"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

11 hours ago, Hilda said:

Also there is no decent Blue Tome user that can run an owl Tome potently. Odin comes to mind, but his Attack stat is... i dont know like totally underground lol

I don't remember who mentioned it, but Oliver (GHB on Sunday) may be a candidate for such a tome. But you won't be able to give him many merges soon. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again, everyone.  Now I'm trying to work on my Clarine, who has neutral IVs and knows Fear+, Martyr+, Swift-Winds Balm, Resistance +3, Live to Serve 2, and Ward Cavalry.  I'm not sure whether to refine her Fear+ to add Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff.  At first I was thinking Wrathful Staff, but I'm not sure how helpful it'll be since she won't be able to do a lot of meaningful damage compared to her teammates, so now I'm thinking to go with Dazzling Staff to improve her existing support role.

I'm also wondering if there are any better A Skills for her than Resistance +3.  Close Def 3 looks tempting, but the only units I have who know it are a 4-Star Joshua (if I put in the feathers to make him a 5-Star, that is) and a 5-Star Sigurd.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

43 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Hello again, everyone.  Now I'm trying to work on my Clarine, who has neutral IVs and knows Fear+, Martyr+, Swift-Winds Balm, Resistance +3, Live to Serve 2, and Ward Cavalry.  I'm not sure whether to refine her Fear+ to add Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff.  At first I was thinking Wrathful Staff, but I'm not sure how helpful it'll be since she won't be able to do a lot of meaningful damage compared to her teammates, so now I'm thinking to go with Dazzling Staff to improve her existing support role.

I'm also wondering if there are any better A Skills for her than Resistance +3.  Close Def 3 looks tempting, but the only units I have who know it are a 4-Star Joshua (if I put in the feathers to make him a 5-Star, that is) and a 5-Star Sigurd.

Dazzling Staff Refinement is far more useful since she can safely debuff any unit. Clarine's Attack and other stats are not particularly high either, so she may die on the counter.

I would give Clarine Attack +3 so she can do more healing.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I went Wrathful but then my Clarine is +atk (which gives her +4) and will usually have full horse buffs. She has the speed and bulk such that an enemy will generally need QR to kill her, so I'm fine with her eating a counter most of the time. As pointed out though, her 25 neutral attack is iffy for damage purposes even after horse buffs, so perhaps the decision should be influenced on whether you plan on merging her into a more offensive IV version in future.

(Another factor is that I don't really value the Fear+ debuff all that much either, Dazzling seems more appealing on someone with Gravity+, say)

Edited by Humanoid

6 hours ago, CorruptedChrome said:

Pulled 2 micaiah , which one to I keep and build on ?

neutral

or 

+HP/-Spd

Keep neutral so she still has somewhat of a Player Phase presence. -Spd is generally the worst nature for most units, and the +HP does not justify it in my opinion; [+Atk/Res, -Spd] would have been better to allow her to specialize with an Enemy Phase build.

Edited by XRay

What to do with a +SPD/-HP Micaiah? I'm happy to have a blue mage finally void of a crippling bane. But Micaiah's nature has me at something of a loss.

+ATK would have improved her best stat.

+DEF would have given her better performance vs Brave Lyn & Halloween Jakob + Daggers/Archers.

+RES would have made her even more of a ridiculous tank and a potential Reinhardt check if she isn't already.

But as is she has 35/31 offenses. She was never meant to be fast and she still isn't. How should I build her with this in mind?

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

What to do with a +SPD/-HP Micaiah? I'm happy to have a blue mage finally void of a crippling bane. But Micaiah's nature has me at something of a loss.

+DEF would have given her better performance vs Brave Lyn & Halloween Jakob + Daggers/Archers.

+RES would have made her even more of a ridiculous tank and a potential Reinhardt check if she isn't already.

But as is she has 35/31 offenses. She was never meant to be fast and she still isn't. How should I build her with this in mind?

If you do not want to give her a Player Phase nuking set, you can specialize her as an armor killer with Life and Death-Windsweep/Watersweep-Phantom Speed. Armor units rarely stack Goad Armor or run Phantom Speed, so Micaiah should have no trouble taking most of them out in one or two rounds.

I think her default skill set is fine as a red mage tank if you need more of those.

Edited by XRay

56 minutes ago, Zeo said:

If you only have one of a character, there is no reason not to pretend that its stats are what they are with a neutral nature. The fact that Micaiah's Spd is normally 28 means nothing when the only Micaiah you have has 31 Spd.

