"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright @Soul~!, you and I need to talk.

I just got a +Spd/-Res Charlotte from the Legendary banner.

Now, I wasn't planning on keeping her if I got her originally, but that seems to be too good to just throw away for feathers or a spoon or something like that.

So, since you seem to have quite a few different builds for you own Charlotte, you seemed like the best person to ask... any suggestions for my own?

12 hours ago, XRay said:

I would go with Blade tome and Death Blow and Bold Fighter. She can knockout a lot of units.

I would totally do this if I had Bold Fighter... I spent 250 orbs and ONLY got a Tharja. No pity breakers, just her. This game hates me.

Edited by Clogon

5 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

So I picked up a second Priscilla on accident (I thought I was pulling in the legendary banner but apparently I wasn't) and I'm debating on if I want to replace my current one with her. The one I've been using is +res/-atk and the one I just pulled is +spd/-atk. +spd I think would be better for her survivability, but I have enjoyed that extra resistance. 

+Spd is better. Priscilla does not have the color to specialize against certain mages and I do not think any colorless units currently have the Speed and Resistance to reliably wall all mages, except TOD!Jakob with Wary Fighter.

Priscilla [+Spd, Speed +3, Speed +3 Sacred Seal] will be able to take a hit and prevent doubles from unbuffed Delthea and Sonya [+Atk/Spd, Moonbow, Life and Death]. Priscilla should avoid mages with Speed buffs.

Even if you stack all the Speed you can on Priscilla, she should not tank Celica or buffed Blade mages since she simply does not have the color and stats to do it. Even Felicia herself struggles against Celica.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Can anybody give me the breakdown on Moonbow vs Glimmer? I seem to have a lot of both and need to clear some space, but don't know what sorts of units would want them.

Give Moonbow to all non-Brave or non-Slaying Player Phase units who are fast enough to double most units. Give Moonbow to Enemy Phase units without Slaying Weapons or Steady Breath; with Quick Riposte, Enemy Phase units should be able to activate Moonbow during their first round of combat.

Your best units should receive Moonbow.

Glimmer is like Moonbow, but crappier. Glimmer is perfect for units used primarily in Arena Assault. Raven mages and Triangle Adept units usually just need a little more boost in damage to shutdown whatever they counter.

29 minutes ago, Clogon said:

I would totally do this if I had Bold Fighter... I spent 250 orbs and ONLY got a Tharja. No pity breakers, just her. This game hates me.

I guess you can stick with her default build.

I would rather keep Katarina than to sacrifice her for Rauðrowl, and Swift Sparrow should be prioritized for skill inheritance rather than her tome.

Rauðrraven is another option to improve her bulk against colorless units, but it does not give a stat boost and it cannot be refined.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Alright @Soul~!, you and I need to talk.

I just got a +Spd/-Res Charlotte from the Legendary banner.

Now, I wasn't planning on keeping her if I got her originally, but that seems to be too good to just throw away for feathers or a spoon or something like that.

So, since you seem to have quite a few different builds for you own Charlotte, you seemed like the best person to ask... any suggestions for my own?

I feel flattered.

You got what is arguably her most ideal IV. And unlike me, you don't have to deal with -Atk shenanigans while taking advantage of her actually above average Atk.

Since her neutral bulk beyond HP is rather shaky, I'd highly suggest L&D. From there, you could either go with Firesweep or a Quad setup ("only" reaches 38 Spd with it and a +3 Spd Seal). Of course, this is more expensive and in terms of how you're planning on using her. Her high Atk and servicable Spd would allow a lot more budget flexibility in more-simple stuff like Fury + Desperation as well as a Spd-Refined weapon and a Spd Seal.

3 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I feel flattered.

You got what is arguably her most ideal IV. And unlike me, you don't have to deal with -Atk shenanigans while taking advantage of her actually above average Atk.

Since her neutral bulk beyond HP is rather shaky, I'd highly suggest L&D. From there, you could either go with Firesweep or a Quad setup ("only" reaches 38 Spd with it and a +3 Spd Seal). Of course, this is more expensive and in terms of how you're planning on using her. Her high Atk and servicable Spd would allow a lot more budget flexibility in more-simple stuff like Fury + Desperation as well as a Spd-Refined weapon and a Spd Seal.

Honestly, I'm just amazed that I've gotten both Sanaki and Charlotte before Katarina, somehow. Why must you keep the one I want most away from me the longest?

Yeah, it seemed like a really good boon/bane from what I had seen of her stats, which is what made me feel almost obligated to build her now. LaD3 seems like a pretty solid choice; I've promoted and foddered off plenty of Hanas already, so another one won't be that bothersome for me. I only have one Roderick who's also really good, so I'd probably stick with Brave Lance+ for now. It'll be expensive, so I don't know if I'll focus on her right away or not, but it sounds like a fun build regardless, so I think I'm okay with waiting a bit longer for the extra investment. Thanks for the advice!

