"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

35 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Can't Peri pass on Killer Lance+ and let the receiver learn Slaying Lance+ via Weapon Forge?

That is what I meant. Sorry if I was not clear.

I'm not sure I understand why one would fodder a 5* unit for a positioning skill...

In my opinion, there are better substitutes for Clair in Arena Assault since her Attack is really, really low, although she is a lot more usable if she is +Atk so you can merge her if you want. If you need a red mage wall, Sully comes with a Sapphire Lance as her default Weapon, and Fjorm is perfect for that role. You rarely need red mage walls, since there are so many good blue mages who can counter red mages better than lance units. If you already have like 4 or 5 other blue mages (excluding Odin), you have little need for lance units to be red mage walls.

I'm also still trying to debate Hinoka...

I have a personal bias for flying units since they look cool. If I was completely objective, I would fodder her if you already have a better copy of her. Many top tier fliers come with Hone Fliers now so you do not really need to fodder her unless you do not have TOD!Nowi or do not plan on getting HNY!Azura; you can just merge Hinoka and have her on your secondary flier team or something.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

I have a personal bias for flying units since they look cool. If I was completely objective, I would fodder her if you already have a better copy of her. Many top tier fliers come with Hone Fliers now so you do not really need to fodder her unless you do not have TOD!Nowi or do not plan on getting HNY!Azura; you can just merge Hinoka and have her on your secondary flier team or something.

I do have ToD!Nowi (same nature as Hinoka to (+Def -Spd)), but you confused me for a moment with HNY!Azura... but crap wow Flier singer... guess I now know who I'm gunning for on New Years banner.

Hinoka is the only one I have though, otherwise I wouldn't have tried to think of a way to salvage her, which IMO I think I did a decent enough job of.

28 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I do have ToD!Nowi (same nature as Hinoka to (+Def -Spd)), but you confused me for a moment with HNY!Azura... but crap wow Flier singer... guess I now know who I'm gunning for on New Years banner.

Hinoka is the only one I have though, otherwise I wouldn't have tried to think of a way to salvage her, which IMO I think I did a decent enough job of.

She is definitely awesome. You can never have too many Dancers/Singers, especially flying ones. I cannot wait until they release a pony Dancer/Singer.

Hi guys, I want to make a few changes in my Black Night set, but I’m not sure if they’re worthy. My actual BK has: Alondite, Swap, Black Luna, Steady Stance 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Fortify Armor, Panic Ploy 1 Sacred Seal. I want to give him Vantage, although it gives 40 SP cost less for Arena, and was considering giving him Heavy Blade, as he has 50 Atk without buffs (plus Hector has Goad Armor). So, the questions are:

1) Should I change WoM for Vantage? 

2) Should I upgrade to level 3 Heavy Blade or Panic Ploy?

3) Supposing I go the Vantage way, should I change it too on Hector? Although that would mean reducing Hector’s SP cost by 40 too (I’ve to see if those 40 SP matter or not anyway)

59 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

1) Should I change WoM for Vantage? 

In my opinion, no. Vantage is already a niche skill that few units can use well. Black Knight being an armor unit has difficulty getting into and out of combat, which is crucial for a Vantage unit since they need to pull out if the enemy can survive the counter. Black Knight's Attack is also rather average due to his neutral nature and Alondite cannot be Refined.

If you want to keep the scoring potential and have better combat performance, I would go with Quick Riposte instead if you can afford the Feather cost. If not, Wings of Mercy is fine as is since it greatly improves his mobility.

2) Should I upgrade to level 3 Heavy Blade or Panic Ploy?

I would stick with Panic Ploy since he is an armor unit with high HP. If you want to use Heavy Blade, I would make sure that Black Knight has plenty of allies to buff his Attack. 34+16=50 is rather low in my opinion, especially since other units have access to +Atk natures and Refined Weapons.

3) Supposing I go the Vantage way, should I change it too on Hector? Although that would mean reducing Hector’s SP cost by 40 too (I’ve to see if those 40 SP matter or not anyway)

Bonfire-Vantage Hector is okay but it has some sustainability issues since Armads needs Hector to be above a certain HP to work. If you want to improve Hector's performance, Guard will help Hector more. Cancel Affinity gives Hector similarly impressive numbers in the calculator, but that is only because vanilla units use Ruby Sword and Triangle Adept more often, so I do not recommend using Cancel Affinity.