I don't think it's correct to think of units having good or bad natures if you aren't expecting to get more than a handful of copies in the near future. Treat each such unit you get as a different character with a neutral nature and different base stats (because "what stats this unit could have had" matters less than "what stats this unit actually has").

As for an actual build, Sacrifice can be used to easily activate Brash Assault and Desperation. Sacrifice can also be used to activate Vantage for use against ranged cavalry units. If you are in a score range where you see a large number of armored units with Distant Counter you can run Windsweep and Phantom Spd to safely snipe armors at neutral weapon triangle or even weapon triangle disadvantage.

Ok so I am trying to get this around my head; assuming neutral stats and vanilla skills, what is the priority damage between Micaiah and Sigurd? 

Micaiah has  20% due to triangle advantage, plus 50% due to super effective damage. Then it is the 50% damage reduction from that attack plus the 9 extra res that Sigurd has?

25 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Which characters would find useful having mirror strike (+4 Atk/Res) in their A skill? I’m a fan of dual blows (my 5* Palla runs Sturdy Blow), since they have 2 useful stat boosts and they cost 240 SP for Arena

A ranged unit running a Tomebreaker skill to make up for the fact that not having +4 Spd means you're probably not double attacking as much as you want to otherwise.

@XRay @Ice Dragon As far as her default set, Guard lets her check QP Reinhardt but it stops there. I don't think I'll run her solely as an Armor check because Life and Death undermines her RES which lets her deal with the most irritating class in the game: Cav Mages. I've also never pulled an Alm and I only have one Joshua so that Windsweep is actually pretty important and I could potentially put it on a Dagger unit in the future so I have to wait. Vantage would check Cavalry mages flat and Brash+Desperation would guarantee a clean sweep vs virtually all DC Cavalry and armorsI'll likely keep Distant Def for the Vantage set but she might prefer a Blow skill if I'm going the Brash Desp set. Either way thanks for the dual advice.

Now on to another subject. I've said that I pulled two NY!Camillas. One is +DEF/-HP and one is +RES/-DEF. I went with the former and will likely run a QP set or some sort of enemy phase build to capitalize on her DEF. But I've come to the realization that I am potentially in the possession of SPD/DEF Bond fodder. I could merge her for +1 HP/ATK, but SPD/DEF bond is an interesting skill with potential use. For one thing anyone else who runs this skill could support with Oscar and his Drive+Spur combo for a 13 point boost in SPD/DEF. Another thing to note is that the Bond skills (as well as the Brazen Skills!) can be used by Healers and offensive healers could benefit from skills like this and I am going to build an Infantry Serra down the line.

Or of course, I could just merge her for +1 HP/ATK. Advice?

Edited by Zeo

All right, so I have two Felicias lying around where one is +Res, -Def and the other is +Spd, -Def. Even though some mages can reach very high speeds, a mage tank Felicia wants more resistance than speed, right? I'm thinking of building her with a refined Rogue Dagger+ and eventually maybe that Windsweep build. Now, if only Distant Def or Warding Stance would become more common. Also, Windsweep since I would like to keep my 4* Joshua around in case for F2P strategies that strictly require a 4* Joshua and not a 5* one and I'm definitely not going to use my only Alm for Windsweep.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

But I've come to the realization that I am potentially in the possession of SPD/DEF Bond fodder.

I am not a fan of Bonds since there is a strict positioning requirement. I do not think Player Phase units will use it well since they often have to move away from their allies to attack. You can give it to an Enemy Phase tank, but then they will need a babysitter by them in order for them to function well during combat.

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

A ranged unit running a Tomebreaker skill to make up for the fact that not having +4 Spd means you're probably not double attacking as much as you want to otherwise.

So maybe could I fix my -Spe/+Res Celica this way? 

Could run Mirror Strike 2, R or G Tomebreaker 3, Threaten Res 3 for example?

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Can Micaiah take on blue armors with Berkut's lances and distance counter? I see that to be a common build in the arena.

Neutral Micaiah without any skills that boost her Atk has 73 effective Atk against blue and colorless armors.

Neutral Effie with Berkut's Lance+ [Res] has 89 magic bulk. Neutral Gwendolyn has 93 magic bulk. Neutral Robin has 86 magic bulk.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What are units good for bond skills?

Any enemy-phase unit that isn't already running Distant Counter, Close Counter, Triangle Adept, or Steady Breath.

Looking for advice to build my Ryoma in preparation for the mini-TT. What's a good special for him? He's +Spd if that matters, but I'm not exactly sure if I should give him something like Draconic Aura, Dragon Fang, Moonbow or Luna.

