"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Am I considered a Soren expert? Ha! I don't know if I'm an expert but I think my crusade to make Soren good has been pretty successful.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

@Kaoxt Both of those natures are fantastic for Soren. I personally run a +atk/-def but +spd is in general considered the best nature unless I would say if you were planning on running him with watersweep, in which case +atk would probably be better just to have more firepower for oneshotting. That said I really like +atk on Soren so if I ever pull a Soren that's +spd/-def/-hp I'm really not sure which I would keep.

Gronnblade+ is still the best weapon for him or really any green nuke because he just kills everything. Refined Rexcalibur+ is quiet good now too though as ether a budget build or just to have more options, I've actually been running it over Gronnblade the past couple of weeks for more arena points and it has been working just fine. Definitely go with the speed buff no matter what nature you pick for refining though.
Aria's build suggestion is pretty much what I would suggest although Fury will work just as well on +atk or +spd. The best standard build no matter which nature you go with if you use Gronnblade or Rexcalibur will probably be Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang/Iceburg, Fury, Desperation. You could also run him with Gronnraven+ with T-adept and bowbreaker for maximum Rein and bLyn countering, it works surprisingly well in spite of his abysmal def. I really can't speak for Keen Gronnwolf Soren since I haven't had a chance to upgrade fRobin for him yet, but the number of people I've seen running it in the gauntlet rankings can't be all wrong.

I hope this block of text was coherent, I'm getting pretty tired tonight. :U

Thank you for your insight! Helped a lot :)

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Am I considered a Soren expert? Ha! I don't know if I'm an expert but I think my crusade to make Soren good has been pretty successful.

Haha! I mean I consider you the Soren expert at least. XD I think you've had the most builds for Soren out of everyone I've seen. So I guess that counts for something...maybe. XD I mean I built my Soren based off of yours.

3 minutes ago, Kaoxt said:

@Rafiel's Aria @DarkLordIvy would a +Atk / -hp work just as well as -def?

I'm sure it's just fine. DEF is probably his worst stat (that he won't use much anyway), so I think it's considered the best bane overall. But HP isn't a bad bane. It's better than -RES since he has pretty decent RES to begin with.

9 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Haha! I mean I consider you the Soren expert at least. XD I think you've had the most builds for Soren out of everyone I've seen. So I guess that counts for something...maybe. XD I mean I built my Soren based off of yours.

Well glad to see my tactic of T R Y  E V E R Y T H I N G has payed off for more than just me ha! :p

Just now, Kaoxt said:

@Rafiel's Aria @DarkLordIvy would a +Atk / -hp work just as well as -def?

Yeah I think that should be fine, he might be a bit more fragile taking magic hits but he should work just as well.

Hey guys!

May I get some good tips for progressing through FE Heroes? Right now I've gotten a few lv 40 units, but I don't know how I should approach the inheritance system? Are there specific maps I should grind my lv 40 units for SP? What units should I use for passing skill inheritance?    
Currently, my team consist of Brave Lucina, Hector, Tharja, and Lachesis. Lucina is my main unit who's always the backbone of the team with providing passive stat supports. Hector is just a damn great tank with distance counter. Tharja just snipe from distance. Lachesis is a filler staff user for healing purposes.   
What changes should I make to the team to make them stronger?   

Here is my current team and the available roster. https://imgur.com/gallery/kZtlx

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 hour ago, YTakumiY said:

May I get some good tips for progressing through FE Heroes?

Just keep on doing things on Story Maps; if you have done all of them on Normal mode, I would try to finish Hard and do some on Lunatic. You will get more Orbs for summoning and the story maps on higher difficulty levels will ease you into the competitive Arena modes.

However, do NOT complete any of the Chain Challenges on NORMAL. You need these incomplete to grind for SP. Feel free to complete everything else though, including Chain Challenges on Hard and Lunatic.

3 hours ago, YTakumiY said:

Are there specific maps I should grind my lv 40 units for SP?

Do normal Chain Challenges on Normal, but when you get to the tenth map, REMEMBER TO SURRENDER SO IT STAYS INCOMPLETE.

Right now I've gotten a few lv 40 units, but I don't know how I should approach the inheritance system?

3 hours ago, YTakumiY said:

What units should I use for passing skill inheritance?

Here is my current team and the available roster. https://imgur.com/gallery/kZtlx

Keep at least one copy of each unit.

Favorite all your 2* units as they have neutral natures. They have a specific stat spread that you will need in order to copy strategy videos on YouTube; using units with other natures causes them to have different stat spreads that may change the AI's movement. I would dig through your 3* units and favorite any with neutral natures too. If you have a 3* neutral version and 2* neutral version of the same unit, I would prioritize the saving 2* version since it is easier for them to accumulate a little more SP.

Now that you have saved all your important units, you should try out the inheritance system. If you are afraid of screwing up or something, then I suggest trying skill inheritance with healers and dagger units first since they are generally inconsequential game play wise. Just remember to keep at least one copy of each unit.

