"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

With my Titania, Reinhardt is the one who gets fisted.

Exactly. Reinhardt is just a poor, innocent knight who wish to serve his princess and dote on his sister.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

If they're smart they'll run Dragons with Nino like me

Kills rein and brave lyn and you get to nuke anything and everything else that could possibly screw you up

That is even more of a reason to power up Reinhardt to educate players about the awesomeness of Nino.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Aera said:

Would Fury 3 have a bigger impact compared to other A skills in context to Arena scoring?

No

the least expensive skills are the Stat+3 skills, which cost 120. The mixed stat skills cost 160 (Atk/Spd 2 as an example)

Fury LnD Death Blow Darting Blow and most of the others cost 200

special ones like Swift Sparrow and Brazen Atk/Spd cost 240

DC and CC cost 300 each

when they're inherited they cost more to obtain but still keep their base "score" as it were

14 minutes ago, Stylish said:

When editing teams, I noticed you can sort your characters out by 'rating'.

What does this rating number actually mean and how is it derived? Does it directly influence arena scores?

A character’s rating is the sum of all of their stats, factoring in their stats at Lv. 40, their stats from merges, and their stats from skills, including weapons and passives.

Rating alone isn’t a good indicator of how a unit scores in Arena; you need to know their rating before skills and merges.

For example, my Nino has a rating of 193, but her base stat total is only 147; merges and skills have heavily inflated her stat total. In contrast, my Ephraim has a substantially lower rating but is worth more points in arena because his base stat total is 157, or 158 with an Spd boon.

Hope this helps.

Edited by MrSmokestack

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

A character’s rating is the sum of all of their stats, factoring in their stats at Lv. 40, their stats from merges, and their stats from skills, including weapons and passives.

Rating alone isn’t a good indicator of how a unit scores in Arena; you need to know their rating before skills and merges.

For example, my Nino has a rating of 193, but her base stat total is only 147; merges and skills have heavily inflated her stat total. In contrast, my Ephraim has a substantially lower rating but is worth more points in arena because his base stat total is 157, or 158 with an Spd boon.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your explanation. I was wondering why my 4* +10 Cherche has a lower rating of 169, but had a projected arena score of 705. Lol

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

No

the least expensive skills are the Stat+3 skills, which cost 120. The mixed stat skills cost 160 (Atk/Spd 2 as an example)

Fury LnD Death Blow Darting Blow and most of the others cost 200

special ones like Swift Sparrow and Brazen Atk/Spd cost 240

DC and CC cost 300 each

when they're inherited they cost more to obtain but still keep their base "score" as it were

Oh, thank you for answering! I was also wondering if Fortress Def falls under the stat skills as well. 

Hi,
i'm looking to create my first competitive team...sort of?
Problem is that i only have a few skill fodder and a whole bunch of 4 stars, but not sure how to go about forming a cohesive team.
Here's what i have -

Nowi 4-star (+def/-res)
B! Lucina 5-star (neutral)
Cordelia 4-star (+atk/-def)
B! Roy 5-star
Winter Chrom (+atk/-spd)
Winter Lissa (+spd/-res)
Kagero 4-star (+spd/-hp)
Innes 5-star (+atk/-def)
Tharja 4-star (+spd/-hp)
Soleil 5-star (+spd/-hp)

Assuming skill inheritance is not an issue, how should i go about with this?
Cause i also only have the few feathers to promote at least 1 first.
Thanks!

3 hours ago, rayngiraffe said:

Hi,
i'm looking to create my first competitive team...sort of?
Problem is that i only have a few skill fodder and a whole bunch of 4 stars, but not sure how to go about forming a cohesive team.
Here's what i have -

Nowi 4-star (+def/-res)
B! Lucina 5-star (neutral)
Cordelia 4-star (+atk/-def)
B! Roy 5-star
Winter Chrom (+atk/-spd)
Winter Lissa (+spd/-res)
Kagero 4-star (+spd/-hp)
Innes 5-star (+atk/-def)
Tharja 4-star (+spd/-hp)
Soleil 5-star (+spd/-hp)

Assuming skill inheritance is not an issue, how should i go about with this?
Cause i also only have the few feathers to promote at least 1 first.
Thanks!

