"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Having made my last dip into my financial reserves for a while,  I've started pondering going for a f2p account in addition to my semi- whaling account.   Do y'all think that this is about the best time to give it a shot, with a fancy flying singer now being a thing and the 1 year anniversary a mo th away? 

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

So I got a +Atk -Spd Airzura. My plan is to give her a Spd refined Slaying Axe+ to fix the bane and then the Spd+3 Sacred Seal to act as a "boon" for her. She's going to my Flier Emblem team so she has access to both Hone and Fortify Fliers.

What I need help with is her skillset. For her A slot should I go Fury or L&D? For the B slot she'll have WoM because dancer but is Desperation a good skill if she's going to fight every once in a while or should I give her a breaker to be more consistent?

Do you want her as a combat unit, or a utility one?  If you can figure out her main role, it will be easier to hammer out skills for her.

22 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Having made my last dip into my financial reserves for a while,  I've started pondering going for a f2p account in addition to my semi- whaling account.   Do y'all think that this is about the best time to give it a shot, with a fancy flying singer now being a thing and the 1 year anniversary a mo th away? 

Next time, posts questions like this here, instead of in the pull topic.

Now's as good a time as any, though you'll need a stamina potion or three.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Next time, posts questions like this here, instead of in the pull topic.

Now's as good a time as any, though you'll need a stamina potion or three.

My apologies,  I'll keep that in mind henceforth.   And thanks!   I know what to put my Nintendo Points towards after I get my free 10 orbs.  Plus, my timing is made better with the warriors maps being active, makes fur super efficient training.  :]

2 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

My apologies,  I'll keep that in mind henceforth.   And thanks!   I know what to put my Nintendo Points towards after I get my free 10 orbs.  Plus, my timing is made better with the warriors maps being active, makes fur super efficient training.  :]

You've also got TT, where you can get a bonus unit after 6,000 points.  Downside is that the dev maps expire today.

Oh, right, there's also a bunch of active banners, which means a free pull from each should help.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Do you want her as a combat unit, or a utility one?  If you can figure out her main role, it will be easier to hammer out skills for her.

If my actual flier team is anything to go by her two jobs would be to dance another flier to get back to safety and to kill any blue that S!Corrin can't for some reason like those refined Berkut Lance+ Effies. Hmm...I guess I'll go with Lancebreaker then, after all everything else Elincia, S!Corrin and Hinoka can take care off.

Trying to figure out who I want in my 4th Flier Emblem slot. Here's what I have down for sure so far:

Spoiler

• ToD!Nowi (+Def -Spd) Grimoire (will replace with Raudhrblade+), Reposition, Glimmer
  • Fury 3, Bowbreaker 3, Hone Fliers, Speed +3

• HNY!Azura (+Res -Spd) Hagoita+, Sing, Moonbow
  • Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Fliers, Distant Defense 3

• Catria (+Spd -Res) Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Luna
  • Life and Death 3, Hit and Run, Fortify Fliers, Attack +3

And here are all the fliers I already have:

Spoiler

HNY!Camilla +Spd -HP, no build

Elincia +Spd -Res, Amiti, Reposition, Luna / Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Speed 3

Caeda +Def -Res, Armorslayer+, Rally Speed / Darting Blow 3, Fortify Fliers

Tana +Spd -Res, Vidofnir, Reposition, Moonbow / Hit and Run, Guidance 3

Cordelia +Atk -Res, Brave Lance+, Astra/Galeforce / Triangle Adept 3, Drag Back

Minerva +Atk -HP, Hauteclair (no forge), Reposition, Glimmer / Life and Death 3, Desperation, Ward Fliers

Cherche +Atk -HP, Brave Axe+, Reposition, Bonfire / Death Blow 3, Drag Back, Goad Fliers

At 4* I managed to get a +Def -Spd Beruka, though as of now she has no training or SI.

I also have Narcian and Valter with no training done whatsoever.