Here is a list of the best skills, with the ones in bold and underlined being the rarest and/or having the highest demand. You can go to Gamepress to check out the list of skills, and if go to the skill's page, you will find who has that skill. Normally, I would also recommend using the Wiki or Kagero Chart, but the Wiki is experiencing technical difficulties and Kagero Chart still needs to be updated.

Spoiler

Weapon:

Spoiler

Slaying Edge
Wo Dao
Firesweep Sword

Slaying Lance
Firesweep Lance

Slaying Axe
Firesweep Axe (This is actually not in the game yet, but I would watch out for it when they release it.)

Brave Bow
Assassin's Bow (This bow itself is not very useful, but you can Refine it into Guard Bow that is super useful.)
Firesweep Bow
Poison Dagger
Rauðrblade
Blárblade
Gronnblade

Assist:

Spoiler

Reposition
Rally "Stat"/"Stat"

Special:

Spoiler

Moonbow
Luna
Aether

A:

Spoiler

Life and Death
Swift Sparrow
Death Blow
Fury
Triangle Adept
Steady Breath
Distant Counter

B:

Spoiler

Desperation
Cancel Affinity
Bowbreaker
Quick Riposte
Wings of Mercy
Wrathful Staff

C:

Spoiler

Hone Attack
Hone Speed
Attack Tactic
Speed Tactic (This is actually not in the game yet, but I would watch out for it when they release it.)

Spur Attack
Spur Speed
Drive Attack
Drive Speed

Hone Cavalry

Fortify Cavalry
Hone Flier
Fortify Flier

4 hours ago, YTakumiY said:

What changes should I make to the team to make them stronger?   

This is a bit more subjective, since it depends on your play style. I would focus on using ranged nukes (e.g.: Tharja), Dancers/Singers (e.g.: Olivia), and dragons (e.g.: Fae). I would bench most melee units.

Personally, I abhor all melee units with some exceptions.
Dancers/Singers: Azura, PA!Azura, Ninian, Olivia
Loli Dragons: Fae, Nowi, Y!Tiki
Falchion Medic: Lucina
SP Grinding: Gray, YS!Robin, YS!Tiki

I tried to edit my post, but it will not let me. It keeps telling me that the post has been deleted, moved, or it was too old. Hence Galeforce.

@YTakumiY I made a mistake as I completely forgot about 1* units. The paragraph should be this:

Favorite all your 1* or 2* units as they have neutral natures. They have a specific stat spread that you will need in order to copy strategy videos on YouTube; using units with other natures causes them to have different stat spreads that may change the AI's movement. I would dig through your 3* units and favorite any with neutral natures too. If you have a 3*, 2*, and 1* neutral version of the same unit, I would prioritize saving the 1* version since it is easier for them to accumulate a little more SP.

I'm thinking about promoting Palla to 5-star, since she's the only Whitewing I don't have as a 5-star yet. I have a +Atk/-HP and a +Spd/-Res for options; which one would be better? And are there any other skills that she'd like to have, or is she better off just running her default weapon?

Out of Slaying Edge, Wo Dao, and Brave Sword, which would a +Spd/-Res Hana like? I was initially going to give her BB but a +Atk one sounds a little better. Then I was thinking she might want Wo Dao to go with Moonbow and Desperation(if that is a thing). If Wo Do(also which refinement?) is better, would she like Fury over LnD for the extra bulk? Is 55 physical bulk post LnD a passable benchmark if she is forced to take a hit? 

Edited by tobuShogi

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm thinking about promoting Palla to 5-star, since she's the only Whitewing I don't have as a 5-star yet. I have a +Atk/-HP and a +Spd/-Res for options; which one would be better? And are there any other skills that she'd like to have, or is she better off just running her default weapon?

[+Atk, -HP] is better with her default set with Axebreaker. [+Spd] is for Firesweep. I think [+Atk, -Res] is the best for general Player Phase offense with Brave Sword or Slaying Edge/Wo Dao [Speed].

Many questions.

Spoiler

~Out of the 3 Soleils, which is the best? +Atk -Spd, +Res -HP, and pure Neutral. I was thinking +Res -HP since it's a max level BST boost, but still.

~What units would want a Firesweep Sword+  most? I have a +Spd -Res Cain that might like the sword after I get him LnD3 somehow.

~Would Eldigan benefit from Fury 6 with a +Spd -Atk nature?

~Would anyone want a Silver Lance+ that can't inherit it naturally?

~What kind of unit would want Blárowl+?

~Can Klein function somehow with a +Spd -HP nature? It might be workable if he gives up his Brave Bow+ for something else...

~Who would want a Slaying Bow+?

~What kind of skill would a Firesweep user want as their B Skill? For reference, the unit would be a +Spd -Res Catria.

~I'm still trying to decide what I wanna do with my Faye... Brave Lyn might like it, but it's a pretty sharp decrease to her speed outside of Horse Emblem...

