"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

On 12/8/2017 at 10:42 PM, Ice Dragon said:

That's what Guard is for.

I think I run her default Escape Route so she runs away in case she survives an attack since she is a bit fragile in my opinion.

On 12/9/2017 at 4:42 AM, Clogon said:

Who should I give CC to? H!Jakob seems like the best canditate since H!Henry is relatively fragile compared to him and S!Camilla (who will be TA Raven).

I prefer to give TOD!Jakob Death Blow, or even Life and Death if he is +Atk/Spd, to abuse Brave Bow-Armor March-Hone Armor buff.

If he uses Close Counter, TOD!Jakob needs to run Wary Fighter or maybe Guard or else Brave/fast melee units will reduce him back into pieces. He is super slow, so it is not difficult for other units to double or quad attack him.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having trouble with my shiro (+def -spd) cuz while he's a total brick wall that got me through all of micalis' battles he can't double anyone other than like. Armor emblems, and I do have a brave lance+ unit lying around that I do nothing with but idk if that's a good idea? Shiros weapon is so good for defense but since he's already +def idk if anyone has advice id love it ???

4 minutes ago, PrincePrimrose said:

I'm having trouble with my shiro (+def -spd) cuz while he's a total brick wall that got me through all of micalis' battles he can't double anyone other than like. Armor emblems, and I do have a brave lance+ unit lying around that I do nothing with but idk if that's a good idea? Shiros weapon is so good for defense but since he's already +def idk if anyone has advice id love it ???

There is one skill that'll fix your problem. It's called Quick Riposte and it's best sources are Klein and Subaki. Basically, it would allow Shiro to double when attacked, even with lower speed.

Edited by Poimagic

Just now, Poimagic said:

There isn't one skill that'll fix your problem. It's called Quick Riposte and it's best sources are Klein and Subaru. Basically, it would allow Shiro to double when attacked, even with lower speed.

Thank you! I'll be sure to use future Klein's for him instead of sacrificing brave bow+ to my stronger archers ???

On 12/7/2017 at 5:39 PM, Kaoxt said:

Would you guys go with a DC Brave Ike or Steady Breath? I have been seeing a lot of DC in arena.

Can't decide between the two as well as my C slot. I have been experimenting Atk Smoke 3.

Imo steady breath is so good that he'll survive most hits with steady breath anyway  so if ur gonna give dc to anyone don't waste it on him lol (his res isn't great either so the only people he would be able to counter well would be archers)

45 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think I run her default Escape Route so she runs away in case she survives an attack since she is a bit fragile in my opinion.

I prefer to give TOD!Jakob Death Blow, or even Life and Death if he is +Atk/Spd, to abuse Brave Bow-Armor March-Hone Armor buff.

If he uses Close Counter, TOD!Jakob needs to run Wary Fighter or maybe Guard or else Brave/fast melee units will reduce him back into pieces. He is super slow, so it is not difficult for other units to double or quad attack him.

I agree with H!Jakob. Mine is +Def so I don't think he needs Wary. With CD Seal, 1 Ward and Def bow refine, he gets 51 def. With his slow SPD, QR will help him kill almost anything with a 3 CD special.

I am also torn between which bow to give him and what to do with my spare Jakob's. Monterous Bow isn't that good on him with the CC build. Guard Bow is amazing but so is Slayer's bow. I kinda regret not giving him a Cupid's Arrow when I had the chance. I hope Bride Cordelia comes back again...

6 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Does a bigger friend list give you more points in the voting gauntlet? 

No.

52 minutes ago, PrincePrimrose said:

Thank you! I'll be sure to use future Klein's for him instead of sacrificing brave bow+ to my stronger archers ???

I would rather kill Subaki since he is more common. If you really need Quick Riposte 3, I would just promote Subaki instead of waiting for 5* Klein to come around.