I'm thinking that whoever I add will have Goad or Ward fliers. I have a 4* Caeda I can sack for another Fortify Fliers as well.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Trying to figure out who I want in my 4th Flier Emblem slot. Here's what I have down for sure so far:

Hide contents

• ToD!Nowi (+Def -Spd) Grimoire (will replace with Raudhrblade+), Reposition, Glimmer
  • Fury 3, Bowbreaker 3, Hone Fliers, Speed +3

• HNY!Azura (+Res -Spd) Hagoita+, Sing, Moonbow
  • Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Fliers, Distant Defense 3

• Catria (+Spd -Res) Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Luna
  • Life and Death 3, Hit and Run, Fortify Fliers, Attack +3

And here are all the fliers I already have:

Hide contents

HNY!Camilla +Spd -HP, no build

Elincia +Spd -Res, Amiti, Reposition, Luna / Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Speed 3

Caeda +Def -Res, Armorslayer+, Rally Speed / Darting Blow 3, Fortify Fliers

Tana +Spd -Res, Vidofnir, Reposition, Moonbow / Hit and Run, Guidance 3

Cordelia +Atk -Res, Brave Lance+, Astra/Galeforce / Triangle Adept 3, Drag Back

Minerva +Atk -HP, Hauteclair (no forge), Reposition, Glimmer / Life and Death 3, Desperation, Ward Fliers

Cherche +Atk -HP, Brave Axe+, Reposition, Bonfire / Death Blow 3, Drag Back, Goad Fliers

At 4* I managed to get a +Def -Spd Beruka, though as of now she has no training or SI.

I also have Narcian and Valter with no training done whatsoever.

I'm thinking that whoever I add will have Goad or Ward fliers. I have a 4* Caeda I can sack for another Fortify Fliers as well.

Singers/dancers are always a little weaker, another green unit would be good. You don't have SF!Camilla (who would have been ideal with double Hone Fliers on her team mates), but Minerva or Cherche as offensive options would work. Buffed Minerva with +SPD forge and heavy blade seal can run Galeforce. 

If you want an EP unit instead, you would need to build Narcian, Beruka (or Michalis) or change the build of Minerva. 

Edited by mampfoid

So I built a Blárowl M!Robin (+atk/-hp) for fun with Fury and Swordbreaker (leftover from TA build) with the speed refinement and I'd like to know if there's anyway to improve the build. I suppose I could go with DD and QR, but I'd like for him to have somewhat decent player phase too, if that's possible. 

Also I've got a +atk/-def Ephraim and I was going to build him Death Blow/Renewal/Whatever and Moonbow with refined weapon, but now that the heavy blade seal is out, would aether be better for keeping him in follow up range? 

54 minutes ago, eclipse said:

What's a better bane for Reinhardt, Def or Res?  I'm lucky enough to have that choice.

I would go for -Res. -Res also allows you to give Reinhardt a Raven set in case you ever need him to fulfill that role.

Reinhardt +Atk
Dire Thunder, Moonbow
Death Blow, Lancebreaker
Quickened Pulse
Player Phase [-Def] 139:26:39
Player Phase [-Res] 140:24:40

36 minutes ago, WyvernQueen said:

So I built a Blárowl M!Robin (+atk/-hp) for fun with Fury and Swordbreaker (leftover from TA build) with the speed refinement and I'd like to know if there's anyway to improve the build. I suppose I could go with DD and QR, but I'd like for him to have somewhat decent player phase too, if that's possible. 

Also I've got a +atk/-def Ephraim and I was going to build him Death Blow/Renewal/Whatever and Moonbow with refined weapon, but now that the heavy blade seal is out, would aether be better for keeping him in follow up range? 

Player Phase and Enemy Phase generally require completely different skill sets. Moonbow-Fury-Breaker is the closest to a both phase set, however, Quick Riposte builds will significantly outperform it on Enemy Phase and Blárblade-Life and Death builds will significantly outperform it during Player Phase.

M!Robin +Atk -HP
Blárblade
Life and Death, Lancebreaker
4/4/0/0
Player Phase 108:23:73

M!Robin +Atk -HP
Blárowl [Spd], Moonbow
Fury, Quick RIposte
Ranged Enemies Only
Enemy Phase 27:15:42

M!Robin +Atk -HP
Blárowl [Spd], Moonbow
Fury, Lancebreaker
Player Phase [4/4/0/0] 45:7:152
Enemy Phase [Ranged Enemies Only] 4:15:65

For Ephraim, I think Bonfire/Luna might be better for killing stuff. Since he has Renewal, I am not sure if Aether is worth it. Aether also will not activate in the first round I think, although it will be fully charged.

