"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

10 hours ago, Aera said:

What are some other alternatives? My other idea was a Kadomatsu+ and Ward Armor for funsies. 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Kadomatsu with Ward Armor is also good in a more traditional Distant Counter armor team.

An armor with Kadomatsu+ really, really wants to have Bold Fighter or Vengeful Fighter, though, because otherwise they will be unable to activate a 3-cooldown special skill in one round of combat.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, XRay said:

If he is going to have a Hone Armor partner stuck to him, then Heavy Blade should be fine. If he cannot buff his Attack consistently, then I would go with Attack +3 Sacred Seal for more damage.

Kadomatsu with Ward Armor is also good in a more traditional Distant Counter armor team.

Wo Dao+ (Defense Refine) , Death Blow / Sturdy Blow, Bold Fighter, Ward Armor, Attack +3 or Panic Ploy would be good instead then? The buffing that you mentioned is giving me doubts, so I decided to change it to see if it's better this way. He benefits from his boon to lower his chances of getting doubled, and his Attack bane is covered by his activation of Black Luna and the bonus damage from Wo Dao+. His partner does not have Distant Counter, so I decided not to give him Kadomatsu+. Thank you for your suggestion!

21 minutes ago, Aera said:

Wo Dao+ (Defense Refine) , Death Blow / Sturdy Blow, Bold Fighter, Ward Armor, Attack +3 or Panic Ploy would be good instead then?

It looks good. I lean towards Death Blow and Attack +3 for more damage, but if you need the points, Sturdy Blow and Panic Ploy are fine too.

Something I've been meaning to do for a long while now is promote my 4* Clive into 5*, which I recently finally did as I didn't feel at the time that I needed any unit at 5* and I couldn't fully justify promoting the others yet (a lot of them I feel have dropped in value over the months...). This also means my Clive is at 5* +1 merge.

I know he isn't a fantastic unit, even for Cavalry standards, but I still wanna be able to use him in Arena Assault if the need ever arises. He has inherited Quick Riposte 3, Sapphire Lance+, Swap, and Moonbow. Sap Lance and Swap came from Subakis since I knew I'd have to promote one for QR3 anyways and I had already given Clive QR2 and Swap anyways.

I had once planned to give him Distant Counter and Horse Buffs, but I don't think I'll ever be getting DC soon, and if I do I aint giving it to Clive. Now I'm not really sure what to do. I'll probably budget and refine his Silver Lance over getting him a Slaying Lance, or just run with Sapphire Lance. I really don't have any spare Lances to throw around that wildly, even among 4* fodder, so I'm gonna say no to giving him a new weapon for now. Any advise?

I'm building a Fae (I've got one +def-hp and one +spd-hp) she already has lightning breath + def and I've upgraded the +spd one. But now, I'd like to upgrade the def one because of the super boon but I don't know what to choose. She has Fury 3, renewal 3 and Luna and the sacred seal is distant def  (planning to put quick riposte and aether on her as steady breath isn't possible as I'm f2p) 

Which one will be better? Should I refine the +spd weapon on +spd fae? Should I mix the two? Which boon? I'd really like a tank fae but I don't know which one would be stronger (the +10 merge def is going to be perfect but as it'll take me years to finish her..) 

11 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Something I've been meaning to do for a long while now is promote my 4* Clive into 5*, which I recently finally did as I didn't feel at the time that I needed any unit at 5* and I couldn't fully justify promoting the others yet (a lot of them I feel have dropped in value over the months...). This also means my Clive is at 5* +1 merge.

I know he isn't a fantastic unit, even for Cavalry standards, but I still wanna be able to use him in Arena Assault if the need ever arises. He has inherited Quick Riposte 3, Sapphire Lance+, Swap, and Moonbow. Sap Lance and Swap came from Subakis since I knew I'd have to promote one for QR3 anyways and I had already given Clive QR2 and Swap anyways.

I had once planned to give him Distant Counter and Horse Buffs, but I don't think I'll ever be getting DC soon, and if I do I aint giving it to Clive. Now I'm not really sure what to do. I'll probably budget and refine his Silver Lance over getting him a Slaying Lance, or just run with Sapphire Lance. I really don't have any spare Lances to throw around that wildly, even among 4* fodder, so I'm gonna say no to giving him a new weapon for now. Any advise?