Well since we are talking Charlotte and I finally got her, I'll ask here. +DEF/-ATK, how salvageable is it? I mean its not -SPD, but that may actually be more able since a brave build isn't likely to quad off 32 spd anyways. 33 Attack isn't terrible, but it doesn't stand out either. So she morphed into Sharena? Blue Barst who trades 2 def for 2 res? Neither of those sound particularly appealing.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Can anybody give me the breakdown on Moonbow vs Glimmer? I seem to have a lot of both and need to clear some space, but don't know what sorts of units would want them.

Glimmer is better only in the case where you have weapon triangle advantage and your opponent has high HP and low Def/Res. Basically, Triangle Adept builds that don't ever intend on fighting at neutral weapon triangle.

Moonbow is almost always better at weapon triangle disadvantage, at neutral weapon triangle, or against opponents with high Def/Res.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

Well since we are talking Charlotte and I finally got her, I'll ask here. +DEF/-ATK, how salvageable is it? I mean its not -SPD, but that may actually be more able since a brave build isn't likely to quad off 32 spd anyways. 33 Attack isn't terrible, but it doesn't stand out either. So she morphed into Sharena? Blue Barst who trades 2 def for 2 res? Neither of those sound particularly appealing.

Her offensive numbers are pretty close to Peri, so I think she could function similarly, minus the busted boosts.  But I'm not the resident Peri expert!

Wind Boost intrigues me.  It means she avoids a bunch of doubles thanks to 38 Speed.  If you want to take advantage of her giant HP pool, you can give her the HP +5 seal, forge a weapon (her default one or a Slaying Lance+), and slap Panic Ploy in her C slot for giggles.  She probably won't solo the field, but she should be decent enough at baiting out faster swords.

Yep, I was already thinking of making her a Panic Maiden with Panic Ploy + HP Seal. Though I hadn't considered keeping windboost. The boost skills almost always get a quick axe from me. A couple quick calcs seems to indicate that I should just double down on defense for her refinement. But I definitely don't want to commit to that without hearing what others have to say.

I did think those numbers were close to Peri's, but Peri has 3 move and is far easier to merge which I would imagine lets her make much better use of said stat line.

8 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Whilst Moonbow is the 'safer' option, Glimmer can be quite strong with Bladetome mages as it scales well with Atk buffs.

8 minutes ago, Stylish said:

Does Spur Atk C Skill stack with the Spur Atk Seal?

Everything that doesn’t result in blue or red numbers on the stat sheet stacks to no limit. Yes, all spurs stack.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Give Moonbow to all non-Brave or non-Slaying Player Phase units who are fast enough to double most units. Give Moonbow to Enemy Phase units without Slaying Weapons or Steady Breath; with Quick Riposte, Enemy Phase units should be able to activate Moonbow during their first round of combat.

You forget that, with either Slaying (For EP) or Heavy Blade seal+Brave (For PP)n you can Moonbow on every round of attack (GOD I love my Heavy Blade Rein with Lance breaker gonna give him bow/dagger breaker later).

8 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Glimmer>Moonbow, if your ATK after WTA > 1.2 enemy DEF. This means you should give it to mages or people with TA and Effective damage to help with the OHKO.

3 hours ago, Clogon said:

You forget that, with either Slaying (For EP) or Heavy Blade seal+Brave (For PP)n you can Moonbow on every round of attack (GOD I love my Heavy Blade Rein with Lance breaker gonna give him bow/dagger breaker later).

There is only one copy of Heavy Blade Sacred Seal. Investing in Arena Assault is usually the best way to clean up fodder (Gem Weapons, Glimmer, stat +3) in the Barracks. During Arena Assault, you cannot switch Sacred Seals onto every team, let alone every unit, during the middle of the run between battles.

3 hours ago, Clogon said:

Glimmer>Moonbow, if your ATK after WTA > 1.2 enemy DEF. This means you should give it to mages or people with TA and Effective damage to help with the OHKO.

Blade mages prefer Glimmer, but most non-Blade mages lean slightly towards Moonbow. If cool down is set to 0, Glimmer will out perform Moonbow on non-Blade mages, but I think it is better to prioritize a unit's first round of combat rather than later rounds of combat.