I would keep Wings of Mercy on him or go with Renewal to help him activate his Armads if you want to keep the score

Edited by XRay

While pulling for the new green Cav, I got a +ATK/-RES Leon. He will be promoted to 5*, but I don't know yet how to build him. DB3/Brave+ would be his optimal set, I know. But +ATK Jeorge (2 ATK less than Leon) and +ATK Klein are doing fine with that set and I don't want to give everybody the same (plus I'm out of spare Kleins). 

From an older copy, he already got Bow breaker and Bonfire. With a +DEF Warding Bow he'd be a good Lyn counter. With the new Heavy Blade Seal he could run Ignis. 

No Idea for the A-Slot though (or alternate B-Skills). Steady Stance, Distant Defense? 

@XRay, I think I’ll keep WoM on both of them then, I’ve some other candidates for Quick Riposte and I don’t like Guard that much. Also, both BK and Hector has compete sets, so I think I’ll spend my feathers building other units then. Thanks!

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

While pulling for the new green Cav, I got a +ATK/-RES Leon. He will be promoted to 5*, but I don't know yet how to build him. DB3/Brave+ would be his optimal set, I know. But +ATK Jeorge (2 ATK less than Leon) and +ATK Klein are doing fine with that set and I don't want to give everybody the same (plus I'm out of spare Kleins). 

From an older copy, he already got Bow breaker and Bonfire. With a +DEF Warding Bow he'd be a good Lyn counter. With the new Heavy Blade Seal he could run Ignis. 

No Idea for the A-Slot though (or alternate B-Skills). Steady Stance, Distant Defense? 

Brave Bow and Guard Bow are both good options, it depends primarily if you need Brave Bow archers more or BH!Lyn counters more. I need more Brave Bow archers so I gave Leon a Brave Bow set.

If you are giving him a Guard Bow set for Arena Assault, I recommend Defense +3 because it is cheap. If you want a little more power, you can go Fury, but I do not think Leon needs it. I would also go for Glimmer so he can activate it against other archers too.

I do not recommend running Leon in Arena since F!Robin and Inigo are both candidates who can check Reinhardt as well, but if you want to use Leon in Arena, then I would go for Distant Def for more score. I would go for Moonbow instead of Glimmer just in case you need Leon to shoot at other units besides archers.

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

Brave Bow and Guard Bow are both good options, it depends primarily if you need Brave Bow archers more or BH!Lyn counters more. I need more Brave Bow archers so I gave Leon a Brave Bow set.

If you are giving him a Guard Bow set for Arena Assault, I recommend Defense +3 because it is cheap. If you want a little more power, you can go Fury, but I do not think Leon needs it. I would also go for Glimmer so he can activate it against other archers too.

I do not recommend running Leon in Arena since F!Robin and Inigo are both candidates who can check Reinhardt as well, but if you want to use Leon in Arena, then I would go for Distant Def for more score. I would go for Moonbow instead of Glimmer just in case you need Leon to shoot at other units besides archers.

I didn't know Slaying Bows special counter reduction is lost when upgraded to Ward Bow. Perhaps I'll stay with the +DEF upgrade of Slaying Bow, to keep using Bonfire. 

Defense +3 is a good idea, though. 

I will run him in TTs to max HM and then in AA as counter to Archers and flyers, not in regular Arena. 

Why would I need more than 2 fully built Brave archers? I'm addition to Klein and Jeorge, I also have Virion and Gordin as longtime projects to make them 4*+10 Brave Archers. 

Thank you for helping out! 

Edited by mampfoid

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I didn't know Slaying Bows special counter reduction is lost when upgraded to Ward Bow. Perhaps I'll stay with the +DEF upgrade of Slaying Bow, to keep using Bonfire. 

Defense +3 is a good idea, though. 

I will run him in TTs to max HM and then in AA as counter to Archers and flyers, not in regular Arena. 

