, and he just does great with Steady Breath by default. He CAN run DC, but unless you're a whale I wouldn't bother. Replacing his B slot with QR and possibly Aether with Ignis is really all the changes he needs.

His default Threaten Def is fine, but you could swap it for hone if you want to help his teammates more instead. As for seals, I personally like Close Def 3 on him to stack with Steady Breath in melee. He can even wall out a good number of swords with that. Atk Smoke can be interesting as well to debuff the enemy team, though. I guess it depends if you want him even better at 1v1'ing or to offer more team support, for both the C slot and seal choices.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Which Barst is best Barst?

+SPD/-RES

+SPD/-HP

+ATK/DEF

I have 2 potential Reposition fodders but they all have annoyingly good natures and I actually want to build a Barst at some point so I'd like to keep the best one.

I would go with Attack boon first. He should not have to worry too much about being doubled by Quick Riposte axe users if he is running Axebreaker. Resistance bane is the best, but Attack boon matters more than Speed boon in my opinion for most Brave users.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I wouldn't waste DC on him. I see a lot of them too and they're usually a bit easier to take out since swords can get at him easier when lacking Steady Breath. I find Hector and Dorcas both do DC axe stuff better without wasting resources, in my opinion, and he just does great with Steady Breath by default. He CAN run DC, but unless you're a whale I wouldn't bother. Replacing his B slot with QR and possibly Aether with Ignis is really all the changes he needs.

His default Threaten Def is fine, but you could swap it for hone if you want to help his teammates more instead. As for seals, I personally like Close Def 3 on him to stack with Steady Breath in melee. He can even wall out a good number of swords with that. Atk Smoke can be interesting as well to debuff the enemy team, though. I guess it depends if you want him even better at 1v1'ing or to offer more team support, for both the C slot and seal choices.

Here is my stats with summoner support with +10. I feel with the extra buffs it may make DC more viable?

Screenshot_20171207-171709.png

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

DC, BTB, Def Ploy, Res-forged Berkut’s lance, Reposition, and Iceberg on Res/HP Florina: yes or hell yes?

as @mampfoid said Clair is the better choice, 3 lower attack as Florina almost same RES (only 1 point less then florina) but 9 more speed. which helps alot. My clair is +SPD -DEF

aside from Clair other great choices are Mathilda, Peri

a +RES -HP Sprign Xander is also a great choice, with A: Close Def 3 B: Guard and Distant Def Seal + Berkuts Lance he becomes a magical and physical wall running 47 Res against Tome users and Dragon users and 41 Def against physical melees and bow users (when being attacked that is). in this case if you wanted you could go with a +DEF Berkuts Lance to even it out to 43 RES and 45 DEF respectively. Add Horse Emblem buffs on top of that and you get the Idea.

14 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Her role as a blue counter would imply TA for her, but it seems with Fury/QR/Moonbow/(+DEF refinement) she doesn't need TA to counter most blues on EP (draws against +10 Gwen, Roderick & Jagen). 

The biggest difference between the Triangle Adept build and the Fury build is a matter of how much sustain you need for the game mode you are using her for.

Fury cuts into her HP quickly, both due to the recoil and the reduced effective defenses against blue opponents, but gives her more versatility in what she can survive since it increases her defenses against other colors. Triangle Adept lets her keep Quick Riposte up much longer against blue opponents, but reduces her effectiveness against other colors and makes her vulnerable to Cancel Affinity.

20 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

a correct built DC BIke is much more scary then a Steady Breath built.

my BIke runs:
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Wrath 3
C: flexible
Seal: Quickened Pulse

which means he will insta activate Bonfire if he is attacked, so you either ORKO him which only a handfull of mages can do (Gronnblade mages or Red tome users) or handfull of Red Sword users. and if he survives Wrath 3 will put his counter back to 1 on the next turn, couple this with a Healer that heals him back up and you get the idea... it starts from the beginning.

2 minutes ago, Kaoxt said:

Here is my stats with summoner support with +10. I feel with the extra buffs it may make DC more viable?

Screenshot_20171207-171709.png

I would just run Dorcas instead with that role. I would swap Urvan out for Slaying Axe with Defense Refinement if you choose the Distant Counter route as Urvan is basically a Slaying Axe without stat buffs. In my opinion Ike already has trouble dealing with mages even when he cannot counter attack, letting him counter attack basically charges enemy mages' Special and nullify Urvan's tanking effect.

Just now, XRay said:

I would just run Dorcas instead with that role. I would swap Urvan out for Slaying Axe with Defense Refinement if you choose the Distant Counter route as Urvan is basically a Slaying Axe without stat buffs. In my opinion Ike already has trouble dealing with mages even when he cannot counter attack, letting him counter attack basically charges enemy mages' Special and nullify Urvan's tanking effect.

Great point! Kind of cleared up a lot and made SB easier decision. Which C slot and seal would you recommend?

