Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

I have a few questions about Ninian, mine is +atk,-hp:

1.Should I go with Light Breath or Lighting breath?

2.What stats are recommenced to improve with refining?

3.What are some good a slot skills for her to have?

Disclaimer: I’m in no capacity an expert on dragons.

1. Lightning breath is always welcome because of that DC.

2. Additional Spd never hurts.

3. I’ve mostly seen TA3 on her because of her base Atk being so low, but the usual suspects like Fury or Steady Breath may be useful too.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

What characters would most benefit from Steady Breath?

Any unit with Distant Counter on their weapon.

Any unit with an enemy-phase Slaying weapon build running Bonfire.

Any unit with an enemy-phase Slaying weapon build running Ignis, Wrath, and Quickened Pulse.

46 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I have a few questions about Ninian, mine is +atk,-hp:

1.Should I go with Light Breath or Lighting breath?

2.What stats are recommenced to improve with refining?

3.What are some good a slot skills for her to have?

1. I prefer Lightning Breath.
  2. Spd lets her get double attacked by fewer opponents. Res allows her to run a decent magic tank build.
  3. Triangle Adept, Fury, Steady Breath. Triangle Adept gives her additional bulk against red units and helps her hold off Falchion just a bit better. Fury gives her all-round bulk. Steady Breath lets her actually kill things with an Iceberg build.

13 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Got a +atk -spd amelia. what are good SS for her? I'll be using her for armor emblem

You can patch up her Speed with Speed +3. You can also run Attack +3 to increase her damage per hit or Close Def to help her tank better. Hone Def or Hone Res are also good skills to give her allies a boost.

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

I have a +Res/-Spd Delthea with ~7000 SP, only Swap and Dragon Fang inherited, and a +Spd/-HP Delthea waiting to become the alpha. Do I learn a bunch of skills and merge, or do I use the other Delthea as Drive Attack fodder?

I would personally merge since I prefer Hones, but if you like Spurs more, I would definitely fodder her off rather than merge.

Well, as showed today, Armor Tharja comes with Close Counter. I want to get as many as posible, but being F2P I don’t expect getting more than 2-3, maybe even only 1. 

The fact is that if I get more than 1, I’d like to give Close Counter to H!Henry (I know Takumi also comes with it and he isn’t limited, but I’d need 2 too, since I still haven’t him, and I prefer to pull from red than colorless, at least there’s useful fodder). However, I’m not sure if I should give him GronnBlade or GronnOwl. Which would you choose? The idea is to use Tharja/Henry/Jakob (altough, once again, I’d need to pull at least one Tharja), and Tharja would probably run the same set.

25 minutes ago, Clogon said:

I have a -SPD/+DEF Hawkeye. What should I build him? I feel like it is better to just sac him for slayer axe and Deathblow3...

He is pretty decent with Emerald Axe and Quick Riposte to shut down lance units and wall blue mages for Arena Assault, although he can do that at 4* too.

If you already have a 4* version of him, then I would sacrifice him. Death Blow 3 is pretty valuable for Brave units.

21 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Well, as showed today, Armor Tharja comes with Close Counter. I want to get as many as posible, but being F2P I don’t expect getting more than 2-3, maybe even only 1. 

The fact is that if I get more than 1, I’d like to give Close Counter to H!Henry (I know Takumi also comes with it and he isn’t limited, but I’d need 2 too, since I still haven’t him, and I prefer to pull from red than colorless, at least there’s useful fodder). However, I’m not sure if I should give him GronnBlade or GronnOwl. Which would you choose? The idea is to use Tharja/Henry/Jakob (altough, once again, I’d need to pull at least one Tharja), and Tharja would probably run the same set.

I think Owl tomes are some of the best baiting weapons in the game, doubly so on armours because they will all be in a little huddle 90% of the time, plus it allows you to run ward armour instead of Fortify. No lie I also want to nab a tharja so I can fodder her close counter and Vengeful Fighter to my Armour team. 

Edited by Mackc2

@Ice Dragon @XRay @MrSmokestack

Would -HP+Spd be considered a decent nature for Sheena, or is her Speed to low to be salvageable?  For a Horse, 29 Spd can be brought up easily with Hone Cav, but Armors want Armor March a lot more and ending a turn next to the honer is a lot tougher in Armor Emblem, so I'm wondering if I would be better off giving her Axe to someone else.

My second question: If I give Sheena's Killer Axe+ to someone, can I turn that into a Slaying Axe on the new unit or do I have to refine it on Sheena first?

