"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I have a ton of feathers. While I have to keep around 14,000 for some 3* units, I've got about 100k right now.

Naturally, I have no idea who to spend it on. I'll put what I already have up and what I'm considering as worth the upgrade. Or if I should go for merges, say so.

Hide contents

Red:

Alfonse, Alm (+Res/-HP), Gray (+Def/-Atk), Tobin, Ayra (Neutral), Lyn (+HP/-Def), Eirika (+Def/-Spd), Joshua, Ike (+Res/-Atk), Chrom (+HP/-Res), M!Marth, Arden, BK, Sigurd (+Atk/-HP), B!Roy (+HP/-Atk), Eliwood (+Spd/-Def), Xander, Elincia (+Def/-HP), Y!Tiki (+Def/-Atk), Arvis, Sanaki (+Spd/-Res), Witch Nowi (Neutral)

Blue:

Sharena, Fjorm (Neutral), Nephenee (+Spd/-Def), Azura (Neutral), Azura (+Def/-Atk), Camus, Clive, Peri (+Atk/-Spd), Hinoka (+Res/-Atk), Ninian (+Def/-Spd), M!Robin (+Atk/-Res), Springcina (+Res/-HP), Ursula

Green:

Anna, B!Ike (+Def/-Atk), Nohrzura (+Atk/-Res), Hector (Neutral), Titania (+Spd/-Def), Michalis, Sonya (+Atk/-Def), Julia (Neutral), SummElise (+Def/-HP), VampHenry (+Res/-Def), Bunnilla (+Res/-Spd)

Colourless:

Takumi (+HP/-Res), FrankenJakob (+Atk/-Def), B!Lyn (Neutral), Elise (), Mist ()

Hide contents

Red:

Ogma (+Atk/-Res), Athena (+Atk/-Res), Roy (+Spd/-Def), Lloyd, M!Corrin (+Spd/-Res), Hana (+Atk/-Res), Zephiel, Palla (+Atk/-Res), Seth (), Caeda (+Atk/-Def), Henry (+Atk/-Spd), Tharja (+Spd/-Res)

Blue:

Mathilda (+Spd/-Def), Oscar (+Spd/-Res/Def), Wendy (+Res/-Spd), Est (+Spd/-HP), Catria (+Spd/-HP), Valter, Cordelia (+Spd/-Def), Subaki (+Spd/-HP), Nowi (+Atk/-Def), F!Corrin (+Def/-Res), Mae (+Spd/-Def), Tailtiu (+Res/-Def)

Green:

Barst (+Atk/-HP), Legion, Sheena (+Def/-Spd), Frederick (+Def/-Res), Fae (+Atk/-Def), Cherche (+Atk/-HP), Camilla (+Atk/-Res), Merric (+Atk/-Res), Nino (+Spd/-Res), F!Robin, Cecilia (+Spd/-Def)

Colourless:

Clarisse, Klein (+Atk/-Spd), Rebecca (+Spd/-HP), Setsuna (+Spd/-Def), Saizo (+Atk/-Res), Kagero (+Spd/-HP), Lissa (+Spd/-Atk), Clarine (+Spd/-Res)

I am a fan of ranged units since they are generally so much easier to use in my opinion, especially for Arena Assault, so I would promote those first.

Tharja (+Spd/-Res)
Mae (+Spd/-Def)
Tailtiu (+Res/-Def) I would wait for a +Atk one though, although +Spd is fine too.
Merric (+Atk/-Res) I would give him Gronnblade rather than Dark Excalibur if you want him to be on offense. He can also be a good Raven mage with Bowbreaker; with HP +5 Sacred Seal and Quick Riposte, he can handle both BH!Lyn and Reinhardt, although he will be severely crippled.
Nino (+Spd/-Res)
F!Robin
Cecilia (+Spd/-Def): Speed boon is perfect for Gronnblade.
Clarisse: She is out classed by other archers, but if you need another Brave Bow user I would pick her.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

Dropping this here ~

Wrath is the best in my opinion. But, if you do not have that, I would go with Swordbreaker so she can neutralize enemy's Swordbreaker. I am not sure Guard will be too helpful outside her first round of combat.

Renewal works against her build. I do not think she has the Attack to pull off Vantage.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Since it didn't end up getting answered before: what would be a better boon/bane for Sigurd? I can choose between +Atk/-Spd and +Spd/-HP. I'm not sure if the massive increase in Spd is worth the drop in Atk and HP.