Unless you indifferent or like to pull colorless like me, most players generally avoid colorless to avoid the flood of staff healers, although that attitude might have changed since staff healers got a recent upgrade.

37 minutes ago, Clogon said:

I agree with H!Jakob. Mine is +Def so I don't think he needs Wary. With CD Seal, 1 Ward and Def bow refine, he gets 51 def. With his slow SPD, QR will help him kill almost anything with a 3 CD special.

I am also torn between which bow to give him and what to do with my spare Jakob's. Monterous Bow isn't that good on him with the CC build. Guard Bow is amazing but so is Slayer's bow. I kinda regret not giving him a Cupid's Arrow when I had the chance. I hope Bride Cordelia comes back again...

Be wary of Mia and Nephenee though, since they can still butcher TOD!Jakob with [+Atk, Moonbow/Luna, Life and Death]. Factoring in Sacred Seals (or merges or both), then a flood of characters can break through that setup, especially if they run Wrath.

Edited by XRay

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I think Adult Tiki would be more of a hybrid/general purpose dragon though since she checks Brave Lyn well. I guess Quick Riposte is still better than Bowbreaker if I want to use her against Brave Lyn? (Would +Res Lightning Breath forge still be okay against Brave Lyn or should I up her Def or Atk then?) 

The toughest Lyn build to deal with is Brave Bow+, Moonbow, and Quickened Pulse since she'll be able to hit you with two Moonbows before you can land your second counterattack. If you can't run Steady Breath (which would allow you to hit Lyn with Bonfire on your first counterattack), you should run the numbers with a Def refine to see if it's necessary to survive. Either way, you definitely want the Distant Def seal for this.

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Do dragons usually score better than armors?

Armors score 1 point higher than dragons per armor (after bonus multiplier). Trainee armors are worth 0.5 points higher than regular armors, and trainee dragons are worth 0.5 points higher than regular dragons.

1 hour ago, Prince Endriu said:

what would currently be the best nowi IV/build. I have run into this monster and got destroyed - 

Nowi [+Atk/Def, -HP/Res] (Lightning Breath+ [Def/Res], Bonfire, Steady Breath, Quick Riposte) is currently Nowi's best all-purpose build for the AI to use if score is not a consideration. I think.

59 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Does a bigger friend list give you more points in the voting gauntlet? 

Only the first 10 friends count for additional points. Anything after that doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Be wary of Mia and Nephenee though, since they can still butcher TOD!Jakob with [+Atk, Moonbow/Luna, Life and Death]. Factoring in Sacred Seals (or merges or both), then a flood of characters can break through that setup, especially if they run Wrath.

That is what Effie is for. He only really needs to survive and kill 1 unit. Killing on counter is better than risking a WoM reinforcement. Given that, I will give him Slayer bow to guarantee a kill. I kinda wish he was -SPD+RES to handle dragons easier.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Only the first 10 friends count for additional points. Anything after that doesn't matter.

Oh wow...I've participated in two Voting Gauntlets all the way so far and I never actually realized this.

Is Glimmer a better idea for builds that use TA 3 since the damage is usually very high on the units, almost enough to deplete entire HP bars? I ask this because I am currently running a Gronnraven 4*+10 Cecilia with TA 3, with Bowbreaker, and was wondering what Special would be best for her.

59 minutes ago, Logos said:

Is Glimmer a better idea for builds that use TA 3 since the damage is usually very high on the units, almost enough to deplete entire HP bars? I ask this because I am currently running a Gronnraven 4*+10 Cecilia with TA 3, with Bowbreaker, and was wondering what Special would be best for her.

I run Glimmer on my 4* +10 Gronnraven Cecilia and I think it's the best of both worlds in terms of raw damage and faster cool down :)

Edited by Stylish

I'm a bit undecided on what to give my +Atk Maria with the new healer buffs.

Should I be sticking with her native Panic+ or should I give her Slow+ or Fear+ for the extra power? If the second option, I do have a Clarine I can upgrade for Fear, but just in general what's the better debuff, Slow or Fear?