Why would I need more than 2 fully built Brave archers? I'm addition to Klein and Jeorge, I also have Virion and Gordin as longtime projects to make them 4*+10 Brave Archers. 

Thank you for helping out! 

I am not sure what you mean by Ward Bows. I assume you mean Guard Bows?

Slaying Bow keep its Special counter reduction when you refine it.

Slaying Bows cannot be upgraded into Guard Bows, you will need Assassin's Bow from Sestuna and upgrade that into Guard Bow. Guard Bow does not have reduce Special counters.

Leon [+Atk, Slaying Bow [Def], Distant Def, Bowbreaker] cannot handle BH!Lyn +10 [+Atk, Brave Bow, Luna, Attack +3 Sacred Seal], whereas Leon [Guard Bow [Def], Defense +3, Bowbreaker] can.

Slaying Bow is not bad, but you will need a few merges on Leon or give him Distant Def Sacred Seal to help him out. I generally save Distant Def, Deflect Magic, and Deflect Missile for my Gronnraven mages since they need to handle both BH!Lyn and Reinhardt.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not sure what you mean by Ward Bows. I assume you mean Guard Bows?

Slaying Bow keep its Special counter reduction when you refine it.

Slaying Bows cannot be upgraded into Guard Bows, you will need Assassin's Bow from Sestuna and upgrade that into Guard Bow. Guard Bow does not have reduce Special counters.

Leon [+Atk, Slaying Bow [Def], Distant Def, Bowbreaker] cannot handle BH!Lyn +10 [+Atk, Brave Bow, Luna, Attack +3 Sacred Seal], whereas Leon [Guard Bow [Def], Defense +3, Bowbreaker] can.

Slaying Bow is not bad, but you will need a few merges on Leon or give him Distant Def Sacred Seal to help him out. I generally save Distant Def, Deflect Magic, and Deflect Missile for my Gronnraven mages since they need to handle both BH!Lyn and Reinhardt.

Yeah, I mixed things up, sorry. I meant Ward Bow and I thought it was the refined Slaying Bow. Leon will stay with the refined DEF Slaying Bow then. 

I'm considering to give him Distant Defense (or Steady stance 2 of 4* BK), since I'm sitting on this spare Celica for months indecisive. 

I'll play a little with the calculator, to see how he could handle worst case Lyn. Are there Lyns with bow breaker in Arena? 

46 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'll play a little with the calculator, to see how he could handle worst case Lyn. Are there Lyns with bow breaker in Arena? 

I do not think so; if there are, I have not seen one yet. Most run Sacae's Blessing and a few run Cancel Affinity if they use Firesweep Bow.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not think so; if there are, I have not seen one yet. Most run Sacae's Blessing and a few run Cancel Affinity if they use Firesweep Bow.

Good, since I usually don't check her B-skill when I send out Leon to take care of her. Thanks again! 

I have got to say Heavy Blade Reinhardt is a BEAST! Best decision I made ever.

On to the question:

Should I replace W!Tharja's weapon with an Owl Tome? She is literally the only red mage with the stat line to use it... Her default already gives +2 to all stats during EP but, in a tight knit square of armours, Owl is way better. Plus sacrificing my spare Karen for just Owl Tome seems like a waste since she has Sparrow too.

I could also just give her Raublade for +22 ATK with just Hone Armour and Fort seal which I think is the better decision.

42 minutes ago, Clogon said:

I have got to say Heavy Blade Reinhardt is a BEAST! Best decision I made ever.

On to the question:

Should I replace W!Tharja's weapon with an Owl Tome? She is literally the only red mage with the stat line to use it... Her default already gives +2 to all stats during EP but, in a tight knit square of armours, Owl is way better. Plus sacrificing my spare Karen for just Owl Tome seems like a waste since she has Sparrow too.

I could also just give her Raublade for +22 ATK with just Hone Armour and Fort seal which I think is the better decision.

I would go with Blade tome and Death Blow and Bold Fighter. She can knockout a lot of units.

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

So what are some good sets for Amelia (+Spd/-HP) and Raven (+Spd/-Res)?