Arena Assault has a looser, slightly different standard than Arena. Unless you are one of the few whales who can afford seven or more different Arena teams and use them all in Arena Assault, cost efficiency is going to be a pretty important factor for most players. As long as a unit can do one job well, that unit is fantastic for Arena Assault. A unit does not need to be good at more than one thing since you can preview the enemy team and just bring a unit that is a hard counter. Team cohesion and color balance is not necessary, so you can run all red units if the enemy has all green units.

Clive is certainly fantastic at shutting down sword units with Sapphire Lance, Moonbow, and Quick Riposte. That is literally all he needs to do, so there is no need to over invest in him. You can give him a cheap C skill if you want, but it is not necessary.

For future reference, Gem Weapons, Effective Weapons, and Triangle Adept builds perform better with Glimmer since they do a huge amount of damage against enemies they are strong against, so you can save your Moonbows for generalist units running Wo Dao, Slaying Weapons, and so on. Blade mages also want Glimmer because they deal a huge amount of damage, so more Moonbow for everyone else!

Gem Weapons, Brave Weapons, Glimmer, Triangle Adept, and Breakers are all skills in relatively high supply and you certainly do not need to max any of them. Triangle Adept 2 is available from Selena and Cordelia, and that is usually more than enough to shut down whatever enemies your unit is trying to counter. Triangle Adept 3 in many cases is unnecessary. Gem Weapons are also widely available for melee units, so you can save Triangle Adept 2 for your mages.

Vanilla Sully and Arthur are fantastic in Arena Assault for that reason, due to their Gem Weapon-Breaker combo. They only thing they need is just Glimmer.

11 hours ago, Metakirby said:

I'm building a Fae (I've got one +def-hp and one +spd-hp) she already has lightning breath + def and I've upgraded the +spd one. But now, I'd like to upgrade the def one because of the super boon but I don't know what to choose. She has Fury 3, renewal 3 and Luna and the sacred seal is distant def  (planning to put quick riposte and aether on her as steady breath isn't possible as I'm f2p) 

Which one will be better? Should I refine the +spd weapon on +spd fae? Should I mix the two? Which boon? I'd really like a tank fae but I don't know which one would be stronger (the +10 merge def is going to be perfect but as it'll take me years to finish her..) 

I would merge the two; keep the +Def and sacrifice the +Spd. Fae is still pretty slow even if you stack Speed on her, as she is going to be out sped by faster units running skills that boost their Speed too. Since Fae is a tank, you may want her to be doubled so she can activate a higher cool down Special more consistently, so -Spd is defenitely not a bad bane if you ever get one.

Edited by XRay

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Arena Assault has a looser, slightly different standard than Arena. Unless you are one of the few whales who can afford seven or more different Arena teams and use them all in Arena Assault, cost efficiency is going to be a pretty important factor for most players. As long as a unit can do one job well, that unit is fantastic for Arena Assault. A unit does not need to be good at more than one thing since you can preview the enemy team and just bring a unit that is a hard counter. Team cohesion and color balance is not necessary, so you can run all red units if the enemy has all green units.

Clive is certainly fantastic at shutting down sword units with Sapphire Lance, Moonbow, and Quick Riposte. That is literally all he needs to do, so there is no need to over invest in him. You can give him a cheap C skill if you want, but it is not necessary.

For future reference, Gem Weapons, Effective Weapons, and Triangle Adept builds perform better with Glimmer since they do a huge amount of damage against enemies they are strong against, so you can save your Moonbows for generalist units running Wo Dao, Slaying Weapons, and so on. Blade mages also want Glimmer because they deal a huge amount of damage, so more Moonbow for everyone else!

Gem Weapons, Brave Weapons, Glimmer, Triangle Adept, and Breakers are all skills in relatively high supply and you certainly do not need to max any of them. Triangle Adept 2 is available from Selena and Cordelia, and that is usually more than enough to shut down whatever enemies your unit is trying to counter. Triangle Adept 3 in many cases is unnecessary. Gem Weapons are also widely available for melee units, so you can save Triangle Adept 2 for your mages.

Vanilla Sully and Arthur are fantastic in Arena Assault for that reason, due to their Gem Weapon-Breaker combo. They only thing they need is just Glimmer.

I would merge the two; keep the +Def and sacrifice the +Spd. Fae is still pretty slow even if you stack Speed on her, as she is going to be out sped by faster units running skills that boost their Speed too. Since Fae is a tank, you may want her to be doubled so she can activate a higher cool down Special more consistently, so -Spd is defenitely not a bad bane if you ever get one.

It was what I wanted to do initially but I totally forgot these speed boosts, I'll go with +def then, thanks! 