Edited by XRay

25 minutes ago, WyvernQueen said:

Aether has a high SP cost for arena scoring, so it’s a good investment if he’s a part of your arena team.

I would replace Renewal with any one of Quick Riposte, Swordbreaker, or Lancebreaker though. The HP threshold for his refinement is small enough that he will benefit more from those skills as an enemy phase check than Renewal’s miniscule healing. Quick Riposte is preferred but Swordbreaker and Lancebreaker can check specific threats depending on your team.

45 minutes ago, WyvernQueen said:

@XRay Thanks! If I run a melee breaker, would CC be worth considering? I do have a bad IV Takumi just sitting in my barracks but I might build a CC Owl H!Henry so I'm not sure.

@MrSmokestack He already had QR pre-refinement so that's what I'll run with. Thanks for your help!

I would go with Close Counter on TOD!Henry since he has the stats to do it well, as well as having decent mobility if he is paired up. Depending on his nature, I think TOD!Henry is better off with a Player Phase set since he can run Gronnblade-Death Blow-Bold Fighter.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go with Close Counter on TOD!Henry since he has the stats to do it well, as well as having decent mobility if he is paired up. Depending on his nature, I think TOD!Henry is better off with a Player Phase set since he can run Gronnblade-Death Blow-Bold Fighter.

H!Henry is +spd/-def so I guess I could go with a blade tome, then should I give up a ward for a hone for Armor Emblem? 22 def is not spectacular, but guess Armor March will make it easier to position him out of danger.

17 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@mampfoid  I went with Beruka. I was lucky to have enough crappy units to grind into feathers to afford Quick Riposte 3, Goad Fliers, and promoting her to 5*.

There is no way I can possibly regret this decision. Because I said so.

Cool, what other skills will you give her? Slaying Axe, Bonfire? 

Why would you regret that decision? I'm still waiting for a +DEF/-SPD copy to make her 4*+10. 

22 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Cool, what other skills will you give her? Slaying Axe, Bonfire? 

Why would you regret that decision? I'm still waiting for a +DEF/-SPD copy to make her 4*+10. 

I have a number of units who I sacrificed so many units and feathers to make good, and I still don't even have them at 500 hero merit because Bridelia... well, Bridelia and Reinhardt, but still she and a dancer are sually all I need in this game.

Anyways, nothing too special on Beruka. Ignis and Slaying Axe (plan on +Def when I get the refining stones to afford it), Quick Riposte as mentioned, Goad Fliers... well I suppose Close Defense is worth noting. I was considering Steady Stance, but decided that having some bulk against Dragonstones would be nice to have considering my other fliers (save Azura) can't counterattack Dragons. I'll probably give her CD3 for her SS when I get the coins to afford it, but Iotes Shield would make her immune to bows anyways, so... hm.

That effort to give her 40 Res against Dragons, and that's ignoring how she will have 62 in-battle defense. I remember somebody wanted to see Anna as she appeared in Apotheosis to appear AS SHE APPEARED IN APOTHEOSIS... heh.

Edited by Xenomata

48 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I have a number of units who I sacrificed so many units and feathers to make good, and I still don't even have them at 500 hero merit because Bridelia... well, Bridelia and Reinhardt, but still she and a dancer are sually all I need in this game.

Anyways, nothing too special on Beruka. Ignis and Slaying Axe (plan on +Def when I get the refining stones to afford it), Quick Riposte as mentioned, Goad Fliers... well I suppose Close Defense is worth noting. I was considering Steady Stance, but decided that having some bulk against Dragonstones would be nice to have considering my other fliers (save Azura) can't counterattack Dragons. I'll probably give her CD3 for her SS when I get the coins to afford it, but Iotes Shield would make her immune to bows anyways, so... hm.

That effort to give her 40 Res against Dragons, and that's ignoring how she will have 62 in-battle defense. I remember somebody wanted to see Anna as she appeared in Apotheosis to appear AS SHE APPEARED IN APOTHEOSIS... heh.

Well with Ignis, Slaying Axe, low SPD, QR and QP seal, she could proc her special immediately on first EP. But also double CD3 sounds tempting though. 

She wants to get doubled to charge her special, that'll go a little contrary to all those buffs she'll receive.