When creating a team, there are a few things to consider:

1. Melee and Ranged Weapons
2. Physical and Magical Weapons
3. Color Balance
4. Support
5. Mobility

You want at least one Player Phase ranged unit on your team. Now that I think about it, it is easier to just bench all of your melee units, with few exceptions. Putting it simply, being able to attack from a distance allows you to use the terrain to your advantage and increase map control. The most common melee units that I personally use are support units such as Dancer/Sngers, buffers, and Falchion Medics.

I also "use" Askr and bonus melee units, but they primarily just sit in the back and do nothing.

Unless you really like the challenge, you can use melee units if you really want to; I personally find the increased frustration and headaches pointless and unnecessary.

Very few enemies have high stats in both Defense and Resistance, and many have lopsided stat distribution that you can take advantage of, even if your unit is of a weaker color. Units like Nino would still die to lance units and Frederick will die to blue mages. Generally, archers are the best physical damage dealers because they do not have to worry about the Weapon triangle cock blocking them against certain colors; they can can deal damage against everyone effectively equally. Due to the insanely high damage output of Blade tomes, they usually do not have to worry about the Weapon triangle either (except for enemies wielding Triangle Adept, in which case, just use an archer against them) as they can brute force their way past most enemies.

In the rare scenario where you face against a Raven mage or dragon who can take on both your archer and your mage, you will need to rely on your third unit for color balance to deal with them. You want your third unit to be a color that is weaker to your mage, so it can deal with whatever color your mage has trouble dealing with.

For example, I run BH!Lyn and Reinhardt as my main Player Phase ranged nukes and they generally have no problem massacring most units. However, those two have problems handling Gronnraven mages, so my Olivia with Ruby Sword steps in to take care of Gronnraven mages for them.

It is highly recommended to run a support unit to make your life easier.

The best support units are Dancers/Singers who can Assist your units out of enemy range, consisting of: Azura, PA!Azura, PA!Inigo, Ninian, Olivia, PA!Olivia, PA!Shigure.

The next best units are buffers like Eirika and Ephraim, who can super charge your Blade mage; they can also Assist your units out of enemy range with Reposition, but Dance/Sing is generally superior in most cases.

Finally, specifically for Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges, you might want to run a healer to heal up your units. There are several types of healers:

• Staff Units: These are your regular, traditional healers. They recently got an upgrade so they are a lot more viable now. They also double as debuffer units. Elise in particular can also function as a combat unit if given Hone Cavalry buffs.
  • Falchion Medics: They used to be superior to regular staff healers due to their powerful healing potential with Reciprocal Aid as well as being fully fledged combat units. Since most players only need to heal once per battle at most, Falchion medics' massive one time healing is more than enough for most teams.
  • Breath of Life Medics: These units run three stacks of Breath of Life through their Weapon (Aura/Dancer's Score/Dancer's Ring/Dancer's Fan), Breath of Life C skill, and Breath of Life Sacred Seal. Some variations run two stacks of Breath of Life without one from their Weapon. These units heal adjacent allies by attacking enemies, so their healing is a lot more restrictive and dependent on positioning.

If you running ranged nukes and your only melee units are support units, mobility is not a big issue. Ranged cavalry and fliers are better than ranged infantry, but ranged infantry are still perfectly viable and they do not need the extra movement to do well. On the other hand, if you are running melee units as your primary combat units, then those units should ideally be cavalry or fliers so they have an easier time getting into and out of combat. If you are running melee infantry units, then it is highly recommended to run Dancers/Singers to support them as melee infantry have a difficult time reaching their targets.

I do not recommend running armor teams outside of Team 1 on Arena Assault. Unless you are running Armor March, armor teams are super slow and vulnerable to more mobile teams.

Edited by XRay

As a big Olivia fan, I've been pondering on how to salvage my poor -Spd PA!Olivia (+Att). With the new buffs to daggers, while still not oppressive or anything, I thought of a debuffing build and wanted to hear some input on how much sense that makes.

Smoke Dagger++, refined with Speed

Dance, duh

Not sure what special to use, Moonbow is my standard answer when I have no clue. Has Iceberg atm, but dancers rarely use their special anyways. Who knows, without counters, it might proc more often.