If you are using Sigurd offensively on Player Phase, Speed is better.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'd probably have promoted Klein already if he wasn't -Spd to be honest.

Cordelia is probably the one I'd be least likely to promote of these four on the basis that she's in a competitive field already, much as that +Spd is great on her.

Cecilia already has regular Gronnblade, and she would fit on a team quite well with all the horses I already have, probably promote her.

Fae's probably one I should just get on with as well, regardless of the lack of Lightning Breath fodder. She has TA inherited too, she'll be a great blue counter.

If you get a better Klein, you can fodder the old one to a +ATK Leon. But until then you'd have a good brave Archer, who you can use immediately and who only needs Swordbreaker, assist and C passive. 

Who competes with Cordelia? There is only -ATK Hinoka as the other blue Flier as far I can see. Fliers with Reposition are great in TTs, even on mixed movement type teams.  

16 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'll probably keep his base kit with just a changed Special and an Assist, at least for now. I might give him DC eventually, but there are a lot of other people who want the skill before he does, so it'll be a while before that ever happens. Horse Emblem will probably be the main place I use him, except for Tempest Trials I suppose, since I'd have to run a dancer and bonus unit as well.

I also would tend to +SPD like @XRay. Mine is of neutral offensive stats, but with summoner S support, so I'm used to have him double some of his opponents. 

Edited by mampfoid

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are using Sigurd offensively on Player Phase, Speed is better.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I also would tend to +SPD like @XRay. Mine is of neutral offensive stats, but with summoner S support, so I'm used to have him double some of his opponents. 

Alright, cool. I was leaning toward that as well, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a bad idea first. Shame that's not the one I already started to level up, but I'll still make do. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Who competes with Cordelia? There is only -ATK Hinoka as the other blue Flier as far I can see. Fliers with Reposition are great in TTs, even on mixed movement type teams.  

I was referring to some of the other options for promotion, but she is certainly one of the better choices.

What's the best Hauteclere upgrade for a +Atk -Def Minerva? I'm not convinced on the Wo Dao option so I'm leaning towards +Spd but I might ask for some opinions before I end up wasting my Divine Dew on something I might end up regretting.

30 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

What's the best Hauteclere upgrade for a +Atk -Def Minerva? I'm not convinced on the Wo Dao option so I'm leaning towards +Spd but I might ask for some opinions before I end up wasting my Divine Dew on something I might end up regretting.

On Minerva [+Atk], Speed Refinement is better. However, on a Minerva [+Spd], the special Refinement is better. I am assuming the rest of the skill set is [Luna, Life and Death, Axebreaker].

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

On Minerva [+Atk], Speed Refinement is better. However, on a Minerva [+Spd], the special Refinement is better. I am assuming the rest of the skill set is [Luna, Life and Death, Axebreaker].

All right! +Spd it is. She's pretty close to that, I use her exclusively on my Flier Emblem team so she has [Luna, Life and Death, Desperation, Goad] due to her access to both Hone and Fortify Fliers.

So, Ice Dragon needs to stop being so indecisive.

I'm about the pull the trigger on giving Mystery Tiki, Now, and Fae a Def refine on their Lightning Breath+. Is there any good reason not to do so?

Same with Ninian and a Spd refine.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm about the pull the trigger on giving Mystery Tiki, Now, and Fae a Def refine on their Lightning Breath+. Is there any good reason not to do so?

Which ones are using Triangle Adept? Steady Breath? Fury?

Mystery Tiki and Fae with a Res refine might be better since that's the advantage they have over other kindergartners. Nowi with a Def refine and Ninian with a Spd refine sounds good though.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Which ones are using Triangle Adept? Steady Breath? Fury?

Mystery Tiki and Fae with a Res refine might be better since that's the advantage they have over other kindergartners. Nowi with a Def refine and Ninian with a Spd refine sounds good though.

All of them use Triangle Adept.

Tiki is [+Spd, -HP]. Nowi is [+Atk, -Res]. Fae is [+Atk, -Def]. Ninian is [+Spd, -Res].

The main thoughts on giving Tiki a Def refine is to be able to take hits better from bows since she has the highest Def. Previously, I used Nowi for that job because Tiki didn't have the Atk to break through Lyn's Res, but that will no longer be a problem.