Also with Tharja, I have a +Spd/-HP one that I could upgrade, but should I wait for a different Tharja? Would she want a different boon like +Atk?

Edited by mcsilas

Well it is kinda disappointing to see that Micaiah doesn't murder DC blue armors. So the Brash Desperation combo I see floating around is basically necessary to nuke the blue armors.

Since we are talking Bond Skills. +DEF/-ATK Charlotte. Since I got a  -SPD Fjorm while hunting her I just went ahead and gave ATK/DEF bond to Charlotte. She appears to be functioning alright, but am kinda curious what others think of that decision. Kinda sad that I couldn't get Drive Attack at the same time. The way her spoon's buff works is a bit awkward to stack with the bond skill.

@mcsilas - Not sure on Ryoma since I have never built mine, but for Tharja I sometimes feel sad that mine is +ATK instead of +SPD.  Basically if you go the Life And Death/Fury Desperation set you are, before buffs, 50/42 with a speed boon or 53/39 with an attack boon(subract 2 from each if you run fury). I think I know which I prefer, but I have a need for speed!

@Usana Ah okay thanks for the input. I guess since I'm going Desperation mode for her, doubling would be better. I have a lot of red mages right now anyway though so maybe I'll wait to see if I get better bane (unless -HP is the best bane for her)

Also another question before the mini-TT, which A skill does +Atk/-HP Hinoka want more? Death Blow (I pulled a rare Klein) or Life or Death (to fix the Speed drop, but is it worth the reduced bulk)?

22 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Ah okay thanks for the input. I guess since I'm going Desperation mode for her, doubling would be better. I have a lot of red mages right now anyway though so maybe I'll wait to see if I get better bane (unless -HP is the best bane for her)

Tharja's in a weird spot since she has eh Def and even eher Res. I don't really think she cares that much among -HP, -Def, and -Res (though -Def and -Res are both technically an improvement over -HP).

I also second the choice of +Spd with a Desperation build.

28 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also another question before the mini-TT, which A skill does +Atk/-HP Hinoka want more? Death Blow (I pulled a rare Klein) or Life or Death (to fix the Speed drop, but is it worth the reduced bulk)?

Hinoka has 4 more physical bulk than Cordelia. If you're running her default Brave Lance+, Life and Death 3 works fine.

@Ice Dragon Okay cool thanks. I don't I have a rush to need Tharja right now so maybe I'll wait before 5 starring her.

As for Hinoka, it's mostly for Tempest Trial's Lunatic stats that has me slightly iffy about going LaD (even then I only have 1 spare Minerva left). Hinoka currently has Lancebreaker, so no Desperation build. (Argh why are the good A skills so rare in my barracks?)

It's mostly an issue of cheapness really, I do have lots of Hanas and Hawkeyes so maybe a level 2 of that skill will suffice for the TT.

If I'm happy with LaD maybe I'll eventually give her Minerva's LaD 3 and then Ward Fliers to get the most of the sacrifice.

So I am thinking of running a seasonal flier emblem. I have Spring Camilla(+HP/-SPD), Summer Corrin(+SPD/-HP), Halloween Nowi(+HP/-DEF), and New Year Azura(+HP/-DEF). Or in other words I have one for each season! I can easily run dual Forts/Hones. Corrin already has the Blade Tome. I could also Blade both Nowi and Camilla easily enough. I don't think there is much question on if I should Blade Nowi.

However, Camilla is the tough one. I do have a 5* Nino(neutral) who I don't use so I can blade without feather use. Raven would require me to bring up a 3* Cecilia which means waiting for feather collection. So it would be easier to blade her. Problem is her numbers for stopping archers seem a bit shaky even with Iote's Shield(whether in A or Seal slot doesn't matter since I can manage either or). Well ok, mostly when dealing with Lyn who can ignore buffs. I am just indecisive. I don't want to invest super heavily into her since she isn't my favorite character, so I want to pick one build rather than setting her up to use multiple builds. But I am tempted to use the Raven/TA build simply because it can deal with both Rein and Lyn in the same turn. Assuming no Cancel Affinity of course. But that would be costly for me feather wise, particularly if I go for QR. Uggh, limited resources.

I don't think I would use Life and Death on Nowi or Corrin. They are the closest things to mage baiters this team has. And if I don't go Raven with Camilla I will need Corrin to pitch hit for Rein if both he and Lyn are on a map. For that she needs her full magic bulk and the Deflect Magic Seal. As for Swift Sparrow, I think I'll avoid burning my fodder here. The differences in match ups are rather minor. Or rather what it puts her over can be handled by the rest of the team easily enough.