Why would your team need to bait dragons? You'll have the movement advantage plus a dancer. In most cases you'll attack first with your Catria or Nowi. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Well with Ignis, Slaying Axe, low SPD, QR and QP seal, she could proc her special immediately on first EP. But also double CD3 sounds tempting though. 

She wants to get doubled to charge her special, that'll go a little contrary to all those buffs she'll receive.

Why would your team need to bait dragons? You'll have the movement advantage plus a dancer. In most cases you'll attack first with your Catria or Nowi. 

Well you can't always have the benefit of being able to Firesweep/Raudhrblade the dragons dead, not when the maps in this game seem specifically designed to screw with you (which fliers do have that advantage kind of, but then you have those maps with all the breakable walls hindering any progress you could make otherwise)

1 hour ago, WyvernQueen said:

H!Henry is +spd/-def so I guess I could go with a blade tome, then should I give up a ward for a hone for Armor Emblem? 22 def is not spectacular, but guess Armor March will make it easier to position him out of danger.

For TOD!Henry I would give him something like:

Gronnblade, Reposition, Glimmer
Life and Death/Swift Sparrow/Fury, Bold Fighter/Desperation, Armor March
Heavy Blade/Attack +3/Speed +3

Since he is running Blades and have decent movement due to Armor March, his partner should ideally run Hone and his partner can extract him out of range with Reposition.

I cannot really think of a good combat use for Close Counter. It is more of a niche skill in my opinion and armor units with decent bulk are the only ones who can satisfactorily run it; most ranged units are deficient in either Defense or Resistance, and those with balanced bulk do not have high enough bulk in either areas. Even if armor units can run Close Counter, it is better to give them Death Blow-Bold Fighter so they can take on merge +10 enemies. You can give it PA!Inigo and PA!Shigure for scoring purposes. If you need more Barracks space, I will just give Close Counter to your favorite unit to show them off or something.

If you are going for Close Counter-Vantage meme, it works best on units with sky high Attack and Blade tomes. I have not personally used them, so I am not sure if their other stats matter. I think Genny might be able to do it well with Pain+ [Wrathful Staff]-Savage Blow-Savage Blow. 54 Attack (Base+Nature+Weapon+A Skill+Sacred Seal) is not much, but it is colorless so few units can color tank it, and having 24/10 taken out of the enemies' HP is about the same as having 78/64 Attack. With a Dancer/Singer, that 78/64 Attack can be 102/74 Attack. I think Elise can run it well too since she has easy access to Hone Cavalry.

Edited by XRay

13 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Well you can't always have the benefit of being able to Firesweep/Raudhrblade the dragons dead, not when the maps in this game seem specifically designed to screw with you (which fliers do have that advantage kind of, but then you have those maps with all the breakable walls hindering any progress you could make otherwise)

Break the wall, dance out of reach. Next turn: Dance into reach -> kill dragon. 

You can do this even in TTs once or twice without to kill your speed score. 

Edited by mampfoid

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Break the wall, dance out of reach. Next turn: Dance into reach -> kill dragon. 

You can do this even in TTs once or twice without to kill your speed score. 

It is possible yeah, but I say "better prepared" than "RETREAT".

...which is to say having a powerful enemy phase unit who can take on anything thrown at her as long as she can counterattack is pretty neat.

Edited by Xenomata

18 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It is possible yeah, but I say "better prepared" than "RETREAT".

...which is to say having a powerful enemy phase unit who can take on anything thrown at her as long as she can counterattack is pretty neat.

I was not arguing against an EP unit on your team in general, I was questioning the necessity to prepare especially for baiting dragons. When I'm playing my flying mages (even without dancer until now), they bait mostly other mages, especially those on a horse. The rest get killed on PP, thanks to overpowered buffs and Reposition. 

Edited by mampfoid

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I was not arguing against an EP unit on your team in general. When I'm playing my flying mages (even without dancer until now), they bait mostly other mages, especially those on a horse. The rest get killed on PP, thanks to overpowered buffs and Reposition. 

I understand that, but IMO the more one unit is able to bait and kill (when considering one of her teammates can't counterattack, another can only counter ranged, and the other is a dancer), the better.

Hm... perhaps Nowi should run DD3...

Edited by Xenomata