I don't really think Fae needs more Res since I don't use her often against green tomes. The biggest issue she faces is actually in PvE against Mathilda because Cancel Affinity is a bitch to deal with where I usually just have to switch to Nowi instead. Also, I've had a few Effies hit her for like 11 damage somehow. Maybe I didn't have Fortify Dragons up.

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I can’t speak to Tiki, Nowi, or Ninian, since I haven’t had a chance to look at them yet, but from the numbers I was looking at, Fae has a strong preference for the Def upgrade whether she’s running TA or Steady Breath (I didn’t look into other A Passives).

I can go back and look into the specifics if you’d like.

@Ice Dragon @XRay @MrSmokestack @DehNutCase

What are some good options for using the weapon upgrades in general?  I need more Mountain Dew for the Legendaries I want to upgrade, but apart from my Elise, no units I use use weapons that can actually be upgraded, and I'm suffering from indecision on who to upgrade.

I've thought about upgrading Tobin or Est for Armor killing, though Est's Def isn't the greatest for tanking armors.  Maybe Mathilda for Ridersbane, I need input.

EDIT: Is Mathilda just designed to kill Titania and Cecilia?  Hater

Edited by Rezzy

44 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What are some good options for using the weapon upgrades in general?  I need more Mountain Dew for the Legendaries I want to upgrade, but apart from my Elise, no units I use use weapons that can actually be upgraded, and I'm suffering from indecision on who to upgrade.

Mathilda and Ursula can have their weapons upgraded. Other than that, Killer and Armorsmasher are good too.

Now might be a good time to bust out your pitybreakers and get them pimped out.

34 minutes ago, Stylish said:

Potential noob question... but does Panic Ploy stack with Atk Ploy? ?

Yes. Panic Ploy reverses buffs while Atk Ploy decreases them further. They have separate effects.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Mathilda and Ursula can have their weapons upgraded. Other than that, Killer and Armorsmasher are good too.

Now might be a good time to bust out your pitybreakers and get them pimped out.

Yes. Panic Ploy reverses buffs while Atk Ploy decreases them further. They have separate effects.

Main pitybreaker Seliph needs Dew for his, sadly.

Thanks, I think I'll go for Mathilda.  I guess I'll go for the buff negating enhancement, since I'll probably use her for Arena Assault.

I wish I had a dragon besides Baby Tiki at 5*.  Lightning Breath looks really nice upgraded.

Now with new buffed breaths metagame, I feel like I should start promoting some of my dragons. That said i'm not exactly sure which one is ideal and which Breath upgrade to refine? Can anyone with more experience in Dragon Emblem help out?

here are my dragons-

Adult Tiki- +Atk/-Spd or +Atk/-Res. I have a feeling she wants Res for Julia/Deirdre though.

Nowi- +Def/-HP or +Def/-Spd. I guess i could patch up the bane with refinement? Or what would be the best Refining option for her?

Fae- +Res/-Def or +Res/-HP. Is Light Breath++ a good option for her? Or should I promote a Nowi for Lightning Breath++? I guess if I'm going Triangle Adept -HP is better?

Ninian- +Spd/-Atk. So far she only has normal Lightning Breath but would Light Breath++ be good on her? It'll br cheaper than promoting another Nowi. She also has Fury 2.

also i lack Roy fodders but have about 2 spare Cordelias so at best I can give some of them TA2. Fae already has it. Don't really have expensive fodder as well so things like Distant Counter or Steady Breath aren't options right now. QR level 2 is probably the most I can give them, too.

oh i also have a +spd/-res Corrin but i guess she's not as good as the others?

@Ice Dragon @XRay @MrSmokestack ?

Edited by mcsilas

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

@Ice Dragon @XRay @MrSmokestack @DehNutCase

I've thought about upgrading Tobin or Est for Armor killing, though Est's Def isn't the greatest for tanking armors.  Maybe Mathilda for Ridersbane, I need input.

EDIT: Is Mathilda just designed to kill Titania and Cecilia?  Hater

I merged a lot of my Gordins to 4*+10 and gave him Guard Bow and Bowbreaker.

I am still deciding what to do next, but here are my candidates for my second Refinement:
Sheena: Killer Axe > Slaying Axe > Defense (Most likely Sheena will be my second one since she is going to take over Hector's spot in my first Arena Assault team.)
F!Robin: Gronnwolf > Keen Gronnwolf > Special
Virion: Assassin's Bow > Guard Bow > Defense
Y!Tiki/Nowi/Fae: Lightning Breath > Defense/Resistance?

