"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Which is better on neutral Lyn? Brazen ATK/SPD or Brazen ATK/DEF. Cause her Sol Katti doesn't really need speed to double.

Is BK a good user of Vengeful Fighter?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Well let's see, he has a powerful special and distant counter and doesn't wield the armads so yeah he is probably the best user for it unless you have someone else (not hector) with distant counterĀ 

53 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Well let's see, he has a powerful special and distant counter and doesn't wield the armads so yeah he is probably the best user for it unless you have someone else (not hector) with distant counterĀ 

Just in case

But which would lyn benefit from more. brazen atk/def or brazen atk/spd

Edited by silveraura25

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Which is better on neutral Lyn? Brazen ATK/SPD or Brazen ATK/DEF. Cause her Sol Katti doesn't really need speed to double.

if you attack fast mages/ranged unitsĀ brazenĀ speed, since brash wont proc on them.Ā same goes when going up against Ayra/MiaĀ to prevent her flashing blade from procing (but then again why attack her if you cant kill her)

brazen def is meaningless since she lives allready risky below 75% and brazen speed might prevent getting doubled from other sources

I have a few questions regarding how skills are sorted in the search skill menu.

Does the search menu put Sack o' Gifts before Handbell, or is it vice versa?

I am pretty sure Brazen Atk/Spd will be before Brazen Atk/Def, but where are Brazens located? After Defiants?

Where are Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter located? I am assuming they are both right after Wary Fighter,Ā  but I am not sure. Also, is Bold Fighter before Vengeful Fighter or vice versa?

ā€” ā€” ā€” ā€” ā€” ā€” ā€”

I am little curious about the whale meta. It is probably a little soon to ask, but have you guys seen triple TOD!Jakob running Firesweep-Moonbow-Death Blow-Bold Fighter yet? Would the Cancel Affinity version be more annoying?

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

1.What characters benefitĀ the most fromĀ Brazen Atk/Def?

2. For Winter Chrom is a netural orĀ +def-hp better for him?

3. Can a +res -spdĀ Winter Tharja run Aether withĀ vengeful fighter well?

1. Definitely not Enemy Phase units, since they need their HP up for Quick Riposte and you want to maximize their performance during their first round of combat. For Player Phase units, the only unit I can think of that may want it is Lyn since her performance appeal revolves around her second round of combat and beyond, but Brazen Atk/Spd is far better for her. If you do not mind gimping a Player Phase unit's first round of combat, slow Brave units would appreciate Brazen Atk/Def the most.

2. I lean towards +Def. Chrom has a massive HP pool. HP matters less and less the more HP you got.

3. Iceberg is better in my opinion. Aether is not going to proc during her first round of combat, and I would not rely on having a full HP enemy around to heal WE!Tharja back up. Personally, I would run [RauĆ°rblade, Moonbow, Death Blow, Bold Fighter] as she can take on merge+10 enemies like they are nothing. You should totally check out the calculator with Bold Fighter on TOD!Henry and TOD!Jakob as well: it is bonkers.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

if you attack fast mages/ranged unitsĀ brazenĀ speed, since brash wont proc on them.Ā same goes when going up against Ayra/MiaĀ to prevent her flashing blade from procing (but then again why attack her if you cant kill her)

brazen def is meaningless since she lives allready risky below 75% and brazen speed might prevent getting doubled from other sources

thanks

Does anybody know the interaction between Vengeful fighter and Steady Breath? To give an example, let's assume weĀ run both skills on Black Knight alongside the Eclipse Special (3 turn cooldown.) We have the enemy phase and enemy A initiates on the Black Knight. What happens?

The enemy attacks is resolved (cooldown 3 ->2) and steady breath activates (2->1). AfterswardsĀ the BN counterattacks (1 -> ready). Now, since vengeful fighter reads "Grants special cooldown charge 1+ per attack" I'm guessing the charge is attained after attacking and would fall flat in this case since the special is already charged.

If the situation was the same, but the special was changed to Aether the cooldown would sink from 5->3 on the enemy attack and then from 3->1 on Black Knights counterattack. However, all of this is just speculation from my side. IsĀ someone able to confirm/deny wether it happens like that or not?

@MeliorĀ They do not stack.Ā 

Also, Vengeful Fighter does not add to the cooldown like -Blade and Lightning Breath do. Vengeful Fighter allows specials to charge at the same rate Steady Breath does. Running them together is useless though as both skills state in their descriptionĀ that their effects cannot stack with other skills that have the same ability.

Lightning Breath and -Blade have this in their description:

Slows special trigger (Cooldown Count +1)

Ā 

Steady Breath, Heavy Blade, Flashing Blade, Vengeful Fighter, and Bold Fighter have this description:

Grants special cooldown charge +1 per attack

These *are not* the same effect.