~Can healers, specifically Genny, run +Atk natures now that they can run Wrathful Staff?

~Should I consider it a message that 3 of my archers have a +Res -HP nature?

Edited by Xenomata

3 hours ago, XRay said:

[+Atk, -HP] is better with her default set with Axebreaker. [+Spd] is for Firesweep. I think [+Atk, -Res] is the best for general Player Phase offense with Brave Sword or Slaying Edge/Wo Dao [Speed].

Hm, alright. I'll have to decide what I want her to eventually do, then. Thanks!

Not so much an informational inquiry as looking for help with indecisiveness: who should I write a FEH analysis for next between Lyn, Sophia, Valter, and Summer Tiki?

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Not so much an informational inquiry as looking for help with indecisiveness: who should I write a FEH analysis for next between Lyn, Sophia, Valter, and Summer Tiki?

Objectively, Sophia, because she's the most accessible.

Subjectively, Valter, because I'm kinda thinking about raising that one.

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

That is an easy decision. I like waifus with huge melons.

9 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Objectively, Sophia, because she's the most accessible.

Subjectively, Valter, because I'm kinda thinking about raising that one.

Sophia it is then! I can offer my personal suggestions for Valter right now so you don't have to wait on that haha. 

For low-budget Valter, Darting Blow, Luna, and Cursed Lance are all great and his B-slot is quite flexible; Escape Route and Vantage synergize really well with his lance, Lancebreaker lets him pick up some extra coverage on Effie and faster lancers, and Desperation.... ...is kinda overrated on him IMO since he's not actually THAT fast, I wouldn't super recommend it but you can if you want. C-slot is Threaten Defense or your choice of buff.

He can also run a set with Fury + Desperation, but as mentioned he doesn't hit that much speed so unless you're triple-Goading him I wouldn't super recommend it. Bonfire or Vengeance for the proc (since he's gonna get real low on HP real fast lol). 

For high-budget Valter, you gotta go with Heavy Blade and Aether, they go so well with just about everything about his weapon. Slap an Atk+3 seal on there along with Quick Riposte and he's procing Aether every round on melee defense when he gets outsped, and gets even more terrifying with multiple Goad Fliers backing him up. 

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is an easy decision. I like waifus with huge melons.

You think you're funny, don't you. 

Edited by BANRYU

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

Sophia it is then! I can offer my personal suggestions for Valter right now so you don't have to wait on that haha. 

For low-budget Valter, Darting Blow, Luna, and Cursed Lance are all great and his B-slot is quite flexible; Escape Route and Vantage synergize really well with his lance, Lancebreaker lets him pick up some extra coverage on Effie and faster lancers, and Desperation.... ...is kinda overrated on him IMO since he's not actually THAT fast, I wouldn't super recommend it but you can if you want. C-slot is Threaten Defense or your choice of buff.

For high-budget Valter, you gotta go with Heavy Blade and Aether, they go so well with just about everything about his weapon. Slap an Atk+3 seal on there along with Quick Riposte and he's procing Aether every round on melee defense when he gets outsped, and gets even more terrifying with multiple Goad Fliers backing him up. 

You think you're funny, don't you. 

Well, I guess more melons for me then!

8 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

As cool as a Valter zooming around the field with Escape Route sounds, I don't see him doing that often, so I might wind up giving him Lancebreaker so I can 1v1 Ephraims in Arena Assault. Something to keep in mind if I ever need a more offensive blue flier than Tana in a GHB or something, and I'll probably try and throw a Cecilia his way.

(Valter's not high priority, but I don't really have any more high priority targets. Maybe Nowi, but a Magvel character sounds good, and an offensive blue flier that's not Florina/Clair trying their best is as good a place to start as any.)

EDIT: What I should probably specify is that I don't see him being on a team of units often- he can't Escape Route if he's got nowhere to Escape to. But anything outside Arena Assault, and it suddenly sounds more likely- especially if I decide to put him in something like a Tempest. That sounds fun.

Edited by bethany81707

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

As cool as a Valter zooming around the field with Escape Route sounds, I don't see him doing that often, so I might wind up giving him Lancebreaker so I can 1v1 Ephraims in Arena Assault. Something to keep in mind if I ever need a more offensive blue flier than Tana in a GHB or something, and I'll probably try and throw a Cecilia his way.

(Valter's not high priority, but I don't really have any more high priority targets. Maybe Nowi, but a Magvel character sounds good, and an offensive blue flier that's not Florina/Clair trying their best is as good a place to start as any.)

If you prefer! Though indecisive bastard that I am, I experimented with all of the aforementioned budget B-skill suggestions lol (barring Desperation), and I found him hitting ER range fairly often, enough that it tended to be my personal preferred choice of budget skill. Definitely can't go wrong with Lancebreaker if it benefits your team, though. Being able to smash both Renais twins is a definitely plus as well hah. 

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Being able to smash both Renais twins is a definitely plus as well hah.

That sounds kinky.