-----------------------------

A: Distant Defense, kinda see no reason to change this one as a dancing debuffer, with magical bulk

B: Windsweeper 3 (She might survive mages on her own, but DC units would kill her and make it unable to debuff those particular units, most of them bulky as hell. The loss of doubling units is kinda irrelevant as a -Spd and as a debuffer)

C: Savage Blow 3 as an additional "debuff" with the stats.

S: Phantom Speed 3 as a Seal to guarantee more uncountered debuffs.

Anyone having experience with debuffing, on how useless it is, how good it is, what might be better for my particular Olivia?

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

3 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

As a big Olivia fan, I've been pondering on how to salvage my poor -Spd PA!Olivia (+Att). With the new buffs to daggers, while still not oppressive or anything, I thought of a debuffing build and wanted to hear some input on how much sense that makes.

Smoke Dagger++, refined with Speed

Dance, duh

Not sure what special to use, Moonbow is my standard answer when I have no clue. Has Iceberg atm, but dancers rarely use their special anyways. Who knows, without counters, it might proc more often.

-----------------------------

A: Distant Defense, kinda see no reason to change this one as a dancing debuffer, with magical bulk

B: Windsweeper 3 (She might survive mages on her own, but DC units would kill her and make it unable to debuff those particular units, most of them bulky as hell. The loss of doubling units is kinda irrelevant as a -Spd and as a debuffer)

C: Savage Blow 3 as an additional "debuff" with the stats.

S: Phantom Speed 3 as a Seal to guarantee more uncountered debuffs.

Anyone having experience with debuffing, on how useless it is, how good it is, what might be better for my particular Olivia?

Your PA!Olivia is doing too much at once.

With 33 Speed, she is too slow. Well built Celica, Delthea, and Sonya will all double and dominate her. If you want to tank them more reliably, she is better off specializing towards that role and not worry about debuffing. Fury is better to boost her Speed to prevent a little more doubles and she may want to run Distant Def on her Sacred Seal slot. I would also run Moonbow-Quick Riposte to guarantee more kills. She should be able to counter and shut down Delthea's and Sonya's advances, but Celica would still pound her into submission with Ragnarok. Without weapon triangle advantage and Triangle Adept, she cannot handle Blade mages or Reinhardt's Fists

If you want her to be a debuffer, you might as well go all out and switch out Distant Def with Life and Death, so she can take on even Distant Counter Ayras and Mias of higher merges.

Edited by XRay

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

Your PA!Olivia is doing too much at once.

With 33 Speed, she is too slow. Well built Celica, Delthea, and Sonya will all double and dominate her. If you want to tank them more reliably, she is better off specializing towards that role and not worry about debuffing. Fury is better to boost her Speed to prevent a little more doubles and she may want to run Distant Def on her Sacred Seal slot. I would also run Moonbow-Quick Riposte to guarantee more kills. She should be able to counter and shut down Delthea's and Sonya's advances, but Celica would still pound her into submission with Ragnarok. Without weapon triangle advantage and Triangle Adept, she cannot handle Blade mages or Reinhardt's Fists

If you want her to be a debuffer, you might as well go all out and switch out Distant Def with Life and Death, so she can take on even Distant Counter Ayras and Mias of higher merges.

I don't want her to be a killing machine, nor put her into enemy fire too much, mostly debuffing + being repositioned, or dancing my nukers/offense into position otherwise, so I guess at some point I'll L&D, Windsweep, Savage Blow her with Phantom Speed Seal, so I can debuff most melee units and hopefully the surrounding blades and company. Should find some niche use, just thought Distant Def A-slot would be nice too lessen the magical threats, but I guess it's just wishful thinking. Distant Def seal will always belong to Nowi, so I'll make do with Phantom Seal and trying to avoid getting DC by Ayras.

Hello! I pulled a +spd/-res Jaffar and was wondering if the windsweep build was actually worth building besides for the memes. Healers can pretty much do the exact same thing but have much more utility right? Also I have a few extra Cains and would like to know if there's anything interesting I can do with WOM (all my dancers already have it and I don't have a Hector). Thanks!

@WyvernQueen The meme build goes something like this:

Spoiler

Weapon: Deathly Dagger (Special Effect Refinement, adds HP +3)

Assist: Reposition / Draw Back

Special: Luna

Passive A: Life and Death 3

Passive B: Windsweep 3

Passive C: Savage Blow 3

Passive S: Savage Blow 3

Poison Strike and Savage Blow are still terrible skills since they can proc HP% skills on the enemy team. In addition, if Jaffar is running Windsweep he can’t run Poison Strike to safely chip DC users. Maybe this build will be better if Poison Strike becomes a seal.