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Would -HP+Spd be considered a decent nature for Sheena, or is her Speed to low to be salvageable?  For a Horse, 29 Spd can be brought up easily with Hone Cav, but Armors want Armor March a lot more and ending a turn next to the honer is a lot tougher in Armor Emblem, so I'm wondering if I would be better off giving her Axe to someone else.

My second question: If I give Sheena's Killer Axe+ to someone, can I turn that into a Slaying Axe on the new unit or do I have to refine it on Sheena first?

I think 29 is still a bit too low, and it is better to bane her Speed so she can activate her Special more. For Armor March, I would generally place them on ranged armor nukes like TOD!Henry and TOD!Jakob and have units like Sheena and Effie run Hone Armor to support them. Without Armor March, I think everyone should just run Ward Armor, or Goad Armor for Hector since he comes with it.

Give Killer Weapon+ to the recipient first, and then refine the the Killer Weapon+ into Slaying Weapon+ from the recipient. In order for the Recipient to inherit Slaying Weapon+,  the Recipient either needs to already have the regular Slaying Weapon in their inventory or have the giver pass them the regular Slaying Weapon during inheritance. Since Sheena does not have the regular Slaying Weapon, she cannot pass on Slaying Weapon+ unless the recipient has the regular Slaying Weapon.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I think 29 is still a bit too low, and it is better to bane her Speed so she can activate her Special more. For Armor March, I would generally place them on ranged armor nukes like TOD!Henry and TOD!Jakob and have units like Sheena and Effie run Hone Armor to support them. Without Armor March, I think everyone should just run Ward Armor, or Goad Armor for Hector since he comes with it.

Give Killer Weapon+ to the recipient first, and then refine the the Killer Weapon+ into Slaying Weapon+ from the recipient. In order for the Recipient to inherit Slaying Weapon+,  the Recipient either needs to already have the regular Slaying Weapon in their inventory or have the giver pass them the regular Slaying Weapon during inheritance. Since Sheena does not have the regular Slaying Weapon, she cannot pass on Slaying Weapon+ unless the recipient has the regular Slaying Weapon.

Thanks, I've had this Sheena sitting there for a while, but she never seemed like a better option than the 4* Sheena I used on my Armor Emblem team until I got Amelia.  She's the only one who has Armor March, Hector has Goad, and then Effie and BK have Hone/Fort, but I don't remember which is which.  Properly put together, Armor Emblem can be really nice now, but that 1 movement still gets me killed too often.

I think I've go ahead and use Sheena's Axe for the greater good.  I still have my 4* Sheena, in case I want to use her later, so it's not like I'm wasting a 5* exclusive.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

The only real use for +Spd on Sheena is to bump her stat total into the next bin or to try to land double attacks on other -Spd armors. If you happen to have a bunch of Hectors lying around, +Spd works well on a Goad Armor team, but that's really about it.

As of version 2.0, you will be unable to transfer Slaying Axe+ to another unit without first teaching it Slaying Axe, meaning the only way to transfer it is to give Killer Axe+ to another unit and teach Slaying Axe+ afterwards. I believe it's been said that they will allow weapons upgraded in this manner to be transferred with version 2.1.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only real use for +Spd on Sheena is to bump her stat total into the next bin or to try to land double attacks on other -Spd armors. If you happen to have a bunch of Hectors lying around, +Spd works well on a Goad Armor team, but that's really about it.

As of version 2.0, you will be unable to transfer Slaying Axe+ to another unit without first teaching it Slaying Axe, meaning the only way to transfer it is to give Killer Axe+ to another unit and teach Slaying Axe+ afterwards. I believe it's been said that they will allow weapons upgraded in this manner to be transferred with version 2.1.

Thanks, I went ahead and gave Sheena's Axe to Gunter who is +Atk-Spd.  @XRay

Rt0dVEM.png?1

Would the +Atk or +Def enhancement be a better option for the Slaying Axe?  A straight 1:1 would be Atk for sure, but since Def gives +4, I think, that might be better, since I plan to use him as a baiter to counter-kill with Ignis.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Would the +Atk or +Def enhancement be a better option for the Slaying Axe?  A straight 1:1 would be Atk for sure, but since Def gives +4, I think, that might be better, since I plan to use him as a baiter to counter-kill with Ignis.

Counter killers prefer to run +Def or +Res depending on their stat spread to boost their sustain. In your case, Gunter would most likely prefer +Def since I assume you aren't intending for him to stand in front of magic to begin with.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Counter killers prefer to run +Def or +Res depending on their stat spread to boost their sustain. In your case, Gunter would most likely prefer +Def since I assume you aren't intending for him to stand in front of magic to begin with.