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Now with new buffed breaths metagame, I feel like I should start promoting some of my dragons. That said i'm not exactly sure which one is ideal and which Breath upgrade to refine? Can anyone with more experience in Dragon Emblem help out?

here are my dragons-

Adult Tiki- +Atk/-Spd or +Atk/-Res. I have a feeling she wants Res for Julia/Deirdre though.

Nowi- +Def/-HP or +Def/-Spd. I guess i could patch up the bane with refinement? Or what would be the best Refining option for her?

Fae- +Res/-Def or +Res/-HP. Is Light Breath++ a good option for her? Or should I promote a Nowi for Lightning Breath++? I guess if I'm going Triangle Adept -HP is better?

Ninian- +Spd/-Atk. So far she only has normal Lightning Breath but would Light Breath++ be good on her? It'll br cheaper than promoting another Nowi. She also has Fury 2.

also i lack Roy fodders but have about 2 spare Cordelias so at best I can give some of them TA2. Fae already has it. Don't really have expensive fodder as well so things like Distant Counter or Steady Breath aren't options right now. QR level 2 is probably the most I can give them, too.

@Ice Dragon @XRay @MrSmokestack ?

Just in case some weird Julia/Deirdre+10 runs [+Def, Armored Blow, Defense +3/HP +5], A!Tiki+0 needs her magic bulk intact, so I would run -Spd with Resistance Refinement. She absolutely needs Triangle Adept 3 to counter unorthodox Naga builds though.

I think Nowi needs her bulk, so I am leaning towards -Spd with Defense Refinement.

For Fae, I would go [+Res, -HP, Lightning Breath [Defense], Moonbow, Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte].

For Ninian, I would go Light Breath with Speed or Defense Refinement. She needs to avoid counterattacking as much as possible or else she will charge enemies' Special.

I do not think Distant Counter is necessary or good anymore with Lightning Breath-Steady Breath combo being a thing. As for Steady Breath, I think Triangle Adept works better in a dragon team.

Edited by XRay

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

I merged a lot of my Gordins to 4*+10 and gave him Guard Bow and Bowbreaker.

I am still deciding what to do next, but here are my candidates for my second Refinement:
Sheena: Killer Axe > Slaying Axe > Defense (Most likely Sheena will be my second one since she is going to take over Hector's spot in my first Arena Assault team.)
F!Robin: Gronnwolf > Keen Gronnwolf > Special
Virion: Assassin's Bow > Guard Bow > Defense
Y!Tiki/Nowi/Fae: Lightning Breath > Defense/Resistance?

Just in case some weird Julia/Deirdre+10 runs [+Def, Armored Blow, Defense +3/HP +5], A!Tiki+0 needs her magic bulk intact, so I would run -Spd with Resistance Refinement. She absolutely needs Triangle Adept 3 to counter unorthodox Naga builds though.

I think Nowi needs her bulk, so I am leaning towards -Spd with Defense Refinement.

For Fae, I would go [+Res, -HP, Lightning Breath [Defense], Moonbow, Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte].

For Ninian, I would go Light Breath with Speed or Defense Refinement. She needs to avoid counterattacking as much as possible or else she will charge enemies' Special.

I do not think Distant Counter is necessary or good anymore with Lightning Breath-Steady Breath combo being a thing. As for Steady Breath, I think Triangle Adept works better in a dragon team.

Thanks, I'm looking for options that don't require 20K or more feathers.  Tobin might be my next one.  I use him for Arena Assault.  I went and upgraded Mathilda.

I'd like to make my Fae or Tiki buffed up, but that would need a 20K and a Nowi to sacrifice.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks, I'm looking for options that don't require 20K or more feathers.  Tobin might be my next one.  I use him for Arena Assault.  I went and upgraded Mathilda.

I'd like to make my Fae or Tiki buffed up, but that would need a 20K and a Nowi to sacrifice.

What's with your Ursula? With it's forged version, Blarwolf became a nice alternative to Blarblade. 

@MrSmokestack @LordFrigid I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Tiki with 52/49/39/42/35 (Summoner S), Nowi with 54/53/31/38/27, and Fae with 55/52/32/30/34 is kind of unreal.

I want to get Squad Ace D 3 upgraded so Ninian can have her righteous 51/40/46/27/27, but that's probably going to have to wait until after I get Ayra her Speed +3.