Edited by MrSmokestack
Clarification

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Ā They do not stack.Ā 

I thought they do stack, or at least according to the calculator. Steady Breath's extra charge happens when an enemy attacks the unit, while Vengeful Fighter and Bold Fighter's extra charge happens when the unit attacks an enemy. I know it does not stack with Heavy Blade and Flashing Blade since their extra charge happens when the unit attacks an enemy.

@XRay

Vengeful Fighter:

If unit's HP ā‰„ 50% and

foe initiates combat, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack. Grants Special cooldown charge +1 per attack. (Does not stack.)

Bold Fighter

If unit initiates combat, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack. Grants Special cooldown charge +1 per attack. (Does not stack.)

Steady Breath

If attacked, unit granted Def+4 during combat; also gains Special cooldown charge +1.
(If using other similar skill, only highest value applied.)

Unless the two effects of Vengeful Fighter are randomly separate from one another due to a mistranslation, it both activates under the same situation as Steady Breath does and gives the additional charge effect whether the enemy attacks or the unit attacks during a round of combat.

Also this

If using other similar skill, only highest value applied

and this

Does not stack

It kind of says they donā€™t stack right in the description.

I've been running this team in Arena for the past few months: Fae, Nowi, Olivia, and a askr unit as a bonus. When Olivia is bonus, I put in Reinhardt.

I'm planning to get as many 5* merges as I can. My Olivia is 4*+10, so naturally I'll need a solid 5* replacement that I can easily merge. Preferably a red replacement to deal with Julia/Deirdre. My options are:

1. Adult Tiki - Meshes well with Fae and Nowi + easy counter for Naga mages with TA3. Downside is lowish BST compared to Fae/Nowi which hurts scoring.

2. Eliwood - Legendary weapon helps out with scoring and cavalry range allows him to rush up and shank Naga mages. Alternatively I could put Distant Counter on him to make him into a somewhat competent anti-magic unit.

3. Draug - An odd choice but his very high BST helps a lot with scoring, but I don't think he'd mesh well with Nowi and Fae and couldn't easily take down naga mages.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Tamagon

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@XRay

Vengeful Fighter:

Ā 

Ā 

Bold Fighter

Ā 

Ā 

Steady Breath

Ā 

Ā 

Unless the two effects of Vengeful Fighter are randomly separate from one another due to a mistranslation, it both activates under the same situation as Steady Breath does and gives the additional charge effect whether the enemy attacks or the unit attacks during a round of combat.

Also this

Ā 

Ā 

and this

Ā 

Ā 

It kind of says they donā€™t stack right in the description.

How I understand it was that they do not stack if both skills activate on the same hit, but if they work on different hits, they should stack.

Steady Breath works like this:
Aether (I am going to assume that the enemy and the unit have the same Speed to keep it simple.)
1. Enemy hits Unit
1. 5 > 3
2. Unit hits Enemy
2. 3 > 2

I do not have Vengeful Fighter yet, but I assume it works like this similar to Heavy Blade:
Aether
1. Enemy hits Unit
1. 5 > 4
2. Unit hits Enemy
2. 4 > 2
3. Unit hits Enemy
3. 2 > 0

With Steady Breath and Vengeful Fighter, I assume it works like this:
Aether
1. Enemy hits Unit
1. 5 > 3
2. Unit hits Enemy
2. 3 > 1
3. Unit hits Enemy
3. 1 > 0

Hopefully a whale an aircraft carrier can test and confirm it for us. @Ice Dragon @LordFrigid

2 hours ago, Medeus said:

I was thinking about starting up a Dragon Emblem team, but I was wondering which of my Adult Tikis I should upgrade. I have one that is +Atk, -Spd, and one that is +Atk, -Res, which one would be better to use?Ā 

I am pretty positive that -Spd is the best bane since she is pretty slow to begin with and she may want her magical bulk intact to handle green mages on a Triangle Adept dragon team.

1 hour ago, Tamagon said:

I've been running this team in Arena for the past few months: Fae, Nowi, Olivia, and a askr unit as a bonus. When Olivia is bonus, I put in Reinhardt.

I'm planning to get as many 5* merges as I can. My Olivia is 4*+10, so naturally I'll need a solid 5* replacement that I can easily merge. Preferably a red replacement to deal with Julia/Deirdre. My options are:

1. Adult Tiki - Meshes well with Fae and Nowi + easy counter for Naga mages with TA3. Downside is lowish BST compared to Fae/Nowi which hurts scoring.

2. Eliwood - Legendary weapon helps out with scoring and cavalry range allows him to rush up and shank Naga mages. Alternatively I could put Distant Counter on him to make him into a somewhat competent anti-magic unit.

3. Draug - An odd choice but his very high BST helps a lot with scoring, but I don't think he'd mesh well with Nowi and Fae and couldn't easily take down naga mages.