Blade

Spoiler

Tharja +Spd, -Def
Rauðrblade
Life and Death, Desperation
Quickened Pulse/Heavy Blade
4/4/0/0
Player Phase [Glimmer] 173:11:20
Player Phase [Moonbow] 173:11:20
Player Phase [Glimmer, Cool Down=0] 187:8:9
Player Phase [Moonbow, Cool Down=0] 183:10:11

Tailtiu +Spd, -Def
Blárblade
4/4/0/0
Player Phase [Glimmer] 153:27:24
Player Phase [Moonbow] 153:27:24
Player Phase [Glimmer, Cool Down=0] 172:18:14
Player Phase [Moonbow, Cool Down=0] 169:18:17

Nino +Spd, -Def
Gronnblade
4/4/0/0
Player Phase [Glimmer] 138:38:28
Player Phase [Moonbow] 138:38:28
Player Phase [Glimmer, Cool Down=0] 159:25:20
Player Phase [Moonbow, Cool Down=0] 157:27:20

Non-Blade

Spoiler

Celica +Spd, -Def
Ragnarok
Attack +3
Player Phase [Glimmer] 173:9:22
Player Phase [Moonbow] 173:9:22
Player Phase [Glimmer, Cool Down=0] 186:7:11
Player Phase [Moonbow, Cool Down=0] 180:9:15

Delthea +Spd, -Def
Dark Aura
Speed +3
Player Phase [Glimmer] 152:26:26
Player Phase [Moonbow] 153:26:25
Player Phase [Glimmer, Cool Down=0] 175:10:19
Player Phase [Moonbow, Cool Down=0] 169:15:20

Sonya +Spd, -Def
Dark Excalibur
Speed +3
Player Phase [Glimmer] 123:25:56
Player Phase [Moonbow] 124:25:55
Player Phase [Glimmer, Cool Down=0] 172:9:23
Player Phase [Moonbow, Cool Down=0] 171:12:21

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I recently got two New Years Azuras, one is +Res -Atk and the other is +HP -Res. Which should I keep and what should I do with the other?

Depends on what you want her to do. [+Res, -Atk] is more support oriented, while [+HP, -Res] leans more melee combat oriented.

3 hours ago, Ghostface233 said:

Quick question.  I just pulled two Bridal Lyns on the current Legendary banner.  One +ATK and one +Speed.  Both are -RES.  What one should I keep and what one should I feed off for Candlelight?

I would personally go with +Spd to avoid doubles.

Outside of Elise, other healers do not have the stats to run an offensive set very well. Even though Genny has high Attack, she is super slow and does not have access to Hone Cavalry.

8 minutes ago, rayngiraffe said:

Can i get some help on a speed boon soleil?

Im set on giving her lnd3 for a skill, but not sure about swordbreaker for b slot since she cant retailate in enemy phase.

Also what are good teammates for the enemy/ally phase? Got a brave lucina to help as well.

The point of Swordbreaker is for her to be able to double the faster swords, and to double slower swords with Swordbreaker (IKE).  43 Speed is great, but it won't double a +Spd Lucina (for example).  If you really don't want that, you can use something like Wrath, Drag Back, or Wings of Mercy/Escape Route.  Wrath will probably serve you best, but requires Moonbow as a special, and a bit of chip damage.  Drag Back is solely intended to get Soliel back to your formation.  Wings of Mercy/Escape Route is pretty generic IMO, but it has its uses.

If you have Siegbert, I'd run him for Atk Tactic.  It's a nifty +6 boost, and Firesweep users really appreciate that.  You can stack Lucina's boost with Tailtiu, which means Soliel should double most things anyway.

7 minutes ago, rayngiraffe said:

Can i get some help on a speed boon soleil?

Im set on giving her lnd3 for a skill, but not sure about swordbreaker for b slot since she cant retailate in enemy phase.

Also what are good teammates for the enemy/ally phase? Got a brave lucina to help as well.

Firesweep builds are pretty flexible with their B slot.  However, they should not be attacked at all during Enemy Phase in the first place, so I do not recommend giving her Breakers for defense.

She can use Hit and Run, although she will not be as good as a flier with it. Another option is Poison Strike or Seals to make it easier for her allies to finish off whatever she could not. She can also run Wings of Mercy for teleportation if that is your thing.

If you are running Soliel and BH!Lucina, I highly recommend running a ranged unit or Dancer/Singer as the third member. Ranged units allows you to take advantage of the terrain better and attack over obstacles as well as being easier to extract from enemy range since they do not go in as deep as melee units into enemy range. Dancers/Singers are great at pulling Soleil and BH!Lucina out of Enemy Range.

So I got a +Atk -Spd Airzura. My plan is to give her a Spd refined Slaying Axe+ to fix the bane and then the Spd+3 Sacred Seal to act as a "boon" for her. She's going to my Flier Emblem team so she has access to both Hone and Fortify Fliers.

What I need help with is her skillset. For her A slot should I go Fury or L&D? For the B slot she'll have WoM because dancer but is Desperation a good skill if she's going to fight every once in a while or should I give her a breaker to be more consistent?