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

my BIke runs:
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Wrath 3

which means he will insta activate Bonfire if he is attacked, so you either ORKO him which only a handfull of mages can do (Gronnblade mages or Red tome users) or handfull of Red Sword users. and if he survives Wrath 3 will put his counter back to 1 on the next turn, couple this with a Healer that heals him back up and you get the idea... it starts from the beginning.

Dorcas has that role covered in my opinion to deal with ranged enemies. I think Ike is better off focusing against melee units and Urvan covering him against archers.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Which Barst is best Barst?

+SPD/-RES

+SPD/-HP

+ATK/DEF

I have 2 potential Reposition fodders but they all have annoyingly good natures and I actually want to build a Barst at some point so I'd like to keep the best one.

It depends if you want to keep the Brave Axe or not.

if you go Brave Axe +Atk is better although it's best to get -Res. if you want to use -Def go Luna instead of Bonfire.

if you are giving him Slaying Axe Speed boon sounds better to me. Again -Res is better unless you want to give him HP+ Sacred Seal to patch -HP up. I think he can live a Reinhardt hit if he isn't -Res but that's not what you should be using him for anyway.

14 minutes ago, Kaoxt said:

Ah, I usually assume people are discussing no/few merges. With +10 and summon support it is even more viable. Though he can still get blown up by good mages, but he'll be good against archers. It might depend on what units you mostly encounter in your position in the arena. I still think he's best focused on his excellent defensive melee role, but DC with those stats certainly isn't a bad choice either.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

my BIke runs:
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Wrath 3

That does look nasty, but really he's still done if he's simply baited into a sword unit and killed the following turn, like you'd do with a Steady Breath Ike. And honestly -blade mages are the main ones people are going to use. That looks good, just I don't think it stops him from being countered much more than the way he normally is. As far as using him as the player, I'm sure he's still great since you'll simply not put him in that sort of situation.

44 minutes ago, Hilda said:

my BIke runs:
Bonfire
Distant Counter
Wrath 3

Which healer / buffs do you run with your build? I like Aether as it allows him to sometimes take out the entire team. Running bonfire + healer could do this as well.

25 minutes ago, Kaoxt said:

Which healer / buffs do you run with your build? I like Aether as it allows him to sometimes take out the entire team. Running bonfire + healer could do this as well.

I run a 5 Star +10 Azama (my favourite healer) +Def/-Atk with currently:
Pain+ (dazzling)
Martyr+ (heals himself and target depending of amount of damage taken but heals for at least 16 HP, which is atm enough)
Arkanum
A: Warding Stance 3 (grants +6 Res when being attacked).
B: Wings of Mercy 3
C: Savage Blow 3
Seal: Savage Blow 3

My buffs vary beforehand it was Spur DEF/RES when Boey was still a mainstaple of my Team, but now i am running Atk Tactics on B!Ike and Def Tactcs on Clair. The 4. Unit is Sigurd but sometimes i have to shuffle around because 3 Infantery units kinda undermine those buffs.
If a RES Tactics comes out my Clair will switch to that one, but i usually try to shy away from permanent buffs because of Panic Ploy ¬.¬

Edited by Hilda

47 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Ah, I usually assume people are discussing no/few merges. With +10 and summon support it is even more viable. Though he can still get blown up by good mages, but he'll be good against archers. It might depend on what units you mostly encounter in your position in the arena. I still think he's best focused on his excellent defensive melee role, but DC with those stats certainly isn't a bad choice either.

That does look nasty, but really he's still done if he's simply baited into a sword unit and killed the following turn, like you'd do with a Steady Breath Ike. And honestly -blade mages are the main ones people are going to use. That looks good, just I don't think it stops him from being countered much more than the way he normally is. As far as using him as the player, I'm sure he's still great since you'll simply not put him in that sort of situation.

obviously every unit has a counter and can be baited, for me my built works best, because my Berkuts Lance+(RES path) Clair with Distant Counter, Guard 3 and Distant Def Seal takes care of mages and Dragonstone users. (even in some cases of Gronnblade mages)

And then there is still my Azama who can AoE chip for 24 dmg if needed, which puts Desperation units in a dire disadvantage against my B!Ike.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

as @mampfoid said Clair is the better choice, 3 lower attack as Florina almost same RES (only 1 point less then florina) but 9 more speed. which helps alot. My clair is +SPD -DEF

aside from Clair other great choices are Mathilda, Peri

Except I don’t want Clair, Mathilda, nor Peri. I want Florina.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Except I don’t want Clair, Mathilda, nor Peri. I want Florina.

then do Florina, she can work just as fine with QR and kill mages on the counter as an Enemy phase unit, but will be lackings punchign power as a Player phase unit. She might tough die if she gets doubled by a Blue/Green Litrblade unit if she gets doubled (Clair avoids that due to her speed most of the time). but QR with the high res should work against all Red/Blue mages and Dragonstone users.