Deathly Dagger’s unique refine gives him a solid niche as a mage killer, so if you want to build Jaffar seriously you can try this build instead:

Spoiler

Weapon: Deathly Dagger (Special Effect Refinement, adds HP +3)

Assist: Reposition / Draw Back

Special: Luna

Passive A: Life and Death 3

Passive B: Swordbreaker 3

Passive C: Spur Atk 3 / Hone Atk 3

Passive S: Spur Atk 3

This build is intended to make Jaffar a utility offensive unit who can trivialize mages with his Prf while also soft-checking speedy sword users. The C and S are geared more towards supporting the team once the map is clear of mages.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Other than meme strats for one-turn-clearing challenge maps, Wings of Mercy is worth 240 SP and can be given to anyone on your arena team who doesn’t need their B slot to improve your score.

Edited by MrSmokestack

8 minutes ago, WyvernQueen said:

Hello! I pulled a +spd/-res Jaffar and was wondering if the windsweep build was actually worth building besides for the memes. Healers can pretty much do the exact same thing but have much more utility right? Also I have a few extra Cains and would like to know if there's anything interesting I can do with WOM (all my dancers already have it and I don't have a Hector). Thanks!

I can't say anything about Jaffar, but Windsweep is very niche, since it works on him only against other dagger- or bow users plus all the DC users who tend to have high DEF.

WoM is nice if you have Desperation users on your team or if you want to make a one-turn clear of GHB/BHB maps (but you'll need also a lot of Galeforce and/or dancers for the latter). 

11 minutes ago, WyvernQueen said:

@MrSmokestack @mampfoid

Thanks for your help! I didn't have windsweep fodder anyways and it was mostly just planning, but it's good to know that I won't have to kill any Alms.

Technically Windsweep is not anymore 5* exclusive, because Joshua got it. But you could get only one 4* copy (plus the 5* one) from last TTs. Joshua is also fodder for Close Defense, a much better skill IMO. 

Edited by mampfoid

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Technically Windsweep is not anymore 5* exclusive, because Joshua got it. But you could get only one 4* copy (plus the 5* one) from last TTs. Joshua is also fodder for Close Defense, a much better skill IMO. 

True, but I'm one of those idiots who refuses to fodder off GHB/TT because they're limited haha.

15 minutes ago, WyvernQueen said:

True, but I'm one of those idiots who refuses to fodder off GHB/TT because they're limited haha.

I'm trying to see it that way: They are only slightly limited, since they could get unlimited reruns. Even if you fodder some of the copies, you could get a GHB/TT unit up to 5* +10 faster than a 5* exclusive without its banner (and without whaling). Both would take years and until then these units will become victims of powercreep anyway, so use all the resources you get more or less immediately. 

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm trying to see it that way: They are only slightly limited, since they could get unlimited reruns. Even if you fodder some of the copies, you could get a GHB/TT unit up to 5* +10 faster than a 5* exclusive without its banner (and without whaling). Both would take years and until then these units will become victims of powercreep anyway, so use all the resources you get more or less immediately. 

Yeah I totally understand not Xander or Camus though but I do want to invest into most of them anyways, so they'll all sit in my barracks doing nothing until I have the time to work on them. I just can't bring myself to do it, so I'll suffer the consequences, though thankfully a lot of skills are becoming more available as seals so it's not as bad.

Seeing that Navarre hasn’t anything 5* locked that can’t be given by another character (Desperation 3 from Shanna and Killing Sword + from Fir? Don’t remember) should I merge all my copies into my level 40 4* one instead of making him 5*? I think it could be much better, but I prefer to ask before doing something like this with “limited” units

Edited by Javi Blizz

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

Seeing that Navarre hasn’t anything 5* locked that can’t be given by another character (Desperation 3 from Shanna and Killing Sword + from Fir? Don’t remember) should I merge all my copies into my level 40 4* one instead of making him 5*? I think it could be much better, but I prefer to ask before doing something like this with “limited” units

For limited units, I only promote them to 5* and then merge them. I think the Feather cost is worth it.