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Quick question- although it's more forum-related but it's related to this thread.

How do I check/search for all of my posts in this thread? I want to check some suggested builds in the past but this thread has a lot of pages

There should be a search box in the top right*. When you are viewing a thread and put something in it will read 'this topic'. Type in your query and click search. From there you can go to the more search options and Search by Author. Use your own name and click search again. I have used it myself to find a couple old posts. Sadly you can't do a blank search so you will have to put say a unit's name in to get it to return results. But as long as you know what builds you want to look up that should be an issue.

There might be an easier way to do what you want, but this is how I've been doing it myself.

Edited by Usana
apparently I can't tell right from left

Hey guys, I need some help in building NY! Corrin. I know he is not astounding or anything but I really like him so I wanted to make an arena assault team with him. I plan to pair him up with Fjorm so she can take care of magic units that NY! Corrin can't take, not sure yet who the other teammates will be.

From what I've searched, CC with Slaying bow+ is his best set but I don't have CC fodder nor DD3 fodder and I don't have much resource atm to give him slaying bow+ so what kind of build can I use to make him viable in arena assault?

On a side note, can weapons be refined if it was inherited from someone else? Like I inherit slaying bow+ to corrin. Can I refine the weapon while its with corrin or does it have to be with the original owner?

18 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

On a side note, can weapons be refined if it was inherited from someone else? Like I inherit slaying bow+ to corrin. Can I refine the weapon while its with corrin or does it have to be with the original owner?

Yes, inherited weapons can be refined.
It is refined weapons that cannot be inherited.

44 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Hey guys, I need some help in building NY! Corrin. I know he is not astounding or anything but I really like him so I wanted to make an arena assault team with him. I plan to pair him up with Fjorm so she can take care of magic units that NY! Corrin can't take, not sure yet who the other teammates will be.

From what I've searched, CC with Slaying bow+ is his best set but I don't have CC fodder nor DD3 fodder and I don't have much resource atm to give him slaying bow+ so what kind of build can I use to make him viable in arena assault?

His 34 base Def is second only to +Def variants of Gordin and Jakob among bow users, and he can reach a huge 55 Def on enemy phase with Guard Bow+ [Def], Distant Def 3, and the Distant Def 3 Sacred Seal as a dedicated bow counter with Bowbreaker (substituting his default Atk/Def 2 for Distant Def 3 drops his Def to 51, which is still really good, additionally substituting Def +3 for his Sacred Seal still puts him at 48 Def).

How good is Steady Stance as a skill? Should I fodder off the skill from the extra Black Knight I got from the Starter Support pack to a unit like Tiki or Nowi or should I merge my Black Knights together to +2?  Would the extra stats help him as I do use the Black Knight from time to time and I'm not going to bother trying to pull for Zelgius.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

How good is Steady Stance as a skill? Should I fodder off the skill from the extra Black Knight I got from the Starter Support pack to a unit like Tiki or Nowi or should I merge my Black Knights together to +2?  Would the extra stats help him as I do use the Black Knight from time to time and I'm not going to bother trying to pull for Zelgius.

It is okay. There are better skills out there. Steady Breath and Fury are generally the go-to A skill for general purpose Enemy Phase units. Steady Stance, Warding Stance, Close Def, and Distant Def are more geared towards walls in my opinion, such as Felicia.

I would personally just merge Black Knight, as Close Def is available as a Sacred Seal for those who want Steady Stance.

Edited by XRay

@Usana Okay thanks! That worked, it's strange how searching in a particular topic is a bit hidden..

Also general question, I'm building up my Fae and making her enemy phase with Quick Riposte seal (maybe Renewal as B skill for now)

What is a good special for her? Moonbow, Glimmer or Iceberg?

I have two Faes (one in each account) that needs special suggestions. One is +Atk/-Def and the other is +Res/-HP. Which would be the best option for each nature? (A skill is Triangle Adept for +Res and +Atk doesn't have one yet but I might give either Fury/Triangle Adept 2).

@Ice Dragon @XRay Any suggestions? I'm guessing lower cooldown for Glimmer/Moonbow is better since I'm going to give her Lightning Breath, so Iceberg might take a while to proc and I don't have spare Steady Breath.

25 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Usana Okay thanks! That worked, it's strange how searching in a particular topic is a bit hidden..

Also general question, I'm building up my Fae and making her enemy phase with Quick Riposte seal (maybe Renewal as B skill for now)

What is a good special for her? Moonbow, Glimmer or Iceberg?