Elise is next, followed by Awakening Tiki.

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Dragons. Troubadours. Keen Litrwolf. Slaying weapons.

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

here are my dragons-

oh i also have a +spd/-res Corrin but i guess she's not as good as the others?

Dragon Emblem very much prefers Triangle Adept because it really likes to keep Quick Riposte intact, and Nowi and Tiki are somewhat required to use it to check Falchion and Naga. You can mitigate some of the risk by running three dragons and one other, such as Fjorm or a staff user.

Awakening Tiki prefers [+Atk, -Spd]. She's slow enough that keeping her Spd intact doesn't help all that much, and Triangle Adept is absolutely necessary for stopping Naga. Tiki is capable of one-hit killing Julia and Deirdre on player phase due to their low physical bulk, but a Res refine can help tank some of that damage on enemy phase. If for whatever reason you don't need to tank Julia or Deirdre on enemy phase, a Def refine is also a good choice.

It's a bit unfortunate that you don't have a +Atk Nowi since Nowi is right one the edge of one-hit killing a lot of the most threatening red units. I suppose I'd lean a bit more towards [+Def, -Spd], but i'm not too confident in that choice. I'd also lean towards a Def refine, even with the +Def nature, but Atk might also be a decent choice.

On Triangle Adept users, -HP is typically more forgiving than -Def or -Res unless you need to deal with effective weapons, which Fae typically doesn't need to do since there are no blue dragon-effective weapons. -Def is also plenty viable enough if you have Fortify Dragons to make up for it. A Def refine probably makes the most sense.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

She needs to avoid counterattacking as much as possible or else she will charge enemies' Special.

That's what Guard is for.

Whose the best user of Firesweep Bow+ besides Bridelia (would prefer to keep running Brave Bow+ as long as I can)? My current 5* archers are Innes (+Res -HP), Brave Lyn (+Res -HP), Leon (+Atk -Spd), and Rebecca (+Def -Res), and I have a +Atk -Res Setsuna at 3*.

Alternatively, I could also not give anyone the Firesweep Bow+ because Faye is +Atk -Res which while not -Spd is still better than anything it could have been, opt for another (weaker albeit) Brave Bow+ user using my upcoming 20k feathers and one of three Kleins, and simply enjoy having another Brave Bow... but Faye doesn't have that much Atk even with +Atk and the only reason I can think to go this route is because I wanna say I have a Faye and not that I got a Faye and gave her bow to someone else.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Whose the best user of Firesweep Bow+ besides Bridelia (would prefer to keep running Brave Bow+ as long as I can)? My current 5* archers are Innes (+Res -HP), Brave Lyn (+Res -HP), Leon (+Atk -Spd), and Rebecca (+Def -Res), and I have a +Atk -Res Setsuna at 3*.

Alternatively, I could also not give anyone the Firesweep Bow+ because Faye is +Atk -Res which while not -Spd is still better than anything it could have been, opt for another (weaker albeit) Brave Bow+ user using my upcoming 20k feathers and one of three Kleins, and simply enjoy having another Brave Bow... but Faye doesn't have that much Atk even with +Atk and the only reason I can think to go this route is because I wanna say I have a Faye and not that I got a Faye and gave her bow to someone else.

Brave Lyn is great because of Horse Buffs and better reach- arguably better than Bridelia.

@XRay @Ice Dragon Okay thanks for the suggestions! I'm not exactly going to put them together in one whole team yet so it's not exactly Dragon Emblem exclusive but it does give me a good idea of what to use.

I think Adult Tiki would be more of a hybrid/general purpose dragon though since she checks Brave Lyn well. I guess Quick Riposte is still better than Bowbreaker if I want to use her against Brave Lyn? (Would +Res Lightning Breath forge still be okay against Brave Lyn or should I up her Def or Atk then?) 

I'm thinking of mixing A!Tiki and/or Nowi with my armor team so Fae might be the last to be built. Usually Black Knight would take care of Deirdre/Julia so yeah sort of leaning to Def/Atk refine right now.

Do dragons usually score better than armors?

I think I will go LIght Breath forge on Ninian then. Thanks X-ray, it's the cheapest option anyway and I will need some Divine Dew sooner than later anyway. Now the choice is whether I should refine +Spd Minerva's weapon or Ephraim's weapon first.

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

What's with your Ursula? With it's forged version, Blarwolf became a nice alternative to Blarblade. 

I run Blarblade on her.