What do you guys think?

With Ruby Sword, Distant Counter, and Distant Def Sacred Seal, Olivia has a pretty decent bulk to handle green mages, although Dancers/Singers are not too useful on Triangle Adept team.

I would go with A!Tiki. Exclusive Weapons are 400 SP while Refined Weapons are 350 SP. At 4*, A!Tiki is in the 145 BST bracket while Eliwood is in the 140 BST bracket. As long as Eliwood does not have a bane in HP or Spd, both their 5* BST bracket should be 155.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

How I understand it was that they do not stack if both skills activate on the same hit, but if they work on different hits, they should stack.

[...]

Hopefully a whale an aircraft carrier can test and confirm it for us.

Sure it could work like that, but then ā€œstackā€ isnā€™t correct in that situation. ā€œStackā€ implies that multiple similarĀ effects are occuring at the same time.

Iā€™d like some confirmation on this too, though.

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

Steady Breath works like this:
Aether (I am going to assume that the enemy and the unit have the same Speed to keep it simple.)
1. Enemy hits Unit
1. 5 > 3
2. Unit hits Enemy
2. 3 > 2

I do not have Vengeful Fighter yet, but I assume it works like this similar to Heavy Blade:
Aether
1. Enemy hits Unit
1. 5 > 4
2. Unit hits Enemy
2. 4 > 2
3. Unit hits Enemy
3. 2 > 0

With Steady Breath and Vengeful Fighter, I assume it works like this:
Aether
1. Enemy hits Unit
1. 5 > 3
2. Unit hits Enemy
2. 3 > 1
3. Unit hits Enemy
3. 1 > 0

Hopefully a whale an aircraft carrier can test and confirm it for us. @Ice Dragon @LordFrigid

The final line of the first one should be "3 > 1".

The second one is fine.

Unfortunately, the best I can give you on the third one is that I don't see any reason for it to work differently. I actually don't really spend all that much anymore, and even when I did, it wasn't on the level where I'd feel comfortable foddering a Brave Ike for a unit that already had Vengeful Fighter (at least...I don't think so); I've only ever pulled 2 Brave Ikes, tbh. It seems to me, though, that the intent of the "no stacking" bit is to prevent the cooldown charge rate increase from going above +1.

Edited by LordFrigid

22 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

The second one is fine.

Unfortunately, the best I can give you on the third one is that I don't see any reason for it to work differently

[...]

It seems to me, though, that the intent of the "no stacking" bit is to prevent the cooldown charge rate increase from going above +1.

@XRayThis is exactly what I was thinking. The two effects ā€œDoes not stackā€ and ā€œOnly highest value appliedā€Ā are worded differently, but they mean the same thing.

If thatā€™s the case, then Vengeful Fighter and Steady Breath donā€™t give +2 to cooldown for a net +3 cooldown per attack, meaning they donā€™t stack. Bold Fighter also doesnā€™t stack because it procs in a different situation entirely.

38 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

The second one is fine.

Huh. I never knew Steady Breath also works when the unit hits the enemy.

30 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. The two effects ā€œDoes not stackā€ and ā€œOnly highest value appliedā€Ā are worded differently, but they mean the same thing.

If thatā€™s the case, then Vengeful Fighter and Steady Breath donā€™t give +2 to cooldown for a net +3 cooldown per attack, meaning they donā€™t stack. Bold Fighter also doesnā€™t stack because it procs in a different situation entirely.

Yeah. I did not realize Steady Breath's effect also applies when the unit hits the enemy. I just thought it only applies when the enemy hits the unit.

My original thought was that if both skills work on different hits, then you can combine them together.

Ā 

Good Morning!

So, I stopped playing this game in beginning of this year due to personal reasons...

I canĀ“t access to my old account, but I knew, that I had a azura and a hector as example...

Would you say itĀ“s worth trying to get that account back?

Or start new and donĀ“t look back?

And if I start new, will the game be fun? Is there new content?

Thanks guys!

BTW: Is there a discord we have for this forum? I donĀ“t like to write in boards ;-)

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Huh. I never knew Steady Breath also works when the unit hits the enemy.

Yeah. I did not realize Steady Breath's effect also applies when the unit hits the enemy. I just thought it only applies when the enemy hits the unit.

[...]

Ā 

It doesn't, I just checked it with BH!Ike. @MrSmokestackĀ @LordFrigid

BH!Ike (Special counter = 4) attacks and kills lance unit with 1 hit =>Ā special counter =Ā 3.Ā 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

It doesn't, I just checked it with BH!Ike. @MrSmokestackĀ @LordFrigid

BH!Ike (Special counter = 4) attacks and kills lance unit with 1 hit =>Ā special counter =Ā 3.Ā 

Thatā€™s on offense. Weā€™re talking about on defense. Or at least I think we were...