I might give her Speed+3 seal as well so she's "+Spd". She also has Atk+3 for A slot

@DefaultBeep you built a Maria right?

Edited by mcsilas

On 9-12-2017 at 5:42 PM, Prince Endriu said:

@Ice Dragon what would currently be the best nowi IV/build. I have run into this monster and got destroyed - 

Screenshot_2017-12-09-17-27-43.thumb.png.c35aca1e22ddc0f73d4be151d1608b20.png

What would be the best IV's for this? I'm thinking of building it, but I'm wondering what would be best (-SPD +ATK or +SPD -HP) from the ones I have.

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

What would be the best IV's for this? I'm thinking of building it, but I'm wondering what would be best (-SPD +ATK or +SPD -HP) from the ones I have.

I am thinking about that too. Honestly I suppose +def might be quite interesting. Unfortunately I dont have that IV.

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I'm a bit undecided on what to give my +Atk Maria with the new healer buffs.

Should I be sticking with her native Panic+ or should I give her Slow+ or Fear+ for the extra power? If the second option, I do have a Clarine I can upgrade for Fear, but just in general what's the better debuff, Slow or Fear?

I might give her Speed+3 seal as well so she's "+Spd". She also has Atk+3 for A slot

@DefaultBeep you built a Maria right?

Sorry I'm a bit late, but I am indeed building her currently. As long as she's either +Atk with neutral Spd or +Spd with neutral Atk, then you should be good to build her. I'm gonna assume you're looking for an offense-oriented build, since her desired skills are a bit different otherwise.

Honestly, the staff is a bit up to personal preference for which effect you're more interested in. I gave her Gravity+ because I find the effect fun, and I already had an Elise with max HM lying around. Fear+ and Slow+ are noticeable for having 12 Mt compared to the 10 or 11 of most other options, but it's not a huge difference if you care more about the effect than the Mt. I would personally give her Fear+ over Slow+, since the Atk debuff sounds a bit more helpful overall, but it comes down mostly to personal preference again.

If she's +Atk, either give her Atk+3 in the A slot and Spd+3 for a Seal, or swap those two around if you'd rather give her the Atk+3 Seal. I believe that Atk/Spd+2 is actually the best A slot for her regardless of boon/bane, but that of course requires killing a Nephenee for something other than Wrath, which might not be something you're willing to do/able to do at all.

14 hours ago, Logos said:

The way I see it, Glimmer exists to turn two-hit kills into one-hit kills, whereas Moonbow is there to turn three-hit kills into two-hit kills.

For units that target Res and use Triangle Adept, I want to say Glimmer would be better than Moonbow due to the fact that you don't really care about the match-ups where you weren't doing much damage to begin with.

3 minutes ago, Kaoxt said:

What is your guys opinion on best IV for Soren and what tome to give him? I assume Rexcaliur upgraded may be best option for him now?

I have a +Atk/-hp and +Spd/-def Soren.

I've seen lots of really good Soren builds. @DarkLordIvy is the Soren expert as far as I know. :3 I think +SPD -DEF is one of the best natures for him. I currently run +ATK -DEF because I don't have a +SPD copy, and he does really well with Gronnblade+, Draconic Aura, Darting Blow 3, and Green Tomebreaker.  A +SPD copy could probably run a similar build with Fury 3 instead of Darting Blow 3 and Desperation instead of Green Tomebreaker.

Rexcalibur+ also seems pretty solid. It doesn't have any special effects, but you can boost one of his stats for relatively cheap compared to the feather investment of other tomes. I've also seen a Keen Gronnwolf Soren who absolutely wrecks horses. If you've been having trouble with them, that might be a good option...but also it's pretty expensive.