In that case you want either a +Atk/-HPor-DEF (for more attack swag) or a +RES/-HPor-Def for more Resitance bulk. or get a SPD bane she aint gonna double much units with 27 SPD anyway.

Edited by Hilda

Anyone know what a good B skill would be for my Ayra+2 +Def/-HP, keep in mind I don't have Wrath fodder at the moment.

Spoiler

FAmIK0h.png

Also which one is better to build up, +HP/-Atk Siegbert or +HP/-Spd Siegbert?

Edited by Logos

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The biggest difference between the Triangle Adept build and the Fury build is a matter of how much sustain you need for the game mode you are using her for.

Fury cuts into her HP quickly, both due to the recoil and the reduced effective defenses against blue opponents, but gives her more versatility in what she can survive since it increases her defenses against other colors. Triangle Adept lets her keep Quick Riposte up much longer against blue opponents, but reduces her effectiveness against other colors and makes her vulnerable to Cancel Affinity.

I have enough 5* healers for ~3 TTs, the HP treshold for QP shouldn't be problematic. In AA, ideally she would tank only 1 round from 1 unit. 

2 hours ago, Logos said:

Anyone know what a good B skill would be for my Ayra+2 +Def/-HP, keep in mind I don't have Wrath fodder at the moment.

Hide contents

FAmIK0h.png

Also which one is better to build up, +HP/-Atk Siegbert or +HP/-Spd Siegbert?

If you want to turn her into Ike/Ryoma, I would go with Quick Riposte rather than Vantage or Wrath so she will have the best possible performance in her first round of combat.

Attack bane is generally preferable to Speed bane on a Player Phase unit (unless the unit is super slow) as Attack can be patched somewhat by attacking twice, whereas Speed bane greatly reduces you ability to double which significantly lowers your damage output.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you want to turn her into Ike/Ryoma, I would go with Quick Riposte rather than Vantage or Wrath so she will have the best possible performance in her first round of combat.

Attack bane is generally preferable to Speed bane on a Player Phase unit (unless the unit is super slow) as Attack can be patched somewhat by attacking twice, whereas Speed bane greatly reduces you ability to double which significantly lowers your damage output.

Yeah I was thinking Quick Riposte would help her proc Regnal Astra plus a follow-up attack against high speed units, 2 if the opponent can double her somehow.

Also I guess -Atk could be patched up by having Siegbert run Swift Sparrow or L&D3 to double, but it just hurts (me) so much since his player phase Attack power is the best thing about him.

I wanted Katarina. I now have three Sigurds. Who wants Close Defense? Anybody, anyone at all, I don't even care. I just want to kill him to ease my suffering, but I don't want to just get feathers when he has such good fodder.

...Oh yeah, I should probably ask which one I should save, too. Two of them are +Atk/-Spd, somehow, but the other is +Spd/-HP. I almost think the latter is better, but I'm not certain.

Similar to beep above me I have ended up with excess of a character who has some decent skills to fodder this being lyn and the skill being gale force.
Second question would a -Atk, +Def Beruka work or does she need the atk 

@DefaultBeep From what I gather it isn't the ideal skill for 90% of units, I have seen Bulky Beruka builds that use it. Basically I think anyone tanky could use it but it is basically just inferior Steady Breath/Stance. That said it could be rather amusing to run double Counter builds on armours (like Sheena) to make them more obnoxius to kill. 

Edited by Mackc2

Just now, Vaximillian said:

@DefaultBeep @Mackc2: Actually, yes, I’d love to have excess Sigurds for my Beruka and Michalis at the very least. I’d love an Ike for Michalis for Heavy Blade more, but hey, Close Def is amazing too.

I have a Ike now ready to die for my Michalais I just need to have another Chrom show up because I really want him to get Aether, and I am still waiting for the right Beruka then I will kill Josh for CD

Just now, Mackc2 said:

Similar to beep above me I have ended up with excess of a character who has some decent skills to fodder this being lyn and the skill being gale force.

@DefaultBeep From what I gather it isn't the ideal skill for 90% of units, I have seen Bulky Beruka builds that use it. Basically I think anyone tanky could use it but it is basically just inferior Steady Breath/Stance. That said it could be rather amusing to run double Counter builds on armours (like Sheena) to make them more obnoxius to kill 

I hear that characters like Minerva, Michalis, and Eldigan can make some fun use out of Galeforce. Nephenee or anyone else with Wrath could be fun with it as well, although the +10 will be wasted on it (same with the extra effect for Minerva and Michalis, sadly).

Yeah, that's about what I expected unfortunately. On the bright side though, if there's no one that particularly wants it, then that means I can just give it to whatever dumb build I want! I may save one in case I get Tana, actually, since her weapon meshes slightly better with it than Steady Stance (because no distant bonus), but I'll have to look through my other units to see what other options there are. Thanks!