I have two Faes (one in each account) that needs special suggestions. One is +Atk/-Def and the other is +Res/-HP. Which would be the best option for each nature? (A skill is Triangle Adept for +Res and +Atk doesn't have one yet but I might give either Fury/Triangle Adept 2).

@Ice Dragon @XRay Any suggestions? I'm guessing lower cooldown for Glimmer/Moonbow is better since I'm going to give her Lightning Breath, so Iceberg might take a while to proc and I don't have spare Steady Breath.

I would go for Moonbow for more coverage. If she goes Triangle Adept and she primarily only faces blue units, then Glimmer would be better.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

It is okay. There are better skills out there. Steady Breath and Fury are generally the go-to A skill for general purpose Enemy Phase units.

Unless you are a flier, in which case no Steady Breath for you. I gave my newest BK to Beruka.

So I snagged juust enough copies to get a 4*+10 Mae. I used a +SPD/-DEF one for the base. What I am wondering is which Blarowl refinement would be best. +SPD is the one tempting me most, but I almost always default on speed. I actually have Wings of Mercy on her after seeing it elsewhere. Kinda fun, but I figure for serious use she'll use desperation. Boring and standard maybe, but effective. Out of Fury so currently using HP+5 as the A placeholder. If I get some spare orbs I REALLY should consider pulling for some Hinatas. But knowing my luck I'll get more Roys or Laslows.

Anyways I am pretty sure +SPD is best bet(it would give her 49/37 offenses, the same as my +1 Linde), but I could see reasons to buffing up her resistance so I figured may as well ask what ya'll have done with your Mae if you have her.

So uhh... I wasn't expecting to get a fodderable Hector anytime soon, but I did, and I'm happy and all, but... I dunno who to give Distant Counter to.

Logic would dictate I give it to someone on my Arena Team (which consists of WE!Tharja, WE!Robin, and my main Hector, with Robin not having DC, plus whoever is the bonus unit), but Robin already runs Brazen Atk/Spd 3 decently well and I'm a little scared I'd lose a lot of potential power if I go for DC on him. Here's a full list of all the units that either want DC or I've thought would be good with DC.

Spoiler

Arden (would also be given Slaying Edge+ with Defense forge)

Sigurd (+Spd -Def)

Eldigan (+Spd -Atk)

Azura (+Res -HP)

Shiro (+Def -Spd, would give him QR3 as well)

Winter Envoy Robin (+Spd -Res)

Effie (+Atk -Res)

Clive (probably not actually, but I said I thought he'd be good with it)

Hinoka (+Def -Spd, would give her QR3 as well)

Brave Ike (+Atk -Res)

Performing Arts Azura (+Atk -Def, would probably also give Emerald Axe+ if I wanted her to be a Blue Killer)

Amelia (+Atk -Spd, would give her QR3 as well)

Winter Envoy Lissa (+Atk -Def)

Hoshidan New Year Azura (+Atk -Def, might also give Emerald Axe+)

Sheena (+Def -Spd, 4*)

Titania (+Res -HP, 4*)

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Any suggestions? I'm guessing lower cooldown for Glimmer/Moonbow is better since I'm going to give her Lightning Breath, so Iceberg might take a while to proc and I don't have spare Steady Breath.

I'm personally heavily biased towards the Triangle Adept build, which prefers Glimmer for damage or Aether for sustain.

The Fury build typically uses Moonbow.

Steady Breath, of course, uses Iceberg (or Bonfire if your Fae is built with higher Def, which I have seen before).

4 hours ago, ScarletSylph said:

Now that i know where guard bow is from, is it better to invest in slaying or guard bow? Also is bowbreaker the only B skill viable for corrin since i dont have CC?

There is never only one viable skill for a passive skill slot.

It depends entirely on how you want to use him, what resources you have available to you, and now much of those resources you intend to spend. What do you want Corrin to do for you?

3 hours ago, Usana said:

Anyways I am pretty sure +SPD is best bet(it would give her 49/37 offenses, the same as my +1 Linde), but I could see reasons to buffing up her resistance so I figured may as well ask what ya'll have done with your Mae if you have her.

I personally run my Mae with Blarowl+ and Life and Death 3 (+10 5-star). I'd give her a Spd refine because the precise reason she still has Blarowl instead of something else is to Spd creep certain faster units with Blarowl buffs (specifically, she could double attack Tempest Trials Lunatic 7 boss Celica even if Celica had Rally Spd on her so long as I had 2 stacks of Blarowl up).

Edited by Ice Dragon