10 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I've seen lots of really good Soren builds. @DarkLordIvy is the Soren expert as far as I know. :3 I think +SPD -DEF is one of the best natures for him. I currently run +ATK -DEF because I don't have a +SPD copy, and he does really well with Gronnblade+, Draconic Aura, Darting Blow 3, and Green Tomebreaker.  A +SPD copy could probably run a similar build with Fury 3 instead of Darting Blow 3 and Desperation instead of Green Tomebreaker.

Rexcalibur+ also seems pretty solid. It doesn't have any special effects, but you can boost one of his stats for relatively cheap compared to the feather investment of other tomes. I've also seen a Keen Gronnwolf Soren who absolutely wrecks horses. If you've been having trouble with them, that might be a good option...but also it's pretty expensive.

Thanks! I was thinking the +Atk may be better, but glad to know the +Spd one works best. Maybe add a speed seal to help him catch up with Nino? I have enough to spare with feathers. 

So Gronnblade+ is best option? Hopefully @DarkLordIvy can chime in!

Edited by Kaoxt

11 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Am I considered a Soren expert? Ha! I don't know if I'm an expert but I think my crusade to make Soren good has been pretty successful.

Spoiler

image.png

@Kaoxt Both of those natures are fantastic for Soren. I personally run a +atk/-def but +spd is in general considered the best nature unless I would say if you were planning on running him with watersweep, in which case +atk would probably be better just to have more firepower for oneshotting. That said I really like +atk on Soren so if I ever pull a Soren that's +spd/-def/-hp I'm really not sure which I would keep.

Gronnblade+ is still the best weapon for him or really any green nuke because he just kills everything. Refined Rexcalibur+ is quiet good now too though as ether a budget build or just to have more options, I've actually been running it over Gronnblade the past couple of weeks for more arena points and it has been working just fine. Definitely go with the speed buff no matter what nature you pick for refining though.
Aria's build suggestion is pretty much what I would suggest although Fury will work just as well on +atk or +spd. The best standard build no matter which nature you go with if you use Gronnblade or Rexcalibur will probably be Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang/Iceburg, Fury, Desperation. You could also run him with Gronnraven+ with T-adept and bowbreaker for maximum Rein and bLyn countering, it works surprisingly well in spite of his abysmal def. I really can't speak for Keen Gronnwolf Soren since I haven't had a chance to upgrade fRobin for him yet, but the number of people I've seen running it in the gauntlet rankings can't be all wrong.

I hope this block of text was coherent, I'm getting pretty tired tonight. :U

3 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Am I considered a Soren expert? Ha! I don't know if I'm an expert but I think my crusade to make Soren good has been pretty successful.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

@Kaoxt Both of those natures are fantastic for Soren. I personally run a +atk/-def but +spd is in general considered the best nature unless I would say if you were planning on running him with watersweep, in which case +atk would probably be better just to have more firepower for oneshotting. That said I really like +atk on Soren so if I ever pull a Soren that's +spd/-def/-hp I'm really not sure which I would keep.

Gronnblade+ is still the best weapon for him or really any green nuke because he just kills everything. Refined Rexcalibur+ is quiet good now too though as ether a budget build or just to have more options, I've actually been running it over Gronnblade the past couple of weeks for more arena points and it has been working just fine. Definitely go with the speed buff no matter what nature you pick for refining though.
Aria's build suggestion is pretty much what I would suggest although Fury will work just as well on +atk or +spd. The best standard build no matter which nature you go with if you use Gronnblade or Rexcalibur will probably be Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang/Iceburg, Fury, Desperation. You could also run him with Gronnraven+ with T-adept and bowbreaker for maximum Rein and bLyn countering, it works surprisingly well in spite of his abysmal def. I really can't speak for Keen Gronnwolf Soren since I haven't had a chance to upgrade fRobin for him yet, but the number of people I've seen running it in the gauntlet rankings can't be all wrong.

I hope this block of text was coherent, I'm getting pretty tired tonight. :U

Thank you for your insight! Helped a lot :)