Thanks, I'll have to see if I have enough stones for his upgrade.  Maybe I can give Eldigan Fury 6 after this.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks, I went ahead and gave Sheena's Axe to Gunter who is +Atk-Spd.  @XRay

Rt0dVEM.png?1

I would go for +Def since that gives more points. I do not think it really matters since he should have no trouble tanking and killing lance units.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go for +Def since that gives more points. I do not think it really matters since he should have no trouble tanking and killing lance units.

He might be able to take out some Axe units or even low-def Swords with the extra bulk.

Just now, Rezzy said:

He might be able to take out some Axe units or even low-def Swords with the extra bulk.

With his teammates around, I do not think he needs to worry about sword units. He can definitely help his red teammate against enemy axe users with more bulk.

14 hours ago, XRay said:

If you already have a 4* version of him, then I would sacrifice him. 

My thoughts exactly. His Deathblow3 isn't needed since I have a few Kleins laying arround. Sadly another issue came up: who to give it to? The only axemen I do not have are Amelia, Dorcus and S!Xander.

My +SPD Raven seems like a good choice but then I could do a Quad Build with him.

+Atk Camilla seems best choice since she is so average.

I also have +ATK 4*+10 Fred but I think giving him Brave Axe to take advantage of his high ATK is better.

Would a +ATK/SPD Arthur be good as well? His base kit is already really good though...

+ATK Bartre is very attractive. 49 HP, 39 ATK, and 33 DEF are really nice stats.

Legion is not bad either since I don't like his weapon.

Sadly any and all Barst will be Reposition/Spur ATK fodder.

1 hour ago, Clogon said:

My thoughts exactly. His Deathblow3 isn't needed since I have a few Kleins laying arround. Sadly another issue came up: who to give it to? The only axemen I do not have are Amelia, Dorcus and S!Xander.

My +SPD Raven seems like a good choice but then I could do a Quad Build with him.

+Atk Camilla seems best choice since she is so average.

I also have +ATK 4*+10 Fred but I think giving him Brave Axe to take advantage of his high ATK is better.

Would a +ATK/SPD Arthur be good as well? His base kit is already really good though...

+ATK Bartre is very attractive. 49 HP, 39 ATK, and 33 DEF are really nice stats.

Legion is not bad either since I don't like his weapon.

Sadly any and all Barst will be Reposition/Spur ATK fodder.

If your Raven or Legion is not fully built yet, I would give it to them. Units with high Attack and Speed prefer Slaying Weapons and Wo Dao.

I would keep Arthur with his base kit for Arena Assault. He is built for that mode.

I would build Bartre and Frederick similarly with Brave Axe as they have comparable stats. I am not a huge fan of Enemy Phase builds, but Bartre and Frederick can both utilize Slaying Axe and Quick Riposte very well. Make sure to bane their Speed if you are going for the Enemy Phase route so they can be doubled to activate their Special. You can bane their Resistance too since they are not going to survive any mages anyways.

Slaying Axe is better than Brave Axe for Camilla, but Raven and Legion are better candidates since they give you better performance. Camilla is not really meant for Player Phase melee combat with her stat distribution, and she is better off being a Reinhardt wall/counter with Emerald Axe and maybe Distant Counter if you have any spare Hectors. Unless you really like Camilla, I do not recommend building her except to wall/counter Reinhardt.

What do y'all think about giving a +spd Elincia galeforce? Mine currently has moonbow, but I've been wanting to experiment with galeforce. If it is a decent idea, should I swap out her death blow for darting blow? Swift sparrow would probably be better but that's a lot harder to get.

For reference this Elincia is on my flier team so she has access to a goad and hone fliers to boost her attack and speed as well.

41 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

What do y'all think about giving a +spd Elincia galeforce? Mine currently has moonbow, but I've been wanting to experiment with galeforce. If it is a decent idea, should I swap out her death blow for darting blow? Swift sparrow would probably be better but that's a lot harder to get.

For reference this Elincia is on my flier team so she has access to a goad and hone fliers to boost her attack and speed as well.

I enjoyed Galeforce on Elincias TTs a lot. She is one of the best flier units for that special. I didn't change her A skill yet, but I was considering her for Swift Sparrow (got only 1 fodder unit). Death blow is good enough in most situations, but Darting blow would be better for quads, since her prey tends to die already with the second hit. 

If you are asking for arena, you should better use a special that helps killing. On the other hand, Galeforce boosts your arena score like Aether.