I'm personally fond of my hybrid Amelia, who runs a standard Wall of Fire and Sharp Things build, but has +Spd so she can still initiate combat. Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter are the new armor meta if you have access to them, though, depending on if you prefer player phase or enemy phase.

+Spd Raven runs a player-phase Slaying Axe+ build rather successfully with either Wrath-Moonbow or the cheaper Luna build. You can also go for a standard quad build with Brave Axe+ or wait for Firesweep Axe+ to be released.

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

And while I'm asking about Raven, I have one at 4* 40 and one as a fresh 5* pull, both +Spd/-Res, neither with inheritance. Which should be the main?

With the Warriors maps currently available, you should build the 5-star one and promote the 4-star one for merging at a later time when you have nothing better to do with your feathers.

Hey, everyone.  I asked a question in another thread and got pointed here.

Anyway, I'm trying to build up my Axe Knight waifu Sheena, because I want to think there's a way to take advantage of her total Def + Res being the highest in the game.  She has an HP Boon and Atk Bane as well as an S Rank Summoner Support and currently knows the following Skills:

• Slaying Axe+ (unrefined)
  • Pivot
  • Escutcheon
  • Svalinn Shield
  • Quick Riposte 2
  • Fortify Armor
  • Deflect Magic 2 (Sacred Seal)

I have 461 SP to burn and right now I'm thinking of doing either of the following:

1. Refining her Slaying Axe+ to boost one of her more troublesome stats, like Atk or Spd
  2. Sacrificing my Hector to her so she can replace Svalinn Shield with Distant Counter

Obviously I'd like to to both of these eventually, but I'd like to know which one is more important to do first.

16 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Hey, everyone.  I asked a question in another thread and got pointed here.

Anyway, I'm trying to build up my Axe Knight waifu Sheena, because I want to think there's a way to take advantage of her total Def + Res being the highest in the game.  She has an HP Boon and Atk Bane as well as an S Rank Summoner Support and currently knows the following Skills:

• Slaying Axe+ (unrefined)
  • Pivot
  • Escutcheon
  • Svalinn Shield
  • Quick Riposte 2
  • Fortify Armor
  • Deflect Magic 2 (Sacred Seal)

I have 461 SP to burn and right now I'm thinking of doing either of the following:

1. Refining her Slaying Axe+ to boost one of her more troublesome stats, like Atk or Spd
  2. Sacrificing my Hector to her so she can replace Svalinn Shield with Distant Counter

Obviously I'd like to to both of these eventually, but I'd like to know which one is more important to do first.

Replace Escutcheon with Bonfire (or Iceberg if you are going to use a Res refine) first.

Between refining her weapon and giving her Distant Counter, if you are going to end up doing both eventually, I'd prioritize Distant Counter.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Replace Escutcheon with Bonfire (or Iceberg if you are going to use a Res refine) first.

Done.

Since Bonfire should patch up her subpar attack power, I guess I'll refine her Slaying Axe+ to enhance her Spd when I get around to doing that.

11 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Since Bonfire should patch up her subpar attack power, I guess I'll refine her Slaying Axe+ to enhance her Spd when I get around to doing that.

There's no point in refining Sheena's weapon for Spd. Quick Riposte already has that covered. It would be preferable to refine for Def or Res in order to keep Quick Riposte active for more rounds of combat.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's no point in refining Sheena's weapon for Spd. Quick Riposte already has that covered. It would be preferable to refine for Def or Res in order to keep Quick Riposte active for more rounds of combat.

Okay.  Guess I'll refine for Res then, since that's the weaker of her defenses.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm personally fond of my hybrid Amelia, who runs a standard Wall of Fire and Sharp Things build, but has +Spd so she can still initiate combat. Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter are the new armor meta if you have access to them, though, depending on if you prefer player phase or enemy phase.

...Wall of Fire & Sharp Things?

So I picked up a second Priscilla on accident (I thought I was pulling in the legendary banner but apparently I wasn't) and I'm debating on if I want to replace my current one with her. The one I've been using is +res/-atk and the one I just pulled is +spd/-atk. +spd I think would be better for her survivability, but I have enjoyed that extra resistance.